The Off Topic Lounge: End of All Things Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#101 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

super... your sig.... the cuteness! IT BURNS! :cry:

ANIMEguy10034

You`re talking abot my avatar.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

[QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"]

super600

Nope. You had this huge sig of 2 bunnies kissing (were they kissing? not sure, but their noses were touching). It was adorable. Why did you remove it?

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="ANIMEguy10034"]

ANIMEguy10034

Nope. You had this huge sig of 2 bunnies kissing (were they kissing? not sure, but their noses were touching). It was adorable. Why did you remove it?

I think the sig was too big.

_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 _BlueDuck_
Member since 2003 • 11986 Posts

Got my first 3DS game: Mario Kart 7. First race ever. 1st place the entire race, 3rd lap right infront of the finish line; blue shell. 3rd place finish.

Everything went as expected.

My news years gaming resolution is going to be that I'm not going to buy any 3DS games until I've finished the one I'm playing. This way I'll avoid building up an overwhelming backlog like I've done with every other system I've owned.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#105 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

Got my first 3DS game: Mario Kart 7. First race ever. 1st place the entire race, 3rd lap right infront of the finish line; blue shell. 3rd place finish.

Everything went as expected.

My news years gaming resolution is going to be that I'm not going to buy any 3DS games until I've finished the one I'm playing. This way I'll avoid building up an overwhelming backlog like I've done with every other system I've owned.

_BlueDuck_

First pre-new year's gaming resolution should be to be my friend. :)

1332-7702-0947

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30685 Posts
lol that was online or the GP?
_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 _BlueDuck_

lol that was online or the GP?Sepewrath

GP, haven't ventured online yet until I become a bit more familiar with the tracks.

I'll add friends once I figure out how that non-sense works!

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#110 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

If there's one think i hate,is when people talk about something they don't know much about.

>_>

Like this girl that said "i'm pretty sure that game isn't even in my country".

Wtf? Metroid Prime was released in the US in 2002.

:S

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

_BlueDuck_

Ha!! Good luck with that buddy. I always tell myself "No more games until you at least finish what you're playing".... then a good deal comes along or a great game comes out and I fold like a deck of cards. I've decided gaming is like crack. I just got Zelda and did not need it. I'm close to the end of a bunch of other games and over Christmas was really in to 3 different Final Fantasies (6, 8, and 13)... and now all those Final Fantasies have been de-railed because I just want to play Zelda. Damn you Miyamoto.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#112 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

[QUOTE="_BlueDuck_"]My news years gaming resolution is going to be that I'm not going to buy any 3DS games until I've finished the one I'm playing. This way I'll avoid building up an overwhelming backlog like I've done with every other system I've owned.

roboccs

Ha!! Good luck with that buddy. I always tell myself "No more games until you at least finish what you're playing".... then a good deal comes along or a great game comes out and I fold like a deck of cards. I've decided gaming is like crack. I just got Zelda and did not need it. I'm close to the end of a bunch of other games and over Christmas was really in to 3 different Final Fantasies (6, 8, and 13)... and now all those Final Fantasies have been de-railed because I just want to play Zelda. Damn you Miyamoto.

My backlog is huge right now. I feel like I've wasted money when I don't finish a game ... and in some way that's true.

It doesn't help that I got 20 free games as part of the ambassador's program too.

_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 _BlueDuck_

[QUOTE="_BlueDuck_"]My news years gaming resolution is going to be that I'm not going to buy any 3DS games until I've finished the one I'm playing. This way I'll avoid building up an overwhelming backlog like I've done with every other system I've owned.

roboccs

Yeah I already found a flaw in my plan in that I want to download Link's Awakening because it's one of the few Zelda games I've yet to play.. Downloadable games don't count, right?

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 roboccs

Downloadable games don't count, right?

_BlueDuck_

:lol: That should be the official new rule!!

Am I the only one here who doesn't care about new years eve?? As far as I know none of our friends are doing much, no parties or anything. The night is generally overhyped and becomes a huge let down.

I know the whole guitar hero fad has been played out, but lately I've been really tempted to have a few (or a lot) of "drinks" and play guitar hero. I haven't done that in a long time but whenever it used to happen it was EXTREMELY fun. I don't know what it is about alcohol and music that makes everyone a rock star but it's great!

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 ANIMEguy10034

Am I the only one here who doesn't care about new years eve?? As far as I know none of our friends are doing much, no parties or anything. The night is generally overhyped and becomes a huge let down.

roboccs

I'm starting to not care for the holidays.
Mom works on most holidays, every other family member and friends are out of the state/country, and I'm usually home alone.
I open my Christmas gifts on the day I buy them (no matter what month it is). Even though I'm not very festive on Christmas, I tend to be very generous when giving gifts to someone else.
I live in New York, but I never attend the New Years thing at Times Square. It's overcrowded and noisy, you need to be there early, it's cold, seeing thousands of couples kissing around you can be awkward, and I can watch it on TV. I missed last year's countdown because I was busy playing Monster Hunter. I'll probably do the same this year. :P

The only thing I enjoy about holidays is having the day off.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#117 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
But you must celebrate this year's New Year's Eve! It's the last time you'll ever get to til....Armageddon!! :o
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

I know the whole guitar hero fad has been played out, but lately I've been really tempted to have a few (or a lot) of "drinks" and play guitar hero. I haven't done that in a long time but whenever it used to happen it was EXTREMELY fun. I don't know what it is about alcohol and music that makes everyone a rock star but it's great!

roboccs

My girlfriend and I have been playing Rock Band 2 again after not touching it for over a year. We checked out the dlc and there are a ton of awesome songs, including Snoop Dogg and Flight of the Conchords. Then the cat we were taking care of chewed up the kick pedal cord so we can't play drums anymore. Also I wanted to get Rock Band 3 but it's not available at any stores. It's like they're trying to hide the fact that it exists altogether.

Anyway long story short it's a lot of fun. Maybe at first people would be like "that is soooo 2009" but once you start playing you remember why it was so fun in the first place.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Sepewrath
[QUOTE="wiifan001"]But you must celebrate this year's New Year's Eve! It's the last time you'll ever get to til....Armageddon!! :o

Quick someone call Bruce Willis and I guess if you have to, Ben Affleck :P
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 super600  Moderator

But you must celebrate this year's New Year's Eve! It's the last time you'll ever get to til....Armageddon!! :owiifan001

Doomsday on december 21,2012 won't happen.

Avatar image for Hungry_Homer111
Hungry_Homer111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#121 Hungry_Homer111
Member since 2005 • 22479 Posts
Has anybody here gotten one of the games that they have on Club Nintendo? I just got Fluidity today, and really like it so far. The levels are very well designed so far, and it seems like, even there are only 4 worlds (not sure if there are more which open up after those), those worlds seem like they'll have enough to do to keep me coming back for a while.
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 JordanElek
Has anybody here gotten one of the games that they have on Club Nintendo? I just got Fluidity today, and really like it so far. The levels are very well designed so far, and it seems like, even there are only 4 worlds (not sure if there are more which open up after those), those worlds seem like they'll have enough to do to keep me coming back for a while.Hungry_Homer111
I got Xevious. It's the worst game ever. Twinbee is an awesome game, so I figured if Xevious turned out to be even half as good, it would be worth it. But it's not. It's the worst game ever.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 wiifan001
I got Xevious. It's the worst game ever. Twinbee is an awesome game, so I figured if Xevious turned out to be even half as good, it would be worth it. But it's not. It's the worst game ever.JordanElek
*3 second loop sounds with PLINKPLINKPLINKPLINKPLINKPLINKPINKPLINKPLINK*
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 JordanElek
[QUOTE="JordanElek"] I got Xevious. It's the worst game ever. Twinbee is an awesome game, so I figured if Xevious turned out to be even half as good, it would be worth it. But it's not. It's the worst game ever.wiifan001
*3 second loop sounds with PLINKPLINKPLINKPLINKPLINKPLINKPINKPLINKPLINK*

And absolutely no gameplay variety. No powerups, no different enemies, nothing, just more shots from enemies....
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 roboccs

Ok, so I'm a few hours in to Zelda. I don't know if it stays like this throughout the long game, but I FINALLY feel some attachment to Zelda. I love how they presented the story. I don't want to spoil anything. [spoiler] I am just about to leave Skyloft. But I love how after the ceremony they protray Link and Zelda. the dialogue, facial expressions and music really set the scene.I'm actually attached to these characters so far. After Zelda got swept away I actually felt something. And this may be cheesy, but I thought raising the Goddess Sword to make the light hit it was actually cool. [/spoiler]

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#126 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Has anybody here gotten one of the games that they have on Club Nintendo? I just got Fluidity today, and really like it so far. The levels are very well designed so far, and it seems like, even there are only 4 worlds (not sure if there are more which open up after those), those worlds seem like they'll have enough to do to keep me coming back for a while.Hungry_Homer111

I was thinking aout Super Mario Kart but I don't know

I think it's too old and just wont have a good feel

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts

Ok, so I'm a few hours in to Zelda. I don't know if it stays like this throughout the long game, but I FINALLY feel some attachment to Zelda. I love how they presented the story. I don't want to spoil anything.

roboccs

Yes, the story of the introduction is the best Zelda has ever been, with maybe the exception of MM. Without spoiling anything, let me just say don't get used to it.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 JordanElek

[QUOTE="Hungry_Homer111"]Has anybody here gotten one of the games that they have on Club Nintendo? I just got Fluidity today, and really like it so far. The levels are very well designed so far, and it seems like, even there are only 4 worlds (not sure if there are more which open up after those), those worlds seem like they'll have enough to do to keep me coming back for a while.Jaysonguy

No. Super Mario Kart is the worst Mario Kart. Don't waste your coins.
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 roboccs

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Hungry_Homer111"]Has anybody here gotten one of the games that they have on Club Nintendo? I just got Fluidity today, and really like it so far. The levels are very well designed so far, and it seems like, even there are only 4 worlds (not sure if there are more which open up after those), those worlds seem like they'll have enough to do to keep me coming back for a while.JordanElek

No. Super Mario Kart is the worst Mario Kart. Don't waste your coins.

So many good memories though.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 JordanElek
So many good memories though.roboccs
Keep the memories good..... It doesn't hold up well compared to the newer games.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 haziqonfire
I just downloaded Fluidity from Club Nintendo. As if I needed even MORE games to play. Though, I have to say the game is pretty neat, a great physics based puzzle game so far.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 wiifan001

So I could pick up right Bioshock right now for $5, Portal for $5, Bit Trip Runner for $2.50, and L.A Noire for $12.50?

I just started an account there the other day: Steam is freekin awesome :o

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 haziqonfire
BioShock is M rated though. Don't you have something against M rated games? I can't remember. Isn't L.A. Noire M rated too?
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 wiifan001
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]BioShock is M rated though. Don't you have something against M rated games? I can't remember. Isn't L.A. Noire M rated too?

Right, I don't play M rated games. I'm referring to strictly the deals themselves, like how L.A Noire was $60 earlier this year and now it's a mere $12.50 I've been hearing all these great things about Steam so I thought I'd check them out and now I see why Steam is so favored. The amazing deals deals and digital distribution I can see why Steam is so favorable to gamers.
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 GreekGameManiac

Right, I don't play M rated games. I'm referring to strictly the deals themselves, like how L.A Noire was $60 earlier this year and now it's a mere $12.50 I've been hearing all these great things about Steam so I thought I'd check them out and now I see why Steam is so favored. The amazing deals deals and digital distribution I can see why Steam is so favorable to gamers.wiifan001

Why? what's wrong with M-rated games?

+happy new year.

Lol i'm already an hour into 2012!

_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 _BlueDuck_

[QUOTE="wiifan001"]Right, I don't play M rated games. I'm referring to strictly the deals themselves, like how L.A Noire was $60 earlier this year and now it's a mere $12.50 I've been hearing all these great things about Steam so I thought I'd check them out and now I see why Steam is so favored. The amazing deals deals and digital distribution I can see why Steam is so favorable to gamers.GreekGameManiac

Why? what's wrong with M-rated games?

Nnnnoooooooo

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Sepewrath

lol yes don't ask follow up questions. Anyway, games, especially 3rd party games on HD console, drop in price fairly quickly. They generally have their best sales early on and then tail off to the point where they waste shelf space. So if you don't cash in early, its likely not going to happen at 60 bucks.

You know my niece has been getting into gaming a lot over the past couple of years, I felt it was time to get her into Zelda. She got a 3DS, so I downloaded Four Swords for her and I think I will go get her Ocarina of Time, hook her for life lol.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 ANIMEguy10034

I made my mom play Skyward Sword today. It took her an hour to get to the part where you first meet Groose. :P

I found it ironic how she complained about the lack of voice acting even though she would need Spanish subtitles... unless the game provided an option to hear VA in different languages. I would like to see that in future Nintendo games. :D

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 wiifan001

BlueDuck, Sepewrath....actually to everyone:

For the record, Wiifan001 doesn't cause the problems: It's those who continuously ask the follow up questions to Wiifan001.

Know it. Remember it. Honor it.

Take that as the greatest advice one could ever take with them for 2012.

:x

Happy new year.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 haziqonfire
HAPPY NEW YEAR! Let's see if the Mayans are right
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 GreekGameManiac

I made my mom play Skyward Sword today. It took her an hour to get to the part where you first meet Groose. :P

I found it ironic how she complained about the lack of voice acting even though she would need Spanish subtitles... unless the game provided an option to hear VA in different languages. I would like to see that in future Nintendo games. :D

ANIMEguy10034

She doesn't know English?

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 super600  Moderator

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Let's see if the Mayans are rightHaziqonfire

Maybe we will find out if I pressed the crtl v button until we reached december.21,2012 as quickly as possible.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Sepewrath
I bet the world ends in a fight between Goku, Superman, Reggie and Mothra.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 haziqonfire
I bet the world ends in a fight between Goku, Superman, Reggie and Mothra. Sepewrath
Miyamoto will come out of no where with the Master Sword and the Hyrule Shield.
ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 ANIMEguy10034

She doesn't know English?

GreekGameManiac

She knows a tiny bit, not much. Spanish is our native language.

_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 _BlueDuck_

I celebrated the new year by falling out of a chair and smashing my head on a pool table.

Not sure if concussed, or just hung over.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
I fell asleep before midnight. I am such a loser. >.>
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 super600  Moderator

I fell asleep before midnight. I am such a loser. >.>meetroid8

That must suck.

lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts

I celebrated new year's eve at a friend's house. We were 7 and I brought my Wii there and all played WarioWare. We were all having fun and laughing like idiots. :lol:

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#150 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Edit that