Still no FFXI:RW review?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kingJord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 kingJord
Member since 2003 • 75 Posts

I'm so eagerly awaiting it...

It seems like a big DS release. Why no review after 5 days?

ComradeCrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ComradeCrash
Member since 2005 • 2519 Posts
Quick question: Is this game a sequel or prequel to the story?
eddy5791

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 eddy5791
Member since 2004 • 986 Posts
I was wondering the same hting. I want a DS for xmas and I'm eagerly awaiting the review. From word of mouth and reading here, i hear it's worth it. but i can only choose so many games so I dunno. cmon GS hurry the FUKC UP
sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 sonic_rusher
Member since 2007 • 2185 Posts

I was wondering the same hting. I want a DS for xmas and I'm eagerly awaiting the review. From word of mouth and reading here, i hear it's worth it. but i can only choose so many games so I dunno. cmon GS hurry the FUKC UPeddy5791

Who cares about GS ratings... They reviewed naruto on wii 3 weeks late. Also, their reviews are always rounded, so instead of a game being like a 9.7, it'll get a 9.5.

eddy5791

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 eddy5791
Member since 2004 • 986 Posts

[QUOTE="eddy5791"]I was wondering the same hting. I want a DS for xmas and I'm eagerly awaiting the review. From word of mouth and reading here, i hear it's worth it. but i can only choose so many games so I dunno. cmon GS hurry the FUKC UPsonic_rusher

Who cares about GS ratings... They reviewed naruto on wii 3 weeks late. Also, their reviews are always rounded, so instead of a game being like a 9.7, it'll get a 9.5.

normally i would agree, but since im really new to a DS (i dont even have one, getting one for xmas) i needa choose about 3 or so games and i wanna know all the really good games so i can choose wisely. and as much as i trust the community, a lot of opinions are diff. if anything i liked FF Tactics advance a few eyars back and FFX. so i dunno.

JAotaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JAotaku
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Go ahead and get ff12 ( its a sepual by the way ) if you liked tactics and ff10 it makes sense to get it .. but did you play ff12 ( it the best one by far in my opinion ) if you didnt then i,d say wait till youve played it to get revelant wings
xxSmilezxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xxSmilezxx
Member since 2005 • 95 Posts
I said the same thing. I thought they would have the review up at least one day after. I think IGN had their review up 1 day before the release. GS is slipping. Its now 8 days after the release and still no word. IMO the whole point of a review is to help me decide whether I want to buy a game or not...so if reviews are going to take this long whats the point. "Hey GS editor stop playing Halo 3 and finish the Fudging review!!!" Thank you!
gwarlito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 gwarlito
Member since 2005 • 1761 Posts

Go ahead and get ff12 ( its a sepual by the way ) if you liked tactics and ff10 it makes sense to get it .. but did you play ff12 ( it the best one by far in my opinion ) if you didnt then i,d say wait till youve played it to get revelant wings JAotaku

I agree, FFXII was excellent, a great change in the series to help modernize the series for this next gen leap forward. I found it much better than 10 and 8. For its time, 7 is still the true classic, but 12 was the most enjoyable FF game I've played to date.

For those new DS gamers out there, I found FF3 on the DS to be a total bore....I still haven't stayed awake long enough to beat it yet. Revenant Wings looks super cool and incorporates the console's big brother feel and basic gameplay. I just have to wait until after the holidays to play it.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

Quick question: Is this game a sequel or prequel to the story?ComradeCrash

Sequel. Vaan and Penelo are 18. They were 16 in FFXII PS2.

Joshunar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Joshunar
Member since 2007 • 109 Posts
gamespot is very late and slow compared to other websites. ign had a review the day it came out. go to ds.ign.com
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

I say just get the game.

Besides, there are other reviews you can look to who all touch on good points about the game.

Lacedolphin3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lacedolphin3
Member since 2007 • 70 Posts

I'm currently playing it now. I've logged almost 8 hours on it so far and I can give ya my review. I don't usually care for RTS games but love RPG ones so I got it and gave it a try. The story seems very slow and dry to me, but I'm really enjoying the gameplay. Some of the missions are quite simple but as you get further you really have to think about who you put where so you don't die off. With the Espers and forging different weapons it leaves alot of room for your choices and what you think will work or not. I do recommend it to anyone who loves RTS games such as Heroes of Mana or Lost Magic ( without the rune drawings) or just wants to try something different they haven't played before. I will add theres one heck of a learning curve if your not used to RTS games or being able to multi-task on who is where but once you figure it out , its all downhill from there and can become quite addicting!!

Hope that gives you at least some idea of the gameplay and overall idea of how the game works. The controls are simple and work well and the music is very nice too. The only 2 drawbacksare the graphics of the characters during gameplay could've been a bit less blocky and the storyline could definatly have been better, but overall the few bad things are slight compared to the intovated gameplay and the new ideas I haven't seen before in any other games leaves a good impression and make you want to see what or who you'll be fighting next. Anyone who likes some strategy to their games should really enjoy this as between choosing your weapons,the espers you will use, and actual battleground strategy, it's doubtfull you'll be falling asleep on your screen. :)

JAD840

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JAD840
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="ComradeCrash"]Quick question: Is this game a sequel or prequel to the story?ASK_Story

Sequel. Vaan and Penelo are 18. They were 16 in FFXII PS2.

I thought they were 17 in the first game, like pretty much every other Final Fantasy protagonist.

Arsyad00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#15 Arsyad00
Member since 2007 • 822 Posts

maybe the game too great even GS hard to review it by number

btw its still fun to play :P

sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sonic_rusher
[QUOTE="sonic_rusher"]

[QUOTE="eddy5791"]I was wondering the same hting. I want a DS for xmas and I'm eagerly awaiting the review. From word of mouth and reading here, i hear it's worth it. but i can only choose so many games so I dunno. cmon GS hurry the FUKC UPeddy5791

normally i would agree, but since im really new to a DS (i dont even have one, getting one for xmas) i needa choose about 3 or so games and i wanna know all the really good games so i can choose wisely. and as much as i trust the community, a lot of opinions are diff. if anything i liked FF Tactics advance a few eyars back and FFX. so i dunno.

Why don't you go to another site that gives more reasonable ratings than Gamespot like IGN. BTW the only reason why I go on the forums here and not IGN is because IGN's forums don't have as many people and most of the people that do go on are PS3 fans who FLOOD and Troll all day long :(, plus they don't have cool profiles that reward you like Gamespot does

sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sonic_rusher

maybe the game too great even GS hard to review it by number

btw its still fun to play :P

Arsyad00

nice grammar... but I don't think an FF game has been that good for Gamespot to do that. Gamespot is just taking so long because 3rd party games like these don't get as much attention

sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sonic_rusher

Quick question: Is this game a sequel or prequel to the story?ComradeCrash

Does FF even have a story. It's always just mixed up withsimilar monsters and jobs and so on. but they usually never relate to eachother in the storylines

Zenfoldor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Zenfoldor
Member since 2003 • 1775 Posts

[QUOTE="ComradeCrash"]Quick question: Is this game a sequel or prequel to the story?sonic_rusher

Does FF even have a story. It's always just mixed up withsimilar monsters and jobs and so on. but they usually never relate to eachother in the storylines

WTF? Yes...final fantasy games have a story, lol.

sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sonic_rusher
[QUOTE="sonic_rusher"]

[QUOTE="ComradeCrash"]Quick question: Is this game a sequel or prequel to the story?Zenfoldor

WTF? Yes...final fantasy games have a story, lol.

Of course it HAS a story, i said they have no relation to any other FF game, its completely random. Then everyone says, OMG i love FF's story this time

mufujifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mufujifi
Member since 2006 • 527 Posts

Of course it HAS a story, i said they have no relation to any other FF game, its completely random. Then everyone says, OMG i love FF's story this timesonic_rusher

The first guy meant is FFXII: Revenant Wings on the DS a prequel or sequel to FFXII on the PS2.
Which was already answered - a sequel.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
soulcalibur legends for the wii doesnt have a review too... is the GS staff in vacations? lol
laus_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 laus_basic
Member since 2002 • 8300 Posts
And still no Contra IV review and worse of all, still no Bleach review which has been out for more than a month now. Seriously GS!
drummer131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#24 drummer131
Member since 2004 • 3210 Posts

And still no Contra IV review and worse of all, still no Bleach review which has been out for more than a month now. Seriously GS!laus_basic

apparently, the games are not worthy of reviews from GS. It's all good though. By now, the people that were really sucked about the games have bought them and probably beat them and they've posted their own thoughts and reviews. Just refer to them.

sonic_rusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 sonic_rusher

[QUOTE="laus_basic"]And still no Contra IV review and worse of all, still no Bleach review which has been out for more than a month now. Seriously GS!drummer131

apparently, the games are not worthy of reviews from GS. It's all good though. By now, the people that were really sucked about the games have bought them and probably beat them and they've posted their own thoughts and reviews. Just refer to them.

If they are so bad that GS can't review them, then why the heck is IGN able to reviem less subjectivly