this is getting so sad...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zeroxfinal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 zeroxfinal
Member since 2007 • 383 Posts
PEOPLE FF4 will never come to america.Might as well as give up hope because its been out in japan for quite a while now and there is no sign of it coming to any other country..
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
PEOPLE FF4 will never come to america.Might as well as give up hope because its been out in japan for quite a while now and there is no sign of it coming to any other country..zeroxfinal
I don't really care as I never played the Super Nintendo or gameboy advance version. But do you think the same thing is going to happen to FF VI?
Xraydon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Xraydon
Member since 2005 • 1227 Posts

you have any concrete info? i believe it is coming and look forward to it!

Chezzanator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Chezzanator
Member since 2006 • 291 Posts
It seems like it, but I hope they do end up releasing it in North America
SpootyHead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SpootyHead
Member since 2005 • 2702 Posts
Be patient. SE is not that stupid. A main franchise that has a 3D remake of a popular 2D installment... no way they are going to give it up. Remember Final Fantasy III? It was out in Japan for a long time before it was brought to the US. Wasn't it out for a year? Don't worry man. If you can't get FF IV DS, just get FF IV GBA. Not like it hasn't been ported to 3 different US systems already.
Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#7 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
To bad it probably will be. It normally takes this long or even longer to release games like this. FFVII:CC just released, and it's been out in japan over 3 months..
especensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8 especensor
Member since 2006 • 3180 Posts
how many recent square enix games haven't been making it to US shores?
cougar65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cougar65
Member since 2003 • 1035 Posts
Its dissapointing that Japanese publishers keep doing this. Is it that hard to just translate a game. The same thing seems to be happening with the tales series for DS. It would be a shame if they don't bring it over to the states at some point.
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

Actually...it's almost inevitable. Ports/remakes have never stopped Square with their core FF series before. Where would be the sense in not translating the game :s

When we are getting really obscure games translated over here for new franchises, what are the odds that a popular well known franchise is not going to be translated :s

If it does come it will be at the end of the year at the latest I'd imagine.

Avatar image for TalesofRaGnArOk
TalesofRaGnArOk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TalesofRaGnArOk
Member since 2007 • 3189 Posts
We're getting FF: Tactics advance 2 here by June/July, and that came out in Japan in October 2007 ( Its being released 7-8 months later). Be pateint
soldier091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 soldier091
Member since 2004 • 296 Posts

People, it's coming, just be patient. They're spreading out their games so they can have a constant flow of revenue and to prevent competition amongst their own products.

Final Fantasy [PSP] - Released: April 19, 2007 in JP / June 26, 2007 in NA

Final Fantasy II [PSP] - Released: June 7, 2007 in JP / July 24, 2007 in NA

Heroes of Mana [DS] - Released: March 8, 2007 in JP / August 14, 2007 in NA

Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions [PSP] - Released: May 10, 2007 in JP / October 9, 2007 in NA

Front Mission 1st [DS] - Released: March 22, 2007 in JP / October 23, 2007 in NA

Final Fantasy XI: Wings of the Goddess [PC/PS2/360] - Released: November 22, 2007 in JP / November 20, 2007 in NA

Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings [DS] - Released: April 26, 2007 in JP / November 20, 2007 in NA

Dragon Quest Swords [Wii] - Released: July 12, 2007 in JP / February 19, 2008 in NA

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates [DS] - Released: August 23, 2007 in JP / March 11, 2008 in NA

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII [PSP] - Released: September 13, 2007 in JP / March 25, 2008 in NA

The World Ends With You [DS] - Released: July 27, 2007 in JP / April 22, 2008 in NA

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift [DS] - Released: October 25, 2007 in JP / June 24, 2008 in NA

The only unreleased games from 2007 and 2008 that were released in Japan and haven't been released/announced here yet are:

• Itadaki Street DS [DS] (Released: June 21, 2007)
  • Dragon Quest IV [DS] (Released: November 22, 2007)
  • Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System [PS2] (Released: August 9, 2007)
  • Final Fantasy IV [DS] (Released: December 20, 2007)
  • Wine no Hajimekata [DS] (Released: November 15, 2007)
  • Star Ocean: The First Departure [PSP] (Released: December 27, 2007)
  • Star Ocean: The Second Evolution [PSP] (Released: April 2, 2008 )

Only some of the above games will be released here. Itadaki Street DS is part of a series of board game-style video games, and none of them have ever been released outside of Japan. However, this one in particular features Dragon Quest and Super Mario characters, so there is a slight chance it might see a US release. In fact, Square Enix recently trademarked the name "Party Castle," which could be seen as in indicator that it will be released here under a different name (but this is only an guess).

Dragon Quest IV could go either way. The series isn't insanely successful in North America, and we've missed out on the PS1 remake of this game and the PS2 remake of Dragon Quest V. We never even got Dragon Quest V and VI in their original forms. However, Square Enix have been giving it a better chance lately. Not only did they give the series its rightful name (it was originally known in North America as "Dragon Warrior"), but they've released a number of games from the series in recent years: Dragon Quest VIII for PS2, Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime and Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker for DS, and Dragon Quest Swords for the Wii. The mere fact that they've released those spin-offs here offers some hope that they'll give this remake a North American release.

Final Fantasy XII International hasn't been released here, and it probably never will. Most of the more recent Final Fantasy games have received "International" versions, which offer a combination of the things added in the North American and European versions, as well as some additional stuff exclusive to the release. They're always only released in Japan, which is a shame, because some of them have some cool stuff. This one in particular features Jobs, as seen in Final Fantasy III, V and Tactics.

Wine no Hajimekata is a weird little non-game that educates you on wine-tasting. If you ask me, it's very unlikely that this will ever see the light of day outside of Japan.

Star Ocean: The First Departure and The Second Evolution are both PSP remakes of Star Ocean and Star Ocean: The Second Story. The Star Ocean series definitely has an audience in North America, and given the fact that the original Star Ocean has never been released here, fans are very excited about these. Neither have been announced for a North American release, but it's possible. The first one was only released a few months ago and the second one doesn't even come out for a few days, so there's nothing to get alarmed about.

Now, back to Final Fantasy IV. In recent years, barely any Final Fantasy product has remained unreleased for North American audiences. Hell, we even got a Chocobo game, and the last one released before Final Fantasy Fables was Chocobo Racing in 1999. And then you have to take into account how well Final Fantasy III sold. And on top of that, you just have to take into account the fact that it's a numbered Final Fantasy game. Remake or not, this is going to be a high-profile release, and there's no way in hell they're not going to release it here.

But let's recap: the only games that even have a chance of being released here are Dragon Quest IV, Final Fantasy IV, and the two Star Ocean games. The Itadaki Street one is a maybe, but still unlikely.

So, think about it. From 2007 to now, Square Enix have consistently released at least one game almost every month in North America. They now only have four games left, and their most recent announcement is for Final Fantasy Tactics A2 to be released in June. What are they going to do after that? Probably release those very same games. All of the other games they have in development won't even be released in Japan for quite a while, so that basically leaves Square Enix with these four games. And if you ask me, they're probably going to sit on them until after Final Fantasy Tactics A2 is released, and try to spread them out until they can get one of their in-development games released in Japan.

Hell, Final Fantasy Tactics A2 came out in October 2007, and it wasn't even announced for a North American release until last week. That's 6 months from Japanese release and North American announcement, and 4 months from North American announcement to North American release. Final Fantasy IV only came out at the end of December 2007, so it's really no surprise that a North American release hasn't been announced over a four month period. If you take into account the time it takes to translate every line of text, implement said lines of text into the game, hire and audition voice actors, painstakingly go over everything to ensure quality, prep and complete box and manual art, press game cards and package them all together with their boxes, plan and execute a marketing campaign (websites and print, television and internet advertisements) and get everything ready for shipment, it's ridiculous to assume it would be in any way ready for even an announcement right now.

Conclusion: There is no logical reason to assume that Final Fantasy IV won't be receiving a North American release, and all evidence points to there being nothing out of the ordinary. Carry on, people.

thelordofrpgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 thelordofrpgs
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Fortunately for myself, I happen to have already beaten it on GBA, and thus, don't really intend on buying it twice, not unless it's really, really flipping amazing. Down here where I live, I think it's coming out anyway. Hasn't DS had enough final fantasys recently? I mean, sheesh, I'm closing in on a 100% completion of Revenant Wings. Barely.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#15 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41568 Posts
It'll come sooner or later.
adey1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 adey1986
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I really hope it gets released!
thattotally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 thattotally
Member since 2008 • 3842 Posts

We got FF 3 like, 4 months after the Japanese release date?

So it's probably best to assume that, if we're lucky, we'll get FF 4 on December of 2008? and I'd hope that the release date would be announced in the summer, giving us all that time to anticipate the game? hmm I wish...

zeroxfinal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 zeroxfinal
Dragon quest is coming out but i don't think FF4 would. I played FF4 and its amazing.
jukeyjuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 jukeyjuke
Member since 2006 • 211 Posts
You know, if people keep saying that the FF4 won't come, it won't come.
Dust_Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Dust_Fox
Member since 2007 • 737 Posts
Its not that square enix can be that stupid, i mean look at KH2 Final mix+. It would have been a huge hit in the U.S. yet it only came out in japan. They dont care about us.
Tokyo512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Tokyo512
Member since 2007 • 1207 Posts
It WILL come. Come on, Squeenix is working on like 100 things at once(exaggeration?). And this game has like 100x more things to translate than FF3(this one has an actual story line o_O). Patience is the key.
viewtifullee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 viewtifullee
Member since 2008 • 384 Posts

i thought it was cumin out around christmas but only in ***

it cum here eventually

if not ebay and being able to read *** would cum in handy

zeroxfinal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 zeroxfinal

Its not that square enix can be that stupid, i mean look at KH2 Final mix+. It would have been a huge hit in the U.S. yet it only came out in japan. They dont care about us.Dust_Fox

I agree they don't care. Japan got the best games.

thattotally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 thattotally
Member since 2008 • 3842 Posts

[QUOTE="Dust_Fox"]Its not that square enix can be that stupid, i mean look at KH2 Final mix+. It would have been a huge hit in the U.S. yet it only came out in japan. They dont care about us.zeroxfinal

I agree they don't care. Japan got the best games.

heh you're telling me. I really dont want to be reminded of the whole KH incident. That was really mean how they put our hopes up only to crush us all with the disspointment of never ever seeing a remake of CoM memories, as well as extra scenes in the game that more than convinces me to buy it. But of course International versions or whatever they're called always stay in Japan. No other part of the world deserves them apparently.

snakenamedjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 snakenamedjoe
Member since 2005 • 199 Posts

FF4 has been confirmed for a july 08 release. Take that, naysayers.

http://www.dsfanboy.com/2008/03/31/final-fantasy-iv-on-the-way-to-the-u-s/