sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

So I finally bought the BOTW DLC. I beat the game at launch then decided to start a fresh file with the goal of beating every shrine (which I did). This second playthrough I really took the time to explore and enjoy the game more than when I beat it at launch.

Anyway, I beat the Trial of the Sword a few days ago, and I wanted to share my thoughts and strategies, and hear about yours:

- Beginning and Middle trials were harder than the Final Trials for me

- The Middle Trials dark levels were brutal and took a lot of practice

- My strategy was basically to have a perfect run for all trials until the first oasis, minimal damage if any, making sure I had all of the weapons

- Taking a 30 minute Attack Up really helped in the Middle Trial. It's not so great in the Final because you need the Cold Resistance Up which cancels it out - but it doesn't hurt to use it anyway.

- The Final Trial was hardest for me in lightning levels. The fire levels were easy if you abused bullet time, and the snow didn't prove to be a problem.

- Always Ancient Arrow Lynels- the margin of error is just too high, and their health is high.

- I found in the 6 guardian room that if i immediately went to the right towards the bottom corner, if I stayed along the wall, guardians wouldn't detect me until I hit them. I just took out one at a time with a two handed weapon and shot an arrow whenever I needed to stun.

- In the floor with the 3 types of guardians, I immediately straight into the ruins and camped. By standing on the stairs the flying guardian couldn't get me and I Just abused arrows. Did this on the left side. On the right side I did the same to take out the stalker. The turret was easiest, climb behind him and two hand weapon.

- Last level was only hard getting into the air to bullet time the Lynel. The spinning spears could get you trapped between the Bokoblins. Otherwise, Ancient Arrow for the Lynel does the trick. Turret was easy.

- upgrade your bombs and stasis. I can't believe I sunk 80 hours into the game before DLC and killed virtually every guardian in the game to not upgrade my stuff. That stasis can be helpful to freeze the Stalnox.

Anyway, I really enjoyed it. I don't see myself jumping back in for it. My last run on the Final Trial was really ideal. I had left over ancient arrows and ferries (I wanted to kill the last guardian with my bare hands hence no ancient arrow).

I played ultra conservative and in retrospect, too conservative. But I really wanted to get through it. So Final Trial took me about 5 tries, but part 4 was me quitting before the 1st oasis because I didn't like the start of my run. Middle Trial probably took 6 or 7 times. Beginning trial about the same.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34665 Posts

Try doing it on Master Mode.

My strategy was to fucking complete that shitty ass broken room with the Lizalfos, the only room I had problems with. One of the first rooms of the trial, and defintiely the hardest of them all. It's like Nintendo didn't even test this thing on Master Mode. And they still haven't patched it. I managed after many tries to cheese that room, and the rest was pretty easy after that.