Super Wii or Wii 2??????

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kaycon11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kaycon11
Member since 2008 • 442 Posts

Ok, we all know Nintendo is going to make another system, and what I want to know is... If you had to choose a name for the next system and you had to choose between the Super Wii or the Wii 2, which would you choose?

I personally would pick the Super Wii because that would take it back to the good ol days, you know, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Im kinda getting sick of the whole Playstation, Playstation 2, Playstation 3, Playstation 4 and so on way of naming. Plus I think Lots of people would not call it the Wii 2, they would prolly refer to it as the Wii still, where as if you call it the Super Wii, people will prolly call it the Super Wii.

Oh, and if you got any other Ideas then Wii 2 or Super Wii, go ahead and give them, but I think if it don't have the Wii name in it, it better be somthing really impressive because the Wii name is so huge now that I don't think nintendo can throw it away when naming their next system.

Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
Revolution sounds like a fun name... ;)
bbtcbbtc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 bbtcbbtc
Member since 2005 • 1028 Posts
i really dont think that nintendo's next console will have wii in it. but i chose super wii.
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts
How 'bout WiiWii?
Cheazie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Cheazie
Member since 2008 • 447 Posts
as we had the revolution how about the devolution!
bobderwood97_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 bobderwood97_1
Member since 2003 • 964 Posts
Wii-Wii!
NFS102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#7 NFS102
Member since 2007 • 27011 Posts

Yeah, I don't think it will have Wii in it either. But it won't be super Wii, no that wouldn't be good..,

kaycon11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kaycon11
How 'bout WiiWii?bob_newman
LOL, that would be going a little to far, I think Super Wii would be the best, because I really hope they do, I actually am just kinda hoping for them to keep the Wii controls, maybe even let you use all the old Wii controllers and stuff and pretty much upgrade the graphics to 360 quality, maybe a little better, add a big built in hard drive and have great online support from the get go with Dreamcast and GC VC games, and maybe eventually Wii games.
Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
It will have a completely different game, I think.
Lyphe2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lyphe2k
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
Blegh, none. I appreciate the idea behind the Wii's name but I still think it sounds dumb.
harrisi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 harrisi17
Member since 2004 • 4010 Posts
Nintendo hasn't continued with a name for a console since the nes/snes. I doubt they will this time either.
kaycon11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kaycon11

Nintendo hasn't continued with a name for a console since the nes/snes. I doubt they will this time either.harrisi17
Ya but the Wii is the biggest name they've had since the original Nintendo name. The 64 and Gamecube did not come close to the original nintendo or Wii names, I'm telling you, Everyone and their grand ma knows what the Wii is, there are lots who would prolly not know what the 64 or Gamecube is, you sii, the Wii is the most popular name and most reconizable name for a console since Nintendo, and you see, with the Nintendo, they did not kill the name, they came back and had the Super nintendo, and then they kinda did it with the 64, because I think it was intended to be referred to as "Nintendo 64" And not just as "64", but with the gamecube, the nintendo name was almost always absent, you know what I mean, people would always say "Gamecube" Not "Nintendo Gamecube" and the problem with that is the fact that Nintendo is such a big name, well, with the wii, people lots of time refer to it as "Wii" But thats ok because the name is just as big as the Nintendo name so it can stand by itself, so What I'm pretty much saying is, Nintendo needs to keep Wii in the name of the next console, its that simple.

Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#14 Lunar52
Member since 2006 • 2538 Posts
The name Wii has grown on me and I like it but Nintendo never makes "sequel name " like Sony does. It's always a different name. However, I think the next Nintendo System will have the same controls but have them a little bit different with some new buttons and even better controls than they are now. That system probably won't even be announced until about 4-5 years from now so enjoy the Wii and the improvements that they make on it.
mr_bri9htside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#15 mr_bri9htside
Member since 2005 • 1948 Posts

How 'bout WiiWii?bob_newman

Well what if someone asks "Do you have a WiiWii?!"

LMFAO

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts
Wii HD it'll be about darn time in 2011!
reinchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 reinchester
Member since 2004 • 363 Posts

Nintendo Super 64 Game Wii in a birchbark canoe.

kaycon11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kaycon11
The name Wii has grown on me and I like it but Nintendo never makes "sequel name " like Sony does. It's always a different name. However, I think the next Nintendo System will have the same controls but have them a little bit different with some new buttons and even better controls than they are now. That system probably won't even be announced until about 4-5 years from now so enjoy the Wii and the improvements that they make on it.Lunar52
I kinda agree with you but I think the next system will come in 2010 or 2011 which is about 2.5-3 years from now, so I think it will be here sooner than you think and I also think they keep the controlls exactly the same, maybe even to the point to where you can use you old wiimote and add ons for the next console's games. I also think it will clock in around $300 and I think they will have better third party support because I don't think Microsoft and Sony will try to go too crazy with their next consoles, I think MS will bring out their next system in 2010 and I think they will only shoot for DX10 type graphics, pretty much Crysis type graphics but being able to run it with graphics close to their finest and running at atleast a solid 30 fps. Meaning that it won't be too hard for developers to make a great looking ms system game and then easily port it over for the next nintendo system because the 360 graphics look very good and they still will then, I mean right now they are talkin rumors of a gimped down Crysis and that could be possible, so I think the next nintendo system will be alright when it comes to third party games, this is assuming of course Nintendo goes only for 360 type graphics, which I think they will, and MS and Sony don't go too crazy and shoot for only DX10 type graphics that can run at silky smooth framerates.
BubbyJello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BubbyJello
Member since 2007 • 2750 Posts
I pick other. It should be called the "Uz".
dirtymurdy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dirtymurdy123
Member since 2007 • 169 Posts

ooooooooo how about the wii64?????????________________________________________

_____________________________________-

_____________________________________-

Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Lunar52
[QUOTE="Lunar52"]The name Wii has grown on me and I like it but Nintendo never makes "sequel name " like Sony does. It's always a different name. However, I think the next Nintendo System will have the same controls but have them a little bit different with some new buttons and even better controls than they are now. That system probably won't even be announced until about 4-5 years from now so enjoy the Wii and the improvements that they make on it.kaycon11
I kinda agree with you but I think the next system will come in 2010 or 2011 which is about 2.5-3 years from now, so I think it will be here sooner than you think and I also think they keep the controlls exactly the same, maybe even to the point to where you can use you old wiimote and add ons for the next console's games. I also think it will clock in around $300 and I think they will have better third party support because I don't think Microsoft and Sony will try to go too crazy with their next consoles, I think MS will bring out their next system in 2010 and I think they will only shoot for DX10 type graphics, pretty much Crysis type graphics but being able to run it with graphics close to their finest and running at atleast a solid 30 fps. Meaning that it won't be too hard for developers to make a great looking ms system game and then easily port it over for the next nintendo system because the 360 graphics look very good and they still will then, I mean right now they are talkin rumors of a gimped down Crysis and that could be possible, so I think the next nintendo system will be alright when it comes to third party games, this is assuming of course Nintendo goes only for 360 type graphics, which I think they will, and MS and Sony don't go too crazy and shoot for only DX10 type graphics that can run at silky smooth framerates.

Good prediction. I just remembered it was 2008 and Im so used to thinking 4 years from now is 2011 lol. I still think the system will be announced in late 2009 or E3 2010. It will probably come out in late 2011 which is my prediction. I think the control will be a lot like it is now but with a few different buttons and even better motion controls. I also am hoping for at least a 20 GB Hard Drive. Also, I hope they make a better online "friending" system then Friend Codes.
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts
Wiid would be a good name
Junior_AIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 132

User Lists: 1

#23 Junior_AIN
Member since 2007 • 4703 Posts
Why does it have to be Wii? Why wasn't wii a GameCube 2......or Super GameCube......
Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lunar52
Why does it have to be Wii? Why wasn't wii a GameCube 2......or Super GameCube......Junior_AIN

Because GameCube didn't sell as well as XBOX and PS2 so they made up a whole new concept. Don't get me wrong I loved the good old GC but the Wii is selling a lot better.
Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
I think a good name for the console after Wii is WII, the last two figures being both two capital i letters symbolising that while the console is still for everyone it apeals more to mature audiences than Wii did, and also two roman numeral number ones.
paul999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 paul999
Member since 2003 • 240 Posts
They should Impove it and make a Wii2.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#27 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

well actually 64 continued it ,, it was called the nintendo 64 entertainment system on the box ,, we use nintendo 64 for the short name,, gamecube was the first to have its own name, wii continued that ,, so no i dont think the next nintendo is wii 2 or super wii

itll incorporate wiis controls, a much more advanced one if nintendo chooses, or a traditional console, the way its going itll be wiis controls with ultra powerful multimedia capable machine look at this pattern nintendo took for 3 whole generations until it found the best graphics it can or wanted to make us happy with then come up with a whole new control scheme combine these up and you have the best gaming system out there , look they listened to our complaints or other complaints on gamecube ,, and incorporated , online focused machine somthing weve complained about ,, and less kid oriented titles lets be honest

,, what is nintendos next answer-hd graphics and a hdd,, while sony and ms did everything that can be done nintendo has gone the distance to ignore the hd graphics and hdd for now to introduce new control scheme they said it them selves they were taking this direction ,, not a bad choice i must say because while sony and ms wait 10 yrs ,,, nintendo waits 3-4 yrs max 5 yrs on this gen ,, to add controls and more powerful graphics then that of 360 ps3,, by the time ps4 xbox 3 is out,, nintendo should announce ther next console not only does this make its competition miss out on one full competitions , generation,,, it also makes nintendo that much more ahead of the game i sure think 2009 will be wiis last big year going by gamecube and n64 n64=96-99 00 was not to big that was just before gc was released it would be soon then 01 but nintendo delayed it , so ya going by the past 2 gens 09 is the announcment year for next console,, the following yr would mark the release of the console making 2010 wiis last yr on the market if it doesnt end up like ps2 it only makes since as thats the usual life span of a console, ms and sony are trying for the first time as competitors not singlers, like ps1 and 2 to be competiting for 10 full yrs ,, and so far they only had 1-2 yrs respectivly ,

so ya if nintendo does not take the same route, theyll be ahead of the game ,

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#28 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

well actually 64 continued it ,, it was called the nintendo 64 entertainment system on the box ,, we use nintendo 64 for the short name,, gamecube was the first to have its own name, wii continued that ,, so no i dont think the next nintendo is wii 2 or super wii

itll incorporate wiis controls, a much more advanced one if nintendo chooses, or a traditional console, the way its going itll be wiis controls with ultra powerful multimedia capable machine look at this pattern nintendo took for 3 whole generations until it found the best graphics it can or wanted to make us happy with then come up with a whole new control scheme combine these up and you have the best gaming system out there , look they listened to our complaints or other complaints on gamecube ,, and incorporated , online focused machine somthing weve complained about ,, and less kid oriented titles lets be honest

,, what is nintendos next answer-hd graphics and a hdd,, while sony and ms did everything that can be done nintendo has gone the distance to ignore the hd graphics and hdd for now to introduce new control scheme they said it them selves they were taking this direction ,, not a bad choice i must say because while sony and ms wait 10 yrs ,,, nintendo waits 3-4 yrs max 5 yrs on this gen ,, to add controls and more powerful graphics then that of 360 ps3,, by the time ps4 xbox 3 is out,, nintendo should announce ther next console not only does this make its competition miss out on one full competitions , generation,,, it also makes nintendo that much more ahead of the game i sure think 2009 will be wiis last big year going by gamecube and n64 n64=96-99 00 was not to big that was just before gc was released it would be soon then 01 but nintendo delayed it , so ya going by the past 2 gens 09 is the announcment year for next console,, the following yr would mark the release of the console making 2010 wiis last yr on the market if it doesnt end up like ps2 it only makes since as thats the usual life span of a console, ms and sony are trying for the first time as competitors not singlers, like ps1 and 2 to be competiting for 10 full yrs ,, and so far they only had 1-2 yrs respectivly ,

gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11997 Posts
Revolution is my vote.
Avatar image for Bliind-Guardian
Bliind-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Bliind-Guardian
Member since 2006 • 738 Posts

i think it should have 2 names:

the YAY! you know, for all the fun stuff

and the PWNZ0R... cuz itll pwn

budweiserpett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 budweiserpett
Member since 2007 • 189 Posts
i dont think they have wii
Cheazie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Cheazie
Member since 2008 • 447 Posts

Wii-will-rock-you!

/end of thread.

Avatar image for ragingvoidofsca
ragingvoidofsca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ragingvoidofsca
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
What abaut "Wiiva Nintendo"
ganga_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ganga_
Member since 2007 • 790 Posts
Wii Revolution sounds great for me
hazbazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hazbazz
Member since 2005 • 7709 Posts
2 is japanese is Nee, so it should be called WiiNii. Hehehehe
NFS102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#36 NFS102
Member since 2007 • 27011 Posts
Revolution is my vote.gatsbythepig
razu_gamer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 razu_gamer2
Member since 2007 • 491 Posts
mii?
Ninjabeast2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ninjabeast2
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Why does it have to be Wii? Why wasn't wii a GameCube 2......or Super GameCube......Junior_AIN

simple -- the wii isn't a cube

I really want a new name for the next system

I want to look back and say that I had a Nintendo, a Wii, a GameCube, a DS, and then I would want something different, just as the other titles

A question -- why does a new system have to come out every 3 years? why don't they just take their time to make some great games for about five years or so?

EmperorZeruel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 EmperorZeruel
Member since 2007 • 4207 Posts
I believe it will have a entirely new name
GTANJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 GTANJ
Member since 2006 • 529 Posts
I'm pretty sure the next console they come out with is not going to have Wii in the name. I'm hoping they bring back the Revolution.
EnozmeH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 EnozmeH
Member since 2004 • 1019 Posts
The name Wii will be limited to this console, just because of the quality and style of what Nintendo brought to the world with the name :) i have no comment or suggestions for my own name to the new sytem... just don't like Super or part 2 :)
boo_dat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 boo_dat
Member since 2003 • 704 Posts
Maybe the new Nintendo should just simply be called 'Nintendo'...Although it may create confusion, people could just say, "new Nintendo"...I think I would like that.,,it's kind of stating Nintendo's found-again-glory and a new beginning to the world Nintendo created.
SuprSmshTaylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SuprSmshTaylor
Member since 2008 • 29 Posts

Yeah, I agree. There's no way that the next console will be named Wii 2 or WiiWii... or anything that has to do with 'Wii' in the title.

However: I'm wondering what will happen when they go next gen. Will they keep the motion sensing controls? Or will they make new Wii's the way they are now and just start manufacturing a new system?

Super_Ska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Super_Ska
Member since 2007 • 435 Posts

Revolution sounds like a fun name... ;)Staryoshi87

Sounds good to me.

Skie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45 Skie7
Member since 2005 • 1031 Posts

I pick other. It should be called the "Uz".BubbyJello

I was going to suggest that. Then their commercials would change from "Wii would like to play," to "Play with Uz."

kaycon11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 kaycon11

mariokart64fan
You are right on a lot of stuff there, but When it comes to the 64, All my friends called it the 64, not the "Nintendo 64" And there were alot of adults and older people I know that did not know what it was, and whenever any of my family or friends family refered to it, they just called it the "Nintendo", That is not what its like for the Wii, They don't call it the "Nintendo Wii" and they don't refer to it as the "Nintendo", they call it the "Wii", Wii is the biggest most reconizible name Nintendo has created since the name Nintendo, I'm telling you, They would be stupid not to include the name "Wii" in the name of the next console, there is alot of stuff they could call it, Wii2, Super Wii, Ultra Wii, Mega Wii, Poly Wii (Poly meaning more than 1), Wii 256 (sure it would never happen), Power Wii, Wii Power, and prolly many others, I'm just saying, it makes the most sense, especially if they are gonna keep the Wii controls for their next system, which I think they will.
Swifty_Magee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Swifty_Magee
Member since 2003 • 1130 Posts

I don't see how you could add anything on to the name "Wii" without coming off as corny and/or lame. For the next console, I think they'd have to go with a completely new name. Maybe they'll go back to the "(insert word or number) Nintendo" naming convention. Or maybe they'll stick with "Revolution" next time. I think it'd be cool if they just called it "The Machine"; it would be confusing as hell to ask for one in stores, but that would be part of the fun!

CPrince1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 CPrince1000
Member since 2007 • 744 Posts
I think they should call it something totally different
pinksolidsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 pinksolidsnake
Member since 2008 • 274 Posts
Wii-squared
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
2 is japanese is Nee, so it should be called WiiNii. Hehehehehazbazz
heh, I can only imagine what the other fanboys will come come up with... Weegee will be the new mascot

screenshot

screenshot