The Conduit - Online Multiplayer Confirmed

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Erebyssial
Member since 2007 • 2903 Posts

The quotes are from the reply High Voltage sent to IGN, read out on their latest podcast.

"Yes, we are planning on online multiplayer. We don't yet know how many simultaneous players we'll be able to support."

Also said a few things concerning publishers:

"We have no shortage of options now both large and small but we are taking our time. We have our own funding to entirely complete the game and it's not that we don't play well with others, we just want to be far enough along that someone doesn't come in and 'monkey' the whole thing up. We've worked on enough licensed titles that had the potential of being good, but an armchair quarterback came in and [something] it in the bad direction. The further along we are, the less likely that is going to happen. We really want The Conduit to be something special for the Wii, and for us."

Nice to see it properly confirmed.. If it didn't have online I wouldn't be too excited for the game. What would you like to see them do for an online mode?

no_one089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 no_one089
Member since 2007 • 506 Posts
Hurray for High Voltage!:) This game is shaping up very well.
Stevendawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Stevendawg
Member since 2006 • 500 Posts

I'm not super psyched being that I already have a decent computer, but still a little interested.

I'd like deathmatch and free for all. Like HL2:DM, that would work best for the game.

Avatar image for remmbermytitans
remmbermytitans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 remmbermytitans
Member since 2005 • 7214 Posts
If it can surpass what EA did with MoHH2, it's a buy for sure!
umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 umcommon
Member since 2007 • 2503 Posts

If it can surpass what EA did with MoHH2, it's a buy for sure!remmbermytitans

I'd be sad if it doesn't; MOH isn't really a tough act to follow.

Nice to see Wii have online :P

riseneclipse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 riseneclipse
Member since 2006 • 1176 Posts
i gotta say, i really wasnt expecting much from this game, but now that ive seen that they are taking it slow and really trying to get a good product out, ill have to keep up with this game
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

I hope the best for High Voltage. Their dedication for the Wii shows. Let's hope they find a publisher that will let them do what they want to achieve.

With online, the game could be big.

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
I'm really hoping this game succeeds and lives up to the fame it's received here on GS. It looks like an interesting title and I have yet to play a FPS - other than MP3 - on my Wii. Online multi player was one of the things I would want in a game like this - I'll check that point off my list. I hope it meets the rest of my expectations. :D EDIT: Who knows... Nintendo might surprise us and enable voice chat with which High Voltage could take advantage of.
...and would be a great addition to the Wifi Gaming Union's list of games :P
Innocent_J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9 Innocent_J
Member since 2006 • 1821 Posts

Omg i can't wait for this game.

Everytime i hear something new about it, i just get more hyped.

Avatar image for Console_Gamer93
Console_Gamer93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Console_Gamer93
Member since 2007 • 2712 Posts
MoH online is the best you can get for the Wii that i've tried. No friend codes = bliss
Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#11 Lunar52
Member since 2006 • 2538 Posts

Ditto.
Avatar image for TwilightSoilder
TwilightSoilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TwilightSoilder
Member since 2007 • 1831 Posts
Sweet, this may actually turn out to be something very good. :D As for the online a few modes I would like would be deathmatch (Team and free for all) and capture the flag. (Those are the only ones I can think of right now. :P ( And of course no stupid FC's is a must. :wink:
riseneclipse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 riseneclipse
Member since 2006 • 1176 Posts
I wanna see something like virus (timesplitters) or King of the Hill. along with deathmatch and CTF of course
Hylian99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Hylian99
Member since 2007 • 74 Posts
It's seemed to me that this has been way too long in coming. I mean, really! The Wii is perfect for FPS's, but almost no one has been willing to take a risk and actually try to make a good one! I mean, with the pointing sensor and the fact that the Wii does indeed have online capability really seems like an obvious combination to me. I think the main problem with the Wii right now is that everyone's so cautious to actually try stuff with it.
Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#15 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
Awesome! I wish the best for High Voltage Software. This could turn out to be one great game
Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
Those are great news. I can see that High Voltage is working really hard in this game.
legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts
yes! i cant wait for the game!:D
red_sovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 red_sovereign
Member since 2007 • 1936 Posts
im sooo getting a halo-esqe vibe off this game! wiping out hordes of aliens, exotic weapons, big environments, STELLAR graphics...and now ONLINE SUPPORT!!! this is gonna be epic...have they got a publisher yet??
Dr_Corndog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 Dr_Corndog
Member since 2004 • 3245 Posts
I'm getting very excited for this game. I'm not too big into historical shooters, which part of the reason I didn't get MoH:H2. But sci-fi shooters, well, that's another matter entirely.
yeahyeahbigN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 yeahyeahbigN
Member since 2007 • 1345 Posts
awesome. cant wait to see more of this game. can this be the next big fps for the wii? hopefully cause this is no rushed game.
ECG_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ECG_24
Member since 2008 • 1653 Posts

im sooo getting a halo-esqe vibe off this game! wiping out hordes of aliens, exotic weapons, big environments, STELLAR graphics...and now ONLINE SUPPORT!!! this is gonna be epic...have they got a publisher yet??red_sovereign

EDIT: Basically the question you asked is answered in the first post.

According to the latest IGN Podcast, High Voltage Software has many offers from publishers, but they can afford to keep funding their efforts for now and want toget far enough along in the game so publishers won't force them to change things they don't want to. They said that it happened to them before on lisenced titles that could have been better than they turned out to be.

Arkk_Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Arkk_Angel
Member since 2003 • 787 Posts

I'm glad to hear the developers aren't sacrificing the artistic and technical merit of this game just so that some evil corporate publisher ::cough::EA::cough can make a buck off rabid FPS Wii owners. They know the value of this type of game and I'm glad they're taking their time on it.

Hey, High Voltage, if you want to delay this game to make it better....go right ahead and THANK YOU! Because of your work ethic, you've got my money already!

x_SuperMario_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 x_SuperMario_x
Member since 2008 • 1665 Posts

High Voltage Software has quickly become my favorite developer. Their patience in making this game looks promising, and i'm glad they're holding off on finding a publisher.

If this game is as good as it sounds, i hope everyone buys it. Efforts like those of High Voltage Software should be recognized.

ECG_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ECG_24

High Voltage Software has quickly become my favorite developer. Their patience in making this game looks promising, and i'm glad they're holding off on finding a publisher.

If this game is as good as it sounds, i hope everyone buys it. Efforts like those of High Voltage Software should be recognized.

x_SuperMario_x

I'm all for supporting developers with noble ideals, but I will continue to be skeptical until we see more from them. So far they don't have anything non licensed to show for themselves on Wii, save their WiiWare Poker Game which doesn't really showcase what they are or aren't capable of.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#25 Arkthemaniac
Member since 2007 • 1237 Posts

This is the time for them to put up or shut up. If what they say is true about their horrific library of licensed games, then I'll get on board. But if this game is anything less than great, it'll be a big blow. Either way, I'll probably be buying it since I want to support these efforts on the Wii and have a genuine interest in FPS on the Wii, especially Scifi after beating MP3.

MOH was butt.

rgame1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rgame1
Member since 2008 • 2526 Posts
"about damn time"
Gaticus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Gaticus
Member since 2005 • 151 Posts
If they do something along the same lines as EA Nation then they would be able to rid themselves of those pesky FCs and allow us to play a more enjoyable online game for the wii;)
Gaticus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Gaticus
They have another WiiWare title that is supposed to be released next week called Gyrostar... it looks interesting to say the least.
Gaticus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Gaticus

This is the time for them to put up or shut up. If what they say is true about their horrific library of licensed games, then I'll get on board. But if this game is anything less than great, it'll be a big blow. Either way, I'll probably be buying it since I want to support these efforts on the Wii and have a genuine interest in FPS on the Wii, especially Scifi after beating MP3.

MOH was butt.

Arkthemaniac

MOH: Vanguard was Butt, but not MOHH2... well at least not the online;)

ECG_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ECG_24

They have another WiiWare title that is supposed to be released next week called Gyrostar... it looks interesting to say the least.Gaticus

If you're getting your information from IGN, they've just been moving the release date up to next week for three weeks, so don't trust any release dates.

I am looking forward to it, looks promising.

red_sovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 red_sovereign

[QUOTE="red_sovereign"]im sooo getting a halo-esqe vibe off this game! wiping out hordes of aliens, exotic weapons, big environments, STELLAR graphics...and now ONLINE SUPPORT!!! this is gonna be epic...have they got a publisher yet??ECG_24

EDIT: Basically the question you asked is answered in the first post.

According to the latest IGN Podcast, High Voltage Software has many offers from publishers, but they can afford to keep funding their efforts for now and want toget far enough along in the game so publishers won't force them to change things they don't want to. They said that it happened to them before on lisenced titles that could have been better than they turned out to be.

sounds like high voltage is learning from their mistakes...thats probably why this game is gonna put 3rd party wii devs on the map

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#32 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

some people here act like they didn't expect the conduit to be online :roll:

Wait a sec... :shock:

red_sovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 red_sovereign

off topic-

why didnt nintendo do this 4 metroid...i mean echoes had very enjoyable multiplayer, i dont see why they didnt incorporate online play with an already killer app. maybe a rush to launch it??? who knows

Avatar image for TwilightSoilder
TwilightSoilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TwilightSoilder
Member since 2007 • 1831 Posts

off topic-

why didnt nintendo do this 4 metroid...i mean echoes had very enjoyable multiplayer, i dont see why they didnt incorporate online play with an already killer app. maybe a rush to launch it??? who knows

red_sovereign
Echoes multiplayer is debatable in terms of enjoyability however I will admit it would have been pretty sweet with Metroid Prime 3's control scheme. :D
Jesteroflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jesteroflies
Member since 2007 • 315 Posts
Nice it will be good to see how well this game turns out....lets hope the story and gameplay is good. graphics are a plus but nothing beats a great story and smooth gameplay.
-CheeseEater-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 -CheeseEater-
Member since 2007 • 5258 Posts

[QUOTE="remmbermytitans"]If it can surpass what EA did with MoHH2, it's a buy for sure!umcommon

I'd be sad if it doesn't; MOH isn't really a tough act to follow.

Nice to see Wii have online :P

Medal of Honor Hereos is a load of garbage.

What happened to the online 32 player in Australia? Oh that's right...EA couldn't be bothered supporting servers for it, so they took out the only acceptable portion of the game. :) Well done.

Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

I have a feeling this game is going to be bad a$$

I could honestly care less about online. Don't take me wrong, It's always...always nice to have. But I just like how the game looks so far. Online is just a bonus!

TheAcejoel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

#39 TheAcejoel99
Member since 2008 • 1059 Posts
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!
IcE-Fu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 IcE-Fu-
Member since 2005 • 3590 Posts

Wow nice :)

let's just hope this game is good because if it plays like poop then online is useless..

bionicle_lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 bionicle_lover
Member since 2005 • 4501 Posts
[QUOTE="Arkthemaniac"]

MOH was butt.

Gaticus

MOH: Vanguard was Butt, but not MOHH2... well at least not the online;)

as much as i want to say that it wasn't butt it kinda was, at least for me. the only thing good about it was the online (which you pointed out) and the controls, but everything was "butt." the combat was bad, the graphics werent too good but ill let it slide since it had 32 players, the maps were terrible, the game as a whole was bad except for controls and online. its like a demo to let us know that a good online system is possible and fps's can be great but then it stops and just teases me. at least thats how i felt about the game.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#43 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
I don't really care to play an online FPS when there is no voice chat. I'm just hoping that the single player is good. The trailer didn't get me excited but it got me interested, hopefully it turns out great.
Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts
Online or not I'm still waiting for the reviews, I'm not overly impressed about what I've seen from this game yet.
webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts
I just hope it has local multiplayer as well cause if it doesnt im not getting it
red_sovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 red_sovereign
aahhhh people are getting excited about this game...please dont fail us high voltage:cry:
Hylian99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Hylian99
Member since 2007 • 74 Posts

I just hope it has local multiplayer as well cause if it doesnt im not getting itwebbut

Hear, hear! The only reason that I didn't rush out and buy MOHH2 is because I couldn't play it with my brother or friends at home. So I resigned myself to wait...

Tyberg29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Tyberg29
Member since 2007 • 205 Posts

Wii's Halo, anyone? Maybe if developers see that online multiplayer can work well on the Wii (Conduit will prove this, hopefully) we'll get some darn 3rd party support, and blossom! =DDDDD

Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Erebyssial
Member since 2007 • 2903 Posts

Wait.. Medal of Honor Heroes 2 doesn't use Friend Codes at all? How does it work? I don't have the game (anymore) because EA stripped its online mode here.

High Voltage seem very intent to make the game amazing, so I don't see why they wouldn't want to make their online mode one of the best available for Wii.

Arclight_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 Arclight_Blue
Member since 2008 • 2830 Posts
they are taking their time and putting effort in a wii game. wow!!! thats something you dont see everyday, hats off to them;)