This game will completly eliminate your doubts about the Wii!

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

suitmypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 suitmypants
Member since 2004 • 1015 Posts

Let's just face the facts: the Wii is slowly losing it's charm for many, many people. After getting quickly bored with WarioWare and Super Paper Mario, beating Zelda and Trauma Center (which was very short), I felt the Wii didn't have to offer anything else until I got my hands on Excite Truck.

Now, I know it's just one game, but trust me... it's one heck of a game. It's insanely addicting and simple enough that anyone pick it up-- all you gotta is hit the accelerator button and tilt the wiimote to turn; simple and perfect. You can easily put 40+ hours into the game and even more if you want to get S-ranking on the races which helps unlock tracks, trucks, and new modes. I was never a big fan of racing games, but this game instantly got me hooked! I thoroughly believe this to be the best Wii game. No exaggeration, no joke.

But what I think truly makes the game great is that you can add your own music with an SD Card. It adds a completly different feel to the game and as weird as it sounds... it can definetly get some adrenaline pumping. (See Excite Truck videos and you'll see why) My personal favorite song to play is One Winged Angel from Final Fantasy Advent Children, it gives me goosebumps just thinking about it!

I'm not trying to say that Excite Truck doesn't have any flaws, I'd be lying. For example multiplayer is a bit dissapointing, its 2 players but only head to head, no AI or anything(my brother, friends and I have much more funcompleting single player together)The graphics are simple, but in some courses they look good. If you're still unsure, check out the trailers.

This game truly ensured myself that I made a great descision to purchase the Wii. What game did it for you guys?

Man, all this talk got me in the mood for some Excite Truck.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
It's a good game, I have it.
ParkCarsHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#3 ParkCarsHere
Member since 2004 • 3556 Posts

Meh, it's an average game. I agree with Gamespot when they say it's a tech demo, not a true game. They should've released it at budget price and it would have been a must buy.

If you're trying to make people keep their Wiis, just say things like MP3, SMG, BWii, SSBB, Zak and Wiki, Mario Kart Wii, etc. and they will never think about selling their console again.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Duckman5

Meh, it's an average game. I agree with Gamespot when they say it's a tech demo, not a true game. They should've released it at budget price and it would have been a must buy.

If you're trying to make people keep their Wiis, just say things like MP3, SMG, BWii, SSBB, Zak and Wiki, Mario Kart Wii, etc. and they will never think about selling their console again.

ParkCarsHere

I see games that are worse off than this game and are full price. Gauging by them this game is worth full price.

ParkCarsHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 ParkCarsHere
Member since 2004 • 3556 Posts
I didn't say Excite Truck was the WORST game ever made, I just said that it definately wasn't a system seller as the TC seems to be selling it as. It's a simplified game that was designed to show the Wii's controls in a racing game. There will be better soon enough. Excite Truck is definately not a reason to keep the Wii....
mkfalcon2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mkfalcon2007
Member since 2006 • 931 Posts

i agree, excite truck is a hell of a game. the controls -at least for me - redefine how racing games should be played. thanks to excite truck, i didn't even hesitate a second before trading in my 360 copy of nfs carbon for the wii version. sure i lost a bit in the graphics department...but atleast now, almost all my friends that come over now really enjoy playing it using the wiimote's tilt function vs when they had to use analog on my 360. using the tilting as steering, i feel total control, precision of where im goin and how fast im turning its great. gameplay wise....who doesn't love high speed offroad racing?

but as u ask, "which game really did it for you?" i would have to say redsteel. i first played it over at a freinds house after the wii's launch (day or two after) and i immediately fell in love with the controls. in halo's dual analog im pretty good, not the best at picking off headshots...but im decent. when i played redsteel, all of a sudden i felt like a pro. the precision and accuracy from the wiimote's pointer made gun fights a breeze - i found myself pulling off headshots from far and wasting little to no ammo on misses. we then played some 4 player splitscreen (my friend+2 cousins + me)on the restuarant level. i must say, as a halo lover, i was impressed. (well im not that big of a halo lover, i mostly enjoy splitscreen when friends come over. online i played a few time..but there were to many cheaters so i quit w/ online, stupid mods.) the level was huge, had destructible objects, many places to take cover/run, and the aiming was still as good even with a smaller portion of the screen (but we did play on a large plasma). so longer story short:

Redsteel is the reason why i bought a wii. thanks to this game i saw potential in fps games, i then played excite truck and i also bought it, then i knew carbon was gonna rock....nect thing u know, i have 15 wii games! (not all at once but to date thats how many i have - not counting vc games).

the said part is....if i want to buy the other 9 games that interest me and are coming out this year, im gonna have to dish out another $600+. oh well its worth it.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Duckman5

I didn't say Excite Truck was the WORST game ever made, I just said that it definately wasn't a system seller as the TC seems to be selling it as. It's a simplified game that was designed to show the Wii's controls in a racing game. There will be better soon enough. Excite Truck is definately not a reason to keep the Wii....ParkCarsHere

I agree with that, but don't agree that it's a tech demo. If anything is a tech demo, it's Warioware.

suitmypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 suitmypants
I didn't say Excite Truck was the WORST game ever made, I just said that it definately wasn't a system seller as the TC seems to be selling it as. It's a simplified game that was designed to show the Wii's controls in a racing game. There will be better soon enough. Excite Truck is definately not a reason to keep the Wii....ParkCarsHere

True it's a simple game, but nonetheless it's still a highly addicting game. Who said simple was a bad thing?

Also, saying that the game was designed to show the Wii's control in a racing game doesn't really make much sense... so does Red Steel show how FPS controls work, and Madden show how American Football games are going to be played on the Wii? No, this is a racing game, and it's MUCH more than a tech demo. It has what every racing game made for any console has: unlockable tracks, modes, trucks, difficulties, and much more. Ask anyone who spent their time unlocking everything for Excite Truck and they can tell you its easily as much hours they have spent on any other game on the Wii. Definetly longer than WarioWare that's for sure.
fmobliv06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 1

#9 fmobliv06
Member since 2006 • 2429 Posts
exactly right. out of all of my wii games (zelda, RE4, and the godfather included), i think i have put the most time into excite truck. (i may have played the godfather a little more..i have played it for about 18 hours...) excite truck is fast paced, gorgeous, has a great sense of speed, and has a wildly competitive single player campaign. but the awesomeness doesn't stop there. there are several challenges besides racing which, while not as giddily fun as the main races, will keep you busy when you want to do more than race for points. now if a sequel was made with 4 player multiplayer, as well as an online mode, i would be in heaven. until then, excite truck is one ofthe best games you can get on the wii IMO. maybe the best.
no_one089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 no_one089
Member since 2007 • 506 Posts
I bought the game and ive almost beaten it, I even got the monster truck.
Avatar image for JustWiicredible
JustWiicredible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JustWiicredible
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts
Yep it's a good game once you get used to the controls. One winged angel. Meh. I like to stick in some POLYSICS or mad capsule markets. It suits the game perfectly.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
i liked it but if they make a sequal it needs more depth n online play
LProjektST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LProjektST
Member since 2005 • 1055 Posts
It doesnt need to be a fifty dollar game though. Look forward to: Strikers Charged, Battalion Wars 2, Metroid 3, Brawl, Manhunt 2, Galaxy, RE: UC, Soul Calibur Legends. That should help revitalize those losing the charm.
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
I thought it was great for 2 weeks then stopped caring, should have been cheaper.
suitmypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 suitmypants

It doesnt need to be a fifty dollar game though. Look forward to: Strikers Charged, Battalion Wars 2, Metroid 3, Brawl, Manhunt 2, Galaxy, RE: UC, Soul Calibur Legends. That should help revitalize those losing the charm. LProjektST

Like Duckman5 said, compared to other $50 games, this one is worth it. I mean just look at the other $50 games like WarioWare, Marvel Alliance, Pirates, or Alien Syndrome (I think it's $50).

True, true you could wait for those games, but why wait when you can already get an epic one now?:D

l8bitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 l8bitz
Member since 2004 • 3251 Posts
I keep hearing that it is a good game... I'll have to pick it up.
adolson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 adolson
Member since 2006 • 554 Posts
I got Excite Truck for about $30 on eBay - WELL worth the money! I love it, and I love the MP3 support too! Racing around to Megadeth is great fun. The blur effect rules, and the graphics overall are quite nice. I'm happy with it, especially considering it's a launch title.
mkfalcon2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mkfalcon2007
Member since 2006 • 931 Posts
so could those of you that call excite truck a demo, could u guyslist the things that make this game a demo?
LOLhahaDEAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#19 LOLhahaDEAD
Member since 2006 • 4431 Posts

It didn't look all that great to me. When I saw that the trucks didn't handle well and ALWAYS went off course, it really annoyed me.

I'll probably pick it up when the price drops, though.

Superman2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Superman2010
Member since 2006 • 182 Posts
I don't have it :(
JLAudio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 JLAudio7
Member since 2007 • 2729 Posts

ParkCarsHere
i agree
suitmypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 suitmypants

It didn't look all that great to me. When I saw that the trucks didn't handle well and ALWAYS went off course, it really annoyed me.LOLhahaDEAD

Try watching a different video. The motion control is very fluid and smooth. You actually have a great feel for the truck. To be quite frank with you, Mario Kart Wii should handle like this game.

I don't have it :(Superman2010

It's not too late! Don't wait for the big three to come out, buy this game and buy the big three! Heck, you got time... ;)

[QUOTE="ParkCarsHere"]

JLAudio7
i agree

Also, for everybody saying this is a tech demo... don't let that GS review manipulate you. You could hardly call it demo. It's a pretty lengthy game with three modes, each having atleast 25 tracks. Granted that the tracks are the same for the first two mode, it's still 25 tracks... that's one hell of a demo.

ag1052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ag1052
Member since 2006 • 5725 Posts
Excite truck was the biggest surprise of any game for me. With Zelda, madden, and so on I knew what to expect. Excite Truck I got but wasnt sure if that was a good move or not. It was a great move! I love that game and whenever I get tired of the game I am currently playing or just want to play something for half an hour I pop it in. I also stuck a lot of MXPX on my SD card... their music goes perfect with the game. Not my favorite Wii game but its the unsung hero of the Wii lineup IMO.
RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 RamboSymbiot
Member since 2007 • 6302 Posts
i rented it, wasnt anything special. I wouldnt buy it
-SiiLeNCE-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25 -SiiLeNCE-
Member since 2006 • 2161 Posts
give me a break
StealYoFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 StealYoFace
Member since 2007 • 111 Posts
i might consider buying it now
ag1052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ag1052
Member since 2006 • 5725 Posts

give me a break-SiiLeNCE-

You just said in another thread that you dont have a wii... the topic starter said that you have to get your hands on it. Try the game before you say something like that.

Constant-Ra1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Constant-Ra1n
Member since 2007 • 410 Posts

Dear TC,

How are the controls? Are they as pathetic as Red Steels controls (meaning you have no control over anything, driving you to the brink of murdering your Wii)? Is it anything like smugglers run, you know that old GC game we all loved?

Kenshin112345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Kenshin112345
Member since 2005 • 298 Posts

ParkCarsHere

We have said that, and i still see Used Wiis for sale on Ebay.

frenccw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 frenccw
Member since 2003 • 95 Posts

Excite Truck was a surprise for me too, i got it cheap off ebay as well. Funny thing is everyone only compliments the single player. Me, on the other hand, enjoy duking it out with my housemate. Fun as hell. Although half-baked, it was what kept me going in Excite Truck.

Its also fun looking at first timers trying to get the hang of the game but ended up doing spectacular crashes into trees or deep water.

Toribor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 Toribor
Member since 2005 • 3255 Posts
Excite Trucks controls feel very solid, but it lacks a lot of extras and solid multiplayer that great racing games usually have. If you own a Wii it's definitely something to borrow or rent but I wouldn't rush off and buy it at full price. I'll admit the controlls really solidified the Wii's capabilities in my mind, but didn't really relenquish all fears of lackluster gaming titles...
suitmypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 suitmypants
Dear TC,

How are the controls? Are they as pathetic as Red Steels controls (meaning you have no control over anything, driving you to the brink of murdering your Wii)? Is it anything like smugglers run, you know that old GC game we all loved?Constant-Ra1n

This game utilizes the wiimote perfectly. The motion sensing is very smooth like playing an arcade racing game. I never played smugglers run, but there's no doubt when you try this game, you'll realize the motion sensing is perfect. I played a lot of arcade racing games, so I was able to adapt to this real quickly.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34749 Posts
It's a fun game. Not worth full price, but worth playing. And to get an S rank on everything doesn't take very long. Definitely not 40 hours. I borrowed the game from my friend for 3 days and unlocked everything.
Avatar image for JustWiicredible
JustWiicredible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JustWiicredible
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts
I traded in Motorstorm for Exite truck and i have no regrets about doing it. :)
lackey375

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lackey375
Member since 2006 • 104 Posts

I traded in Motorstorm for Exite truck and i have no regrets about doing it. :)JustWiicredible

thats cause motorstorm sucks ass

i mean sure there are nice graphix and cool car......but only 8 tracks.....and there alllllllll in the desert,

excite truck may lack deepth, but at least theres varaity.....and cmon......you can race in canada!

u8muhrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 u8muhrice
Member since 2004 • 1453 Posts

[QUOTE="JustWiicredible"]I traded in Motorstorm for Exite truck and i have no regrets about doing it. :)lackey375

thats cause motorstorm sucks ass

i mean sure there are nice graphix and cool car......but only 8 tracks.....and there alllllllll in the desert,

excite truck may lack deepth, but at least theres varaity.....and cmon......you can race in canada!

You can race in Canada, Finland, China, Mexico and a couple other countries... including outer space! Why travel the world when you got Excite Truck? Want to go to space? Pop the game in!

Excite Truck is easily one of the better purchase for my Wii, heck... it's the best game I bought for it (even if it was worth $50). If you guys really complain about the price, buy a used copy. You can't regret it.

merch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#37 merch
Member since 2005 • 4235 Posts

excite truck is ok no more heroes is gonna pwn its teh gta on teh wii with uber blood and violence,dont beleive me youtube it.

and wii isnt slowly dieing what!!! hey man its still sold out every where, the only way to get one still is to camp,or go to gamestop and get 1of the 20 used ones that they have.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Duckman5

excite truck is ok no more heroes is gonna pwn its teh gta on teh wii with uber blood and violence,dont beleive me youtube it.

and wii isnt slowly dieing what!!! hey man its still sold out every where, the only way to get one still is to camp,or go to gamestop and get 1of the 20 used ones that they have.

merch

don't compare a racing game to a.....well No More Heroes (Can't think of it's genre) compare it to Mariokart which will kick it's ass.

u8muhrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 u8muhrice
Member since 2004 • 1453 Posts

merch

The TC isn't claiming that the Wii is slowly dying out everywhere, he's merely stating that others including himself are getting Buyer's Remorse Syndrome. It's when you start doubting whether you wasted your money on a purchase or not. On top of my head, I can name three games on top of my head that gave me BRS: Sonic, Warioware, PBR, Marvel Alliance, and in a way Wii Play... oh wait that was five.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#40 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
Excite Truck is fun, But MP3 in a month, after that BW2, and Dragon Blade in September, Galaxy in Nov, and Brawl in Dec, Mario Kart early next year, and then you also got SC Legends, No More Heroes, Disaster, Medal of Honor, and so on.
8-Bits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 8-Bits
Member since 2007 • 35 Posts
I keep hearing that it is a good game... I'll have to pick it up.l8bitz
thats what I was thinking
firebirdboi06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

#42 firebirdboi06
Member since 2004 • 189 Posts
Yea, it's a fine game, for a over-the-top-racer, but they could've done more for the soundtrack and multiplayer. Only two trucks on the course? puh-lease.
Sants412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43 Sants412
Member since 2007 • 5599 Posts

i'd agree that its an average game but it needs depth

riseneclipse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 riseneclipse
Member since 2006 • 1176 Posts
well for single player it probably isnt worth the $50. i first played it at my friends house and its quickly become one of my favorite multiplayer games of all time. its quick and easy to get used to, theres no story or depth so you can quickly jump into the next race and taking music from the SD card is pretty brilliant. hearing the music that you love really helps you get into the game and have more fun with it.
Kaijin1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Kaijin1
Member since 2007 • 551 Posts
Excite truck was good i beat it in 2 days but DBZ BT2 is what i like the most
Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts
I liked Excite Truck, but got board of it fairly quick. NFS Carbon is more fun but in a different way, I like the arcade style of Excite Truck but the more realistic style of NFS Carbon. Red Steel was fun, but I found COD3 controls a little smoother. Hopefully they will perfect first person controls, or if not come out with a new attackemt to fix it.
tancred8120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 tancred8120
Member since 2007 • 7937 Posts

yeah I have it, it's really fun :)

lulu52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 lulu52
Member since 2005 • 1173 Posts
Meh.
FLEEBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#49 FLEEBS
Member since 2006 • 1225 Posts
I have it and like it, but I don't exactly think it is the best game on Wii. My favorite so far I think is Super Paper Mario.
foola12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50 foola12
Member since 2005 • 2242 Posts
Ugh.. some how i find this post very pointless..