Square....Oh where oh where is Chrono Trigger

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wittbolds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 wittbolds
Member since 2007 • 503 Posts

After rehashing Final Fantasy into oblivion on the Nintendo Handhealds and other systems why has Square-Enix not remade Chrono Trigger for any of them yet, speciifcally a Nintendo handheald? Chrono Trigger is arguably one of, if not the best, RPG ever made.

acevampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 acevampire
Member since 2006 • 67 Posts
I always thought that it wasn't remade (or granted a decent sequel), because Square wanted to produce a title that can go down as one of the best RPG's ever, without having to reproduce it. I mean, sure. It would be awesome, but when a game can be called godly without having the need to recycle it onto a new console...that just improves its "godlyness". Plus, it was the first game that was produced by Square Enix (I'm pretty sure it was anyway. Before that, there were two separate companies-- Square, and Enix). Another good reason could be because Square doesn't want another series that would split its fanbase between Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger.
white143papi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 white143papi
Member since 2006 • 791 Posts
if a remake was to be made than it has to be well thought out and perfectly executed to please fans which would give the creators more pressure than needed. or possibly is that Chrono Trigger was never played to be a smash hit so it was left mostly alone just like Super Maio RPG for the SNES which was always made by Square.
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

if a remake was to be made than it has to be well thought out and perfectly executed to please fans which would give the creators more pressure than needed. or possibly is that Chrono Trigger was never played to be a smash hit so it was left mostly alone just like Super Maio RPG for the SNES which was always made by Square.white143papi

I think something alone the lines of FF1/2 on the PSP is in order, not so much a remake as a shiny higher res version with some improved translation.

Micheal-Death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Micheal-Death
Member since 2007 • 34 Posts
Super Mario RPG had two other game's after it the one for GBA and Super Mario:Partners in time for the DS leave it alone huh?
TheManWithAPS2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheManWithAPS2
Member since 2005 • 2378 Posts

I always thought that it wasn't remade (or granted a decent sequel), because Square wanted to produce a title that can go down as one of the best RPG's ever, without having to reproduce it. I mean, sure. It would be awesome, but when a game can be called godly without having the need to recycle it onto a new console...that just improves its "godlyness". Plus, it was the first game that was produced by Square Enix (I'm pretty sure it was anyway. Before that, there were two separate companies-- Square, and Enix). Another good reason could be because Square doesn't want another series that would split its fanbase between Final Fantasy and Chrono Trigger.acevampire

Square Enix's first game was not Chrono Trigger. They didn't join until 2003...

Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#7 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
It's not going to be ported to the DS, it has a better chance being ported to the PSP.
TheManWithAPS2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheManWithAPS2
Member since 2005 • 2378 Posts
Apparently there is no CT remake because the guys who made it left Square ages ago.
white143papi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 white143papi
Member since 2006 • 791 Posts

Super Mario RPG had two other game's after it the one for GBA and Super Mario:Partners in time for the DS leave it alone huh?Micheal-Death

Those two wasn't made be Square and they weren't that good compared to Super Mario RPG

Hells_Hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Hells_Hammer
Member since 2007 • 972 Posts

Super Mario RPG had two other game's after it the one for GBA and Super Mario:Partners in time for the DS leave it alone huh?Micheal-Death

Yeah. Uh, these don't count. They might be similar and they might be good. They are not Super Mario RPG.

Also, Chrono Trigger is Squaresoft alone. Enix didn't join untill late PS1.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

[QUOTE="Micheal-Death"]Super Mario RPG had two other game's after it the one for GBA and Super Mario:Partners in time for the DS leave it alone huh?Hells_Hammer

Yeah. Uh, these don't count. They might be similar and they might be good. They are not Super Mario RPG.

Enix didn't join until mid PS2 era. FF10 and Kingdom Hearts have the Squaresoft logo on it.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

Apparently there is no CT remake because the guys who made it left Square ages ago.TheManWithAPS2

That honestly isn't any reason not to go through with it now is it...

the_9th_wonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 the_9th_wonder
Member since 2005 • 103 Posts

Remake? Aren't we forgetting the PS1 port with the slick anime cut scenes? It was coupled with one of the early FFs in a package they dubbed, "Final Fantasy Chronicles" even though CC has no ties to the FF universe apart from its creators... Still, I agree, a port to handhelds is in order... can't have too many good RPGs on the go much less one of "Chrono Trigger's" Caliber.

Hells_Hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Hells_Hammer
Member since 2007 • 972 Posts
[QUOTE="Hells_Hammer"]

[QUOTE="Micheal-Death"]Super Mario RPG had two other game's after it the one for GBA and Super Mario:Partners in time for the DS leave it alone huh?Ragnarok1051

Enix didn't join until mid PS2 era. FF10 and Kingdom Hearts have the Squaresoft logo on it.

Double check that it doesn't have both. I don't own either of those games, but I do own Final Fantasy Origins for PS1, which says Squaresoft AND Enix. Not SquareEnix.

DarkFire716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 DarkFire716
Member since 2007 • 514 Posts

It's not going to be ported to the DS, it has a better chance being ported to the PSP.WSGRandomPerson

wow that would suck, the PSP doesnt deserve to have CT as a port. i would rather not have a remake if it meant it was on the PSP.

but, i think that after a while Square will come to there senses and remake it and put on DS.

thisguy51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 thisguy51
Member since 2006 • 5319 Posts

[QUOTE="WSGRandomPerson"]It's not going to be ported to the DS, it has a better chance being ported to the PSP.DarkFire716

wow that would suck, the PSP doesnt deserve to have CT as a port. i would rather not have a remake if it meant it was on the PSP.

but, i think that after a while Square will come to there senses and remake it and put on DS.

Woah. Total PSP hater.

I would prefer a totally new sequel on a console.

If it were a remake, I would want it on Sony's handheld simply because it has more power.

CT deserves to be displayed in all its glory even if it means long load times.

DarkFire716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DarkFire716
Member since 2007 • 514 Posts

i dont know, i like the other Sony systems, i just dont like the PSP for some reason.

hopefully if theydo remake it, it would be on the DS, mainly cuz the DS can do something more innovative with the game than the PSP. and besides that if it came out on the PSP id have to go get another PSP.

for the record i like sony, just not PSP.

linksdeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 linksdeity
Member since 2003 • 205 Posts
It NEEDS to be done, all the extras of the PS1 version and none of the load times... *drool* Sadly, SqaureEnix is too busy porting the old FFs and making worse new ones to care about the greatest franchise it ever had. D: