Stop complaining about graphic's!! and look.......

This topic is locked from further discussion.

iceldc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 iceldc
Member since 2005 • 328 Posts
At these.....iSuper Mario Galaxy ScreenshotRed Steel ScreenshotFragile: Farewell Ruins of the Moon PictureMetroid Prime 3: Corruption PictureSuper Smash Bros. Brawl ScreenshotExcite Truck ScreenshotFatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse ScreenshotThe Conduit ScreenshotTomb Raider Underworld PictureDeadly Creatures ScreenshotCall of Duty: World at War ScreenshotThe House of the Dead: Overkill PictureSonic & The Black Knight  ScreenshotPunch-Out!! ScreenshotTenchu: Shadow Assassins ScreenshotBattalion Wars 2 ScreenshotThe Sky Crawlers PictureThe Sky Crawlers Pictures
SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 SMR-Venom
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
We all know the Wii can produce Xbox level graphics. P.S. I am so freaking hyped for Sky Crawlers.
iceldc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 iceldc
We all know the Wii can produce Xbox level graphics. P.S. I am so freaking hyped for Sky Crawlers.SMR-Venom
me to looks great don't it
iceldc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 iceldc

look at this

The Sky Crawlers Picture

SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts
why do people feel the need to defend the wii's graphics there OK their playable but, nothing special and not up the standards of other systems BUT, hey thats not what the wiis about its about fun i dont know when the last time graphics have ever affected the fun factor of a game for me
stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 stike22
Member since 2009 • 3401 Posts

First of all Nintendo makes games with a more cartoon effect, they pretty much always have.

second good games aren't made on graphics alone and never will be.

Third the real sin of Nintend right now is that they keep bombarding the machine with kids and adult games.

(which are rubbish, but part of nintendos plan which is why its selling more then other consoles)

Fourth Nintendo annouced the Wii was going HD like next year so eventually it won't really matter who has the best graphics.

Lastly Nintendo is the only company that can make a console that doesn't break every year.

SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SMR-Venom

First of all Nintendo makes games with a more cartoon effect, they pretty much always have.

Third the real sin of Nintend right now is that they keep bombarding the machine with kids and adult games.

(which are rubbish, but part of nintendos plan which is why its selling more then other consoles)

Fourth Nintendo annouced the Wii was going HD like next year so eventually it won't really matter who has the best graphics.

Lastly Nintendo is the only company that can make a console that doesn't break every year.

stike22
The Wii is not going HD anytime soon. It is just a rumor, a stupid on at that. A next Nintendo console won't come until 2011/2012.
iceldc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 iceldc
[QUOTE="stike22"]

SMR-Venom
The Wii is not going HD anytime soon. It is just a rumor, a stupid on at that. A next Nintendo console won't come until 2011/2012.

exactly !
rgame1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rgame1
Member since 2008 • 2526 Posts
world at wars textures were horrible.
SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SMR-Venom
world at wars textures were horrible.rgame1
They are pretty good, that screenshot is just crap. They just load a little slow online.
iceldc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 iceldc
world at wars textures were horrible.rgame1
lol yeah they are but its alot better in motion trust me its all ive been playing lately online.
SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SMR-Venom
Also, Fragile looks superb.
iceldc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 iceldc
Also, Fragile looks superb.SMR-Venom
it does dunno what the games about tho?
BrooklynHotBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BrooklynHotBoy
Member since 2003 • 818 Posts
..........graphics still look last gen to me
kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 kenakuma
Member since 2007 • 3462 Posts

..........graphics still look last gen to meBrooklynHotBoy

Yeah, their definetly doing NOTHING special compared to what the other consoles are doing this gen graphics wise.

manicfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 manicfoot
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts

[QUOTE="SMR-Venom"]Also, Fragile looks superb.iceldc
it does dunno what the games about tho?

From what I can tell it's a post-apocolyptic RPG. You play a boy who's one of the last people alive.. or something like that :P

Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Pices
Member since 2005 • 3910 Posts
..........graphics still look last gen to meBrooklynHotBoy
*sigh*, here we go again....graphics have nothing to do with gen
stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 stike22
agreed. some of you might not believe it but the best games were either 2D or early 3D. Ocarina of Time voted the best game in the world for like 10yrs running. All graphics do to a game is give it an image, the reason you would like a game is either for the story or gameplay. If not then you should be watching DVDs instead of playing games.
ComboTroop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#19 ComboTroop
Member since 2008 • 197 Posts

Right! Lets clear something up here!

1. It isnt about graphics its about gameplay and replay value

2. The Wii is cheap and probley one of the most best and most damn unquine console out yet!

3. Playstation is getting boring, you'll have like PlayStation 666, ahhh! Satan's console!

4. Nintendo cares about its customers!

5. I get motion sickness from too graphically great games

However, yes the Graphics aint the best, but thats not to do with the console, the developers slack off with graphics on Nintendo consoles for some reason and also WHY IS THIS DAMN GAME INDUSTRY ABOUT GRAPHICS AND NOT GAMEPLAY!!! Nuff said, you shouldn't look for graphics all the time, you should look for gameplay and your money's worth! And hey i still play games from 1993 and im 13! Games like Syndicate and Syndicate: Wars! So please think about the game's gameplay and was-it-worth-my-money instead of graphically great games, not all games with the best graphics are best, one example is HALO3, why? Cause its Halo 2 with a few weapons added and better graphics! End of the day i love my Nintendo consoles my DS And Wii and i got my money's worth! Well over my money's worth! Nintendo are too generous! Its like they gave me £70 for buying their consoles!

link027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 link027
Member since 2008 • 1110 Posts
This should be in System Wars
Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts
[QUOTE="BrooklynHotBoy"]..........graphics still look last gen to mePices
*sigh*, here we go again....graphics have nothing to do with gen

erm... i beg to differ... lets go through some generations, shall we? NES to SNES to N64 to Gamecube to Wii all upgraded graphics each Generation, the only difference is is that the gamecube to wii transition was not a noticeable change. PS1 to PS2 to PS3, all significant graphics changes each gen X-box to 360, significant graphics change each gen each generation is defined moreso by the graphical capacity of the system. even the handheld market. GB to GBC to GBA to DS, there have always been graphical enhancements
stike22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 stike22
agreed.
SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts
That is a really good point of good games that have great graphics.
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

You forgot about a few games

2b65f33aa5fb1160a91e875c4a0542ff.jpg Muramasa: The Demon Blade image by elvick_rules_all

MadWorld Screenshot

Monster Hunter 3 Picture

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 clicketyclick
Member since 2008 • 7136 Posts
[QUOTE="SMR-Venom"]We all know the Wii can produce Xbox level graphics. P.S. I am so freaking hyped for Sky Crawlers.

It's not coming to the West.
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts
[QUOTE="SMR-Venom"]We all know the Wii can produce Xbox level graphics. P.S. I am so freaking hyped for Sky Crawlers.clicketyclick
It's not coming to the West.

Noooooooooo!!!
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#27 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

a rumor i>? no its not,

wii 2 was in production since wii l a u nched just like other consoles, its already 3 years,

goin on 4 so its 5 year is next year,

so no its 2010 i say when wii 2 comes the 360 and ps3 are likely to do 5 years more,

because they can ,

wii can not not at the level its at,

no one appreicates it,

and yes i do agree,

wii can produce slightly more then xbox visuals ,,

but remember this

1 the wii was already promising these features-online play , vc and motion sensing nintendo never said it was gonna blow the competition away, nor did sony when they released ps1/2

so its all the same here,

2 the graphics of the other 2 systems arent that much of a big deal, sure some look so amazing but over half look like they jus t rushed them o ut,

look at pd0 ridge racer 6 halo 3 resistance gt5 , nfs series these games and more look like slightly updated xbox games lol,

mgs4 pgr series ,quantum of solace-360/ps3 wwe or your sports titles are all ive seen so far with the o h so realistic feel to them or look

condemend is ok , its not as polished , as say like timesplitters 3 was when running on last gen hardware

burnout paradise, also test drive unlimited, those have power, /graphics

but that dont mean the games good now does it,

sure you can say it helps b ut ever since ps3/360;/wii , games have become smaller and smaller, i laughed at almost any ps3 360 game i played in the fps genre, w hy because i remember ps2 n64 xbox and gc etc havin mu c hlonger or funner games,

and also they reward you,

now adays out side wiim and a few 360/ps3 games, they dont award you nothing new for any of its modes, so far i only seen wwe , and rainbow six series reward you with new stuff,

or guitar hero but thats not an actual game lol,

games like quantum of solace 007

halo 3

prey etc etc they dont reward you any unlockables for the game ,

all they do is offer achievments, lol, or trophies(ps3) or wii messages-example=wii sports

ace070590

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ace070590
Member since 2007 • 439 Posts
Well I feel that the Wii, only sometimes, can pull off decent looking games, like Super Mario Galaxy for instance. I just feel that the Wii needs more games, not better graphics. I mean the Wii has some good titles and exclusives, but overall they're lacking in releasing numerous like the PS3 and 360 do. I love the Wii, I just feel that it needs a couple more things in order for me to play it as much as I do my 360. For example, I played COD:WAW on the Wii and the overall quality and textures were really bad, and the controls seemed a little goofy. I don't know if I need component cables or what, but either way it really wasn't that exciting to me . . . I kind of got off track, but the main concern for the Wii right now is not graphics, it's games!
Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts
I kinda stopped paying attention after the Red Steel image, they could've been so much better... Oh well... Hopefully Red Steel 2 accomplishes what we thought the first would.
DS_Lightning21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DS_Lightning21
Member since 2007 • 741 Posts
Nintendo informed us on Day 1 that the Nintendo Revolution (before it was called the Wii) was not going to focus on graphics but rather on new ways to play videogames. The rest is history, and all the haters are upset.
Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Sonick54
Member since 2005 • 7947 Posts
This should be in System Warslink027
why? there's no mention of any of the other two consoles in this thread :?
MrDziekuje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#32 MrDziekuje
Member since 2004 • 7730 Posts
Eh... there's a few games there that probably shouldn't be.
J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 J_Ford
Member since 2003 • 2246 Posts
Whose complaining?, the Wii has excellent graphics. Gameplay is what matters most though.
livinitup01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 livinitup01
Member since 2004 • 1245 Posts
Who says Wii isn't going HD? Even if it was just a rumor Nintendo can't stay at 480p max for much longer. It'd be dumb of them not to upgrade to 1080p by the next console iteration. Even if they use cheaper material, HD technology wouldn't be that expensive to add to a console by 2010/2011 so why wouldn't they include it. Nintendo moved from 8-bit to 16 bit to 32-bit to 64-bit to 128-bit (not sure what the Wii is) and in order to create better looking content that matches the times then they MUST go HD by 2011. It'd be dumb of them not to at this point in time. I don't really care that much about graphics but there will be a much higher demand for HD content by 2011 than there was in 2006 when the Wii first came out. I'll probably have an HD 1080p TV by then as well. HD Wii IS coming.
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
May I ask what the exact point of this thread is?Because if it's suppose to make me impressed or satisfied with how those games look,it's not working.
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts

Fourth Nintendo annouced the Wii was going HD like next year so eventually it won't really matter who has the best graphics.stike22

People like you shouldn't post.

Who says Wii isn't going HD? Even if it was just a rumor Nintendo can't stay at 480p max for much longer. It'd be dumb of them not to upgrade to 1080p by the next console iteration. Even if they use cheaper material, HD technology wouldn't be that expensive to add to a console by 2010/2011 so why wouldn't they include it. Nintendo moved from 8-bit to 16 bit to 32-bit to 64-bit to 128-bit (not sure what the Wii is) and in order to create better looking content that matches the times then they MUST go HD by 2011. It'd be dumb of them not to at this point in time. I don't really care that much about graphics but there will be a much higher demand for HD content by 2011 than there was in 2006 when the Wii first came out. I'll probably have an HD 1080p TV by then as well. HD Wii IS coming.livinitup01

Nintendo is eventually going to release a HD console, based on the Wii brand or not, but the Wii is staying as it is. Sales tell us the Wii can stay in 480p for a damn long time.

Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Sonick54
Whose complaining?, the Wii has excellent graphics. Gameplay is what matters most though.J_Ford
excellent by what standards? :?
J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 J_Ford
Member since 2003 • 2246 Posts

[QUOTE="J_Ford"]Whose complaining?, the Wii has excellent graphics. Gameplay is what matters most though.Sonick54

Um, mine? Lol :P Graphic's don't have to be in HD for games to be great.

gmgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 gmgo
Member since 2006 • 319 Posts
Many of you don't seem to get it. The wii not having "next-gen" graphics IS a problem, but NOT because they look ugly (Sometimes they actually look really nice), BUT BECAUSE many multi-platform games could have easily made it into the Wii IF it had support for better graphics. Again, I don't care for the graphics... but I do care for the games the Wii is not getting because of the graphics.
Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Sonick54

[QUOTE="Sonick54"][QUOTE="J_Ford"]Whose complaining?, the Wii has excellent graphics. Gameplay is what matters most though.J_Ford

never said that. just that when wii has games that look like early ps2 games, we got a problem :?
clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 clicketyclick
[QUOTE="J_Ford"]

[QUOTE="Sonick54"] excellent by what standards? :?Sonick54

never said that. just that when wii has games that look like early ps2 games, we got a problem :?

Ya, the problem is that the Wii can do much better graphics than what we're getting. It's almost as if devs looked at the wii, saw it couldn't do HD, and then just didn't try at all.

SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SMR-Venom
[QUOTE="J_Ford"]

[QUOTE="Sonick54"] excellent by what standards? :?Sonick54

No you have got a problem! Are you comparing the likes of Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy and Brawl to this?    Wonderful... :|
DragonxanderPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43 DragonxanderPR
Member since 2008 • 292 Posts

Who says Wii isn't going HD? Even if it was just a rumor Nintendo can't stay at 480p max for much longer. It'd be dumb of them not to upgrade to 1080p by the next console iteration. Even if they use cheaper material, HD technology wouldn't be that expensive to add to a console by 2010/2011 so why wouldn't they include it. Nintendo moved from 8-bit to 16 bit to 32-bit to 64-bit to 128-bit (not sure what the Wii is) and in order to create better looking content that matches the times then they MUST go HD by 2011. It'd be dumb of them not to at this point in time. I don't really care that much about graphics but there will be a much higher demand for HD content by 2011 than there was in 2006 when the Wii first came out. I'll probably have an HD 1080p TV by then as well. HD Wii IS coming.livinitup01

I do agree with this message. I would say Nintendo didn't add HD capabilities, since they aren't profitable or generalized enough. For the next gen (around 2011-2012), HD CAN be considered mandatory in the developed world. Even so, why do we need so many graphic improvements by this time!? Console videogame graphics are pretty much good enough by now, so there isn't much to improve on that line yet (holographic displays are still much underdeveloped, 3D feeling on 3D games is already possible and profitabl, only not desirable for most people.

About the bit architectures, this is how it's outlined:

8-bit (NES, Game Boy)

16-Bit (SNES, Game Boy Color)

32-bit (GameBoy Advance, Virtual Boy)

64-bit (N64, Nintendo DS)

128-bit (GameCube, Wii)

santiagochile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 santiagochile
Member since 2005 • 1717 Posts
Whose complaining?, the Wii has excellent graphics. Gameplay is what matters most though.J_Ford
They BOTH matter! And yes, the Wii has some decent graphics, but really nothing that couldn't have been done 8 years ago.
clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 clicketyclick
[QUOTE="Sonick54"][QUOTE="J_Ford"]

SMR-Venom

No you have got a problem! Are you comparing the likes of Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy and Brawl to this?

Did he say SMG and MP3? Those aren't the only Wii games in existence, you know.

Gosh, to be taken out of context and have words put in your mouth by two different people in a single thread... poor Sonick has the worst luck. :(

DS_Lightning21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DS_Lightning21
Member since 2007 • 741 Posts

Nintendo informed us on Day 1 that the Nintendo Revolution (before it was called the Wii) was not going to focus on graphics but rather on new ways to play videogames. The rest is history, and all the haters are upset.

Nintendo Wii has the best player-game interaction than any other console (for example, shooters are controlled with point-and-shoot controls, which emulate real shooting unlike the dual-analog stuff and even the keyboard-mouse stuff). And then you have Wii Sports where you swing your arm to swing a tennis racket or swing a bat or roll a bowling ball. So in a sense, Nintendo Wii is more realistic than the other consoles. The motion controls may not be perfect 1:1, but it will be in the future, and the other consoles aren't even close to that.

If all you care about is graphics, watch a movie. Games are defined by player involvement. If you ask people what the greatest games of all time are, they'll give you answers like PacMan, Tetris, Pong, and other older games that are not found on today's graphically-enhanced consoles.

If what I'm saying doesn't make sense, then you're probably confused at why Nintendo Wii is outselling the competition, and it's driving you crazy.

Tri-Enforcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 Tri-Enforcer
Member since 2007 • 1899 Posts
Please take down the picture for World at War, that doesn't look so great on Wii. Trust me,. I have the game and even beat it. It's ok, but so much better can be done in this day age on the Wii.
Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Sonick54
@ smr-venom

again,when did i say that? :?. No where in my post did i say "all wii games look like ps2 games"

Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Sonick54

Nintendo Wii has the best player-game interaction than any other console (for example, shooters are controlled with point-and-shoot controls, which emulate real shooting unlike the dual-analog stuff and even the keyboard-mouse stuff). And then you have Wii Sports where you swing your arm to swing a tennis racket or swing a bat or roll a bowling ball. So in a sense, Nintendo Wii is more realistic than the other consoles. The motion controls may not be perfect 1:1, but it will be in the future, and the other consoles aren't even close to that.

If all you care about is graphics, watch a movie. Games are defined by player involvement. If you ask people what the greatest games of all time are, they'll give you answers like PacMan, Tetris, Pong, and other older games that are not found on today's graphically-enhanced consoles.

If what I'm saying doesn't make sense, then you're probably confused at why Nintendo Wii is outselling the competition, and it's driving you crazy.

DS_Lightning21
judging from your post, you'd rather accept mediocre lazyness that devs give us? You're perfectly content with some wii games looking like it just came out on the gamecube? Stop making excuses. what would you rather have? good gameplay AND good graphics or just one of them? Stop acting like neither can coexist with each because they certainly can. If you believe wii is selling on gameplay alone then i'm sorry but you do not understand business. Wii is selling due it's heavily marketed control scheme and it's uncanny power to attract the biggest demographic gaming has. Casuals. I know where not in system wars, but if you would take a quick look at most of the reviews GS offers for wii games, you'd notice they clearly aren't that high. Making your point about gameplay being all that matters pretty moot. Wii is capable of having both. unfortunately, it's mostly nintendo and some third party devs who realize that. Thankfully, 2009 seems to be shaping up.
santiagochile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 santiagochile
Member since 2005 • 1717 Posts

DS_Lightning21
LOL, it's hard to take you seriously. Graphics are a big part of a game, and frankly, the Wii's motion controls, other than driving and shooting games, aren't that good. Pong being one of the greatest games?!?! NO! Great games are games like GTA III or Zelda. These games used graphics are a huge part of the game, such as Liberty City's real city where you could go anywhere and do anything, or Zelda's cel shaded graphics. Trust me, graphics are just as important as controls, and so is online play. I clearly think you are missing the point of this thread.