The wii version of spiderman 3 is horrible, dont buy it.

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BeauRoger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BeauRoger
Member since 2003 • 1671 Posts

The devs did a horrible job. The framerate is subpar, makes it almost unplayable. The distance draw is a joke. ok, you see the entire city from above, but most of the buildings far away are just BLOCKS without detail, without windows, in a single color. and yes, i mean, draw a block in MS paint, put a color on it, and there you have the far off buildings in the Wii version on spiderman 3. its horrible.

the swinging mechanic is good though, with the controllers and all, the concept is great, the animations are great and such, but it doesnt matter since the game is almost unplayable. they have added a few "next gen" effects, like the lightning on buildings, on npcs, on spidey, and some other things that werent seen in spider-man 2. spiderman himself has a ton more polygons than any version of spiderman 2. but thats about it, i would say that overall, the gc version of spiderman 2 looks alot better than spiderman 3 on wii. the devs tried to get some "next" gen effects and polygons in the wii version, which they did, but they failed at everything else. they did a horrible job. sub par framerate, horrible pop-ins, far off detail is non existant, etc etc. and the blockyness starts aboud 200 yards from spidey. dont buy this game, dont support such sloppy development. the framerate and loadtimes makes it unplayable, while the poor pop-in details and distance draw problems ruins the mood. its a shame though, cause the control scheme held lots of promise.

BeauRoger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 BeauRoger

The devs did a horrible job. The framerate is subpar, makes it almost unplayable. The distance draw is a joke. ok, you see the entire city from above, but most of the buildings far away are just BLOCKS without detail, without windows, in a single color. and yes, i mean, draw a block in MS paint, put a color on it, and there you have the far off buildings in the Wii version on spiderman 3. its horrible.

the swinging mechanic is good though, with the controllers and all, the concept is great, the animations are great and such, but it doesnt matter since the game is almost unplayable. they have added a few "next gen" effects, like the lightning on buildings, on npcs, on spidey, and some other things that werent seen in spider-man 2. spiderman himself has a ton more polygons than any version of spiderman 2. but thats about it, i would say that overall, the gc version of spiderman 2 looks alot better than spiderman 3 on wii. the devs tried to get some "next" gen effects and polygons in the wii version, which they did, but they failed at everything else. they did a horrible job. sub par framerate, horrible pop-ins, far off detail is non existant, etc etc. and the blockyness starts aboud 200 yards from spidey. dont buy this game, dont support such sloppy development. the framerate and loadtimes makes it unplayable, while the poor pop-in details and distance draw problems ruins the mood. its a shame though, cause the control scheme held lots of promise.

Most people didnt even intend on buying it perhaps, but this is just a warning from a fellow wii-fan. those who wanted or at least considered to buy the game, dont.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
i really was looking foward to this one, ill probably rent it anyway.
kwahhn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kwahhn
Member since 2007 • 326 Posts
Ha, I knew it.
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts
Thanks.
quetzalcoatl45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 quetzalcoatl45
Member since 2005 • 1850 Posts

I dont care, Im Still buying 3 copies of this.

We have to show our love to Third Partys, it does not matter how bad a game is, we MUST buy it to show Dev. that third partys are weclome.

Anyone who say's otherwise.......you suck and are sony fanboys. 

Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts

We have to show our love to Third Partys, it does not matter how bad a game is, we MUST buy it to show Dev. that third partys are weclome.

quetzalcoatl45

:shock:

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

quetzalcoatl45

... you do realize if people buy the crappy games, Developers will think its ok to put out trash because it will sell.

we should do the OPPOSITE, and not buy the craptastic games.

Huxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Huxx
Member since 2007 • 52 Posts

three copies! Im glad you can afford that...

No, we cannot buy the games because that feeds the crap that they are trying to give us! The messge you are sending out is: "Hey, we are desperate, I will buy crap games just to show you we care, welcome to the Wii matey!"  Feedback needs to be strongly given saying: "Yes, the game was bad but alas it showed promise with the controls.  Try again and stop giving us mediocre crap".  You have the wrong frame of mind, and no i am not a sony fan boy, it annoys me that people think that as soon as they turn against the Wii in one instance they are 'SONY FAN BOYS!!111", grow up and get some balls.

Avatar image for mariomusicmaker
mariomusicmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 mariomusicmaker
Member since 2006 • 1426 Posts
i got up at 8 to buy this junk... lets just say my review wont be to nice... and quetzalcoatl45.... grow up... just grow up some day soon please...
BeauRoger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BeauRoger
i got up at 8 to buy this junk... lets just say my review wont be to nice... and quetzalcoatl45.... grow up... just grow up some day soon please...mariomusicmaker
it was the same for you? because i gotta say, i was worried for a while that i had a defective wii.
StarkJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 StarkJJ
Member since 2004 • 534 Posts

That's too bad because the SpiderMan games on the GC weren't all that bad.  If devs can develop decentgames for the GC..why can't they for the Wii?

BeauRoger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BeauRoger

That's too bad because the SpiderMan games on the GC weren't all that bad. If devs can develop decentgames for the GC..why can't they for the Wii?

StarkJJ

its not the same developers. treyarch, the guys who did spiderman 2 for all previous gen consoles, were in charge of the 360 and ps3 versions of spiderman 3, and some other developer handeled ps2 and wii. they basically mimiced what they could of treyarch and then removed lots and such. 

ozzsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ozzsoad
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts
So lets get this straight, it controls really well, but you say not to get it because of the graphics? You could say the same thing say about this game about The Godfather yet that's a good game, despite choppy graphics and sluggish framerates. Lets hear something else about the game other than how it looks...
ozzsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ozzsoad
So lets get this straight, it controls really well, but you say not to get it because of the graphics? You could say the same thing you said about this game about The Godfather yet that's a good game, despite choppy graphics and sluggish framerates. Lets hear something else about the game other than how it looks...
oback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 oback
Member since 2004 • 7151 Posts
i think any spiderman 3 game is gunna suck
adolson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 adolson
Member since 2006 • 554 Posts

quetzalcoatl45

I used to agree with you, but I own 19 Wii games and I don't know how many VC games, and of the 19, there are very few gems. I think I'm done buying the lame, inferior ports, and my money is better spent on games worth the money.

BeauRoger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BeauRoger

So lets get this straight, it controls really well, but you say not to get it because of the graphics? You could say the same thing you said about this game about The Godfather yet that's a good game, despite choppy graphics and sluggish framerates. Lets hear something else about the game other than how it looks...ozzsoad

ok, then buy it. dont come complaining when you cant play it because the framerate is too bad, or that it ruins the appeal when anything 200 yards away from you looks like it was done in MS paint. and im not exagerating. its not so much that i care about graphics, the godfather i enjoyed, but in this case it really ruins the game, because you cant get into it, the technical aspects simply wont allow you, it feels like alpha stage.. its that bad dude. wii can do so much better than this, im satisfied with wiis grapical capabilites, but this game is worthless. 

kwahhn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kwahhn
Member since 2007 • 326 Posts

wii can do so much better than this, im satisfied with wiis grapical capabilites, but this game is worthless. ozzsoad

Agreed. I'm not pissed about the lack of graphical power. I'm upset with the half-ass efforts coming out of the developer'e rear. Then again, it's a game based off of a movie. I expected this to suck right off the bat. Developers wanted to make a quick buck off of the movie hype. Huge surprise.

ozzsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ozzsoad

[QUOTE="ozzsoad"]So lets get this straight, it controls really well, but you say not to get it because of the graphics? You could say the same thing you said about this game about The Godfather yet that's a good game, despite choppy graphics and sluggish framerates. Lets hear something else about the game other than how it looks...BeauRoger

ok, then buy it. dont come complaining when you cant play it because the framerate is too bad, or that it ruins the appeal when anything 200 yards away from you looks like it was done in MS paint. and im not exagerating. its not so much that i care about graphics, the godfather i enjoyed, but in this case it really ruins the game, because you cant get into it, the technical aspects simply wont allow you, it feels like alpha stage.. its that bad dude. wii can do so much better than this, im satisfied with wiis grapical capabilites, but this game is worthless. 

I've never really considered to buy it in the first place, I just like to know about new releases. Reading your review which consists of a breif few words about how the controls are good and then two large paragraphs about how the graphics suck, just doesn't help me out here.
tim4rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tim4rd
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts
awww man i was looking forward to this. godfather will be my next probably but i still need sonic and excite truck
Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts
Thanks for the review there, I am actually getting it for PC.
tomgman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tomgman
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I'll stick with the cinema. I'm gonna get Mario Super Charged though.

ONLINE PLAY - WOOP WOOP 

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

You thought a mive tie-in game would be good?

That's your fault 

ZeroDemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#26 ZeroDemo
Member since 2006 • 1026 Posts

Most people didnt even intend on buying it perhaps, but this is just a warning from a fellow wii-fan. those who wanted or at least considered to buy the game, dont.

BeauRoger

Been playing games since I was 8. I think I can tell a bad game from a good one. Even when everyone has their own taste.

This is a good game. Not a bad one. Not at all.

And framerate problems? Dude....might not be 60fps, but it's absolutely not bad lol...

I love this game:|

theICE_MAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 theICE_MAN
Member since 2007 • 538 Posts
crap now im conflicted....

SOMEONE WHO'S JOB IS TO REVIEW GAMES REVIEW IT!!!!
BeauRoger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BeauRoger
[QUOTE="BeauRoger"]

Most people didnt even intend on buying it perhaps, but this is just a warning from a fellow wii-fan. those who wanted or at least considered to buy the game, dont.

ZeroDemo

Been playing games since I was 8. I think I can tell a bad game from a good one. Even when everyone has their own taste.

And framerate problems? Dude....might not be 60fps, but it's absolutely not bad lol...

ok, well can you confirm at least that the framerate is far from good and that everything more than 200 yards away are simple one colored blocks? im beginning to think that i have a defective wii:( its that bad 

aransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 aransom
Member since 2002 • 7408 Posts
I'm so suprised that people have bad things to say about this game, because movie tie-ins have such a great track record of being good.
jukieuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 jukieuk
Member since 2006 • 940 Posts

I'm so suprised that people have bad things to say about this game, because movie tie-ins have such a great track record of being good.aransom

was hoping this would be ace, gutted.

sdcseg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 sdcseg
Member since 2003 • 44 Posts

This is the first Review I have found so far.

http://wii.gamezone.com/gzreviews/r24185.htm  8.0

Let's get with the program Gamespot.  We know you have an advanced copy and if you didn't, then you should have been playing this at 12:10 am after you got home from purchasing it.

fleig_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 fleig_man
Member since 2006 • 858 Posts
I got the game this morning and I am enjoying it so far
p_angelofdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 p_angelofdeath
Member since 2006 • 121 Posts
[QUOTE="BeauRoger"]

Most people didnt even intend on buying it perhaps, but this is just a warning from a fellow wii-fan. those who wanted or at least considered to buy the game, dont.

ZeroDemo

THANKS A LOT i will keep looking forward by myself. 

Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#34 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts

I really appreciate your interest, but sorry, when someone come yelling "...Don't do...!" or "...Do...!" something, is hard to "obbey" without opposition.

I still prefer a recommendation and I'm a great Spidey fan, so it really don't help if you put your comments in such an excited way.

Furthermore, you know the game is gonna sell like hotcakes because the movie had attracted so many interest and, after all, is a movie-game you're talking about. Even Happy Feet sold after all the reviewers said their words.

Regards

ShadyNinjaMan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ShadyNinjaMan1
Member since 2007 • 1448 Posts

That's your fault

Nuck81

Normally I would say that's true, but Spider Man 2 was great, so I expected Spider Man 3 would be the same, but I guess I thought wrong.

Well, let's hope the movie isn't as bad as the game.... 

MLJ28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MLJ28
Member since 2003 • 3690 Posts
I rented it this morning and have been playing it for the last two hours.  I don't see any framerate issues or graphics problems.  In fact, I think the graphics are pretty great, far better than most Wii titles currently available anyway. All the buildings look quite detailed, IMO, even the ones far away.   I'm enjoying this game quite a lot.  The web-swinging controls are awesome!
jessiejames21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jessiejames21
Member since 2007 • 33 Posts
got this game this morning and i have got to say its brill, the controls work really well in particular the web swinging and the motion control in combat never gets boring. 6 hours in and i would give this game 9 out of ten, i didnt find the graphics bad the interior sections are very sharp and clean. pick it up its the most fun i have had on wii since zelda.
jbrittain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 jbrittain
Member since 2002 • 2151 Posts
Yeah, there's a lot of conflicting statements out there.  I'm going to have to see this game in action myself before I make a judgement call.  If the framerate is at least 30fps then I'm all good.  I will probably play the 360 version too though, because I really enjoyed Spiderman 1 & 2, and part 3 on the 360 is made by the same dev... plus I want the achievement points.
LuIsSiUl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LuIsSiUl
Member since 2004 • 1935 Posts

[QUOTE="ozzsoad"]So lets get this straight, it controls really well, but you say not to get it because of the graphics? You could say the same thing you said about this game about The Godfather yet that's a good game, despite choppy graphics and sluggish framerates. Lets hear something else about the game other than how it looks...BeauRoger

exactly, the thing that made spiderman 2 such a good game was that you could see all the city from the empire state, so if a a next gen game does a crappy work with the graphics then blow it off, I KNOW it´s not about the graphics, BUT we know the wii can get some really great graphics then why do we conform ourselves with really low crappy graphic games, i also know wii´s graphics can´t compare with ps3 and xbox 360 but they are far more supperior than ps2 gc or xbox´s graphics so developers should focus on doing a decent graphic game for the wii and then PORT it to the last gen consoles not otherwise like they´re doing it!!! 

SnipeyMcSnipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SnipeyMcSnipe
Member since 2006 • 2010 Posts
Your lack of paragraphs and tendency of repetition annoys me, but your point stands. Thats why when non-exclusive games skank themselves to every system I usually get the 360 version.
NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts

lol I always knew it would suck...

grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#42 grafkhun
Member since 2006 • 12827 Posts
why did you buy a liscenced game in the 1st place? your mistake...
reggie186

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#43 reggie186
Member since 2004 • 3910 Posts
I just got it, and I think it's actually pretty good. I don't notice any of the framerate issues...
FunWithMatches

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 FunWithMatches
Member since 2005 • 250 Posts
[QUOTE="Nuck81"]

That's your fault

ShadyNinjaMan1

Normally I would say that's true, but Spider Man 2 was great, so I expected Spider Man 3 would be the same, but I guess I thought wrong.

Well, let's hope the movie isn't as bad as the game.... 

Oh don't worry...the movie is horrible too. Venom...the arch nemesis of Spiderman is only on screen for the last half hour or so of the movie, and you get about 2 close up shots on him. He comes off as being a side character. Now I can't speak for the game, but if it is anything like the movie, then I won't touch it with a 10 foot pole. Everything that made the first two movies great was pretty much erased from this version. Oh and Peter Parker has a dance number when he turns evil. I wonder if there will be a DDR style mini game. In all honesty though, I'm sure the game has cool elements. I mean the controls looked pretty wicked and the addition of more bad guys will certainly help. Honestly I think it is time to let Spidey find a web in an attic and take a few years off. End Rant.

Tlahui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Tlahui
Member since 2005 • 1552 Posts
If you like have assed games and have money to waste, go ahead and by a 50 dollar case with crap inside and a **** I really dont have money to be buying Mediocre and even good games. I allways just buy la creme de la creme games, olny the best out there, because, 50 dollars is too much to spend on games like spiderman3. If you buy it and like it, Im happy for you, but I know this game is crap for MY standards.
Ollivander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ollivander
Member since 2005 • 1975 Posts
This is a good game. Come on, the control is tight as hell. Some of the best I've seen so far. Sure the framerate isn't amazing but it's adequate don't listen to this guy about being unplayable.
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

If you like have assed games and have money to waste, go ahead and by a 50 dollar case with crap inside and a **** I really dont have money to be buying Mediocre and even good games. I allways just buy la creme de la creme games, olny the best out there, because, 50 dollars is too much to spend on games like spiderman3. If you buy it and like it, Im happy for you, but I know this game is crap for MY standards.Tlahui

nice MGS4 avvy...that doesn't make you seem biased at all....

ill probably still get this to be honest, want a new game, trading in Zelda (completed twice see no point in it now) for this

BeauRoger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BeauRoger

I rented it this morning and have been playing it for the last two hours. I don't see any framerate issues or graphics problems. In fact, I think the graphics are pretty great, far better than most Wii titles currently available anyway. All the buildings look quite detailed, IMO, even the ones far away. I'm enjoying this game quite a lot. The web-swinging controls are awesome! MLJ28

are you sure? because to me, everything is ugly, framerate is choppy, things pop into screen way to late, anything more than 150 yards away are just single-colored blocks, the framerate is very choppy, etc etc. i mean, nobody could not notice what im seeing. perhaps i have a defective wii or something?:(
quetzalcoatl45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#49 quetzalcoatl45
Member since 2005 • 1850 Posts

[QUOTE="MLJ28"]I rented it this morning and have been playing it for the last two hours. I don't see any framerate issues or graphics problems. In fact, I think the graphics are pretty great, far better than most Wii titles currently available anyway. All the buildings look quite detailed, IMO, even the ones far away. I'm enjoying this game quite a lot. The web-swinging controls are awesome! BeauRoger

are you sure? because to me, everything is ugly, framerate is choppy, things pop into screen way to late, anything more than 150 yards away are just single-colored blocks, the framerate is very choppy, etc etc. i mean, nobody could not notice what im seeing. perhaps i have a defective wii or something?:(

No, I did too.

My Frame rate was Garbage.

that was jsut one reason why i took it back at noon after buying it at 7am.

And, according to the clerk, Every copie of SM3 they sold this morning has been Returned, the reason everyone gave when returning it? "it Suck's".

Well i got 2 Used Gamecube game's in it's place. 

Skullheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Skullheart
Member since 2006 • 2054 Posts

BeauRoger

Any Spiderman 3 game is horrible. Just like all the other Spiderman games. They're based off movies, so they automatically suck (it's a rule of life).Â