UNDISCOVERED (at least to me) Wii internet/ wiimote secrets

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
So i decided to use the internet on my wii since my laptop is gone and accidently refreshed the page... but then I realized that my cursor was no where near the bottom of the screen. So i fiddled around with the wiimote some more and found out these button combinations that help one navigate without the icons at the bottom of the screen. Go back a page = while holding B, press the minus button Go foward a page = while holding B, press the plus button Refresh the page = while holding B, press up on the Dpad Open up the search function = while holding B, press left on the Dpad Open up your favorites = while holding B, press down on the Dpad Enter a web address = while holding B, press right on the Dpad it may not be the best thing out there, but it's something... i havent read any instructions on how the wii internet works and this is only my third time using it, so maybe this is already out there. Just spreading the joy :D PS. pressing the 2 button on wii baseball while pitching lets you throw underhanded pitches (wait for the wiimote to rumble after you press 2, thats when you're in 'underhand mode'... press 1 to go back to 'overhand mode') :)
lite_ds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 lite_ds
Member since 2006 • 520 Posts
THis has nothing to do with the internet but on the main wii menu if you press A + B, you can move channels around.
monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 monty_4256
Member since 2004 • 8577 Posts

kl didn't know any of that, including the underhand pitching...

good post!

monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 monty_4256
Member since 2004 • 8577 Posts
THis has nothing to do with the internet but on the main wii menu if you press A + B, you can move channels around.lite_ds
ok I did know that... lol
ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts

Interesting.

Pity they didn't port over the gesture based system found on the PC version of Opera. 

bededog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#6 bededog
Member since 2005 • 8579 Posts

Interesting.

Pity they didn't port over the gesture based system found on the PC version of Opera.

ThePlothole

That would have been cool. I love that feature(but I use Firefox with an add-on that does that). :P And I didn't know about those button combos for the internet channel, but I don't use it much anyway so I'm not surppised I didn't know. 

chris_damon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 chris_damon
Member since 2005 • 624 Posts

THis has nothing to do with the internet but on the main wii menu if you press A + B, you can move channels around.lite_ds

Omg...awesome! lol

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ZumaJones07

kl didn't know any of that, including the underhand pitching...

good post!

monty_4256
yea... i love accidents that are beneficial... like penicillin...i think that was an accident... :Ι
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ZumaJones07
umpbay