That little thing the Wii would be even better with

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

... or without, for that matter.

I thought about a little improvement: an autostart function. It would allow you to set what channel to play at startup, without having to select it from the Wii menu, also it would let you set a delay for the autostart (for instance one minute).

What would you add to/modify/remove from your Wii?

acsguitar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 acsguitar
Member since 2005 • 1840 Posts
HD support
creepy_mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 creepy_mike
Member since 2007 • 1092 Posts
I would add more easy-to-reach face buttons. This is probably the only thing keeping the Wii+Nunchuck from being the best and most versatile controller this gen.
jessiejames21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 jessiejames21
Member since 2007 • 33 Posts

would have loved hd support cause some of the games look right dodgy on my toshiba hd screen with component cables. also would have loved more storage space. i hate deleting and redownloading games its a balls.SORT IT OUT NINTENDO. other then that love my wii:)

CheeChee_Macko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CheeChee_Macko
Member since 2008 • 2236 Posts
HD support.
xXxNintendoxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 xXxNintendoxXx
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
This is more for the Wii games, but no more friend codes
M3tro1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 M3tro1d
Member since 2008 • 223 Posts

HD supportacsguitar

This, going from playing my 360 games in HD to my Wii games is pretty painful.

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
The option of navigating the Wii menu with the control pad or joystick
chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

More original games.

HD means nothing for me and I did play on HD.

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
The thing we need more than anything else: A Hard Drive!
ozzsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ozzsoad
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts
Full support of SD cards. I want to be able to play VC and WiiWare games directly off of one.
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Black_Knight_00

I would add more easy-to-reach face buttons. This is probably the only thing keeping the Wii+Nunchuck from being the best and most versatile controller this gen. creepy_mike

I agree: though the +/- buttons are easy to reach, the 1 and 2 buttons are placed way too low and require some unnecessary effort to operate. I suppose these japanese fellows have some looong thumbs.

DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts

Add : HD support

Modify: Better Hardware, Better games

Remove: Nintendo's utter domination of the games, i've had enough of plumbers ;)

dalejr88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 dalejr88
Member since 2005 • 776 Posts
Better Online Community. For example, voice chat and sending personal messages for online friends. Like 360.
helius06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 helius06
Member since 2008 • 84 Posts

better online community

HD support more and better titles

more colors for the wii

and dont make us wait for good titles for so long

Mike1978Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Mike1978Smith
Member since 2005 • 2012 Posts

I would add full SD support and the ability to use the classic controller for GC games as well as add the ability to save GC game files to the Wii instead of requiring a GC memory card.

hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hellhund
Member since 2003 • 1984 Posts

I would add full SD support and the ability to use the classic controller for GC games as well as add the ability to save GC game files to the Wii instead of requiring a GC memory card.

Mike1978Smith

If they did this, I would actually buy some GC games.

ZamShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ZamShadow
Member since 2007 • 156 Posts
MORE MEMORY!!!!!!
AdRock92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AdRock92
Member since 2007 • 1616 Posts

... or without, for that matter.

I thought about a little improvement: an autostart function. It would allow you to set what channel to play at startup, without having to select it from the Wii menu, also it would let you set a delay for the autostart (for instance one minute).

What would you add to/modify/remove from your Wii?

Black_Knight_00

I agree, they should make something like what they have on the DS, where you can choose to skip the main DS menu. Why would you want an autostart delay though? I would also get rid of friend codes, or at least make it a one way system, so both people don't have to put in a code.

Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#20 Lunar52
Member since 2006 • 2538 Posts

[QUOTE="acsguitar"]HD supportM3tro1d

This, going from playing my 360 games in HD to my Wii games is pretty painful.

That's why I'm glad I don't have an HDTV so I'm not super picky and complaining about how crappy the transition between the two is. Be glad you have a HDTV let alone a TV.

Anyways, I would have to say a 20-30 GB HD would be more then enough space for me. Maybe voice chat. Better 3rd party but it seems like 3rd party is getting a little better.
Mack2D2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Mack2D2
Member since 2008 • 57 Posts

First off, a hard drive would be friggin awesome and a huge improvement... why we haven't already seen a USB harddrive or some equivalent, I'm not sure. What about some USB Flash Drive support if you don't want to use SD cards?... there are usb slots in the back, why not make it an option?

The controller definitely needs help. They took the simplicity thing a bit too far... the 1 and 2 buttons are practically useless unless you're playing a game where you hold the controller sideways. They should consider slightly shrinking the A button, and moving it over a little bit to make room for a B button right next to it, just that one extra button would help immensely. What about maybe putting a button or two on the side, so that when your fingers wrap around the controller your pink/ring/middle finger could work that button while your index has the trigger and your thumb gets the D-pad and A button?

The simplest, and cheapest improvement I can think of is to incorporate a little more customization into the main wii menu. I'm actually baffled as to why Nintendo hasn't already given us a few choices for themes here. Why can't we take a screen shot in a game and use it as a background/wallpaper for our wii menu with the channels and stuff? Why not release themes for download to celebrate the release of new games?... they could use new sounds for events (maybe the sound of a Mario coin box being hit when you click a channel, or the sound of a plasma blast from Metroid) and even new background music. At the very least we should have the option to customize the colors and maybe even choose from a few select fonts. When I'm playing Wii at a friends house, he should be able to rub in his love for Twilight Princess with a wallpaper... and when he's at my place, I should be able to display Kirby's dominance over Princess Zelda with a screenshot of SSBB for my wallpaper. This could be taken even further.... what about a channel where people could upload their color, sound, and wallpaper combos to allow for downloadable and share-able themes made by other wii owners?? It's all so simple, why do we not get to enjoy this???...

okay, my rants done... sorry about the novel.

MarioMellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 MarioMellow
Member since 2007 • 156 Posts

The thing we need more than anything else: A Hard Drive!Rocky32189

Yes. For the love of downloads they better do something FAST.

Paleo_Orca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Paleo_Orca
Member since 2007 • 858 Posts

First off, a hard drive would be friggin awesome and a huge improvement... why we haven't already seen a USB harddrive or some equivalent, I'm not sure. What about some USB Flash Drive support if you don't want to use SD cards?... there are usb slots in the back, why not make it an option?

The controller definitely needs help. They took the simplicity thing a bit too far... the 1 and 2 buttons are practically useless unless you're playing a game where you hold the controller sideways. They should consider slightly shrinking the A button, and moving it over a little bit to make room for a B button right next to it, just that one extra button would help immensely. What about maybe putting a button or two on the side, so that when your fingers wrap around the controller your pink/ring/middle finger could work that button while your index has the trigger and your thumb gets the D-pad and A button?

The simplest, and cheapest improvement I can think of is to incorporate a little more customization into the main wii menu. I'm actually baffled as to why Nintendo hasn't already given us a few choices for themes here. Why can't we take a screen shot in a game and use it as a background/wallpaper for our wii menu with the channels and stuff? Why not release themes for download to celebrate the release of new games?... they could use new sounds for events (maybe the sound of a Mario coin box being hit when you click a channel, or the sound of a plasma blast from Metroid) and even new background music. At the very least we should have the option to customize the colors and maybe even choose from a few select fonts. When I'm playing Wii at a friends house, he should be able to rub in his love for Twilight Princess with a wallpaper... and when he's at my place, I should be able to display Kirby's dominance over Princess Zelda with a screenshot of SSBB for my wallpaper. This could be taken even further.... what about a channel where people could upload their color, sound, and wallpaper combos to allow for downloadable and share-able themes made by other wii owners?? It's all so simple, why do we not get to enjoy this???...

okay, my rants done... sorry about the novel.

Mack2D2

Wii Menu themes are something I've wanted since launch, I have no idea why they haven't added a feature like that yet >:

bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
DVD playback.
mkyj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mkyj
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

The option of navigating the Wii menu with the control pad or joystickZumaJones07

It already has that just plug in a classic controller

Avatar image for KittensWithBeer
KittensWithBeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 KittensWithBeer
Member since 2007 • 782 Posts
I'd choose voice chat over any other option. The wii only has a few online games. Voice chat could at least make the online competition for the 360 and PS3 online.
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#27 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts
more powerfull hardwear with HD. i accept the Wii for what it is but i still wish it was a bit closer to PS3 and 360 graphicly.
p_oint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 p_oint
Member since 2008 • 30 Posts

1. a better controller/ or more games that support classic and GC controllers

2. some awesome hardecore games/ or games that are more fun and hard than mario galaxy

3. better online

4. better graphics

5. a hardrive would be nice

I'm sure i could think of more things to add, i dont think there is anything i want to be removed...

lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts
An eject tab in the Disc Channel. I'm a bit lazy to go and PRESS the eject button.
hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#30 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

Gimme voice chat and a patch that'll be released for Brawl, and my life would be complete

blingchu55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 blingchu55
Member since 2007 • 3098 Posts
online is my only quip with ninty
Avatar image for deactivated-582d495c81bdf
deactivated-582d495c81bdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 deactivated-582d495c81bdf
Member since 2008 • 751 Posts
HD support
creepy_mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 creepy_mike
Member since 2007 • 1092 Posts

An eject tab in the Disc Channel. I'm a bit lazy to go and PRESS the eject button.lancea34

Don't you have to walk up anyway to take the disc out?

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts

[QUOTE="ZumaJones07"]The option of navigating the Wii menu with the control pad or joystickmkyj

It already has that just plug in a classic controller

I knew that... I don't want to buy a classic controller though. Why can't the wiimote's pad or the chucks stick or the cube controller's stick do the same?
Junior_AIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 132

User Lists: 1

#35 Junior_AIN
Member since 2007 • 4703 Posts
High Definition Better Online Actually get the multi platform games released for PS3 and 360....not just PS2 And the idea of the creator of the topic seems interesting, it would be good to start the games at once.
Dudeman480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Dudeman480
Member since 2007 • 195 Posts
GET RID OF THOSE GOD DAMN #$!$%@#^@#$%&#%$@$%@$%#$@^#@$^%#&#$%&#$%&#$&#$%@#$%@&$%^*#%^#$&**(&*(^&**)^%&#^%#@!%&($#$%^#%^*^#@$$#^&869**&^$#%&^* FRIEND CODES!!!!!1
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Black_Knight_00

I agree, they should make something like what they have on the DS, where you can choose to skip the main DS menu. Why would you want an autostart delay though? I would also get rid of friend codes, or at least make it a one way system, so both people don't have to put in a code.

AdRock92

The delay would be useful if you wanted to cancel the autostart (for instance: suppose you set the autostart on the disc channel, because it's the one you use the most, but when you decide to turn on the Wii to browse the internet channel: damn! The game autostarts and you have to manually quit to the Wii menu. That's where a little delay comes in handy, so you have time to start the channel you want).

f8al13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 f8al13
Member since 2006 • 878 Posts
Developers that acctually try and make good games instead of taking advantage of the wii.
air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#39 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts

HD support

Voice Chat

No friend codes

da_shooter_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 da_shooter_19
Member since 2007 • 214 Posts

voice chat

hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 hellhund
At the moment, nothing. But I would like access to the SD card opened up for games so that I can make full use of WiiWare when it comes out.
kombat130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 kombat130
Member since 2007 • 116 Posts

theres a lot to make the wii better

1.wallpaper for wii menu

2.Voice chat

3.no friend codes(usernames)

4.hard drive

5.downloadable content for games

6.more wi-fi connection on games

7.more trailers to download

8.more channels for wiiware

gamer6464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 gamer6464
Member since 2006 • 2239 Posts

Full support of SD cards. I want to be able to play VC and WiiWare games directly off of one. ozzsoad

that would be good for us, but bad for nintendo. Instead of 2 friends each buying the game, they could just take turns sharing the SD card.

What i would like though is wallpapers for the wii menu backround

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="lancea34"]An eject tab in the Disc Channel. I'm a bit lazy to go and PRESS the eject button.creepy_mike

Don't you have to walk up anyway to take the disc out?

No. PAL version Wiis already do that. The console spits the disc out at 80Mph. You have 55% chance of survival.

Skie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45 Skie7
Member since 2005 • 1031 Posts

Here are a few little things I'd like:

• Scroll-wheel on the Wiimote
  • Full support for SD cards
  • Classic controller that doesn't have to be plugged into a Wiimote
  • Cheaper VC games

Here are a few bigger things I'd like:

• HDD for storage
  • Tie friend codes to a username and provide notification when you've been added as a friend (either by username or friend code). Even better, allow a Wii to have 5-10 profiles (usernames) that can have different parental control settings.
  • No game friend codes, you should be able to play with any friends you have provided they have the game as well
  • Voice chat and instant messaging
  • Friends list that lets you know when a friend is online and what game they're playing

chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

I would like to see on-line worth playing on the Wii (SSBB on-line is a joke).

I would also like to see usernames as oposed to friend codes. (friend codes are also a joke)

hellhund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 hellhund

[QUOTE="ozzsoad"]Full support of SD cards. I want to be able to play VC and WiiWare games directly off of one. gamer6464

that would be good for us, but bad for nintendo. Instead of 2 friends each buying the game, they could just take turns sharing the SD card.

What i would like though is wallpapers for the wii menu backround

They could link the WiiWare and VC games to the console so that it wouldn't play on another console.

Avatar image for Bliind-Guardian
Bliind-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Bliind-Guardian
Member since 2006 • 738 Posts

well, i see it could have 2 diff things

1 no friend codes.... they're just.... ridiculous seriously

2 gud graphics and a hard drive, so it could have some of those cool "multiplatform games" :P