What 1st party game would MAKE you buy a DSi?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

lets say nintendo announces a great traditional franchise IP for DSi enhanced retail game, or DSiware, but its your favorite IP?

it uses everything possibly at the DSi's disposal. it works out wonderfully, everything you ever wanted, theoritically. what title would it have to be to make you buy a DSi?

(though i already have my Blue DSi, i'd love to see a Pikmin DS, Smash Bros, or New Super Mario Bros 2 for the sake of seeing them)

plz, if no game would make you put out the $169.99, then say that. don't say it will or won't happen, its a theoritical situation

just say if theres a IP that if made to all of your desires, would make you, a non-DSi owner fork over the dough for the game and the console

flippin_flames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 flippin_flames
Member since 2008 • 348 Posts

even though i already have one, id say an exlusive zelda would be awesome

jimbokong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jimbokong
Member since 2008 • 260 Posts

a new metroid where you can use the camera to scan things in real life to unlock stuff would be pretty cool

halofanatic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 halofanatic12
Member since 2008 • 655 Posts

i already have one but id love to see

super smash bros, new super mario bros 2, and a pokemon game (with a significant change from diamond pearl and platinum)

Me2nice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Me2nice
Member since 2008 • 459 Posts

a new metroid where you can use the camera to scan things in real life to unlock stuff would be pretty cool

jimbokong
Awesome idea! (better patent it) No game would make me buy a DSi; I'd only buy one if A. My DS Lite broke and B. if I had the money at the time. With said, if Nintendo made an Advance Wars that had "Everything", I'd MAYBE want to buy the DSi.
IOW_Stealth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 IOW_Stealth
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Possibly GTa Chinatown wars just because everyone says it is so good id like to try it, or maybe the new zelda when its out. the perfect game for me though would be a sequel to dementium the ward and they fix all the bad ponts and add a coop mode.
awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

flippin_flames

First post answered it for me already...

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 riariases
Member since 2007 • 2335 Posts
[QUOTE="awssk8er716"]

[QUOTE="flippin_flames"]

Same here. The extra ram and processors could make for bigger worlds, because frankly it would take too long to load a massive landscape on the original DS and DS Lite. And throw in some giant bosses and possibly more content for cutscenes and so on(if the rumour about the DSi Exclusive GameCards being more than 256mb are true). Then maybe make a mask item where you can take a picture of your face and post it on. And maybe for a multiplayer game, the outter camera uses a motion sensing where you seek out and shoot the other player with arrows. Whoa, that would be pretty good for any FPS. Who knows what could happen with a DSi Exclusive game.
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 darth-pyschosis

[QUOTE="awssk8er716"]

[QUOTE="flippin_flames"]

riariases

Same here. The extra ram and processors could make for bigger worlds, because frankly it would take too long to load a massive landscape on the original DS and DS Lite. And throw in some giant bosses and possibly more content for cutscenes and so on(if the rumour about the DSi Exclusive GameCards being more than 256mb are true). Then maybe make a mask item where you can take a picture of your face and post it on. And maybe for a multiplayer game, the outter camera uses a motion sensing where you seek out and shoot the other player with arrows. Whoa, that would be pretty good for any FPS. Who knows what could happen with a DSi Exclusive game.

i really want the game cards to be at least 1GB, flash memory is cheap now a days

or they could use SD cards, but nintendo does hate piracy

Avatar image for freakbabyblues-
freakbabyblues-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 freakbabyblues-
Member since 2009 • 665 Posts

[QUOTE="riariases"][QUOTE="awssk8er716"]

darth-pyschosis

i really want the game cards to be at least 1GB, flash memory is cheap now a days

Well, there's only one reason the DSi would need a 1GB card- A long game with a wide variety of uncompressed sounds such as SFX and BGMs. Maybe a bunch of detailed backdrops, if it's a game like Suikoden Tierkreis.
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 darth-pyschosis

[QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"]

[QUOTE="riariases"] Same here. The extra ram and processors could make for bigger worlds, because frankly it would take too long to load a massive landscape on the original DS and DS Lite. And throw in some giant bosses and possibly more content for cutscenes and so on(if the rumour about the DSi Exclusive GameCards being more than 256mb are true). Then maybe make a mask item where you can take a picture of your face and post it on. And maybe for a multiplayer game, the outter camera uses a motion sensing where you seek out and shoot the other player with arrows. Whoa, that would be pretty good for any FPS. Who knows what could happen with a DSi Exclusive game.freakbabyblues-

Well, there's only one reason the DSi would need a 1GB card- A long game with a wide variety of uncompressed sounds such as SFX and BGMs. Maybe a bunch of detailed backdrops, if it's a game like Suikoden Tierkreis.

dont make me drool,.... too late

h_graves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 h_graves
Member since 2005 • 210 Posts

Two words: Golden Sun

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 darth-pyschosis

Two words: Golden Sun

h_graves

i'd love a 3D golden sun

aww man i'm drooling again! (2D would be good too, just think 3D would be nice to look at)

IOW_Stealth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 IOW_Stealth
the dsi wont have 1gb game cards, purely because the psp's umds are 1.8gb and they are fairly big, whereas the ds has small cartridges, and also the ol ds lites cartidges could be 32mb max i think, not fully sure about this but because the dsi has 4 times the RAM 16 instead of 4, i reckon they will be about 128mb carts. but thas just a personal opinions
JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts

NSMB2

darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 darth-pyschosis

the dsi wont have 1gb game cards, purely because the psp's umds are 1.8gb and they are fairly big, whereas the ds has small cartridges, and also the ol ds lites cartidges could be 32mb max i think, not fully sure about this but because the dsi has 4 times the RAM 16 instead of 4, i reckon they will be about 128mb carts. but thas just a personal opinionsIOW_Stealth

let me point out the wrongs: DS standard game card at launch in 04 was 64MB, GBA used 32MB cards at most. now there are many DS games that use 128MB, some that use 256MB game cards.

what does PSP have to do with any of this? flash memory is small, and cheap. 1-2GB cost so very little nowadays even 4-8GB flash memory is near $20.

they could make the games 4GB on normal DS game cards right now and they wouldn't increase in size. have you seen a SDHC card? they are much smaller than any DS game card, they could proably put 32GB in there, size of game card shouldn't be an issue, and like i said they could put the games on the SD slot, it isn't super likely, but its out there.

i sincerely hope DSi game cards are at least 512MB, and also, yes i'd love a DSi New Super Mario Bros 2

also, to help sell the DSi to consumers, i think we all know Nintendo would need a new Brain Age and Nintendogs to sell it to casuals, so i'm 100% behind it if it means more sales, and more potential for better long term investment by developers for making exclusive DSi games that use verything the console has at its disposal

Scientist8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#17 Scientist8
Member since 2007 • 165 Posts
I'm a sucker for anything Zelda
meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#18 meiaman
Member since 2006 • 3300 Posts
the dsi wont have 1gb game cards, purely because the psp's umds are 1.8gb and they are fairly big, whereas the ds has small cartridges, and also the ol ds lites cartidges could be 32mb max i think, not fully sure about this but because the dsi has 4 times the RAM 16 instead of 4, i reckon they will be about 128mb carts. but thas just a personal opinionsIOW_Stealth
Lol, thats wrong. The max that the old DS lite cards can be are 256 MB (suikoden tiekreis and ASH are the only ones that uses those for now). A lot of good DS games use 128 MB cards, through. And yeah... PSP has nothing to do with this... just because your rival is that why you can`t be? And comments like these are to be kept at system wars.
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 darth-pyschosis

[QUOTE="IOW_Stealth"]the dsi wont have 1gb game cards, purely because the psp's umds are 1.8gb and they are fairly big, whereas the ds has small cartridges, and also the ol ds lites cartidges could be 32mb max i think, not fully sure about this but because the dsi has 4 times the RAM 16 instead of 4, i reckon they will be about 128mb carts. but thas just a personal opinionsmeiaman
Lol, thats wrong. The max that the old DS lite cards can be are 256 MB (suikoden tiekreis and ASH are the only ones that uses those for now). A lot of good DS games use 128 MB cards, through. And yeah... PSP has nothing to do with this... just because your rival is that why you can`t be? And comments like these are to be kept at system wars.

you are right on all acounts

lewisg1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 lewisg1212
Member since 2005 • 1698 Posts
ok i have a 4gb flas frist about 1/4 the size of a UMD optical is completely different to flash
altenter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#21 altenter
Member since 2003 • 409 Posts

the new zelda coming outforth quarter this year

viva_hate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 viva_hate
Member since 2009 • 2414 Posts

A decent Warioware. I've seen videos of Snapped, and it's pretty much the missed opportunity of the year...

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 riariases

[QUOTE="h_graves"]

i'd love a 3D golden sun

aww man i'm drooling again! (2D would be good too, just think 3D would be nice to look at)

Golden Sun: The Lost Age was my first real RPG. It still, to this day, has my favorite story out of all games I have ever played... except Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles for NGC.

[QUOTE="IOW_Stealth"]the dsi wont have 1gb game cards, purely because the psp's umds are 1.8gb and they are fairly big, whereas the ds has small cartridges, and also the ol ds lites cartidges could be 32mb max i think, not fully sure about this but because the dsi has 4 times the RAM 16 instead of 4, i reckon they will be about 128mb carts. but thas just a personal opinionsdarth-pyschosis

let me point out the wrongs: DS standard game card at launch in 04 was 64MB, GBA used 32MB cards at most. now there are many DS games that use 128MB, some that use 256MB game cards.

what does PSP have to do with any of this? flash memory is small, and cheap. 1-2GB cost so very little nowadays even 4-8GB flash memory is near $20.

they could make the games 4GB on normal DS game cards right now and they wouldn't increase in size. have you seen a SDHC card? they are much smaller than any DS game card, they could proably put 32GB in there, size of game card shouldn't be an issue, and like i said they could put the games on the SD slot, it isn't super likely, but its out there.

i sincerely hope DSi game cards are at least 512MB, and also, yes i'd love a DSi New Super Mario Bros 2

also, to help sell the DSi to consumers, i think we all know Nintendo would need a new Brain Age and Nintendogs to sell it to casuals, so i'm 100% behind it if it means more sales, and more potential for better long term investment by developers for making exclusive DSi games that use verything the console has at its disposal

I think we can already assume atleast 512mb. Right now, at this day and age, a 256mb SD Card is literally not being sold because of barely any profit margins. Same with 512mb SD Cards. Thats how cheap they are. And since 1gb SD Cards are only $5.00 at most stores, which is one half the price 256mb SD Cards use to be when the original DS came out, that means we could be looking at even 1gb SD Cards.
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 darth-pyschosis

[QUOTE="h_graves"] Golden Sun: The Lost Age was my first real RPG. It still, to this day, has my favorite story out of all games I have ever played... except Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles for NGC. [QUOTE="darth-pyschosis"]

[QUOTE="IOW_Stealth"]the dsi wont have 1gb game cards, purely because the psp's umds are 1.8gb and they are fairly big, whereas the ds has small cartridges, and also the ol ds lites cartidges could be 32mb max i think, not fully sure about this but because the dsi has 4 times the RAM 16 instead of 4, i reckon they will be about 128mb carts. but thas just a personal opinionsriariases

I think we can already assume atleast 512mb. Right now, at this day and age, a 256mb SD Card is literally not being sold because of barely any profit margins. Same with 512mb SD Cards. Thats how cheap they are. And since 1gb SD Cards are only $5.00 at most stores, which is one half the price 256mb SD Cards use to be when the original DS came out, that means we could be looking at even 1gb SD Cards.

i hope you are right

Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#25 Yoweeh
Member since 2008 • 3025 Posts

I already have mine. :)

A 5th Professor Layton. That won't happen since it ended at 4 and all.

A real Zelda with no-way-this-is-DS graphics. We know that won't happen though.

And no more toon Link. He's cute but I need something manly for it to be a game that would make me say "That was worth every cent."

meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#26 meiaman
Member since 2006 • 3300 Posts

And no more toon Link. He's cute but I need something manly for it to be a game that would make me say "That was worth every cent."

Yoweeh
Haha, no-way-this-is-a-ds graphics eh? To tell the truth its possible, the question is if Ninty will move the resources to actually make it. Graphics aren`t Nintendo main sale point.
riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 riariases
[QUOTE="meiaman"][QUOTE="Yoweeh"]

Haha, no-way-this-is-a-ds graphics eh? To tell the truth its possible, the question is if Ninty will move the resources to actually make it. Graphics aren`t Nintendo main sale point.

"Ahh, to hell with graphics." I'm sure some Nintendo Dev's have said that before. I kinda agree in some ways. Visuals don't really affect how much fun you have in the game to a high point. Yeah they're nice though. I've probably said this like a million times but when you look at Dragon Quest: Monsters graphics for the DS, you realize how lazy every other Game Dev. besides Square-Enix has potentially been. I would like to see Zelda take advantage of those kinds of visuals. It would possibly have to be a DSi exclusive though because real-time battle systems like Zelda uses alot more ram and cpu processor than the term-based battle system DQM uses. And to create a game like Zelda, where the world is massive and highly detailed, 256mb wouldn't cut it. So if we get that 512mb, there shold be no problem.
Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Already have one, but I would like to see a2d star fox shooter game kinda like gun star heroes and the arwing levels would be like those 2d space shooter games.

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
I have to say that New Super Mario Bros 2 would be wonderful.
IOW_Stealth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 IOW_Stealth

[QUOTE="meiaman"][QUOTE="IOW_Stealth"]the dsi wont have 1gb game cards, purely because the psp's umds are 1.8gb and they are fairly big, whereas the ds has small cartridges, and also the ol ds lites cartidges could be 32mb max i think, not fully sure about this but because the dsi has 4 times the RAM 16 instead of 4, i reckon they will be about 128mb carts. but thas just a personal opinionsdarth-pyschosis

you are right on all acounts

PSP has nothing to do with this... just because your rival is that why you can't be? And comments like these are to be kept at system wars that does not nmake sense"just because yuor rival is that why you cant be??" and why should that be in system wars? i wasnt saying psp was better i was using the size of the UMDs as an example. but you were righ about the size f the game carts that was what i thought they were but i was wrong.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

I already have one but I would say Sin & Punishment DS, F-Zero DS, and Paper Mario DS (Not a remake but a brand new Paper Mario game)

soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

None of them. I've never really been interested in first party nintendo games with the exception of Pokemon and some Mario games but even then I wouldn't purchase a new system just for those games.

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#33 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

I think if there was a new Pokemon game (as in the next generation) or a new Fire Emblem (not a remake, unless it's Thracia 776).

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#34 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

Just give me New Super Mario Bros 2 and I will buy 1 million DSi's!!!

And also new Pokemon.

Avatar image for Batman_Vengence
Batman_Vengence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Batman_Vengence
Member since 2007 • 162 Posts

I'd absolutely love to see a remake of Legend of Zelda:Ocoraina of Time on the DS...

trx1961

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 trx1961
Member since 2009 • 280 Posts
phantasy star 0 and space invers:extreme 2 but only if they both came with the system
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 darth-pyschosis

phantasy star 0 and space invers:extreme 2 but only if they both came with the systemtrx1961

please read the title again