The SSBB News Has Been A Lil...LAME LATELY!!!!

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

OnlineGama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 OnlineGama
Member since 2006 • 693 Posts

^TOPIC^ and dont u agree!? i mean all the stuff for the last 2 weeks hasnt been interesting at all i mean c'mon they wasted 1 days worth of news telling us how to get back on the plate forms of a stage when we fall offf!? wth is that!? i wanna see soemthing good like more new stages, the controls for the new ways of playing, some cool gameplay fotooge a FREAKEN REALESE DATE!!!!!! and some nice lil interviews wouldnt be so bad either... but the SSBB info theve been passing on as "NEW NEWS" is BS because all that stuff besides the new weapons, stages, music and the controls that they confirmed that is usable, has been LAME NEWS!!!!

Im sorry but c'mon Nintendo stop waisting out time with OBVIOUSE NEWS and start giving us news we want...

(PLZ & THANX U)

kingsy_the_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 kingsy_the_one
Member since 2003 • 4354 Posts

^TOPIC^ and dont u agree!? i mean all the stuff for the last 2 weeks hasnt been interesting at all i mean c'mon they wasted 1 days worth of news telling us how to get back on the plate forms of a stage when we fall offf!? wth is that!? i wanna see soemthing good like more new stages, the controls for the new ways of playing, some cool gameplay fotooge a FREAKEN REALESE DATE!!!!!! and some nice lil interviews wouldnt be so bad either... but the SSBB info theve been passing on as "NEW NEWS" is BS because all that stuff besides the new weapons, stages, music and the controls that they confirmed that is usable, has been LAME NEWS!!!!

Im sorry but c'mon Nintendo stop waisting out time with OBVIOUSE NEWS and start giving us news we want...

(PLZ & THANX U)

OnlineGama

Um, give it time..?
cyprus646

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 cyprus646
Member since 2004 • 4070 Posts

He is giving us daily updates ever week and people still complain about it :roll: Were lucky to get this I mean out of the big 3 this game is the only one thats releasing details on the game. If yo dont like the updates then dont visit the site plain and simple as that.

kwahhn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kwahhn
Member since 2007 • 326 Posts
I don't think they will finish this game before 07. To me, the updates are more like "here's what we just finished" details. And if that's all stuff they just finished, well, then we're in for a long wait guys and gals.
shroomba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 shroomba
Member since 2005 • 34 Posts

They're releasing info on a daily basis...why would you think they aren't close to, if not completely, finished with the game? If they had a lot of tweaking to do, I don't think that they would give themselves a limited timeframe by consistently releasing info. My guess is that we get a firm release date at E3.

And to answer the initial question, some of the stuff has been a little lame, but they have to put out the things we already know in orde to be comprehensive on the site. You have to assume not everyone who visits the site has seen all the trailers. In general, I think they've been doing a really good job of mixing new, exciting information with the things that have already been released.

k_smoove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#6 k_smoove
Member since 2006 • 11954 Posts

(PLZ & THANX U)

OnlineGama

Anyway, a new character that we knew would return, but was never shown in any trailers? That's bad? Awesome medley of awesome songs from an awesome game? Lame? No!

The reason the Zelda update is good is because it shows that the website can and most likely will reveal returning characters that otherwise had no confirmation. Who knows, we may see Bowser soon (I'm interested to see if he's cartoony like in Mario games or realistic like in SSBM, but I don't like playing as him).

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
im actually content with the news. its good that we dont get an overload of stuff. Plus, it makes me look foward to E3 and beyond.
k_smoove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#8 k_smoove
Member since 2006 • 11954 Posts

I don't think they will finish this game before 07. To me, the updates are more like "here's what we just finished" details. And if that's all stuff they just finished, well, then we're in for a long wait guys and gals.kwahhn

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/supersmashbros/news.html?sid=6171394&om_act=convert&om_clk=newsfeatures&tag=newsfeatures;title;1

soulsdeparting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 soulsdeparting
Member since 2006 • 1537 Posts

I don't think they will finish this game before 07. To me, the updates are more like "here's what we just finished" details. And if that's all stuff they just finished, well, then we're in for a long wait guys and gals.kwahhn

it isnt what they just finished, its what they decided to tell us

Morgario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Morgario
Member since 2005 • 2534 Posts

The OoT medley is genius, I can't stop listening to it.

Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Sonick54
Member since 2005 • 7947 Posts
want some cheeze with that whine TC?
bigcalkenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#14 bigcalkenobi
Member since 2006 • 1297 Posts
We are really lucky they decided to tell us anything. Sure some of them are a little stupid, but thats for people who haven't played much smash before hand. We really can't expect anything BIG until something like E3. I was actually suprised they told us about the controls they were using. They are putting in new stuff that we are all wnat ing to know like stages and music (that OoT song is awesome). THey also reconfirmed that Zelda was a usable character, which is now showing that they may be adding more characters to the list that haven't been annouced. No matter how dumb the updates seem to be sometimes, I really like that they are telling us something, rather than nothing. If you want big news, wait for E3.
kwahhn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kwahhn

[QUOTE="kwahhn"]I don't think they will finish this game before 07. To me, the updates are more like "here's what we just finished" details. And if that's all stuff they just finished, well, then we're in for a long wait guys and gals.k_smoove

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/supersmashbros/news.html?sid=6171394&om_act=convert&om_clk=newsfeatures&tag=newsfeatures;title;1

All lies. Wasn't MP3 supposed to be released the same time the Wii was? Wasn't Online play supposed to be available in the first quarter of 07? They can confirm all they want for 07, but until I see it on the shelves, I won't believe a word Nintendo say.

Also, releasing SSBB on Dec 31st 07 at 11:59PM would still fall under Nintendo's confirmation of releasing it within the year.

Morgario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Morgario

Going by your logic Kirby, Meta Knight and Snake haven't been finished, but we've seen them in the trailers sooo...

fleig_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 fleig_man
Member since 2006 • 858 Posts
I like the news, now that I know Zelda is in the game again is great I played with her all the time (no sexual pun intended)
kwahhn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kwahhn

[QUOTE="kwahhn"]I don't think they will finish this game before 07. To me, the updates are more like "here's what we just finished" details. And if that's all stuff they just finished, well, then we're in for a long wait guys and gals.Morgario

Going by your logic Kirby, Meta Knight and Snake haven't been finished, but we've seen them in the trailers sooo...

We've seen a created animation of them in the trailer. We haven't seen or heard anyone actually playing those characters.

quetzalcoatl45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 quetzalcoatl45
Member since 2005 • 1850 Posts
Be happy were even getting news, before we had NO new info for MONTHS, now get get it 5 days a week......................
Altriak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 Altriak
Member since 2003 • 92 Posts
[QUOTE="Morgario"]

[QUOTE="kwahhn"]I don't think they will finish this game before 07. To me, the updates are more like "here's what we just finished" details. And if that's all stuff they just finished, well, then we're in for a long wait guys and gals.kwahhn

We've seen a created animation of them in the trailer. We haven't seen or heard anyone actually playing those characters.

Eh? The second video of game play where those three were used must've been an illusion.

kwahhn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kwahhn
[QUOTE="kwahhn"][QUOTE="Morgario"]

[QUOTE="kwahhn"]I don't think they will finish this game before 07. To me, the updates are more like "here's what we just finished" details. And if that's all stuff they just finished, well, then we're in for a long wait guys and gals.Altriak

Eh? The second video of game play where those three were used must've been an illusion.

Exactly. Now you get it. Isn't it funny that's the only game play video we've seen in several months.

Morgario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Morgario
[QUOTE="Morgario"]

[QUOTE="kwahhn"]I don't think they will finish this game before 07. To me, the updates are more like "here's what we just finished" details. And if that's all stuff they just finished, well, then we're in for a long wait guys and gals.kwahhn

Do you really think they're updating the site as they create each new element? That's just not how games are made, they separate each task and assign a team to it e.g. art/design, modelling/rendering etc. they don't just work on one element (character or stage) at a time.

Avatar image for DrummerDude1010
DrummerDude1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 DrummerDude1010
Member since 2007 • 891 Posts
Ok, well, would you rather be run dry of any super smash brothers news and have them release it all at once? That would be torture for me.
RogerC44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 70

#24 RogerC44
Member since 2006 • 2504 Posts

He is giving us daily updates ever week and people still complain about it :roll: Were lucky to get this I mean out of the big 3 this game is the only one thats releasing details on the game. If yo dont like the updates then dont visit the site plain and simple as that.

cyprus646

Well said.

Altriak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Altriak
[QUOTE="Altriak"][QUOTE="kwahhn"][QUOTE="Morgario"]

Exactly. Now you get it. Isn't it funny that's the only game play video we've seen in several months.

:| I'm lost. The gameplay video shows that those three characters are finished, and have been for quite some time...the fact that it was released months ago is irrelevant.

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#26 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts

Look, as long as it has online play, that's the biggest thing I'm caring about.

That feature in SSBB is the biggest reason I bought the Wii. **** that homo Link and his Zelda game, **** those bastardized Ubisoft games since they can't be bothered to give a **** about making a proper game for a nintendo system anymore, **** pokemon battle revolution, **** everything out of EA's doors... THIS IS THE GAME I've wanted the Wii for.

Online play is the only thing that could have made Melee any more perfect than it already was. And now that Nintendo has booted that psycho Iwata's ass out of office and put in reggie, we'd better freaking get it.

Avatar image for nishamuffypuppy
nishamuffypuppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#27 nishamuffypuppy
Member since 2004 • 5731 Posts
It's still better than nothing... -_-
jmangafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jmangafan
Member since 2004 • 1933 Posts

Look, as long as it has online play, that's the biggest thing I'm caring about.

That feature in SSBB is the biggest reason I bought the Wii. **** that homo Link and his Zelda game, **** those bastardized Ubisoft games since they can't be bothered to give a **** about making a proper game for a nintendo system anymore, **** pokemon battle revolution, **** everything out of EA's doors... THIS IS THE GAME I've wanted the Wii for.

Online play is the only thing that could have made Melee any more perfect than it already was. And now that Nintendo has booted that psycho Iwata's ass out of office and put in reggie, we'd better freaking get it.

codezer0

*Shanks*

"Booted that psycho Iwata's assout". Do you even have the slightest of clues as to what you're talking about?

kwahhn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kwahhn
[QUOTE="kwahhn"][QUOTE="Altriak"][QUOTE="kwahhn"][QUOTE="Morgario"]

[QUOTE="kwahhn"]I don't think they will finish this game before 07. To me, the updates are more like "here's what we just finished" details. And if that's all stuff they just finished, well, then we're in for a long wait guys and gals.Altriak

:| I'm lost. The gameplay video shows that those three characters are finished, and have been for quite some time...the fact that it was released months ago is irrelevant.

Seeing that video doesn't mean those characters are finished.

Look, here's what I'm accusing Nintendo of doing: They created a gameplay video using the dev kit for the previous GC Smash Bros. game, added a few rendered animations. When we saw this months and months ago, this give us the impression that the game was well within production. I think the video was produced begin the hype for the game.

If that's what they did, I don't hold any ill will towards Nintendo, but it did give us a little false hope as to how much of the game was actually completed.

These little snipets we're seeing are parts that are getting completed by an actually Wii Dev kit and not something that has been finished for months.

Again, I'm a little unsure of an 07 release, but I just want Nintendo to get it right rather than early. That's all I'm going to say about this.

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 codezer0
"Booted that psycho Iwata's assout". Do you even have the slightest of clues as to what you're talking about?jmangafan
YES. Iwata is the douche bag that freaking killed the gamecube! "people don't want online," what a **** ****! :evil:
kakashi552

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kakashi552
Member since 2006 • 501 Posts
it should be noted that the smashbros dojo is currently in six different languages (or seven, depends on how u view it) and that they are still working on the game. more news in the dojo would mean less time working, and a longer time until release.
Altriak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Altriak
[QUOTE="Altriak"][QUOTE="kwahhn"][QUOTE="Altriak"][QUOTE="kwahhn"][QUOTE="Morgario"]

Look, here's what I'm accusing Nintendo of doing: They created a gameplay video using the dev kit for the previous GC Smash Bros. game, added a few rendered animations. When we saw this months and months ago, this give us the impression that the game was well within production. I think the video was produced begin the hype for the game.

If that's what they did, I don't hold any ill will towards Nintendo, but it did give us a little false hope as to how much of the game was actually completed.

These little snipets we're seeing are parts that are getting completed by an actually Wii Dev kit and not something that has been finished for months.

Again, I'm a little unsure of an 07 release, but I just want Nintendo to get it right rather than early. That's all I'm going to say about this.

Well, you COULD say that the updates on the page arne't necessarily "finished" either and are simply "rendered" as well. Either way, I still enjoy getting new information, which is the point of your original post I suppose :) Whether they say Zelda or *insert character here* is in it with or without "rendered" screenshots doesn't matter to me. It's new info!
gotgame91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 gotgame91
Member since 2005 • 7460 Posts
Not lame one bit, Sakurai isn't going to reveal all of Brawl's best secrets within a week.
GFXBayleef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GFXBayleef
Member since 2005 • 4290 Posts

Nintendo fanboys can be the worst kind sometimes, honestly. You wait around for a year since E3 2006 asking for Super Smash Bros. Brawl this and that, and when the best possible answer to your questions, a site with weekday updates, is created you whine and moan about how it's not good enough.

Give the site time. There have already been plenty of good updates, and there will be even more to come at E3 which is in only two weeks.

googledotman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 googledotman
Member since 2006 • 843 Posts
[QUOTE="OnlineGama"]

(PLZ & THANX U)

k_smoove

Anyway, a new character that we knew would return, but was never shown in any trailers? That's bad? Awesome medley of awesome songs from an awesome game? Lame? No!

The reason the Zelda update is good is because it shows that the website can and most likely will reveal returning characters that otherwise had no confirmation. Who knows, we may see Bowser soon (I'm interested to see if he's cartoony like in Mario games or realistic like in SSBM, but I don't like playing as him).

TDLlama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TDLlama
Member since 2006 • 2779 Posts

The tidbits we've been getting are a "lil lame" and maybe they could throw us a bone... but it doesn't bother me that much. Nintendo doesn't want to give us the complete character list at once, or every new weapon at once, or every new arena at one time. A little suspense is fine... over the course of the next few months, there will be a number of amazing details coming out... some we anticipated, like maybe that Sonic rumor? Some that's out of the blue and completely unexpected... or something you expected, but it's still new to the series.

I'm still happy about the multiple controller schemes... now I won't have to worry about not having enough controllers.

ranman1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#37 ranman1990
Member since 2006 • 295 Posts
yea ,,,, why doesnt he just stop givin us news overall ... who cares what you think you know what will be on the game or not . I think we should all feel gifted that hes doing this site over his own time .
MuereLoco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MuereLoco
Member since 2007 • 416 Posts
Are you joking? The recent music has been orgasmic.
Linkthedueler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Linkthedueler
Member since 2003 • 4389 Posts

Are you joking? The recent music has been orgasmic.MuereLoco

Thats a GREAT word for it!

MuereLoco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MuereLoco
Member since 2007 • 416 Posts

[QUOTE="MuereLoco"]Are you joking? The recent music has been orgasmic.Linkthedueler

Thats a GREAT word for it!

Lol... =)

jmangafan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jmangafan
Member since 2004 • 1933 Posts

YES. Iwata is the douche bag that freaking killed the gamecube! "people don't want online," what a **** ****! :evil:
codezer0

You are aware that until recently, Reggie was only the VP of Sales in North America. Now he's the President of NOA. Satoru Iwata is still the head of Nintendo of Japan (which just means the head guy in general). And as far as "killing the Gamecube" Iwata was largely responsible for regainingmuch of the 3rd party support that the N64 had lost, such as Square-Enix, Konami,and Capcom.

Being angry that you didn't get to play online is one thing, senselessly hating on something you don't fully understand is another.

stevenk4k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 stevenk4k5
Member since 2005 • 5608 Posts
They could always... ya know... stop giving us any news at all. Oh wait, that wouldn't work because then you'd just complain even more! Why is it so hard to please people these days?
Avatar image for Hungry_Homer111
Hungry_Homer111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#43 Hungry_Homer111
Member since 2005 • 22479 Posts

We're lucky to get any info at all on the game. And I thought that they would just give us stupid news until E3 anyway, so I'm surprised at how good some of the news actually is. I didn't expect them to reveal the controllers used in the gameuntil E3, and thought that they would just "reveal" the characters that we already know about from the trailers, so I was surprised when they announced Zelda yesterday. Also, consider the fact that the website isn't just for the people who have played the game before. It's also to let people know what the game is about, and get them excited about the game too. Sure, we knew about jumping back to the main stage, but other people who haven't played the first two games don't know about that, and it helps to give them more info about the game. If you're not happy with the news, wait two weeks until E3.

Morgario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Morgario
[QUOTE="Altriak"][QUOTE="kwahhn"][QUOTE="Altriak"][QUOTE="kwahhn"][QUOTE="Morgario"]

What are you basing this on? Do you really think a game that's been in development for nearly 2 years would be so incomplete? 9 characters, 4 stages and 4 items in 2 years? Wow Sakurai's team must really be slacking lol :roll:.

Goten_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#45 Goten_king
Member since 2004 • 4327 Posts

He is not releasing stuff once they just finish it. This game has been probably close to done for some time. They are just adding more stuff, working on online, and finalizing more characters probably. I'm sure they have the roster set, models made, levels started, and items done. Its just a matter of polishing everything up A LOT... (thats my guess)
ryustruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ryustruck
Member since 2005 • 3016 Posts
[QUOTE="Altriak"][QUOTE="kwahhn"][QUOTE="Morgario"]

i love how you just have to doubt everything. Halo 3 was supposed to release last year, now its got a definitive date, theres been a steady stream of info. Now your telling me that Brawl won't be released this year, that that gameplay video was completley fake, and that the "updates" are nothing more than "This is what we did today" ?

if i met you in real life id probably hang you from a flagpole because i have no tolerance for morons.

redflagwaving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 redflagwaving
Member since 2006 • 908 Posts
At least we get news. Besides, they announced the Lylat Cruise and Zelda. That's pretty cool.
Guckyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48 Guckyy
Member since 2007 • 1227 Posts

(PLZ & THANX U)

OnlineGama

oK, If you're saying lately it's been lame, then why are you talking about an update that was released 20 days ago? You want more new stages? They gave us one Friday. Yesterday, we got a new character (well an old character that wasn't confirmed), and today we had an epic music track thing. Some people like knowing what moves their favorite chacters would have last week.
And yes, I did vote for "you should be lucky we get these updates".

codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 codezer0
You are aware that until recently, Reggie was only the VP of Sales in North America. Now he's the President of NOA. Satoru Iwata is still the head of Nintendo of Japan (which just means the head guy in general). And as far as "killing the Gamecube" Iwata was largely responsible for regainingmuch of the 3rd party support that the N64 had lost, such as Square-Enix, Konami,and Capcom.

Being angry that you didn't get to play online is one thing, senselessly hating on something you don't fully understand is another.jmangafan

Excuse me?

Nintendo was promising us that games like Mario Kart: Double Dash and Kirby's Air Ride were going to have online, and they didn't. All they gave us was LAN to use the broadband adapters with.

Nintendo had been hyping up about the broadband/LAN adapter for the GameCube for a long time before the GameCube was even out. And when did they finally release it? When Sega's PSO came out. The only games that actually had any online support for the GameCube was PSO v1/2 and PSO v3. That's it.

Iwata was and is the douche most famous for the "people don't want online" statement. It was about as damaging to the GameCube's image as Kutaragi's "PS3 overpriced? more like PS3 is underpriced!" and other dangerous statements that helped hurt the systems' image.

Free Radical (when it came to developing Timesplitters: Future Perfect) wanted to get online support in the multiplatform release of their game. They mentioned very publicly how they were literally on their knees BEGGING Nintendo for access to the network code needed to make the LAN/modem adapters to work with online play for the console. And how Nintendo had flatly denied them every single time. As a result, the PS2 and Xbox versions got to enjoy online play, and where it could have been possible for GameCube players to play, we didn't.

There were even rumblings about a game in Japan that was supposed to not only have online, but where one could setup a gamecube with a copy of the game to be a dedicated server so that other players could join in and play as well. But of course that got cancelled too, as well as any semblance of the game coming out stateside.

The reason that the GC never got the NFL 2k series from Sega was again because Nintendo couldn't be bothered to provide that netcode needed to support online play. And because even in their dev blogs at the time, they said that Nintendo doesn't seem to want to be online. And who do we have to thank for that **** up? Iwata.

So yes, I blame him for a lot, and he deserves more. These are but a semblance of games that were basically either ruined or outright cancelled because of Iwata's narcissistic attitude.

kwahhn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 kwahhn

[QUOTE="kwahhn"]I don't think they will finish this game before 07. To me, the updates are more like "here's what we just finished" details. And if that's all stuff they just finished, well, then we're in for a long wait guys and gals.ryustruck

i love how you just have to doubt everything. Halo 3 was supposed to release last year, now its got a definitive date, theres been a steady stream of info. Now your telling me that Brawl won't be released this year, that that gameplay video was completley fake, and that the "updates" are nothing more than "This is what we did today" ?

if i met you in real life id probably hang you from a flagpole because i have no tolerance for morons.

Internet tough guys are my favorite :roll: