Ganondorf

Falco

Jigglypuff

"Duck Hunt" (Dog and ducks)

ROB

Dr. Mario

Dark Pit

Shulk

It looks pretty cool some interesting stuff. No Ice Climbers apparently .

Opinions?

-EDIT-

Screens are more details: http://nsider2.com/forums/index.php/topic/605064-possible-leaked-screens-for-ssb4-spoilers/

Another leaker says theres DLC set to include: Ice Climbers, Wolf, Snake, Lucas, and Chorus Kids.

Meinhard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 Meinhard1
Member since 2010 • 6790 Posts

People have been discussing this on gamefaqs for over a day, now. We're currently 50/50 on the leak. Like the gamexplain video says, you can't really know for sure either way, at the moment.

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#3 PikachuDude860
Member since 2014 • 1810 Posts

I hope this is real. Shulk should definitely be in.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

I call fake. I don't believe that 3DS "visual glitch" speculation shown to the left and the character select screen looks incredibly inconsistent for Smash Bros, as mentioned in Wii U Daily:

"What really bothered me in relation to the leak, besides the return of some clones, is the inconsistency of the character selection screen. Several characters are displaced from representatives of their respective franchises, and the general layout of the screen does not make sense. Why is Yoshi between Bowser and Rosalina, since he represents its own series and that these two represent the Mario's? Why is there this interruption? In previous games, this was not the case. Yoshi stood apart from the others, such as Wario and etc.

You could argue that in Melee, Ganondorf was separated from Link, Zelda and Young Link and was next to Captain Falcon. But the difference is that Captain Falcon is the only representative of F-Zero, so it wouldn't be a way to Ganondorf disrupt the harmony between the representatives of F-Zero since there is only one. By the way, the character selection screen from Melee follows a certain pattern related to the characters and their counterparts in the form of clone. Ganondorf is next to the Captain Falcon, Falco is next to Fox, Dr. Mario is next to Mario, Young Link is next to Link, Pichu is next to Pikachu and Roy is next to Marth. There was a specific consistency, different from this supposed leak.

After all, why are Dr. Mario, Dark Pit and Lucina separated from their franchise colleagues? Just because they are clones? So what the hell Toon Link and Ganondorf (assuming he hasn't been changed) are doing next to Link, Zelda and Sheik? There's so much wrong here, something is not sounding right to me. Anyway, that's what I think.".

The order of the characters playable in the E3 demo are correct, but the placement of the others seem incredibly off.

EDIT: Removed the leaked images in case of spoilers.

EDIT2: Actually, nevermind. The title is enough warning for anyone who doesn't want to be potentially spoiled to simply ignore the thread. No spoiler block needed on posts.

EDIT3: Apparently some of the images are from separate leakers. Some could be real, others could be fake. Big leaks like these, especially since we're 23 days away from the Japanese release, are the perfect time for fakes to be uploaded to cause mass chaos and confusion from fans. Pokemon XY's leaks were the perfect example of how fake leaks can easily be in the same pile as the real ones. Trust any upcoming rumor or leak with a grain of salt.

EDIT4: The ESRB0083 nickname on Bowser is odd because ESRB does not play the games they rate before release. The developers are required to make a DVD of all the game's content and ESRB rates the game based off of that. Why would the leaker pretend to be an ESRB employee if ESRB do not have access to the game prior to release?

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

I know they talked about the thicker black line on Kirby but apparently that's an actual effect when you're choosing a character. So if its fake the guy has a very good eye. That whole ESRB thing is pretty damn weird in my opinion and does seem to make it less credible. The character placements do seem a bit strange.

The next character reveal will make or break this leak. Since we'll be able to compare the character art/model/pose to what's shown in the reveal/Smash website.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Guys, I can debunk this in three simple words " No Mii Fighters".
We know Mii Fighters are in the game, and we know both games will have the same roster of characters, so if this is the full roster, where are they?

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kaze_no_Mirai

@spike6958: thats actually a really good point...

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ANIMEguy10034

@spike6958: Common counter argument: customization appears to be off on the lower screen. They're also excluded from the roster when playing random online matches, which may be what we are looking at.

I hope this leak gets debunked fast.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

I refuse to get my hopes up until I can get some sort of official statement.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 spike6958

@ANIMEguy10034 said:

@spike6958: Common counter argument: customization appears to be off on the lower screen. They're also excluded from the roster when playing random online matches, which may be what we are looking at.

I hope this leak gets debunked fast.

Fair enough.

I don't know how I want this leak to pan out, there are parts of this leak that I like, and parts I hate.

Bowser Jr is someone I've personally wanted to see for a LONG time (I hope for his SMS incarnation, because his paintbrush could make for a very interesting way of fighting), Shulk is a great addition too (though personally I'd prefer Issac from Golden Sun instead), and happy to see Wario, Ganondorf, Falco, Jigglypuff, R.O.B and Ness return (and hopefully Ganondorf and Falco will have more unique movesets this time).

For me I think Dr Mario and Dark Pit should really just be alt-costumes for Mario and Pit, and instead they should have brought back someone like Mewtwo who's been long requested to return or just add more new characters.

As for Duck Hunt, WTF? First of all, they don't even give the characters a name or at least a title, just say what game there from, at least Wii Fit Trainer got a title because that's what she is a "Wii Fit Trainer", same with Mr. Game & Watch and Ice Climbers (who are disappointingly not on the list), that on it's own seems odd, even if they'd just named him "Duck Hunter", at least then it's a title and a little more consistent with everything else, as it is it stands out as really odd. Then there's just the character itself, it makes no sense, I mean I know R.O.B and Mr. Game & Watch didn't at first either, but there movesets where designed around there movements and actions, what on earth is Duck Hunt gonna do, laugh at you? Because that's all that dog does in the game.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I feel like Wario and Ganandorf are givens. How can you not have at least Wario?

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

Don't know if it's real but Shulk needs to be in this game, he's perfect for it with those Monado powers!

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

Excited if Snake returns.

GeekInkINC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 GeekInkINC
Member since 2014 • 206 Posts

I seriously doubt that's what the final selection of characters screen is going to look like. It looks incomplete. I'm betting they stick to the same formula they did in Brawl.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#15 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@ANIMEguy10034: Great catch with the spacing.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ANIMEguy10034

Uhh... damn, this looks incredibly difficult to fake:

Loading Video...

I'm hoping that roster image is missing characters because I'll be incredibly pissed if they managed to put in Dr. Mario and Dark Pit before Wolf, Lucas, Snake and Ice Climbers.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ANIMEguy10034

MORE LEAKED IMAGES

IF THESE TURN OUT TO BE FAKE THEN THERE'S SOMETHING WRONG WITH THIS WORLD

BUT IM STILL SALTY FOR THE LACK OF BRAWL VETERANS

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

#project dont buy smash 4

lol people so upset over characters. lets show sakurai we mean business.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts
@ANIMEguy10034 said:

Uhh... damn, this looks incredibly difficult to fake:

I'm hoping that roster image is missing characters because I'll be incredibly pissed if they managed to put in Dr. Mario and Dark Pit before Wolf, Lucas, Snake and Ice Climbers.

I believe it is unless they are going by a different roster format. With melee being the only exception, rosters usually finish in a square shape. Usually when it looks like a upside down pyramid, that implies there are hidden characters that needs to be unlocked. At least that's how it was in Brawl...

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ANIMEguy10034

"Leak3" This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Nintendo of America Inc.."

There it is. The last remaining speculation I had for these leaks being fake is gone.

Get your Monados ready, everyone. We're gonna KO the Duck Hunt dog!

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Man this story is everywhere. I'm deliberately avoiding it, I don't want a leak to spoil the game for me. So I'm on media black out with respect to Smash Bros.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

@ANIMEguy10034 said:

"Leak3" This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Nintendo of America Inc.."

There it is. The last remaining speculation I had for these leaks being fake is gone.

Get your Monados ready, everyone. We're gonna KO the Duck Hunt dog!

Nintendo having it removed, doesn't necessarily mean its real. They don't want misinformation being put out about their product, anymore than they want the real info out there. Keep in mind, they've had fan made trailers/movies and such also removed on copyright claims. However, it could be real, though I cant imagine someone being so stupid as to do that.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Kaze_no_Mirai

I'm pretty excited to try out the Duck Hunt dog

thedude-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 thedude-
Member since 2009 • 2369 Posts

I really think Dr. Mario should just be a costume of Mario. He is an unnecessary extra character.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 spike6958

I'm actually pretty disappointed with Bowser Jr. He's been someone I've wanted in Smash for a while, but I always imagined him fighting with his Paint Brush from SMS, could have made for a very interesting and unique fighter, but instead he's just floating around in Bower's flying clown car thing.

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ANIMEguy10034

@Sepewrath: True, but considering these leaked photos uploaded on imgur approximately 1 day and 7 hours ago (according to my post's date stamp above) has this specific image of a labeled description of the spectator screen introduced by Sakuari 16 hours ago on Miiverse, it's safe to say Nintendo pulled those videos down because they were in fact legit.

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#27 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

Without both Lucas and the Ice Climbers count me among those who hope this is fake. =P

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

how did duck hunt dog get in?

Loading Video...