Tenchu 4 Gamespot review

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts

Solid 5.0.

Click!

And for the heck of it, I'll post my predictions from an old thread here!

Rygar: 5.0 - Off
House of the Dead: Overkill: 8.0 - Win!
Deadly Creature: 7.5 - Win!
Tenchu 4: 3.5- off
Onechambara: 5.5 - off
Dead Rising: 4.5 - yet to be decidedDark_Link142

Still, review scores are just opinions. I hope nobody takes this too seriously or anything.

I'm 2 for 5. Ouch. :P

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 clicketyclick
Member since 2008 • 7136 Posts
WOW very low!!!! You're a good predictor. What do you base your predictions on?
Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts
[QUOTE="clicketyclick"]WOW very low!!!! You're a good predictor. What do you base your predictions on?

Whatever number pops into my head. :P I have little basis behind my predictions.
AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 AlexSays
Member since 2008 • 6612 Posts

Damn you and your fast typing skills! :x

Yous made me killz my thread.

Edit: Taken from my now imaginary post, the scoring here seems... questionable.

Especially because it puts Tenchu just below this game and just above this game.

I also believe the Metacritic score for Tenchu is 2.2 points higher, while the user rating here is 3.3 points higher.

Avatar image for enrique_marrodz
enrique_marrodz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#5 enrique_marrodz
Member since 2003 • 2107 Posts
I really think GS likes to bash the so called "hard core" games for the Wii, just to margin it to casual users. Just take a look at the tiltes they review and how much it takes if any "less casual" game gets reviewed.
Shayde_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Shayde_Shadow
Member since 2009 • 213 Posts

Why the hell a 5!!!

I've read heaps of reviews praising Tenchu 4, giving it 8's and 9's

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18257 Posts
I didnt see this comming, even worst Chris Watters made the review and for me his reviews are pretty accurate, but IMO, Chirs you fail hard this time.
clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 clicketyclick

Damn you and your fast typing skills! :x

Yous made me killz my thread.

Edit: Taken from my now imaginary post, the scoring here seems... questionable.

Especially because it puts Tenchu just below this game and just above this game.

I also believe the Metacritic score for Tenchu is 2.2 points higher, while the user rating here is 3.3 points higher.

AlexSays
oh i hate it when people try to compare to other games in other genres by other reviewers. Any case, the review is extremely detailed and explains well why the rating is "Mediocre". I was surprised at first, but it makes sense. Besides, I love Watters. ^___^
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#9 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts
That's the largest disparity between GameSpot's score and the average user score that I've seen in over a year, and that tends not to be a terribly good thing.
AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AlexSays

oh i hate it when people try to compare to other games in other genres by other reviewers.clicketyclick

Doesn't change the fact when people scroll through the recent reviews they'll see Tenchu at 5 and Nancy Drew at 5.5.

That doesn't make Tenchu look all that great.

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 clicketyclick
That's the largest disparity between GameSpot's score and the average user score that I've seen in over a year, and that tends not to be a terribly good thing.GabuEx
I wouldn't necessarily jump to that conclusion. When a game isn't that great or is very niche, the only people who go out and buy it tend to be people who are already convinced of the game's ascendency or are serious, dedicated fans of the series. There may be some newcomers who genuinely enjoy it, but most of the people who buy it will already be believers that the game is the bee's knees before they buy it. Thus, they inevitably rate it well, and thus, when it actually gets a score, that score will inevitably be lower, if it truly does reflect what the general gaming populace would think of the game had they played it too.
santiagochile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 santiagochile
Member since 2005 • 1717 Posts

Solid 5.0.

Click!

[QUOTE="Dark_Link142"]Rygar: 5.0 - Off

Still, review scores are just opinions. I hope nobody takes this too seriously or anything.

Are therre two Tenchu games for Wii? I'm playing Shadow Assasins. When does Tenchu 4 come out?
clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 clicketyclick
Shadow Assassins is Tenchu 4. Shadow Assassins is the NA name stuck on the box.

[QUOTE="clicketyclick"]oh i hate it when people try to compare to other games in other genres by other reviewers.AlexSays

Doesn't change the fact when people scroll through the recent reviews they'll see Tenchu at 5 and Nancy Drew at 5.5.

Um... maybe this is uninformed, but I reckon the target audience of Nancy Drew is not the same as that of Tenchu. I doubt anyone from that target audience would be comparing the games and thinking, "oh golly, Tenchu scored lower so I guess I'll go with Nancy Drew." :P
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#14 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
[QUOTE="santiagochile"][QUOTE="Dark_Link142"]

Solid 5.0.

Click!

Rygar: 5.0 - Off

Are therre two Tenchu games for Wii? I'm playing Shadow Assasins. When does Tenchu 4 come out?

It's been out for 2 weeks solid now.. *Bandit Keith's abridged voice*in America.
Devil-Itachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Devil-Itachi
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts
I got the same two right as you did. No one got Tenchu 4 right, the closes was Kenjifire who guessed a 6.0.
lucifer3999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lucifer3999
Member since 2005 • 2319 Posts

wow..yeah the tenchu review seems a little fishy.

i think im pretty hard when reviewing games and only buy games that i feel are high quality..so i kinda took a chance with this game

after playing and beating it i gave this game an 8 and felt wholeheartedly that it deserved nothing more or less than an 8 (in my unbiased opinion, im not a big fan of tenchu).

i think relying on a website for reviews is pretty stupid..after all its not just one person who reviews all the games, its multiple people with different tastes, preferences and experience...relying on any "professional reviewers" is questionable these days

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
all i can say is wow a wii game that gets a low review on Gamespot what a shocker
AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AlexSays

"oh golly, Tenchu scored lower so I guess I'll go with Nancy Drew." :Pclicketyclick

That's exactly what I said. How'd you know?! :o

My copy will be here in 5-7 days. 8)

Avatar image for DaLegendKilla92
DaLegendKilla92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DaLegendKilla92
Member since 2007 • 919 Posts
This made me bust out laughing. Gamespot does it again.
clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 clicketyclick

wow..yeah the tenchu review seems a little fishy.

i think im pretty hard when reviewing games and only buy games that i feel are high quality..so i kinda took a chance with this game

after playing and beating it i gave this game an 8 and felt wholeheartedly that it deserved nothing more or less than an 8 (in my unbiased opinion, im not a big fan of tenchu).

lucifer3999
Yep, cuz all opinions besides yours, since your opinion is unbiased... opinion...unbiased...opinion..., are highly suspicious and unacceptable.

i think relying on a website for reviews is pretty stupid..after all its not just one person who reviews all the games, its multiple people with different tastes, preferences and experience...relying on any "professional reviewers" is questionable these days

lucifer3999
Ya, wouldn't want to rely on one person for a review... unless that person is you, because your opinion is...unbiased... :lol:
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

At least Chris doesn't leave you wondering why he scored the game the way he did, like reviewers occasionally do. Three of the paragraphs are dedicated entirely to describing what he thinks the flaws are, and most of the other paragraphs have at least a few flaws mentioned in them.

Are those flaws true, though? Here are the main flaws he mentions:

1. Questionable stealth mechanics: "You could conceivably kill a guard, get discovered, vanish, and do it all again until no one is left standing, and only your end-of-level ranking would be adversely affected. This fundamentally undermines the stealth gameplay and makes the whole game feel kind of broken."
  2. Awkward controls: "You can shake the remote quickly to roll into cover or away from your enemy. This is usually a helpful move, but sometimes you may end up inadvertently rolling sideways into a fire or backward off of a cliff....The remote is not very responsive in [first-person] encounters, and blocking enemy attacks is prohibitively difficult."
  3. Terrible AI: "The dead bodies remain on the ground while other guards resume their patrol, walking right by corpses without blinking....As [a guard's] dead body lay burning on the ground, another guard came over to investigate, caught fire, and died. This happened on multiple occasions."
  4. Not fun: "This would be fine if the levels were fun the first time through, but they usually aren't."

The last one is the most subjective, but it's also the most important part of a review. We can usually forgive some flaws if the game is still fun, so it's a huge knock on the game to say it isn't fun. He also seems to do a good job of explaining why he didn't have much fun with it. That final flaw can easily be argued against if you personally did have fun with it, but are the first three major flaws actually true?

Chojuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Chojuto
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
Ouch...
gronk-bonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gronk-bonk
Member since 2008 • 1951 Posts
ive lost faith in gamespot wii reviews, when u lock at the average critic score for tenchu it is 7.1 thats 2 points higher than gamespot. Something sus is happening when u look at professional reviews for a particular game u would expect scoring to be around the same but not large differences.
clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 clicketyclick
You missed a major flaw he mentioned, Jordan. You missed Game Logic. The game is irrational and inconsistent; it relies on a "logic" that is internal to the game only, and doesn't make sense outside it. Why are foot soldiers better swordsmen than bosses? Why are low-ranking guards defter than ninjas? Why do cats make guards think that people are there and set them on alarm? Why are guards not alarmed by the presence of dead bodies while they are alarmed by feral cats; why do only the latter make them think someone is there? Why do guards with restricted fields of vision have better fields of vision?
alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

I dont know what he is talking about.

Ok. i will give him some of the things he said in that review, but the sword fights are awesome!

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts
You missed a major flaw he mentioned, Jordan. You missed Game Logic.clicketyclick
I took those as several minor complaints, but I guess they do add up to a collective major flaw.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
im constantly amazed by the fact that gs is actually taking their time to review games. first SFIV and now this. good job GS
clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 clicketyclick

[QUOTE="clicketyclick"]You missed a major flaw he mentioned, Jordan. You missed Game Logic.JordanElek
I took those as several minor complaints, but I guess they do add up to a collective major flaw.

He mentions it in the opening paragraph, so I figure it factors pretty big with him that it has broken logic. And for me, that's a game killer. Oh, and here's another: why are the controls so awkward and stiff and inflexible if you're a ninja.

ive lost faith in gamespot wii reviews, when u lock at the average critic score for tenchu it is 7.1 thats 2 points higher than gamespot. Something sus is happening when u look at professional reviews for a particular game u would expect scoring to be around the same but not large differences.gronk-bonk

The quality of a review isn't determined by whether the reviewer has the same opinion as other reviewers. That's the bandwagon fallacy. You're allowed to disagree with other people without losing credibility. I mean, you better hope that's true cuz you gave Yu-Gi-Oh! Nightmare Troubadour an 8.5 but its metascore is only 7.3. That's 1.2 points higher. Oh dear.

GameSpot is consistently and consciously more critical of games than other sites. Its 5 is what other sites dole out as a 7. I'm not just saying that. GS's and IGN's 7 mean different things, according to each site, and a statistical analysis showed that IGN among other sites treat 7 as average, while GS's was lower.

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts
Way to make me look like a moron, Gamespot! You finally got around to reviewing some games, which threw part of my prediction off. Thanks a lot... :P As for Tenchu 4's score, OUCH! :|
mdisen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 mdisen2
Member since 2005 • 1133 Posts
I would just like to point out, and apparently I'm the only person alive who thinks this way, but a 5.0 isn't a bad game.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GabuEx

I wouldn't necessarily jump to that conclusion. When a game isn't that great or is very niche, the only people who go out and buy it tend to be people who are already convinced of the game's ascendency or are serious, dedicated fans of the series. There may be some newcomers who genuinely enjoy it, but most of the people who buy it will already be believers that the game is the bee's knees before they buy it. Thus, they inevitably rate it well, and thus, when it actually gets a score, that score will inevitably be lower, if it truly does reflect what the general gaming populace would think of the game had they played it too.clicketyclick

Well, all I know is two facts:

1. I have pretty much never once substantially disagreed with the user consensus on GameSpot with respect to a game.

2. The extent to which I find a review on GameSpot useful tends to be directly proportional to how close it is to the average user score.

One can argue that all reviews are just opinions, but in the case of professional reviews, their main purpose is to tell people whether or not they will enjoy, and thus should buy, a video game. If a review comes out that the vast majority of people disagree with, I would personally argue that it is an objectively bad review, as it has failed in its task of adequately advising the people reading it.

santiagochile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 santiagochile
I would just like to point out, and apparently I'm the only person alive who thinks this way, but a 5.0 isn't a bad game.mdisen2
Are you out of your mind?? A 5.0 review is like saying the game is trash! a good game is 9 or above, a decent game 8, and an average game is above 7. Anything below is just not very good.
Bass7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33 Bass7
Member since 2004 • 6614 Posts
[QUOTE="santiagochile"][QUOTE="Dark_Link142"]

wiifan001

It's been out for 2 weeks solid now.. *Bandit Keith's abridged voice*in America.

Lol, Yugioh The Abridged Series. xD.

Anyways, I stopped reading Gamespot reviews when Jeff got fired :(.

santiagochile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 santiagochile

I dont know what he is talking about.

Ok. i will give him some of the things he said in that review, but the sword fights are awesome!

alexh_99
I disagree, the sword fights ruin the game. The rest is fun, even though the Ninjas are a bit stiff. The graphics are very good for a Wii game, and the music is really good. As for the sword fights, I try to play without them, they simply ruin the experience.
santiagochile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 santiagochile
[QUOTE="clicketyclick"]Shadow Assassins is Tenchu 4. Shadow Assassins is the NA name stuck on the box.

[QUOTE="clicketyclick"]oh i hate it when people try to compare to other games in other genres by other reviewers.AlexSays

Um... maybe this is uninformed, but I reckon the target audience of Nancy Drew is not the same as that of Tenchu. I doubt anyone from that target audience would be comparing the games and thinking, "oh golly, Tenchu scored lower so I guess I'll go with Nancy Drew." :P

So the game is NOT called Tenchu 4. Can people here not read?
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GabuEx

GameSpot is consistently and consciously more critical of games than other sites. Its 5 is what other sites dole out as a 7. I'm not just saying that.

clicketyclick

That is actually provably false. I unfortunately can't offer a link at the moment since Gamerankings appears to be down at the moment, but the average GameSpot review compared to the average review was something like -0.5, give or take 0.1-0.2. The fact that GameSpot tends to be a little stricter (emphasis on "a little") certainly does not wholly explain a 2.7-point disparity.

Yojimbo25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#37 Yojimbo25
Member since 2005 • 535 Posts
To be honest, and like before Gamespot is the only website that had given Tenchu 4 a low score. Ign scored it in the eights, and several magazine's also score it very well too. Gamespot is way too harsh on their reviews. Hell the gave the PS3 version of Fallout 3 a lower score over technical issues, that I never ever encountered during my time with the game..
Master_Hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 Master_Hermes
Member since 2003 • 5913 Posts

Why the hell a 5!!!

I've read heaps of reviews praising Tenchu 4, giving it 8's and 9's

Shayde_Shadow

It's been getting some bad reviews too, some people just didn't like it.

Master_Hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 Master_Hermes
Member since 2003 • 5913 Posts

I would just like to point out, and apparently I'm the only person alive who thinks this way, but a 5.0 isn't a bad game.mdisen2

Bad? Maybe not, but a 5 is certainly not worth $50 or $60. Games are expensive little things and that's why reviews are far more important in this medium than in movies or books. if Tenchu was $10 or $20 then far less people would take a 5 as meaning bad and take it for what it really means, "mediocre." Sadly mediocre is not good enough for most people's $50.

Not to sound like I'm condemning the game, though. Gamespot seems to be in the minority with this opinion, it's good to read a variety of reviews before a purchase you're not sure of is made. Also, I stopped caring about Gamespot's reviews after they gave Perfect Dark Zero a 9.0 and My Life as a King a 5.0, we don't seem to agree very often.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 GabuEx

Well, the average game review is a 7.0, so just by that 5.0 is solidly and provably below average; whether or not that qualifies it as "bad" is up to the beholder.

pmpmn11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 pmpmn11
Member since 2003 • 121 Posts
wow a five, there must be major flaws. The wii is dissapointing lately.
JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts

[QUOTE="clicketyclick"]I wouldn't necessarily jump to that conclusion. When a game isn't that great or is very niche, the only people who go out and buy it tend to be people who are already convinced of the game's ascendency or are serious, dedicated fans of the series. There may be some newcomers who genuinely enjoy it, but most of the people who buy it will already be believers that the game is the bee's knees before they buy it. Thus, they inevitably rate it well, and thus, when it actually gets a score, that score will inevitably be lower, if it truly does reflect what the general gaming populace would think of the game had they played it too.GabuEx

Well, all I know is two facts:

1. I have pretty much never once substantially disagreed with the user consensus on GameSpot with respect to a game.

2. The extent to which I find a review on GameSpot useful tends to be directly proportional to how close it is to the average user score.

One can argue that all reviews are just opinions, but in the case of professional reviews, their main purpose is to tell people whether or not they will enjoy, and thus should buy, a video game. If a review comes out that the vast majority of people disagree with, I would personally argue that it is an objectively bad review, as it has failed in its task of adequately advising the people reading it.

The thing is, the vast majority always disagrees with a low review score on a hyped game so that would mean that only high scoring reviews is accurate.

It's strange that so many people question this review because it is lower than the average but the HOTD:O review seems perfectly fine even though it's higher than the average. Isn't that just as bad or even worse when you think about it?

Is it really the truth people want out or is something else?
freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts
Actually scored lower than my prediction (6.5) I honestly wasn't impressed by any videos anyway. For those getting it, enjoy.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 GabuEx

The thing is, the vast majority always disagrees with a low review score on a hyped game so that would mean that only high scoring reviews is accurate.

It's strange that so many people question this review because it is lower than the average but the HOTD:O review seems perfectly fine even though it's higher than the average. Isn't that just as bad or even worse when you think about it?

JLF1

Eh? The House of the Dead: Overkill review on GS gave it an 8.0. The critic average is... 8.0 on the nose. That's as bang-on as you can get.

And I'm not talking about people disagreeing with a review just in the sense of people not liking the score. I mean in the sense of people buying the game despite the review and having an opinion of the game that is diametrically opposed to the opinion presented in the official review. I don't at all subscribe to the idea that a professional review is "just an opinion"; the entire point of a review is to correctly advise people with regards to whether or not they will enjoy a game. If it does not do so, then in my view it is an objectively bad review, as I said.

Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45 Lord_Daemon
Member since 2005 • 24535 Posts

The Tenchu and Dynasty Warriors series have been generic kicking stones for the reviewing community for quite some time. Sure they have their faults and even people who love the games will tell you what they are, but for some reason when both of these series get reviewed they receive much harsher criticism than a game of equal merit would.

I think the gaming community has grown pretty accustomed to ignoring almost any review dealing with both those franchises as they simply can't trust them to give a truthful and honest review. I am in the middle of quite a few games at the moment so I haven't gotten to this particular Tenchu so I can't argue with any specific points the GS reviewer has stated as of yet but you can be sure I'm not really paying any negative reviews much heed unless they come from Tenchu player vets.

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts

[QUOTE="JLF1"]

GabuEx

Eh? The House of the Dead: Overkill review on GS gave it an 8.0. The critic average is... 8.0 on the nose. That's as bang-on as you can get.

And I'm not talking about people disagreeing with a review just in the sense of people not liking the score. I mean in the sense of people buying the game despite the review and having an opinion of the game that is diametrically opposed to the opinion presented in the official review. I don't at all subscribe to the idea that a professional review is "just an opinion"; the entire point of a review is to correctly advise people with regards to whether or not they will enjoy a game. If it does not do so, then in my view it is an objectively bad review, as I said.

The critic average of HOTD: O is 78 on Metacritic, that is lower than GS's score.

The thing is, a review can never tell you if you will enjoy a game or not so that would mean that every review is bad. This review states that the game is not fun to play but you might enjoy the game. This doesn't mean that it is a bad review, it only means that the reviewer had a different opinion than yours.

This review does what you asks it to do. The reviewer clearly states what he doesn't like in the game and why it does so. This means that a reader can easily see if these things the reviewer didn't like is going to bother him if he buys the game or if he doesn't care about these problems.

I agree that a review should clearly state why a game is bad or good and if it doesn't it's a bad review, GS has done this a lot of times but this review clearly states why the reviewer thinks the game is worthy of a 5 out of 10. The only problem people can have with this review is it's score and not it's content.
You can easily read the review and decide if you want to buy the game. If you will then enjoy the game is entirely up to you.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GabuEx

The critic average of HOTD: O is 78 on Metacritic, that is lower than GS's score.JLF1

Not by what one would call a statistically significant margin. A 0.2-point divergence from the average is rather different than a 2.0-point divergence, or a 3.1-point divergence if you compare the review to the average user score. For comparison, the HOTD:O review is only 0.3 points below the average user score.

The thing is, a review can never tell you if you will enjoy a game or not so that would mean that every review is bad. This review states that the game is not fun to play but you might enjoy the game. This doesn't mean that it is a bad review, it only means that the reviewer had a different opinion than yours.

This review does what you asks it to do. The reviewer clearly states what he doesn't like in the game and why it does so. This means that a reader can easily see if these things the reviewer didn't like is going to bother him if he buys the game or if he doesn't care about these problems.

I agree that a review should clearly state why a game is bad or good and if it doesn't it's a bad review, GS has done this a lot of times but this review clearly states why the reviewer thinks the game is worthy of a 5 out of 10. The only problem people can have with this review is it's score and not it's content.
You can easily read the review and decide if you want to buy the game. If you will then enjoy the game is entirely up to you.JLF1

A review can never tell every single person on the planet whether they'll like it or not, but a review's overall score certainly can either be within or not within the general are of the consensus among your average gamers who bought the game and have played it. And yes, you can say that people should ignore the score and just read the review - something I certainly agree with - but to understand how important the score is, just ask yourself how many times you've seen someone look at a review score and say "oh well, I guess I won't get it." Like it or not, if you give a game a score, then chances are people are going to give it an awfully large weight in terms of decision-making. People are lazy, and reading a single number takes an awful lot less effort than reading a page or a two-page review.

And yeah, you can clearly state why you don't like a game - and I will give the review credit for doing so - but you could really give reasons for most any game under the sun for why you either liked it or didn't like it. I'm sure someone could give, say, Super Mario Galaxy a 1.0 and give a long list of reasons for why they didn't like it which would substantiate the score, but that wouldn't make it a terribly useful review for, well, pretty well anyone else on the planet.

King-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#48 King-gamer
Member since 2006 • 5633 Posts
Wow, that's a terrible score. but then I'm not really into the whole stealth genre so either way I won't be getting this game anyway.
krayziecupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 krayziecupid
Member since 2003 • 448 Posts
This just proves that Gamespot is fanboys of 360 and PS3, that is why They are very late reviewing Wii games because they are busy playing on 360 and PS3. i think Gamespot should have specific game reviewers like what IGN which has specific game reviewers on Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo etc... i still think this game deserves even a 7.5 score
Toki1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Toki1776
Member since 2005 • 264 Posts
Wow... I haven't disagreed this much with a GS review since Radiant Dawn came out...I really don't think the flaws he mentioned warrant that score... Granted, the "game logic" thing is somewhat true, though it's not an issue at all for me. I, along with most gamers, have played many other games with logic that only works within them(turn based RPG are the first example I can think of)... This game acheives, to me at least, it's intended purpose well, and offers decent stealth gameplay...