Things that must be added/fixed for The Conduit

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Matthew_han

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Matthew_han
Member since 2006 • 303 Posts

As you may already know, The Conduit is a scifi fps, exclusively for the Wii. It is designed to take advantage of the Wii's unique controls and to provide the best graphics avaliable for the Wii. I believe High Voltage is very close to their promises, however they still need to add/fix some stuff before release.

- Environment and structures need better texture and needs to better overall. I mean sure some environments look great, however at other times they look so grey and bland. This is because they are putting way too much detail and bumps into the character models and gun models. So if they scarfice a tiny amount of the graphics on the models, I believe the environment can be more colorful and life like.

- The physics from what I saw at E3 is horrible. I may be overstating that just a tad bit, but in all honesty, HV needs to fix their physiques. When enemies got blasted away by the strike rifle or something, they just completely fell down, like on the spot. It was extremely unrealistic and they need to look at games like SSBB and MP3C for better physiques. Why don't they use the havok physics? :S Also, I saw flying enemies shot down from the air, they crashed, and didn't even budge or bounce even a tad, not even a little shake. They just crashed and laid down. So they really need to fix these issues.

- We may not know a lot about the plot yet, however it sounds kinda generic so far. And a few other websites also agreed. Unless we see some plot twists and interesting character development inside the plot, I think the single player campaign might turn out to be more generic than we had expected.

- From what we have seen so far (which is half of a single level), it seems that it is very linear. Although that may not be such a problem if they make each new level and area interesting and different, I kinda wanted some multiple paths or some non-linear parts too, you know?

- I am also hoping they set up their own online service/servers, because I don't want them to use FCs, and EA Nation occasionally fails. They need to put up leaderboards, world, region, and maybe even smaller cities and towns? And they need to make it so that people makes a room with a title or something, and players just look through the rooms avaliable and join. There should also be a lot of custimizable options for online rooms. Like, passwords, time limit, weapons choices, and such. Also, they need something like a friends messenger. So, after a game people can agree to become friends or something and then from on, whenever you come online, you can chat and text with your friends in the lobby and chat in game too. Plus, WiiSpeak should be avaliable with non-friends too.

Anymore ideas guys? Also, was that a good list of things?

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
- Fix art direction
- Aim for 60FPS.
Matthew_han

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Matthew_han

- Fix art direction
- Aim for 60FPS.
Haziqonfire

agreed. I don't get how retro managed to pull off 60 fps with stunning, gorgeous graphics and HV can't. :S

randomguy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 randomguy15
Member since 2008 • 1981 Posts
Don't worry it's still a while before this game comes out, they'll probably fix most of those problems.
snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 snowman6251
Member since 2006 • 5321 Posts

I agree the enviornments were a tad boring but maybe its just that level. Doubt that will change.

Also as for the physics the aliens are in big armor. Maybe they're really heavy so thats why they don't bounce around after they die.

Matthew_han

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Matthew_han

I agree the enviornments were a tad boring but maybe its just that level. Doubt that will change.

Also as for the physics the aliens are in big armor. Maybe they're really heavy so thats why they don't bounce around after they die.

snowman6251

I know, but even if you are in metal armor, in real life, if you fall from the sky and drop on the streets, you would bounce at least an inch high.

snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 snowman6251
[QUOTE="snowman6251"]

Matthew_han

I know, but even if you are in metal armor, in real life, if you fall from the sky and drop on the streets, you would bounce at least an inch high.

I just got an A in physics. If you are heavy enough you will not bounce back up. Now I'm really just being facetious. Should they bounce. Yeah. But its not important enough overall to gameplay for me to really care that much.

SirSpudly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 SirSpudly
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
[QUOTE="snowman6251"]

Matthew_han

Where are we going to get the alien willing to try that experiment?

For all we know, pavement could stick to them like paste does to us. Even dried, a little gets on us.

Matthew_han

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Matthew_han
Actually guys, I just tried jumping off a 14 floors high condo and i didnt seem to jerk or bounce, maybe a tiny, tad, bit. :P
snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 snowman6251

Actually guys, I just tried jumping off a 14 floors high condo and i didnt seem to jerk or bounce, maybe a tiny, tad, bit. :PMatthew_han

were you an alien in armor? no. this is why amateurs can't do it. I'm calling mythbusters.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
The environments yes can use a little suring up, enemy physics, not a big deal, because one by real world physics heavy objects like that wouldnt bounce its like dropping a sack of potatoes, all the force is disperesed out so it wont bounce. Also thats pretty much a FP standard the enemies just bounce back, the most you can hope for is they react to things in the envrionment, like if they fell on a car or something.
demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 demontium
Member since 2008 • 380 Posts

60 FPS

Local Play (please GOD)

more weapons that are cool and unique.

jsquared0905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jsquared0905
Member since 2008 • 57 Posts

PLEASE NO FRIEND CODES CRAP!!!!

Really though, my biggest want, is SPLITSCREEN MULTIPLAYER. They have 5-8 months before this games release (q1 09) and they claim to be only polishing and working on the multiplayer. They say they copied shamelessly from games like perfect dark, halo, and golden eye. All 3 had splitscreen, yet it is highly plausible conduit does not. I don't understand how they made this game thinking of the gamer who hangs out with friends playing videogames in the basemebt and not include splitscreen. IDK about you guys, but with me nothing beats the atmosphere of your brotheres and friends in the same room in a heated deathmatch. No good FPS on the wii has had offline multiplayer yet. If the rushed Red Steel was able to have it I do not see why not Conduit.

While I think good online will be the bread and butter of this game, there is no reason my brother or friend should need to get another wii just so we can play each other. Granted, I will probably buy this game as it looks amazing, but I will probably take a wait and see approach with no splitscreen.

Arkk_Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Arkk_Angel
Member since 2003 • 787 Posts

Polish, polish, polish...THAT'S ALL THIS GAME NEEDS.

Ragdoll physics, high-res textures, and everything else is a bit trivial considering Wii gamers are getting practically EVERYTHING they've demanded from HVS.

Great visuals, great gameplay, mature content, FPS shooter, online play, voice chat....

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

Physics- refers to things such as impact of bullets or explosions and their affect on things they come in contact with.

Physiques- refers to physical build. A weightlifter as a muscular physique.

I just wanted to point that out.

You made some good points. The environment gotta shape up, and have they fixed the way blood shoots out yet?

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts
much more interesting areas
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
I think the game should have a lengthy story. I don't know if the length of the game has ever been mentioned, but that's the only thing I'm worried about.
Matthew_han

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Matthew_han

Physics- refers to things such as impact of bullets or explosions and their affect on things they come in contact with.

Physiques- refers to physical build. A weightlifter as a muscular physique.

I just wanted to point that out.

You made some good points. The environment gotta shape up, and have they fixed the way blood shoots out yet?

sonic_spark

oops, thx

D_Kefka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 D_Kefka
Member since 2008 • 223 Posts
right now all i want is NO FC! it sucks especially if u cant send a friend request
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]- Fix art direction
- Aim for 60FPS.
Matthew_han

agreed. I don't get how retro managed to pull off 60 fps with stunning, gorgeous graphics and HV can't. :S

They are aiming for 30 fps which is fine as long as it's solid without any drops. I bet most people on this board probably wouldn't even be able to tell the difference between 30 and 60 FPS.

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

AI could use a boost. One of IGN's vids showed an alien trying to run through a wall and going nowhere. :?

I do however, like the guns they have. The spinning laser and guided rocket launcher is pretty sweet. :D

EddyPee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 EddyPee
Member since 2005 • 474 Posts
Enemy AI needs a little bit of touching up, and I thought it looked a bit easy. In most of the situations I saw at IGN (surrounded by aliens) if it was Halo the player would have been torn apart. The aliens need better accuracy.
legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts

make areas look better

NO FC!!

voice chat

thats pretty much all

legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts
Enemy AI needs a little bit of touching up, and I thought it looked a bit easy. In most of the situations I saw at IGN (surrounded by aliens) if it was Halo the player would have been torn apart. The aliens need better accuracy.EddyPee
they allready said the e3 demo was set on easy
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

For you guys wondering why the enemies don't bounce when they land. Have you ever jumped in the air? Did you bounce when you landed. Umm....No. So wtf? Human don't bounce when they land and neither to aliens wearing heavy metal....

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 demontium

Okay 60 fps is to much. 30 is fine for the first game.

But my real big pet peeve is the splitscreen. I mean its really what makes FPS games gain popularity. Whether its haging out with friends on the couch competing or playing LAN parties.

At least online coop because that would be so incredibly awsome.

Another thing I hope they do is really use the sound effects from the Wiimote speaker because that was really cool in MoH: H2. It will actually be a big dissappointment to me if they dont include support for the speaker.

Other things is that they really use the motions effectively in a way that makes you glad your using it over a button.

If Nintendo fans are smart of enough that this games sells a couple million then we are assured a sequal. If we are assured a sequal I would expect 60 FPS, splitscreen, LAN, COOP and so on

rgame1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rgame1
Member since 2008 • 2526 Posts
bloody hell, nothing satisfies fanboys hey?
rgame1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 rgame1
Member since 2008 • 2526 Posts

- Aim for 60FPS.
Matthew_han

No, MP3 was MP2 just improved. When GS doen a screenshot comparison, there was hardly any change b/c MP2/MP looked nice enough.

The conduit will be using some efects found on the PS3 and 360. I prefer 30 fps.

umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 umcommon
Member since 2007 • 2503 Posts

After what we've seen I'd say the major things they need to aim for is making the nvironments look as good as the charecters (which I think they will), making sure the 30fps is rock solid and has no drops, making sure the online aspect is flawless. As for a published I think either Nintendo or Activision would show the game the most love.

For The Conduit 2 I'd say they should up the standards and add slip screen multi player and try to get the game up to 60fps with no dips below 30.

movin_target

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31 movin_target
Member since 2005 • 3412 Posts
bloody hell, nothing satisfies fanboys hey?rgame1
We just want a good game that's all :?
jsquared0905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jsquared0905
I don't care if they have to leave the environments as they are at the moment, I want my splitscreen! lol. If they need to sacrifice the graphics a little to have OMG gamplay, so be it. But I guess that would put them in a tight spot with the promise of early 360 graphics. 5-8 months left to work on polishing/multiplayer they better get it done. And the conduit 2 hasn't been confirmed yet, when they said not in this version it may have meant the current build of the game.
Matthew_han

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Matthew_han
O god. I just noticed something. If u watch the video in ign (u no, "This Footage makes us believe"), u can see tat when u switch ur weapons, the gun ur holding just disapears! :(
snowman6251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 snowman6251

O god. I just noticed something. If u watch the video in ign (u no, "This Footage makes us believe"), u can see tat when u switch ur weapons, the gun ur holding just disapears! :(Matthew_han

the fact that I didn't notice this means I also don't care

King-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 King-gamer
Member since 2006 • 5633 Posts

They need to get it to 60 FPS (if possible) and well, no friend codes.

By the way anybody noticed that when you charge the laser gun, it sounds just like Samus' charge beam from Metroid...

ch-ch-chaoguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#36 ch-ch-chaoguy
Member since 2005 • 1106 Posts

Destructible enviroments, particle effects, hi-res bump mapping, bloom lighting.

For physics they should use endorphin, if possible.

CPrince1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 CPrince1000
Member since 2007 • 744 Posts
I'd like co-op
movin_target

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 movin_target
Member since 2005 • 3412 Posts

Destructible enviroments, particle effects, hi-res bump mapping, bloom lighting.

For physics they should use endorphin, if possible.

ch-ch-chaoguy
You're asking for too much :?
Masterx1220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Masterx1220
Member since 2005 • 2426 Posts
the backgrounds need some work. and on the subject of multiplayer a leader board
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17864 Posts

- Aim for 60FPS.
Matthew_han

MP3 had gorgeous art direction. on a techncial level it wasnt much more sophisticated than MP1 or 2 really. areas were about the same size and enemies looked roughly the same (bar a few exceptions). basically retro used the prime engine and had better detailed textures and a crackin art team. 60FPS wouldbt be a problem.

look at the level of technical detail in the conduit in comparison. some of the enemies have shiny surfaces, using the wii shaders to pull it off. MP3 never did that. it has bump mapping and reflectve surfaces in quite a few areas. the animation on some of the bigger enemies is also superior to MP3s. the different guns also look more detailed than MP3s. finally MP3 doesent really use detailed physics. enemies mostly explode when dead..theres no ragdoll physics or anything. i dont know what conduit will be like with loading times and map sizes....but its doing an awful lot more in the background than MP3 ever did (not that im ragging on MP3, its one of my fav games on wii). 30FPS is perfectly acceptable with all that going on imho.

which brings me nicely to the art. yes it needs improving. weapons and big enemies look great. the enviroenment needs work. the car textures in one of those videos were very average and they stud out like a sore thumb. still the games not due till 09 at the earliest....it could just be place holder art. same with physics....its certainly in better shape than what we saw in the first vid a few months back though.

also the sound needs improving imho. the alien weapons sound a bit wimpy.

JAB991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#41 JAB991
Member since 2007 • 6077 Posts
-Addd split-screen multiplayer
jsquared0905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jsquared0905

-Addd split-screen multiplayerJAB991

AMEN to that.

I remember back in the perfect dark days, my two bros and I would make 2 teams. 1 team was us, the other team was the hardest sims we had, dark sims, perfect sims, turtle sims, etc. And we'd kick there butts. Not asking conduit to have sims, but splitscreen has given many a good memories.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 demontium

I don't care if they have to leave the environments as they are at the moment, I want my splitscreen! lol. If they need to sacrifice the graphics a little to have OMG gamplay, so be it. But I guess that would put them in a tight spot with the promise of early 360 graphics. 5-8 months left to work on polishing/multiplayer they better get it done. And the conduit 2 hasn't been confirmed yet, when they said not in this version it may have meant the current build of the game.jsquared0905

Its a matter of framerate. It takes more work to make it run well than people think. I dont think they will have it if they cant get 4 player splitscreen running at 30 FPS. I also hope they can do it and I think they could with the right amount of time. Its so important, maybe even more important than online because the marketing effects are viral. When 1 person has the game and he invites 3 (or if they are smart enough to do LAN many more than 3) friends over and they are impressed they will most likely be prompted to buy it.

marioman50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 marioman50
Member since 2004 • 2267 Posts

- From what we have seen so far (which is half of a single level), it seems that it is very linear. Although that may not be such a problem if they make each new level and area interesting and different, I kinda wanted some multiple paths or some non-linear parts too, you know?Matthew_han

that's not entirely true, I believe from what I saw in the IGN vids, that you can aditionally take the underground sewers.

Matthew_han

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Matthew_han
[QUOTE="Matthew_han"]

- From what we have seen so far (which is half of a single level), it seems that it is very linear. Although that may not be such a problem if they make each new level and area interesting and different, I kinda wanted some multiple paths or some non-linear parts too, you know?marioman50

that's not entirely true, I believe from what I saw in the IGN vids, that you can aditionally take the underground sewers.

um,, you HAD to take the underground sewers, lol

Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts
Local Play (please GOD) more weapons that are cool and unique.

demontium

It needs:

• sims like in Perfect Dark (N64)
  • lots of unique alien weapons, unlockables, destructible stuff,and different kinds of vehicles.
  • no friend codes, good leader boards, a difficulty setting, at least 2 save files, and voice chat with anyone. I can't wait. :)

Matthew_han

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Matthew_han
[QUOTE="demontium"]

60 FPS

Local Play (please GOD)

more weapons that are cool and unique.

Jdog30

Yeah, so split -screen multi player, sims like in Prefect Dark (N64), lots of cool and unique alien weapons, no friend codes (being able to request friends right after you play them), lots and lots of different kinds of vehicles, tones of destructible stuff in the environments (everything they can think of), good leader boards with lots of different things to try to get to rank 1 on (things like total kills gotten on-line, total play time on-line and lots of other things as well), and good voice chat with people not added as friends. I can't wait for this game regardless. :)

there are no veichles unfortunately :(

Matthew_han

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Matthew_han

OH OH!!! I found another disappointing problem. Well, not really a problem but something very odd and unrealistic. I know enemies must disappear when they are killed (in order to maintain the 30 fps and to maintain the teen rating :)), however in the demo, the enemies just faded away. There should be some way that makes sense for them to disappear or something. Like in twilight princess, those dark beasts disappeared on those portal like things cuz they are from the other dimension. How about here the aliens, also know as the "drudge", has a self vaporizing system that activates when they are dead so that the humans cant research about them or something?

also, does anyone have High Voltage/ the conduit's team's email?

jsquared0905

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 jsquared0905

So I thought they were just starting to work on the online but they already have the 16 player online up and running!

http://gonintendo.com/?p=49579

IMO, I would rather they delay the release for splitscreen if they have too. I think it would be unacceptable that I should have to buy 2 more wiis and 2 more TVs just so I could play this game with my brothers and friends. I want local as much as I want online. Online gives me the power to always play the game competitively, but local is where I can get the most fun. I mean, I am the only one with a wii among my friends, and if I want to play this game with them than I should be able too without them paying. If a rushed red steel was able to do it, granted they did not have online, and it was ubi, I still think they should take the time to get splitscreen, and perfect dark ****sims down. That said, I am still going to buy this game and support it no matter what as these guys are putting alot of effort and heart into this game, but no splitscreen=no buy at launch. I mean, it would be pretty lazy of the hardest working 3rd party to not include splitscreen. I think they can get the framerate thing fixed.

I remember in some article I read that they read these forums every now and then, but I forgot where it was, sorry.

Moca92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Moca92
Member since 2006 • 42 Posts
Co-op