Was Anyone Bored With Metroid Prime 3?

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheBeast789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 TheBeast789
Member since 2008 • 1414 Posts

topic,

i just wanted to know because my bro couldn't play it because he got bored to the extent that it was a chore playing the game, me however, i love the game, but i hated TP and my bro loved the game....is anyone like me? or like my brother??

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
Of course not. Metroid Prime 3 is amazing.
clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 clicketyclick
Member since 2008 • 7136 Posts

Collecting the tear drop things as a wolf in TP was a chore. I enjoyed the Twilight Realm wolf part (escaping from the cell and clambering around the castle) but not the repetitive tear collection. It really picked up after that though.

Some people who are into modern FPS find that MP3 slows down after the first chapter (when the ship is attacked and you've got to get the generators online again) when you are finally allowed to zoom off to a planet and just explore on your own, because that's sort of the transition from FPS gaming to FPA gaming.

I personally prefer FPA to FPS, so I enjoyed the game much more after the first chapter, which I didn't feel much interest in and it took me a number of months to get through it. After that, I was addicted to playing MP3 and finished the game up quite fast.

SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts

topic,

i just wanted to know because my bro couldn't play it because he got bored to the extent that it was a chore playing the game, me however, i love the game, but i hated TP and my bro loved the game....is anyone like me? or like my brother??

TheBeast789
Why should anyone be bored of Metroid Prime 3 it is amazing.
Fawlcon_Pawnch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Fawlcon_Pawnch
Member since 2008 • 1651 Posts

topic,

TheBeast789

Metroid games arent for everyone.

Xraydon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Xraydon
Member since 2005 • 1227 Posts
I beat them both and thought they were both amazing.
jacobs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jacobs06
Member since 2007 • 498 Posts
I have the game and it's still on my to do list. I've gotten up to the 2nd or 3rd world and stopped.
KingBowser91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KingBowser91
Member since 2007 • 2638 Posts
No way it was the game that sucked me into the Metroid Universe and now I have all the Metroid games and they are all amazing!
Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

I was somewhat bored with it to be honest. I liked the game don't get me wrong, but I honestly think Retro/Nintendo could've done better with the game. I never even finished it, and I made it to the final boss.

The controls set standards which no one could be mad about, but I just felt the game felt stale in comparison to when first playing MP.

I think the next game should be held off until the next console, and go back to it's roots. I can't wait to see the enviroments of the next game in HD! man, it will be breath taking.

Marka1700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Marka1700
Member since 2003 • 7500 Posts
I don't like how thye broke up the worlds. It was much better when it was one large connect up world such as in Prime 1 and 2 and most other metriod games.
KingBowser91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KingBowser91
Member since 2007 • 2638 Posts

I don't like how thye broke up the worlds. It was much better when it was one large connect up world such as in Prime 1 and 2 and most other metriod games.Marka1700

That was the only problem I had with MP3.

the point of Metroid is getting lost IMO.

Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

[QUOTE="Marka1700"]I don't like how thye broke up the worlds. It was much better when it was one large connect up world such as in Prime 1 and 2 and most other metriod games.KingBowser91

I agree completely...

That's why I wish they would leave the series alone until the next console and have it similiar to MP1 with HD graphics. MMMMMhmmmmm

webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts

[QUOTE="Marka1700"]I don't like how thye broke up the worlds. It was much better when it was one large connect up world such as in Prime 1 and 2 and most other metriod games.KingBowser91

yeah i didn't like that either but it wasn't my only problem with the game i didn't like u couldn't switch weapons and the final boss was absolute crap

m00cherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 m00cherman
Member since 2008 • 86 Posts
TP has boring parts, but overall it's pretty good. I dunno about MP3; I started playing it after I got stuck on guitar hero 3, but then I got Brawl for my birthday and stopped plaing MP3. From what I played it was awesome. The biggest downside is it doesn't have a multiplayer mode.
Fawlcon_Pawnch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Fawlcon_Pawnch

I really like how each Metroid is slightly different:

- The first was really the Metroid experience in 3D

- The second was more slow and exhausting, with the dark/light theme going on

- The third was more action packed and cinematic

I'm happy they made it this way, each one has its own flavour. Like the Alien movies: Alien=Metroid , Aliens=Metroid 3 Corruption, and er...i dunno about echoes lol

slimdave21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 slimdave21
Member since 2003 • 2646 Posts

topic,

TheBeast789

I actually enjoyed Metroid Prime 3 more then Twilight Princess but have completed them both.

Wait a sec... I liked Metroid Prime more then Wind Waker aswell! :shock:

fmacraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 fmacraze
Member since 2007 • 5658 Posts
Never played TP (hope to, though), but MP3 was fantastic. Personally, I prefered battles and stuff over adventuring and stuff, but that's just me. Maybe your brother just likes battles more than adventuring, like me, but he finds adventuring boring, unlike me.
SoldatKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SoldatKnight
Member since 2004 • 1557 Posts
I liked Prime 3 more then Zelda TP. I see both of them as good games that are a step down from earlier games in their series.
Chojuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Chojuto
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
Hm that's strange. I thought the type of person who would like Twilight Princess would also like Metroid Prime. lol. I like both of them though.
starmetroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 starmetroid
Member since 2007 • 5000 Posts
I've beaten MP3 4 times 100%, I started a 2nd file on Zelda and got bored.
sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

Of course not. Metroid Prime 3 is amazing.Rocky32189

One of my favorite games ever.

tommy--F

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tommy--F
Member since 2008 • 502 Posts

Different people have different tastes, simple as that.

I personally love Metroid but I can easily see that it wouldn't be everybody's cup of tea.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 123625
Member since 2006 • 9035 Posts
It didn't have enough for me, I played it through but havn't touched it since.
manicfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24 manicfoot
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts
I didn't like it at first but around half-way through something gripped me and I got so hooked I spend around 6 hours trying to solve one puzzle (I have problems with thinking logically :P) and now I'm playing it on hyper mode. As people have said - Metroid games aren't for everyone. But for people who like exploring and learning about everything they see its an amazing experience.
daniel_br

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 daniel_br
Member since 2007 • 121 Posts
Never, Prime series ftw. :D
thebisonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 thebisonx
Member since 2003 • 2203 Posts
Bored? Not a chance! Metroid Prime 3 is still one of my favourite Wii experiences.
da_chub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27 da_chub
Member since 2007 • 3140 Posts

Sadly, there are more mindless FPS games that take no skill other then killing someone to beat then games like Metriod, which isnt a FPS. But people think it is, so they get bored with it. Personally, i got stuck and mad and stopped playing for a month, but I have replayed this game 5 times since then, it is amazing. My fav of the series, mostly cause of the controls.

and before anyone says, i know they remakin the others and i am not happy with that. i would rather see a new game, instead of remakes.

raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#28 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
I will admit I'm sick of scanning things. Like really, can't she upgrade that visor of hers to do background scanning while she's running around? Other than that though, it is a great game.
Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
Not me, I loved both games.
DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

I was bored the first time I tried to play through the game. The problem is that there are so many options that I think I was playing it wrong. First of all the normal mode was way too easy, I now know that for now on I will play a game games on the most difficult option available the first time a play it. Also, I was using the B button to shoot, which was also undesirable for me, it made it harder to aim. So I put the game on the shelf and tried it again a year later.

The second time I gave it try, I put it on hard and used the a button as the trigger and it has become one of my favorite games. Just a few adjustment of the options can make or break this game.

Tri-Enforcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Tri-Enforcer
Member since 2007 • 1899 Posts
I think MP3 is the best game on the Wii. I would've loved it more if it were longer! I can't wait until the next Metroid--whatever format it may be.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I got bored of it in about a week

It failed to do the two things the game focused on. As a first person shooter it's great to control and shoot at things but the lack of bad guys and the completely stupid 2002 AI spoils the fun you could have. On the other side of that you have the searching and exploration which gets boring because it's wash repeat until the end of the game.

The exploration and discovery aspects are where the game just falls flat.

You feel more like a clerk at the DMV (that's department of motor vehicles for those in states and countries without motorcars) sitting behind a counter doing the mundane work of checking in each carand truck that needs registration.

It's the best first person shooter on the Wii no question and will stay that way until Nintendo decides to make another but it's not an enjoyable one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
Great game.Plan on doing a real speed run of it in a little while.
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts

It's essentially the same thing except tha instead of elevators, we have the ship. They could've had elevators in MP3 instead of the ship, called it all one world, and we wouldn't know the difference. The ship made those elevator scenes better if you ask me.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

I got bored of it in about a week

It failed to do the two things the game focused on. As a first person shooter it's great to control and shoot at things but the lack of bad guys and the completely stupid 2002 AI spoils the fun you could have. On the other side of that you have the searching and exploration which gets boring because it's wash repeat until the end of the game.

1.) There were a ton of enemies, if you played the game for more than 5 minutes you would find intervals where it was just wave after wave. Heck, some "mini" boss battles were epic as hell as ships flew in with non-stop enemies.

The exploration and discovery aspects are where the game just falls flat.

2.) Honestly, what is your reasoning for that? There were a ton of tunnels, invisible walls, portals. Trying to think logically to what the next step would be. Using your ship in the appropriate situation. Name a game please, that does exploring that much better.

You feel more like a clerk at the DMV (that's department of motor vehicles for those in states and countries without motorcars) sitting behind a counter doing the mundane work of checking in each carand truck that needs registration.

3.) I'm assuming you're talking about the scanning. The most unique thing about Metroid Prime. It's interesting using the scanner to hint at what item you might need, or the history of the object etc. It gives the game a ton of depth.

It's the best first person shooter on the Wii no question and will stay that way until Nintendo decides to make another but it's not an enjoyable one.

4.) It's not a first person shooter. It's a first person adventure. That said, the first person shooter moments trumps any other game so I will agree with that.

Jaysonguy

Metroid is for Metroid fans, and adventure/exploration fans. The game isn't for everyone, and if it's not your cup of tea then hey, you're not alone.

But your reasons for not liking it seem misinformed, and you should attempt to play it all the way through if you could.

--

To everyone else, I loved the ship and I liked the multiple worlds. In the end it feels like one big world because eventually you jsut warp everywhere anyways. Think of the ship like a warp, except you have it right away.

Goomba_Lord37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Goomba_Lord37
Member since 2008 • 5381 Posts
Nope Metrod Prime 3 was amazing.
clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 clicketyclick
Member since 2008 • 7136 Posts

Also, I was using the B button to shoot, which was also undesirable for me, it made it harder to aim. So I put the game on the shelf and tried it again a year later.

The second time I gave it try, I put it on hard and used the a button as the trigger and it has become one of my favorite games.
DaBrainz

Wait, huh? I didn't know you could... you can do that?

jacobs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jacobs06
Member since 2007 • 498 Posts
Although this was my first metroid game, I didn't feel engaged in the game enough. Walking around aimlessly makes me feel impatient (and I did a lot of that). Even when I played it in front of my family, they even seemed bored watching me wander around.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#39 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

I don't like how thye broke up the worlds. It was much better when it was one large connect up world such as in Prime 1 and 2 and most other metriod games.Marka1700

you do realise that it was just a change of loading screens right? all they did was switch the giant elevator loading screens with space ship loading screens.

MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MaceKhan
Member since 2008 • 1388 Posts

[QUOTE="DaBrainz"]Also, I was using the B button to shoot, which was also undesirable for me, it made it harder to aim. So I put the game on the shelf and tried it again a year later.

The second time I gave it try, I put it on hard and used the a button as the trigger and it has become one of my favorite games.
clicketyclick

Yes, you can.
FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts
Of course not. Metroid Prime 3 is amazing.Rocky32189
This.
wetwilli64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 wetwilli64
Member since 2008 • 464 Posts

I thought it was really hard. I've had it for a year now, and i haven't finished it, much less played it in a long time.

TheBeast789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TheBeast789
Member since 2008 • 1414 Posts
[QUOTE="clicketyclick"]

[QUOTE="DaBrainz"]Also, I was using the B button to shoot, which was also undesirable for me, it made it harder to aim. So I put the game on the shelf and tried it again a year later.

MaceKhan

Yes, you can.

whoa care to explain please?

i think it will make it alot easier for me

Fawlcon_Pawnch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Fawlcon_Pawnch
[QUOTE="MaceKhan"][QUOTE="clicketyclick"]

TheBeast789

Yes, you can.

What using A or B as the shooting button?

You can switch it in the game's options.

MaceKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MaceKhan
Member since 2008 • 1388 Posts
[QUOTE="TheBeast789"][QUOTE="MaceKhan"][QUOTE="clicketyclick"]

Fawlcon_Pawnch

Yes, you can.

What using A or B as the shooting button?

You can switch it in the game's options.

What Falcon_Pawnch said.
dylanmcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 dylanmcc
Member since 2008 • 2512 Posts
I haven't got MP3 yet, but I am getting it soon.
I have TP, and until halfway I thought it was AMAZING but then it just got dull. Towards the end it was a chore to finish. I hated the bit where you escorted the girl and the sick kid through the field on horseback.
I shiver thinking about that part haha.
Felmo_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47 Felmo_07
Member since 2007 • 283 Posts
yeah i liked it but i did get a bit bored of it after a while, still a good game; 9/10
T_Largo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 T_Largo
Member since 2007 • 160 Posts
Honestly, as much as I DID love Metroid Prime 3, I was bored to tears about 4 hours in the game. I'm glad I kept with it, though. When it finally does start to pick up its amazing.
gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts

No, I only got bored when the game ended.

I did not want that game to end.

helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#50 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts
So far the boss battles haven't been that great. I just destroyed planet Byrro's Seed and boss, and it was pretty boring imo.