The Conduit - It WORKS on Dial-up!!!

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shayde_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Shayde_Shadow
Member since 2009 • 213 Posts

Today, I decided to try The Conduit online. I wasn't expecting it to work on 56k dial-up. Well, I was wrong. I ended up playing for around 2 and a half hours, and would've played more.

It wasn't lag free of course. But it wasn't like the lag I experienced in CoD:WaW (Jumping from one side of the map to the other in a blink of an eye), but it was there and it was noticeable, but not annoying enough for me to chuck my Wii-Mote in anger. I lost connection twice, only becausethe phone cord thing (can't remember what it's called) came out. Connectionsto games were fast and never dropped out.When there wasless people in a game it ran alot smoother (that would be obvious). I had a match with3 other people and there was not a lot ofnoticable lag.

I'm definately one happy camper :D

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#2 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
I've played a few DS games online on dial-up and it wasn't a pleasant experience. Can't imagine what Wii online is like with dial up.
Chojuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Chojuto
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
lol I bet on the other player's screens your character was probably teleporting.
TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts
Well good that it works for you although I never would have though it would of.
TheLordMagnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheLordMagnus
Member since 2006 • 3783 Posts
Congratulations, you're probably ruining the game for everyone else that plays with you.
bc1391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bc1391
Member since 2004 • 11906 Posts

You were probably jumping all over the place from other players perspectives.

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts
Congratulations, you're probably ruining the game for everyone else that plays with you. TheLordMagnus
Yeah no kidding. I hate 56k users, ruins it for everyone.
SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts
[QUOTE="TheLordMagnus"]Congratulations, you're probably ruining the game for everyone else that plays with you. bob_newman

Agreed its ridiculous to play with in this day and age
painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

Plz dont play with 56k. it ruins the game for everyone else.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Fan128
Nintendo_Fan128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nintendo_Fan128
Member since 2006 • 4270 Posts

[QUOTE="bob_newman"][QUOTE="TheLordMagnus"]Congratulations, you're probably ruining the game for everyone else that plays with you. SaintJimmmy

Agreed its ridiculous to play with in this day and age

You do know some places just don't have broadband service, right? The place where I used to live didn't have it, I was so pissed off... good thing I moved out 2 years ago and finally have broadband. Oh, so much better...

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

You do know some places just don't have broadband service, right?

Nintendo_Fan128

Well then they shouldn't play online.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
i've heard some people complaining about lag. now i know why. no offense, but people can complain about even the slightest sign of lag. and i wasnt there to see how was the lag...
Burning-Sludge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Burning-Sludge
Member since 2008 • 4068 Posts

[QUOTE="TheLordMagnus"]Congratulations, you're probably ruining the game for everyone else that plays with you. bob_newman

Hey, everyone can't get brodband. I am using a verizon internet card right now.

kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14 kejigoto
Member since 2004 • 2735 Posts

People still use dial up? What is this world coming to?

Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

I can't believe it worked for you!

What is your name while playing, and what time do you usually play? I was playing someone the other night, and they jumped around for at least 15 mins. I unloaded every shell I had, every grenade, and melee'd him for 15 mins just for fun, and he killed me lol.

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 painguy1

satalite should allow anyone to get broadband. get that and ur set

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 psychobrew
Member since 2008 • 8888 Posts

painguy1
Satelite does not work well for gaming -- there's way too much latency (the signal has to be shot out to space and come back) and satelite internet providers throttle your bandwidth like crazy.
painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 painguy1

[QUOTE="painguy1"]

psychobrew

Satelite does not work well for gaming -- there's way too much latency (the signal has to be shot out to space and come back) and satelite internet providers throttle your bandwidth like crazy.

oh, but wouldnt it be better than dial anyway?

boardn720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 boardn720
Member since 2008 • 5310 Posts

Today, I decided to try The Conduit online. I wasn't expecting it to work on 56k dial-up. Well, I was wrong. I ended up playing for around 2 and a half hours, and would've played more.

It wasn't lag free of course. But it wasn't like the lag I experienced in CoD:WaW (Jumping from one side of the map to the other in a blink of an eye), but it was there and it was noticeable, but not annoying enough for me to chuck my Wii-Mote in anger. I lost connection twice, only becausethe phone cord thing (can't remember what it's called) came out. Connectionsto games were fast and never dropped out.When there wasless people in a game it ran alot smoother (that would be obvious). I had a match with3 other people and there was not a lot ofnoticable lag.

I'm definately one happy camper :D

Shayde_Shadow

The lag on your end might not have been too bad but I guarantee the other users in the room were pretty mad :x BTW do you even know what lag is?If you have dial up and no lag I bet you have no clue what your looking for :lol:And lastly who still has dial-up anyway, oh man does dial-up make me mad :evil:

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 painguy1

did u know that even though dial up was nicknamed 56K it actually never went that fast? The highest it went was 45.8. 56K was just a goal they were hoping to acheive, but the dropped that goal after they made a new technology called broadband. "The more you know" ;)

boba707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 boba707
Member since 2007 • 1021 Posts
why would you post a topic about you running a game online through dial up? you do realize that you are just going to get flamed
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 psychobrew
Member since 2008 • 8888 Posts
[QUOTE="painguy1"]

[QUOTE="psychobrew"][QUOTE="painguy1"]

Not much, and it's expensive. If I remember right, it still uplaods data through your phone line (I could be mistaken on this point though). My brother had it for a while and couldn't wait to get rid of it.
awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

Dial-up still exists?

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts
[QUOTE="painguy1"]

[QUOTE="psychobrew"] Satelite does not work well for gaming -- there's way too much latency (the signal has to be shot out to space and come back) and satelite internet providers throttle your bandwidth like crazy.psychobrew

Not much, and it's expensive. If I remember right, it still uplaods data through your phone line (I could be mistaken on this point though). My brother had it for a while and couldn't wait to get rid of it.

well there is a system around here where you can buy a portable modem of 256kb which is also wireless and it doesnt has to be connected to hard lines like cable or DSL, i tested it with mario kart wii and it was very satisfying.You recharge the service with cards like prepaid phone cards and each card gives you some weeks of service.I use normal cable broadband myself but the portable wireless router is a nice choice i consider.
MorbidToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#25 MorbidToaster
Member since 2008 • 1434 Posts

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Fan128"]

bob_newman

This.
Burning-Sludge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Burning-Sludge

[QUOTE="bob_newman"]

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Fan128"]

MorbidToaster

This.

So you are saying that everyone who doesn't live close enough to a bradband line should just give up on multiplayer games and just play RPGs and Action adventure games?

MorbidToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#27 MorbidToaster
Member since 2008 • 1434 Posts

[QUOTE="MorbidToaster"][QUOTE="bob_newman"]

Burning-Sludge

This.

So you are saying that everyone who doesn't live close enough to a bradband line should just give up on multiplayer games and just play RPGs and Action adventure games?

Uh, the Conduit has a single player you know, and yes, that's exactly what I'm saying as far as giving up multiplayer goes. Playing on a dial-up connection ruins the experience for EVERYONE ELSE in the room, and yours isn't so great either. So, you want to enjoy your mediocre experience while making everyone else suffer? You're selfish.
email2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 email2003
Member since 2004 • 3529 Posts
Uhh dude, who still uses dail-up today? Just about everyone has at least DSL. Everyone should get with the times.
SSBMFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 97

#29 SSBMFighter
Member since 2005 • 3797 Posts

Dial up is not the worst thing ever people. Damn close. But not the worst. Honestly if you want to play online, you need to upgrade to broadband. The lag may not have been bad on your part but other players probably got mad. I have a Version Wireless Card but I don't even try to play online.

boardn720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 boardn720
Member since 2008 • 5310 Posts
[QUOTE="Burning-Sludge"]

[QUOTE="MorbidToaster"][QUOTE="bob_newman"]

This.

YES! that is exactly what he is saying.
Burning-Sludge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Burning-Sludge

[QUOTE="Burning-Sludge"]

[QUOTE="MorbidToaster"] This.boardn720

YES! that is exactly what he is saying.

Works for me.

XDXDXDXDXDXDXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 XDXDXDXDXDXDXD
Member since 2007 • 2399 Posts

Dial-up still exists?

awssk8er716
My same thoughts :P Good for you TC. :)
x_Allan_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#33 x_Allan_x
Member since 2008 • 39 Posts

Satellite is horrid for lag, your better off with a good modem connection. And:

did u know that even though dial up was nicknamed 56K it actually never went that fast? The highest it went was 45.8. 56K was just a goal they were hoping to acheive, but the dropped that goal after they made a new technology called broadband. "The more you know" ;)

painguy1

Is false. When I had dialup I got consistant 50.6k connections, people have gotten up to 56K with the K56Flex protocol and up to 54K with x2 protocol. If you search you'll find information about it. (Refrence: http://www.merit.edu/mail.archives/nanog/1998-09/msg00011.html). Then again I replaced all my phone line inside the house and had the phone company restring from pole to the outside box so I had no issues connecting at 50.6K and getting really good connects (with pings in the 30 - 40ms range which for dialup was pretty nice). Then again now I have 14000/800 cable and I hate to even think of those old speeds...

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 painguy1

Satellite is horrid for lag, your better off with a good modem connection. And:

[QUOTE="painguy1"]

x_Allan_x

Is false. When I had dialup I got consistant 50.6k connections, people have gotten up to 56K with the K56Flex protocol and up to 54K with x2 protocol. If you search you'll find information about it. (Refrence: http://www.merit.edu/mail.archives/nanog/1998-09/msg00011.html). Then again I replaced all my phone line inside the house and had the phone company restring from pole to the outside box so I had no issues connecting at 50.6K and getting really good connects (with pings in the 30 - 40ms range which for dialup was pretty nice). Then again now I have 14000/800 cable and I hate to even think of those old speeds...

Well of course now that is the case. Im talking about back in the day when the tech wasnt as good as it is now.

HipYoungster42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 HipYoungster42
Member since 2009 • 1892 Posts

Hey painguy, after seeing your videos on youtube for help with wireless connection on wii, I can see you know your way through the Internet. Well, I was wondering if you had any tips on helping me with my Internet connection. I have a wired connection, and I use the wired LAN adaptor made by Datel for the Wii. I know you're supposed to get the wired router from Nintendo, but I didn't know this until about a year after I purchased the Datel LAN Adaptor. I mainly need help getting a better connection, because in Animal Crossing, Brawl, and The Conduit I cannot get online. I get error code 86420 on Brawl and Animal Crossing.

So, do you have any tips on strengthening my wired internet connection? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance.:)

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 painguy1

Hey painguy, after seeing your videos on youtube for help with wireless connection on wii, I can see you know your way through the Internet. Well, I was wondering if you had any tips on helping me with my Internet connection. I have a wired connection, and I use the wired LAN adaptor made by Datel for the Wii. I know you're supposed to get the wired router from Nintendo, but I didn't know this until about a year after I purchased the Datel LAN Adaptor. I mainly need help getting a better connection, because in Animal Crossing, Brawl, and The Conduit I cannot get online. I get error code 86420 on Brawl and Animal Crossing.

So, do you have any tips on strengthening my wired internet connection? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance.:)

HipYoungster42

np. haha. the most important thing is your internet speed. Go to http://www.speedtest.net/ and choose the server closest to you. once u check your speed let me know, and ill see if i can find a work around to get you going.

HipYoungster42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 HipYoungster42

Hey painguy, here's the info I got from the site. It's all complete gibberish to me, but I hope it can help:

Download:8.90b Mb/s

Upload:0.95 Mb/s

Ping: 70 ms

If you need any more info from my results from the test, just ask.:)

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 painguy1

you have rly good connection in terms of download. Its above average of most people. Now check what router you have and post back. if u dont fell comfortable posting here just PM me on youtube.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#39 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Exception made for Mario Kart Wii, I never had a decent online experience on the Wii, and I'm on DSL. Glad you had more luck.
Makedonijo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Makedonijo
Member since 2007 • 351 Posts

why do you have 56k

HipYoungster42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 HipYoungster42

Hey painguy, I have the wired Linksys Router Model BEFSR41.

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 painguy1

Ok that should be fine. even though its not on nintendos router list it still should work fine. now have u tried any of the methods described in my tutorial? the part that causes people the most issues is the NAT, and the DNS part.

HipYoungster42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 HipYoungster42

I thought your tutorial on youtube was only for people with wireless connections?

I'll try it, though.:)

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 painguy1

I thought your tutorial on youtube was only for people with wireless connections?

I'll try it, though.:)

HipYoungster42

it should work with both. ill put an annotation pointing that out my bad. lol

HipYoungster42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 HipYoungster42

I was watching the first part of your tutorial, and about three-quarters of the way through, I was wondering if I'm even going to be able to use your tutorial. Since my router isn't on Nintendo's list, how am I supposed to get my IP Address? Is there any alternate way to get to my router's page?

brettneo3012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 brettneo3012
Member since 2003 • 526 Posts
Dial up should be banned to 1997.
HipYoungster42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 HipYoungster42

Wow, I feel like this topic has been turned from "The Conduit- It WORKS on Dial-Up" to "HipYoungster Needs Help With His Interneton Wii".:P

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 painguy1

I was watching the first part of your tutorial, and about three-quarters of the way through, I was wondering if I'm even going to be able to use your tutorial. Since my router isn't on Nintendo's list, how am I supposed to get my IP Address? Is there any alternate way to get to my router's page?

HipYoungster42

go to the cmd and type ipconfig /all. a list should come up. look for default gateway. there should be an ip adress next to it. Im guessing that since u have a linksys the ip should be 192.168.1.1. dont worry about ur router not being supported mine wasnt either. i just picked another netgear router similar to mine. nintendo doesnt put some routers on their list because they just dont have time to go and find every router in the world and list them. they put up the most commonly used ones. if u dont know how to get to the cmd, in XP choose run from the start and then type cmd. in vista or windows7 just type cmd in the search box. BTW are u watching the 3 part tut or the old 1 part tut (the one where i dont talk).

Avatar image for EpiphoneMan2008
EpiphoneMan2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#49 EpiphoneMan2008
Member since 2009 • 7169 Posts
lol I bet on the other player's screens your character was probably teleporting.Chojuto
I see people do that sometimes and it angers me greatly!
Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

If your name is Striiker or something like that (who I saw yesterday), please do not play anymore. This person was consistantly teleporting, but then it stopped. I continued to unload hundreds of rounds in him, and still.... nothing happened. He eventually would kill me everytime. (which is bs)

What really pisses me off is, he ended up with the most kills out of anyone.

He might've been hacking, but the teleporting makes me think that his connection was just slow/bad.

Please try to upgrade if you can.