Stuff you DON'T wanna see on the 3DS

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

Ok,what are some features/games or other stuff you'd rather NOT see on the 3DS?

For example,i wouldn't like half-arsed ports of GC/PS2/Wii games.

Nor i would like any of it's games to use prerendered backgrounds.

What are some things you never wanna see on the system?

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
You are making too many threads.
free_milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 free_milk
Member since 2011 • 3903 Posts

I seriously cant think on anything besides a call of duty game

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

I seriously cant think on anything besides a call of duty game

free_milk
Call of Duty on the DS was the only CoD I ever bought. And they were pretty good, too. As far as what I don't want to see, it would have to be another level-based Spiderman game. I bought the Amazing Spiderman, and it was a good game, but it should have had a free roam NY with webslinging based on the spiderslayer boss fights.
Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

No more remakes please.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#6 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
First person shooters. Even acknowledging that the circle pad pro exists, I never want to see one. The 3DS is a handheld, not a portable console. Give me unique and interesting games please.
outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4237 Posts
[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]First person shooters. Even acknowledging that the circle pad pro exists, I never want to see one. The 3DS is a handheld, not a portable console. Give me unique and interesting games please.

That makes a lot of sense. But if I may ask, why exactly are FPS games not sufficient on the 3DS? Why is it a very bad idea? What's the difference between a handheld and a portable console? By the way I really agree. Give me a good and interesting game, I don't care what the genre may be, I'll play it.
HowlingLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 HowlingLotus
Member since 2012 • 657 Posts

No more remakes please.

Euaggelistes

Depends what it is and how hard the original is to find still.

I never played any of the Final Fantasy games until VIII and was happy to see remakes of III and IV on the DS. Same goes for the Dragon Quest series as I never played those as a child either and enjoyed them on the DS.

In terms of remakes it all comes down to perspective.

JustBoomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JustBoomer
Member since 2012 • 188 Posts

On my 3DS XL I don't want to see any dust.:D

guard12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#10 guard12
Member since 2004 • 2018 Posts

First person shooters. Even acknowledging that the circle pad pro exists, I never want to see one. The 3DS is a handheld, not a portable console. Give me unique and interesting games please.DJ_Lae

IDK about that since I remember Metroid Prime Hunters for the ds being quite good and that was a FPS

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]First person shooters. Even acknowledging that the circle pad pro exists, I never want to see one. The 3DS is a handheld, not a portable console. Give me unique and interesting games please.

I like having console quality experiences in my hand. Matter of fact, I have more fun playing handheld FPSs that I do their console counterparts.
towny_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 towny_
Member since 2012 • 125 Posts
I don't want the games to use the 3D as a novelty, making pointless games that just utilize the 3D. I also don't want to see it become something like the iPod touch with games like Angry Birds
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
I don't want to see stylus control, especially for Zelda.
Audacitron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Audacitron
Member since 2012 • 991 Posts

GreekGameManiac

I don't really care if they make a lot of games I don't want. I will just not buy them then.

It's only an issue to me if a game I don't particularly want somehow gets in the way of a game I would want. For instance, I have enough Mario games for now. I don't want Nintendo doing another Mario at the expense of say a Donkey Kong or a Zelda.

And to disagree with 2 other posters here, I do want to see the 3d gimmick used more, and I do want to see FPS games on 3DS. Here we are, well into the second year, and the 3DS doesn't have a single decent FPS. WTF? I think on some level it's just Nintendo tossing Sony a bone. They're letting the Vita have a chance by leaving this one genre wide open.

And the 3d? Sure, it's a gimmick. But I'd rather see it pushed too far, than not far enough. They gave us a slider. You can dial it down.

I don't want to see stylus control, especially for Zelda.Heirren

now this I couldn't agree more. Kid Icarus was an interesting experiment, but I'd be quite happy if I never have to encounter that control scheme ever again..

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GreekGameManiac

[QUOTE="GreekGameManiac"]

Audacitron

I don't really care if they make a lot of games I don't want. I will just not buy them then.

It's only an issue to me if a game I don't particularly want somehow gets in the way of a game I would want. For instance, I have enough Mario games for now. I don't want Nintendo doing another Mario at the expense of say a Donkey Kong or a Zelda.

And to disagree with 2 other posters here, I do want to see the 3d gimmick used more, and I do want to see FPS games on 3DS. Here we are, well into the second year, and the 3DS doesn't have a single decent FPS. WTF? I think on some level it's just Nintendo tossing Sony a bone. They're letting the Vita have a chance by leaving this one genre wide open.

And the 3d? Sure, it's a gimmick. But I'd rather see it pushed too far, than not far enough. They gave us a slider. You can dial it down.

I don't want to see stylus control, especially for Zelda.Heirren

now this I couldn't agree more. Kid Icarus was an interesting experiment, but I'd be quite happy if I never have to encounter that control scheme ever again..

Lol you do realise they make several games at the same time???

Plus different teams available..

>_> so a game being developed "at the expense" of another cannot happen.

Audacitron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Audacitron
Member since 2012 • 991 Posts

[QUOTE="Audacitron"]

[QUOTE="Heirren"]I don't want to see stylus control, especially for Zelda.GreekGameManiac

Lol you do realise they make several games at the same time???

Plus different teams available..

>_> so a game being developed "at the expense" of another cannot happen.

Well then what other reason could there be to oppose titles I have no interest in? All I really care about is that they make the games I want. So long as they're making those games, I couldn't care less how bad the other ones suck.

Anyway of course one game comes at the expense of another. Just because they always have multiple games in the works doesn't mean they have unlimited resources.

GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GreekGameManiac

Well then what other reason could there be to oppose titles I have no interest in? All I really care about is that they make the games I want. So long as they're making those games, I couldn't care less how bad the other ones suck.

Anyway of course one game comes at the expense of another. Just because they always have multiple games in the works doesn't mean they have unlimited resources.

Audacitron

Actually they just plan them,and release them one after the other.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#18 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I don't want to see too many 3D remakes/ ports. It's a brand new system, and I expect brand new games. Only remake/ port if the original is hard to find or whatnot. (For instance, dragon Quest VII.) Although I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't cream myself at a 3D remake of Majora's Mask, with a Master Quest and whatnot.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

I don't see any reason to "not want" something for a system, including FPS which I enjoyed on my DS - The James Bond game comes to mind as a good use of the hardware to create an enjoyable experience. Stylus control provides accurate aiming, and I though it was a really good time to be had. It felt like a Bond game, looked like a Bond game... And while it might not have been up to something like "Quantum of Solace" on a console, it provided a good portable surrogate for me whilest waiting at the movie theater, doctor's office, DMV...

... Those folks at N*Space know how to do it right for a SP game - Online FPS with a DS is another story, too many hackers to keep it entertaining.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
gen 6 pkm being sprite based
Avatar image for ShadowNemisis21
ShadowNemisis21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ShadowNemisis21
Member since 2012 • 144 Posts
I dont want to see overpriced apps on eshop
TheCaveRat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 TheCaveRat
Member since 2006 • 3672 Posts

[QUOTE="Euaggelistes"]

No more remakes please.

HowlingLotus

Depends what it is and how hard the original is to find still.

I never played any of the Final Fantasy games until VIII and was happy to see remakes of III and IV on the DS. Same goes for the Dragon Quest series as I never played those as a child either and enjoyed them on the DS.

In terms of remakes it all comes down to perspective.

Yeah I never had an N64, so I never got to play any classic N64 exclusives aside from a lot of Goldeneye & Perfect Dark when I'd go to friends' houses.
j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

I don't want too many ports.. but actually.. I'd rather have the 3DS offer more.

I actually love diversity of software for any system.. wouldn't even mind a 3DS game that won't offer 3D and puts all the processing power to a better looking game xD