What exactly do you expect your wii games to deliver?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

Serious question. What do you guys want from your wii games? Experience, solid controls, just plain fun? I'm interested cause it seems the board is super split on basically every issue when it comes to actual games lol. What do you personally look for?

wiifan342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 wiifan342
Member since 2008 • 338 Posts

Fun and something i can enjoy for a while

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

Just plain fun. That means the controls need to be fun AND good, though I don't really mind if the controls aren't absolutely perfect as long as they're fun to use. Looking through my collection, the games I've played the most or liked the most are simply fun. I like games for other reasons, too, like for having a great story, but pretty much all of my Wii games are just pure fun.

Some of the games I DON'T find to be very fun are Madworld and No More Heroes. Madworld seemed like it'd be a ton of fun based on the concept, but the execution wasn't quite as robust or creative as I expected. No More Heroes just isn't very fun at all to me. The boss fights are the highlights, but they couldn't make me enjoy the game much by themselves. I think it's just a coincidence that those are both uber violent games.... I have nothing against game violence, it's just that I didn't find it to be very fun in these cases.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

All I want out of my games is the ability to play them and not think "if only...."

That's it

Games like Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, and MLB Power Pros never give me that feeling

Games like No More Heroes, Okami, and Smash Bros give me that feeling

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

A game to just be plain fun, and have controls that you could pick up fast, and that anyone can play.

wiidskirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 wiidskirby
Member since 2008 • 1317 Posts

A fun experience for everyone with whom I play it. I enjoy playing games that you can just pick up and play, where you don't need to know much before playing. Basically, games with a simple idea that is still very fun, games like: Brawl, Wii Sports, and Mario Kart.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17817 Posts
well i like a game to look nice. it doesent have to be cutting edge but i want it too look nice. something like ninjabread man for example: completly unacceptable on the wii. i also want it to play well. the controls should make sense and feel as natural as possible. i expect the game to be fun and enjoyable..i want good content. i also like to see new ideas or new twists on existing ideas. the wii is a great place to experiment. i want experiences that just are not available and/or possible on other platforms.
-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts

Just plain fun. If a games fun, its doing somethin right.

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

Only the same thing I expect for any game on any system: fun. It's really simple, and it amazes me that many people can't see it that way. Wii owners aren't any different from anyone else in the sense that if they're having fun with a game, everything's good. My favorite games for the Wii have been as much fun as I've had with video games in some time, so I know that without a doubt that the system is very much capable of providing just what I'm expecting. I only wish this was a mentality that a lot more of my fellow gamers, developers, and the gaming media would have and take into account when talking about the system. Enough with focusing on demographics, sales, and so on and let's keep in mind why we all play video games to begin with. :)

_SniperFox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 _SniperFox_
Member since 2009 • 89 Posts

When Wii launched I expected great things for some reason. I feel they could have done a lot more with the Wii in terms of games at this time. Now I've accepted the Wii isn't going to deliver on what I imagined and I realise it's trying to be different. So I've tried to go along with that instead of selling the system. And after buying a few games I wouldn't normally buy such as Wiifit, EA Sports Active, Trauma Center, I find I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Just needed to treat it different than my PS3 and 360. Now I'm used to it. I'm still not the biggest fan in the world, and some days you will find me having a go at Nintendo for what they've failed to do this gen. But I'm still buying games for the Wii, and I'm slowly starting to play it more than I used to.

I always expect a lot from Nintendo, it goes back to when I owned a SNES and was blown away by nearly every game they released. I guess I want them to make a console as good as the SNES was for games, Maybe next gen.

black_ice23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 black_ice23
Member since 2003 • 1288 Posts
a good time, while using new innovative control
shadowdark61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 shadowdark61
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Serious question. What do you guys want from your wii games? Experience, solid controls, just plain fun? I'm interested cause it seems the board is super split on basically every issue when it comes to actual games lol. What do you personally look for?

ActicEdge
To be actually good. Yeah, that would be nice.
J-man45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#13 J-man45
Member since 2008 • 11043 Posts

They need to be fun. And they need to control well. Games like Mario Kart Wii and SSBB and Galaxy come to mind.

Crazyguy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Crazyguy105
Member since 2009 • 9513 Posts

I expect them to deliver good solid fun.

these_nuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 these_nuts
Member since 2009 • 203 Posts

I expect them to deliver delicious, piping-hot pizzas to my doorstep.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
Games that can be fun to play with others, and solid single player experiences that can transport me to new worlds.
zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts

1. The game must have at least Gamecube level graphics.
2. Gameplay can not revolve heavily around the Wii remote or else it becomes a minigame.
3. Gameplay must be rewarding and not repetitive, unless its fun.
4. Must be something new not recycled.
5. Must be longer than 10 hours.
6. Must be something that applies to the adult audience, in other words not something too stupid.
If it looks like a ps2 game I am not picking it up. This is the first sign of a bad game.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
Fun is all I want from any game regardless of what console its on, if a game is boring, I dont want to play it. The thing about fun though is many things contribute to it and many can hinder it like lackluster controls, horrid visuals or broken gameplay.
ACL0V3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ACL0V3R
Member since 2008 • 2273 Posts

Fun and something i can enjoy for a while

wiifan342

yes something that i cant blow through in about a day!

Goeniko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Goeniko
Member since 2009 • 286 Posts

Basically the same thing as anyone else - an enjoyable game. I don't see how the Wii's requirement for good games is any different from any other console.

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts

ActicEdge
the same i expect from PC or PS3 games, FUN.i want to be ENTERTAINED.If the game is NOT entertaining in a WAY(storytelling) or another(GAMEPLAY),is worthless no matter the graphics or other elements.The more FUN and the longer amount of fun i get, the more worth it is.TC is fun online for months,ergo is a great game.MK is loads of fun for months,great game. MG is good fun for some weeks,great game. And so forth.If i cant have fun, the most critically acclaimed game for me is just glorified POOP.
martinX3X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 martinX3X
Member since 2009 • 4488 Posts

Long-Lasting Quality Fun.

That's the only reason I play video games.

Allberio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Allberio
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Something fun that still has good controls (Think about all those Wii shooting games with broken controls)
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

Just plain fun that is all that I care about.

Eclipse-015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Eclipse-015
Member since 2008 • 414 Posts

High replay value

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
just plain fun. that's what games are for, and i think some developers and gamers are starting to forget that simple and obvious principle
chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

For fun. It's called video GAMES. Games are meant to be fun.

AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#28 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

Something that doesn't push motion on you...That uses IR...Has good graphics (for Wii standards). Although I can make an exception if the game is different and fun, EX. NPC Pikmin. It's fun. Feels like something you can't get out of another console. There is some Strategy (Not a must but something really needed). Different, unless it's a sequal or I like how that style is.

jorler333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 jorler333
Member since 2009 • 891 Posts

Just plain fun!

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

Something that actually takes advantage of the motion control and isn't just things that could be done on a regular controller only with motion added in. The motion control must be extremely responsive, I shouldn't have to do something 3 times for it to go. The Wii was built around a new more percise way to play but hardly any of the games are dead on. It must not be a game already available on PS2 or some last generation system. Even if itdoes have bettercontrols, I payed good money for the next step up and will not pay almost full price for last generation games, sorry. I want actual Wii games that are not dumbed down because they are multiplat. The reason I don't buy Wii games most of the time is because a lot of them are last generation games or there is something better on the other systems.

This is why I like Zack and Wiki, you couldn't get that on the other systems. Warioware could not be done on the other systems. Metroid Prime could not be done on the other systems.

A lot of games could be done on other systems like Mario Galaxy, Paper Mario, Animal crossing, Warioland Shake it for the most part, Fire Emblem, Batallion Wars 2, Endless Ocean. None of these are bad games, but they could mostly be done on other systems. I want to like the Wii more, but Nintendo doesn't push their unique abilities enough due to trying to make games accessible to everyone. Sometimes making things easy depletes the unique abilities you have.