What do YOU want to see changed or improved in the Pokemon handheld series?

• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wrecked69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 0

#1 Wrecked69
Member since 2008 • 869 Posts

I can think of a few off the top of my head:

1- Online improvement. Imagine having a system where friendcodes were just an optional choice, and matchmaking existed. Adds tons of play value to an already fun game to play online.

2- Pokemon movesets - Why are 4 moves the max? I think the ability to hold more abilities would allow more pokemon to be useful, and it would make the game alot less repetative/predictable. Even if this path is not taken, a bit more customization outside of 4 moves and 1 item equipped would be great.

3- Pokemon obtained in trades disobeying. Honestly, this needs to go. It only discourages trading prior to obtaining 8 badges, both with in game NPCs and friends. Its not a HUGE deal, but why is it still in the game?

4- Legendary pokemon battles - instead of being "how low can I get this creature and spend 1 hour throwing pokeballs at it" It should be a more impressive and enjoyable experience (not EASY, but not tedious). I want to think "WoW" and have a smile on my face after catching or defeating one, not thinking "finally" and being bored to death.

5- Allow us to change nicknames from pokemon obtained in trades, one nickname that may be special or fun to one person, may not be for another. At least the option to set it to its default name.

EDIT: Added:

6- Multiple "specs" for our movesets. Being able to swap between moveset 1, 2, 3, 4, etc for example, for each pokemon. That way, HM's wouldnt get in the way (just make 1 moveset containing junk moves or HMs that you need for out of battle), and you could try out different movesets without having to delete/relearn/swap moves all the time.

This would even be a safe addition, as it wouldnt really effect the metagame of pokemon, since nothing is being altered or added to moves or amount of moves usable during combat. I think it would be a really great addition.

These are just a few ways I think the pokemon formula could be improved. Let me know what you guys think about my ideas, and post some of your own as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#2 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Nothing.
BlackTragedy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 BlackTragedy
Member since 2009 • 1830 Posts

innovation = win

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#4 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

1- Online improvement. Imagine having a system where friendcodes were just an optional choice, and matchmaking existed. Adds tons of play value to an already fun game to play online.

2- Pokemon movesets - Why are 4 moves the max? I think the ability to hold more abilities would allow more pokemon to be useful, and it would make the game alot less repetative/predictable. Even if this path is not taken, a bit more customization outside of 4 moves and 1 item equipped would be great.

3- Pokemon obtained in trades disobeying. Honestly, this needs to go. It only discourages trading prior to obtaining 8 badges, both with in game NPCs and friends. Its not a HUGE deal, but why is it still in the game?

4- Legendary pokemon battles - instead of being "how low can I get this creature and spend 1 hour throwing pokeballs at it" It should be a more impressive and enjoyable experience (not EASY, but not tedious). I want to think "WoW" and have a smile on my face after catching or defeating one, not thinking "finally" and being bored to death.

5- Allow us to change nicknames from pokemon obtained in trades, one nickname that may be special or fun to one person, may not be for another. At least the option to set it to its default name.

These are just 5 ways I think the pokemon formula could be improved. Let me know what you guys think about my ideas, and post some of your own as well.

Wrecked69

1. Yes, I'd like to see this part of Pokemon to improve.

2. At least 5 moves instead of 4.

3. Because if you trade a legendary or a REALLY over powered pokemon to a someone that is just starting out, it kills the experience.

4. I don't know about you but there are other pokeballs such as the Great Ball and the Ultra Ball and really I find catching a Legendary VERY rewarding. Nothing to change here.

5. They solved this problem cause every pokemon game has a Name changer guy somewhere now. I honestly don't mind having the pokemon's name that another Trainer named. It just shows that the pokemon was owned by another trainer and not me.

Waffle_Fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 Waffle_Fish
Member since 2008 • 2074 Posts
After playing Soul Silver, I really dont have much to say. Other than it being a remake, it is the perfect Pokemon game 4 Moves are necessary to add strategy to the game, and traded pokemon disobeying you is to prevent friends from trading you a high lvl pkmn and having you plow through the game. Although I would like to see some changes, increased difficulty (or a hard mode), more epic legendary battles, more complex and different story situations (rather than just an evil organization wants to take control of pokemanz), matchmaking online,
MisterG333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MisterG333
Member since 2007 • 741 Posts

These are just 5 ways I think the pokemon formula could be improved. Let me know what you guys think about my ideas, and post some of your own as well.

Wrecked69

1- Agreed.

2- I think its fine as it is, 5 moves would be too much coverage. Plus, your oversimplying it. There is also natures, EVs, and IVs.

3. In certain cases, yes this is annoying but for the most part you deserve it if you are trying to rush through the game.

4. Making it easier would kind of ruin the specialty of the master ball i think

5. Agreed, so stupid they dont have this

My own:

1. Allow a shoddy battle- esque portion of the game for those who just want competitive battling. Completely separate from ingame.

2. Make EVs and IVs less hard to find and trace.

3. More puzzles please

Wrecked69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Wrecked69

[QUOTE="Wrecked69"]

MisterG333

1- Agreed.

2- I think its fine as it is, 5 moves would be too much coverage. Plus, your oversimplying it. There is also natures, EVs, and IVs.

3. In certain cases, yes this is annoying but for the most part you deserve it if you are trying to rush through the game.

4. Making it easier would kind of ruin the specialty of the master ball i think

5. Agreed, so stupid they dont have this

My own:

1. Allow a shoddy battle- esque portion of the game for those who just want competitive battling. Completely separate from ingame.

2. Make EVs and IVs less hard to find and trace.

3. More puzzles please

Making legendary battles more fun doesnt mean more easy.

I see the counter argument for the traded pokemon disobeying, so then maybe they could just alter badge rewards a bit. When my level 15 traded pokemon was disobeying me because I didnt have 2 badges (even though the levels were on par with the rest of my natural party), that was an issue. Again, it isnt HUGE, but thats a little snag that should be fixed already.

I really like your ideas too.

Wrecked69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Wrecked69

[QUOTE="Wrecked69"]

LegatoSkyheart

1. Yes, I'd like to see this part of Pokemon to improve.

2. At least 5 moves instead of 4.

3. Because if you trade a legendary or a REALLY over powered pokemon to a someone that is just starting out, it kills the experience.

4. I don't know about you but there are other pokeballs such as the Great Ball and the Ultra Ball and really I find catching a Legendary VERY rewarding. Nothing to change here.

5. They solved this problem cause every pokemon game has a Name changer guy somewhere now. I honestly don't mind having the pokemon's name that another Trainer named. It just shows that the pokemon was owned by another trainer and not me.

I use any and all types of pokeballs when catching legendaries. The catch rates are still insanely low, and I find myself spending 30 min to 1 hour per legendary unless im lucky. That amount of time really isnt necessary. Trust me im doing it right (1% hp, status ailment, etc. ) Maybe thats just my luck though...

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9 buft
Member since 2007 • 1793 Posts

the graphics need a serious overhaul i mean they look the same as they did on the original gba albeit some added colour, im not looking for a full on 3d game how about an anime look in keeping with the show?

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts

The changes/improvementsI want are:

1. Mabye a new type or two new types

2. Improved wi-fi

3. Better, more impresive, and fun Battle Frontier

Wrecked69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Wrecked69
Just had another thought - HM's need to be redesigned. I hate having to take a pokemon out of my party to grab 1 or 2 pokemon that I use solely for HM's. Sure, some of my main team may be able to learn the HM, but some HMs are just bad and even some necessary TMs like Defog and Flash, and you dont want to teach it to a main pokemon. IMO, make them usable through a pokemon without actually having to teach the pokemon the HM, have the ability for battle be optional, or something along these lines. Dont get me wrong, the pokemon formula is amazing and its a great game regardless, but there is always room for a little bit of tweaking and innovation.
Hegna1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Hegna1
Member since 2007 • 6118 Posts
1 - Though increased Wi-Fi capabilities would be nice, the DS is kind of restrickting here. 2 - No, just no. Allowing even one extra move just changes the whole game. You might think it's better, but the metagame just goes to hell when you give things like Salamence, gengar, and Latias just one more moveslot. All of sudden You're getting a lot more salamence who carry both D Meteor and Outrage, since they can still carry Dragon Dance, Earthquake, and Fire blast, and still have room for 2 STABS. Gengar now has room to carry both Explosion and HP fire, while keeping its perfect Coverage Shadow Ball + Focus Blast, and the useful Thunderbolt. Scarf Latias gets a more diversified set, now allowing it to carry D Meteor / D Pulse, Thunderbolt, Surf / Grass Knot, HP fire, and Trick. Stall also needs less specialized members, as each Pokemon now has the possibility to fill in one more role, while still keeping one actually damaging attack (not necessary, but usually recommended), and Rest Sleep talkers now get to carry 2 attacks for coverage. Get the idea yet? It sends a lot of the metagame to dust. 3 - It's not that hard to run through the game, and it's basically a trademark of the series. Just beat the first 8 gym leaders, it's pretty quick and not that hard. 4 - What misterG333 said. 5 - Nope, trading and battling with other players are the main points of the series. People should be allowed chose how their own pokemon will look / be when it's sent around. Now @ MisterG's 1st point (I like the other 2 personally) Part of Wi-Fi the intended experience for battling is trading with others to get stuff you want for your team. Then there's the time spent getting your Pokemon, and EV training it. It makes it easier to be proud of a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Pokemon you happened to stumble across. The need for any trade would kind of be ruined if they just had a "simulator" in-game that would get you any Pokemon you want, with any moveset you want, with your chosen EV spread and IVs. Making a separate component just changes the competitive experience IMO. I do agree that it would be nice if they made EVs / IVs easier to track though.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Just give me multiple save files and I'll be happy. I like to start new games often, but it always pains me to get rid of my cool Pokemon.

Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 Khadaj32
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

I want EVs/IVs easier to track and train. It's extremely dull as it is right now. I'd rather a special kind of 'gym' where you can train a Poke's EV's, instead of running around the wild, searching for specific encounters. Screw that, make it a fun minigame! I did enough training this gen for my OU team, and it made me sick of training lol, so my Ubers didn't get pumped.

Other than that, not too many things wrong with the formula. Would still love a Wii Pokemon game, perhaps following the story of the show in terms of characters (mostly) though starring different people. Nintendo would probably double their income if they did it right, heh.

Though one thing I would like is if the main character wasn't mute. It works for Link, and yes he says a few generic lines in a battle, but having an actual personality might provide a more immersive experience.

Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Khadaj32

Just give me multiple save files and I'll be happy. I like to start new games often, but it always pains me to get rid of my cool Pokemon.

yokofox33

That's a good point too, additional save slots wold be smexy.

IronstaunchB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 IronstaunchB
Member since 2008 • 160 Posts

No one here would like a better story?

Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Khadaj32

IronstaunchB

Not really. Not the Pokemon League part, anyways. If they turned Pokemon into a typical RPG adventure of saving the world from evil minions, it would probably flop. The Team (insert lame word here) sub story could use some innovation, though. Just like in the shows, it's become tiresome.

Wrecked69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Wrecked69

[QUOTE="IronstaunchB"]

Khadaj32

Not really. Not the Pokemon League part, anyways. If they turned Pokemon into a typical RPG adventure of saving the world from evil minions, it would probably flop. The Team (insert lame word here) sub story could use some innovation, though. Just like in the shows, it's become tiresome.

I agree. Just look at the Zelda series. The same plot ideas are there throughout, yet when you compare OoT and Windwaker, you see just how different the two games were, yet still working off the same formula. Same can be said for the FF series too (compare FF7 with FF4 for example). People dont have to be so clingy to traditional settings in their game series, innovation can be a great surprise. A Pokemon game 5000 years in the future, could still be a fantastic pokemon game without straying from the formula or traditional plot elements, but providing a refreshingly new world for pokemon fans to enjoy. People who say "Nothing" should be changed in Pokemon games certainly have lazy imaginations.
X-Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 X-Remnant
Member since 2008 • 781 Posts

I want to be able to edit my in game and online script at any time. They did something similar in PBR but I want it implemented in the real games.

Instead of "PPPPPPPPPP, go!" or whatever stock phrase they use, we could write our own. "Do your best, PPPPPPPPPP!", etc.

I'd also like to be able to select from one of the trainer types when I go online. Like my online player could be a lass, or a cool trainer, or anything I want really. That would make themed teams much more fun, and you wouldn't always be battling your clone.

Wrecked69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Wrecked69

I want to be able to edit my in game and online script at any time. They did something similar in PBR but I want it implemented in the real games.

Instead of "PPPPPPPPPP, go!" or whatever stock phrase they use, we could write our own. "Do your best, PPPPPPPPPP!", etc.

I'd also like to be able to select from one of the trainer types when I go online. Like my online player could be a lass, or a cool trainer, or anything I want really. That would make themed teams much more fun, and you wouldn't always be battling your clone.

X-Remnant
That would be really cool. I could take it one step farther and suggest maybe even some voice recognition, like for selecting moves or something else. The DS does have a mic, and some games have begun to experiment with its usage. Perhaps it is not advanced enough atm, but it could definitely be a future possibility. Voice recognition software is quite advanced nowadays.
Signor_Biggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Signor_Biggles
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="X-Remnant"]

Wrecked69
That would be really cool. I could take it one step farther and suggest maybe even some voice recognition, like for selecting moves or something else. The DS does have a mic, and some games have begun to experiment with its usage. Perhaps it is not advanced enough atm, but it could definitely be a future possibility. Voice recognition software is quite advanced nowadays.

Voice recognition would be a great idea for selecting moves, but it would have to be optional, which probably means it wouldn't be used that much... It's like in the Ace Attorney games: You COULD hold Y and shout "OBJECTION!" at your DS every time you want to present something, but what's the point when a single press of the X button will have the same effect? A change that I really want to see (Aside from having multiple save files. Seriously, why has that STILL not been put in!?) is having your pokemon's cries sound different depending on HP level, status effects etc. They kind of did this in, I think, the GBA games, where the pokemon let out much lower-pitched cries when they faint, but wouldn't it be cool to be able to tell things about a pokemon, such as whether it's been poisoned, or how much it likes its trainer, from the cry alone? I dunno...
nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
Massive. Multiplayer. Online. That's ALL it needs really.
BattleTurtles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BattleTurtles
Member since 2009 • 2406 Posts

1. Make Nidoking the Pokémon mascot instead of Pikachu

gubrushadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 gubrushadow
Member since 2009 • 2735 Posts
graphics , more pokemon , long story ,etc...
Avatar image for blazingneo32089
blazingneo32089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 blazingneo32089
Member since 2009 • 630 Posts
I don't want to go through some silly event or do something that may take me years just to capture every pokemon. Ever since the R/S/E games, I have given up trying to capture every pokemon. Its getting ridiculous to me.
merch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#26 merch
Member since 2005 • 4235 Posts

i just want to use 6 moves lol and hm's to stop taking a slot :P u always have to have a slave pokemon in ur party to just give them cut/surf/rocksmash/strength etc lol

Hiro4523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Hiro4523
Member since 2009 • 141 Posts
A hell of a lot more innovation in the next storyline. Every time it's the same get 8 badges, foil team (whatever), and beat the pokemon league. They should really switch it up like having team (whatever) actually beat you and take your pokemon. Then you have to infiltrate team (whatever) get your own team (whatever)esque pokemon and raise it until you ultimately regain your old team keeping your new pokemon. Or at least switch up the pokemon league and do some sort of randomly generated trainer tournament beforehand to qualify.
Jimmi323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 Jimmi323
Member since 2006 • 870 Posts

i just want to use 6 moves lol and hm's to stop taking a slot :P u always have to have a slave pokemon in ur party to just give them cut/surf/rocksmash/strength etc lol

merch
Toss Surf on a good water Pokemon and it's actually a legitimate move, more so than the other HMs anyway. Anyhow, I'm with nintendo-4life, all I need is an MMO. Good god that would be epic.
jaredcsimpson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jaredcsimpson
Member since 2009 • 415 Posts

DON'T FIX WHAT ISN'T BROKEN.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

What would I change?Pretty much everything.

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
Just put in a decent story for once. Keep the basic structure by all means, but the series' plots are starting to become boring.
cow_whisperer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 cow_whisperer
Member since 2007 • 133 Posts

being able to walk in more than 4 directions.

sonictrainer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33 sonictrainer
Member since 2008 • 15187 Posts

Personal Character Customization

wiretoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 wiretoss
Member since 2006 • 3030 Posts

I've always wanted the following: A team of maybe 3 or 4 PEOPLE characters that join you on your adventure. Each of those people can carry 6 Pokémon. So that way.. you can have like... more intense battles. 3 trainers vs 3 trainers or 3 wild pokemon would be pretty cool.

TSNAKE617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TSNAKE617
Member since 2008 • 5494 Posts

I want some branching evolution/skill trees and more useful permanent skills. (Like douple PP), then I would have to do more than just pick the strongest moves/buffs.

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#36 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts

It would be cool if they let you make your own Pokemon. Although that would never happen.

Wrecked69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Wrecked69

I want some branching evolution/skill trees and more useful permanent skills. (Like douple PP), then I would have to do more than just pick the strongest moves/buffs.

TSNAKE617
I think talent trees for each individual pokemon would be really interesting. I could see the possibilities already. Maybe at the very least, we could get multiple "specs" for our movesets? Being able to swap between moveset 1, 2, 3, 4, etc for example, for each pokemon. That way, HM's wouldnt get in the way (just make 1 moveset containing junk moves or HMs that you need for out of battle), and you could try out different movesets without having to delete/relearn/swap moves all the time, and it really let you get the most out of your pokemon without the hassles of retraining. This would even be a safe addition, as it wouldnt really effect the metagame of pokemon, since nothing is being altered or added to moves or amount of moves usable during combat. I think it would be a really great addition.
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#38 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
Multiple save files.
SlainWeasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SlainWeasel
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I am very hesitant to say that they should make any drastic changes. I really enjoy the style of the game now and really everything about it. They could make changes like people have been suggesting, that is to say, character customization, changes to the typical story, and others, but I wouldn't want the game to change too much.

However, I would be up for as many drastic changes they wanted to make in a "spin-off" game as long as the main series remained mainly unaltered. I am imagining a game where you can walk around an open world and seeing Pokemon in the environment. From there you can battle and catch them in real time, where your Pokemon help to explore the world.

In the main series I would like to see some visual way of making your Pokemon more personal. Kind of like fashion accessories, but ones that they wore at all times, like in their stats page picture.

Tbro13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Tbro13
Member since 2007 • 109 Posts

Multiple saves, matchmaking, more interesting story and having a party of traniners. Also NO HMs execpt surf, and Fly also going to all the regions in one game.

xXDante666Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 xXDante666Xx
Member since 2004 • 3102 Posts

I think with the next handheld system we should get a remastered pokemon game. Now now...listen here. With the next gen of handhelds we will be getting graphics on par with the gamecube. Now, think of this...totally destroy the old battle system!

Now that is a strong accusation Dante! You on these boards say. But here is my idea.

When in a battle you have your 6 pokeballs strewn across the bottom screen. Which with the touchscreen you then pick which pokemon you wish to send out. Then BLAM that pokemon gets sent out. NOW here is where things really get interesting.

Instead of the turn based style of RPG play this game will take a more hands on approach. Your pokemon will be sent into a 3d arena with the other pokemon, as well as elements of the battlefield effecting them. You will be able to then move around the battlefield and use your move set along with strategic placement of your pokemon on the battlefield to do extra damage.

If The World Ends With You has taught me anything it is that multitasking while playing the game is not all that difficult. Not to mention, they could add a feature that could then "lock" in the pokemon to move around on their own free will for less experienced players or people who would rather play something similar to the current generation.

With this advancement play could become much more hands on, your pokemon's speed, attack, defense, would become much more personal, and your pokemon wouldn't necessarily be just another name, but a personality you are familiar with. Along with better graphics for a pokemon title, and a fresh new perspective on the franchise. :)

Thoughts?

Wrecked69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Wrecked69

I think with the next handheld system we should get a remastered pokemon game. Now now...listen here. With the next gen of handhelds we will be getting graphics on par with the gamecube. Now, think of this...totally destroy the old battle system!

Now that is a strong accusation Dante! You on these boards say. But here is my idea.

When in a battle you have your 6 pokeballs strewn across the bottom screen. Which with the touchscreen you then pick which pokemon you wish to send out. Then BLAM that pokemon gets sent out. NOW here is where things really get interesting.

Instead of the turn based style of RPG play this game will take a more hands on approach. Your pokemon will be sent into a 3d arena with the other pokemon, as well as elements of the battlefield effecting them. You will be able to then move around the battlefield and use your move set along with strategic placement of your pokemon on the battlefield to do extra damage.

If The World Ends With You has taught me anything it is that multitasking while playing the game is not all that difficult. Not to mention, they could add a feature that could then "lock" in the pokemon to move around on their own free will for less experienced players or people who would rather play something similar to the current generation.

With this advancement play could become much more hands on, your pokemon's speed, attack, defense, would become much more personal, and your pokemon wouldn't necessarily be just another name, but a personality you are familiar with. Along with better graphics for a pokemon title, and a fresh new perspective on the franchise. :)

Thoughts?

xXDante666Xx
These would be good changes for the unpopular battle revolution/stadium series that has been around since the N64. I dont think the handheld version needs that big of an overhaul, just a few tweaks or additions to make it alot smoother. If we ever had anything like you say on the handheld, it would probably be battle revolution DS, or whatever the name of the next system will be. I really would like to see something like this, but it doesnt have to overtake the handheld series.
Avatar image for Tezcatlipoca666
Tezcatlipoca666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Tezcatlipoca666
Member since 2006 • 7241 Posts

Wrecked69

1. Completely agree.

2. I think keeping four moves is the best option for now.

3. Agree.

4. I agree again. Catching those Pokemon is really tedious. It's even hard because you can simply save and restart until you catch them. It's just absurdly long.

5. I like that idea.

My own:

1. 2 save slots

2. turbo mode. This makes all battles super streamlined. No text explaining everything going on all the time and super fast combat. I don't need to be told EVERYTHING that's going on!

3. Allow us to teach HM's as out of battle abilities. Basically the pokemon learns an HM (let's say Cut) yet it doesn't take up one of four slots and can't be used in battle.

xylophagous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 xylophagous
Member since 2008 • 295 Posts

I'd like to see either vastly improved difficutly levels, on par with Etrian Odyssey, or a choice of difficulty levels. Now, EO, that is a hard game. No more blasting through the game with one or 2 super pokemon.

Hegna1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Hegna1

Thoughts?

xXDante666Xx
Spin-off game only. The current formula works. Switching the game like that completely changes the formula. There are tons of people who play this competitively because of the formula. Switching the main game loses all those players. It really only appeals to the players who don't play the game to its full depth. I know I would always rank such a game below the normal Pokemon games.
Picafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Picafan
Member since 2009 • 59 Posts
I would like to see more Pokemon and shares but also difficult because of Pokemon today and very easy to win battles in the gym and also the elite 4 battles, and also more pokemons.
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

I know I would always rank such a game below the normal Pokemon games.Hegna1

If the quality of the game is good,chances are,I'd probably like it more than the normal Pokemon games.

B1kmatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#49 B1kmatt
Member since 2007 • 993 Posts

Yeah I do like the current formula I grew up with it, but I think they should make a spin off I actually want to play because I really did not like the mystery dungeons and the ranger games. They should try making a strategy RPG or action RPG Pokemon game with a different story.

Hegna1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Hegna1

If the quality of the game is good,chances are,I'd probably like it more than the normal Pokemon games.

VGobbsesser
I guess I might, but I do enjoy the current battling formula quite a bit, and I doubt it will be beaten in my eyes by a real time Pokemon game. I could be wrong, and a better real-time game could be made, but it would take a heck of a lot for me to actually prefer the real time game.
I would like to see more Pokemon and shares but also difficult because of Pokemon today and very easy to win battles in the gym and also the elite 4 battles, and also more pokemons.Picafan
Battle other players if the in-game stuff is too easy.