The Great Layton Face Off.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

destroyerHHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 destroyerHHH
Member since 2004 • 772 Posts

So which Professor Layton game do you guys think is the best and why? On a side note, Mask of Miracles and the Layton Vs. PW game for the 3DS are looking pretty amazing.

LOLhahaDEAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2 LOLhahaDEAD
Member since 2006 • 4431 Posts

I've only played Curious Village so far... But I thought it was amazing!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
Member since 2007 • 11536 Posts

3=1>>2

all are amazing though :D

LaytonsCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 LaytonsCat
Member since 2010 • 3652 Posts

overal 3=1>2

endings 3=2>1

they are my 3-5 favorite DS games

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts

I never played the first one, but I personally liked Unwound Future better because of the awesome and emotional story.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
I've only played the first one but I'm getting the second for Christmas. I'll probably pick whichever kicks my ass less.
LaytonsCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 LaytonsCat
Member since 2010 • 3652 Posts

I've only played the first one but I'm getting the second for Christmas. I'll probably pick whichever kicks my ass less.OreoMilkshake

the second and thrid are harder from the first. and the second is arguable harder then 3

GojiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 GojiMaster
Member since 2009 • 451 Posts

[QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"]I've only played the first one but I'm getting the second for Christmas. I'll probably pick whichever kicks my ass less.LaytonsCat

the second and thrid are harder from the first. and the second is arguable harder then 3

???? The 2nd was way easier than the first-- some of the puzzles in the 1st game were quite difficult. I thought they really toned it down in the 2nd game-- many of the 2nd game puzzles were very obvious and only took a few seconds to figure out. I thought the ending of #2 was pretty kooky though.

I haven't played the 3rd game yet, but I plan on getting it soon.

If anybody hasn't played the games yet, buy them! Professor Layton games are the best games the DS has to offer.

Also, if any of you guys are interested in a game similar to Professor Layton, Telltale games made a game called 'Puzzle Agent' that is aventailable on PC, Ipod, and WiiWare. I have been enjoying 'Puzzle Agent' and it is not an expensive game. I got Puzzle Agent in a bundle with 5 other games for 19.99

Shy_Guy_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#9 Shy_Guy_Red
Member since 2006 • 17138 Posts

Gonna agree with the people saying 1=3 > 2

The 2nd is without a doubt the worst due to a few plot holes I strongly disliked, and there were 3 parts throughout the game that just felt like rip offs of the first Layton that could have been done so much better, and with them being in the first they felt pale in comparison.

I also didn't really like the puzzles. There were a lot of real hard trial and error ones that I really disliked, and not as many memorable ones as those in the other games. It was still a great game though, and by no means do I recommend people skip it.

The 3rd one is without a doubt the best, the story, characters, puzzles, music, and minigames are all the best in the series for me, and they really hit the ball out of the park with the game.

The only advantage I give the first game is it being the first, so it impacted me the most. I also didn't like the new voices Flora and Don Paolo got in Unwound Future, but overall, I do think 3 is the best, and I voted for it.