Sonic Unleashed (Wii Screens!!!) NO JOKE!

• 105 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thisguy51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52 thisguy51
Member since 2006 • 5319 Posts
Looks like a dreamcast game.
El_Jarvo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#54 El_Jarvo
Member since 2005 • 398 Posts

Oh dear...

They do look like magazine scans though, and the game's not due for release until later on this year anyway.

I'll most likely be getting it on the 360 anyway.

komdosina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 komdosina
Member since 2003 • 4972 Posts

[QUOTE="AnGrYpHiL"]why wont the ps2 die already?!?!?!?!?!Haziqonfire

It's still selling. It's a platform developers can still make money off of.

Sonic Secret of the Rings sold over 1.2 million worldwide more then crappy Sonic 06 for the PS360 put together. With that kind of sale plus the great sales they did of Sonic titles back for the GC, I would hope that Sega let's Dimps drop the PS2 so that the can fully concetrate on the Wii version.

Kind of like what Activision did with the PS2 version of COD:WaW, which was first listed with a PS2 version and then in later listings cancelled, presumably to better develop the Wii version. As for the current graphics they are blurry scans done from a magazine, so screaming DS, N64 or Dreamcast graphics right now is just plain hysterical.

Give me direct website screenshots, the magazine directly at my eyes or a video of the Wii version before I judge it graphically. In the end Dimps have so far done great job with Sonic on the portables that they at-least deserve more time before screaming bloody murder on the Wii's versions overall quality.

One more case against Sega even bothering with a PS2 version, is that the last two main Sonic games Sonic 06 and Sonic SotR where done only in current-gen consoles like the 360, PS3 and Wii. Unleashed is an attempted re-boot being released near the end of this year, it really doesn't need a previous-gen PS2 version. A 360, PS3 and Wii version should garner good enough sales, Sega and other 3rd parties let the PS2 R.I.P.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts
Wow people thoses are SCANS. OF COURSE the quality is crappy. Jesus Christ. can't you people think???:|
sonic_brawler2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57 sonic_brawler2
Member since 2008 • 50 Posts
could be worse. it looks allot better than most wii version multi console games.
-CheeseEater-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 -CheeseEater-
Member since 2007 • 5258 Posts
Nope those are scans, it's to obvious to tell.
Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Erebyssial
Member since 2007 • 2903 Posts
Wow I can't believe so many people actually think the game will look like this. Scans people, scans.
wiretoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 wiretoss
Member since 2006 • 3030 Posts
"Scans scans scans." That much is obvious. People are getting so upset because whether or not it's a scan, it looks like crap compared to Secret Rings.
toadster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#61 toadster101
Member since 2006 • 12622 Posts

"Scans scans scans." That much is obvious. People are getting so upset because whether or not it's a scan, it looks like crap compared to Secret Rings. wiretoss

This. Sonic looks like he has no shading regardless of the scan quality. It still looks like crap.

lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts
Those look like scans to me.:|
Matthew_han

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Matthew_han
Member since 2006 • 303 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbg1S2xIvIA this is a video with scans from the wii version, 8 scans to be exact.
komdosina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 komdosina
I really wan't to see the magazine artice and photos myself, i.e. non-scanned.
komdosina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 komdosina

Hmmm. Very interesting. I don't know what to think about those scans as they don't contain any HUD elements and look substantially worse than Sonic and the Secret Rings. Could very well be in-game shots, but it could also be some alpha/ps2 shots. Doing some research I found scans from Official Nintendo Magazine May 2008 issue. Could somebody from UK/EU verify that this is an actual issue and not a fake? Anyway if you go to their site they have many screens listed that look very nice. The WEIRD thing is that these are taken at 1024x576 not a Wii resolution. Whereas most 360/PS3 screens are 1280x720. Maybe just higher-res promo shots taken from a dev unit? Who knows. Here's some links to check out. ONM and also camp sonic

Some pics from the article...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's some Sonic and the Secret Rings screens...

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm not really sure what to think. These pics look really good, but the 1024x576 resolution used on the site seems illogical. Although they don't really seem too much better than Secret Rings, just some better lighting/texturing. Whatever, just something to ponder.

gamecubepad

Secret of the Rings really is great looking Wii game, not just compared to other 3rd party games but I think compairs well with Nintendo's own efforts.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#66 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26119 Posts
This looks worse than Secret Rings.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Willy105

Wow i knew this game would be bad. All the sonic game are bad now adays.

musicman748

Except on DS, which are some of Sonic's best games ever.

toadster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 toadster101
I still think it looks bad.
thegamemonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#69 thegamemonkey
Member since 2007 • 3234 Posts
Let's hope the gameplay makes up for it.
wiretoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 wiretoss
Everytime I look at it, I feel like vomiting.
Avatar image for 1337_lost_souls
1337_lost_souls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#71 1337_lost_souls
Member since 2007 • 1315 Posts
i think the first post's wrong cause why would the 360/ps3 version have a HUD and the wii/ps2 version wouldn't if they're most likely at the same part of production.
toadster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 toadster101

Everytime I look at it, I feel like vomiting.wiretoss

Agreed.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#73 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

OK, did everyone miss where they're scans?

Not even good scans either, like 20 dollar scanner 14dpi scans

wiretoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 wiretoss

Jaysonguy
Did you miss the part where Sonic has no shading? It looks like they colored this game in MS Paint.
Avatar image for DragonQuestHero
DragonQuestHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 DragonQuestHero
Member since 2006 • 1105 Posts

The biggest disappointment is Sonic is the only playble character. I can live with the grahpics. But once again, Tails is left in the dust along with Knuckles. At leaast there in the sotry of this one unlike Secert Rings. The whole Hedgehogs are sayians kinda gotten old in my veiw.

Sega just needs to make Sonic The Hedgehog 4. Oh well, I'm still looking forward to it, but I'm looking forward to the SOnic RPG more.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

wiretoss

Did you miss the part where Sonic has no shading? It looks like they colored this game in MS Paint.

So the stumbling block is the word scans right?

To scan something in means to, and I quote "The scanner uses a light source, typically a cold cathode lamp to illuminate the scanned object. The light is then reflected off the object and into Charged Coupled Device (CCD). The Charged Coupled Device collects the information, and through a series of electronic devices converts the analog signal into a series of digital signals which can then be read and processed by the internal electronics of the scanner and subsequently a computer."

So see if the quality is bad then what you're seeing isn't a true depiction of what is actually there. Since you can see "grain" in those scans the scanner used is trash.

In essence someone took a picture of a picture and used a very bad camera.

Matthew_han

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Matthew_han
Member since 2006 • 303 Posts

The biggest disappointment is Sonic is the only playble character. I can live with the grahpics. But once again, Tails is left in the dust along with Knuckles. At leaast there in the sotry of this one unlike Secert Rings. The whole Hedgehogs are sayians kinda gotten old in my veiw.

Sega just needs to make Sonic The Hedgehog 4. Oh well, I'm still looking forward to it, but I'm looking forward to the SOnic RPG more.

DragonQuestHero

NO. I don't really mind Tail being playable in 2-D sonic games, however in 3-D, it is a HORRID experience to control his propelling tails. It was smart for the Sonic Team to drop every other playable character.

Avatar image for DragonQuestHero
DragonQuestHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 DragonQuestHero
Member since 2006 • 1105 Posts
[QUOTE="DragonQuestHero"]

Matthew_han

NO. I don't really mind Tail being playable in 2-D sonic games, however in 3-D, it is a HORRID experience to control his propelling tails. It was smart for the Sonic Team to drop every other playable character.

You forget this is basically a 2-D Sonic game. Also controling Tails is as easy as contorling Sonic (besides in Sonic Adventrue 2 when they put him in that stupid hlaf plane thing). They just need to have Tails be Tails. Tails is basically the same as Soinc other then the fact he can fly. They should make it to where you can pick who you want to save the world. IN the old game you not even FORCED to play Sonic. Even in the GBA games, you could play Tails, but SOnic had to save the day. So there no point in playing Tails at all. He is SOinc SIDE-KICK, he would be fghting along side Soinc like he did in the old games. However Sega been Killing him off as every new game comes by. IN Sonic Rush he was a cheerleader...when he would be fighting along side Soinc.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Jaysonguy
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"][QUOTE="wiretoss"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

wiretoss

So the stumbling block is the word scans right?

To scan something in means to, and I quote "The scanner uses a light source, typically a cold cathode lamp to illuminate the scanned object. The light is then reflected off the object and into Charged Coupled Device (CCD). The Charged Coupled Device collects the information, and through a series of electronic devices converts the analog signal into a series of digital signals which can then be read and processed by the internal electronics of the scanner and subsequently a computer."

So see if the quality is bad then what you're seeing isn't a true depiction of what is actually there. Since you can see "grain" in those scans the scanner used is trash.

In essence someone took a picture of a picture and used a very bad camera.

Ok Mr. Patronize. I know what the word "scan" means. I also know that just because you scanned something on a bad scanner, it wouldn't ignore shading COMPLETELY. Whether or not it is a bad scan, it still shouldn't look like a DS game. I doubt the scanner would pick a general color blue and decide to just fill in Sonic completely with the same color. This all seems like you're grasping at straws to defend this game's graphics.

I'm sure you're capable of google image searching "Sonic Scans" and let the image results do the rest of the talking.

I'm not defending anything, I'm saying that you're looking at a picture of a picture taken with a crappy camera.

Of course bad imagery will take out shading completely, make colors look like complete blobs, and obscure any detail. Hence the reason no one goes by them.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

"Scans scans scans." That much is obvious. People are getting so upset because whether or not it's a scan, it looks like crap compared to Secret Rings. wiretoss
I really think the scan quality makes the screens worse than people think... we can barely see the 3D shape of Sonic through his blue fur on the first pic. You think in motion it's gonna end up the same? People should wait to see the game in motion before assuming the worse. I mean there's no special FXs visible in motion going on thoses like motion blur, etc.

Plus the draw distance seem to be good.

slimdave21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 slimdave21
Member since 2003 • 2646 Posts
Whatever, I think it looks excellent. I hope its a great fun game, couldn't care less about the graphics.
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#84 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

Hmmm. Very interesting. I don't know what to think about those scans as they don't contain any HUD elements and look substantially worse than Sonic and the Secret Rings. Could very well be in-game shots, but it could also be some alpha/ps2 shots. Doing some research I found scans from Official Nintendo Magazine May 2008 issue. Could somebody from UK/EU verify that this is an actual issue and not a fake? Anyway if you go to their site they have many screens listed that look very nice. The WEIRD thing is that these are taken at 1024x576 not a Wii resolution. Whereas most 360/PS3 screens are 1280x720. Maybe just higher-res promo shots taken from a dev unit? Who knows. Here's some links to check out. ONM and also camp sonic

Some pics from the article...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's some Sonic and the Secret Rings screens...

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm not really sure what to think. These pics look really good, but the 1024x576 resolution used on the site seems illogical. Although they don't really seem too much better than Secret Rings, just some better lighting/texturing. Whatever, just something to ponder.

gamecubepad

That looks a lot better then Secret Rings and you can definately see different textures.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#85 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts
The Wii version look ugly.:? But I wait until I see some video of this version, before I judge it more.
yowvapa2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 yowvapa2
Member since 2008 • 209 Posts
I just do not get why the younger generation of gamers prejudged the game because of its graphics, while not knowing how it plays. I am smart and will not prejudge the game just by magazine scans regardless of quality and only video footage will determine what I think of Sonic Unleashed.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Willy105

I just do not get why the younger generation of gamers prejudged the game because of its graphics, while not knowing how it plays. I am smart and will not prejudge the game just by magazine scans regardless of quality and only video footage will determine what I think of Sonic Unleashed.yowvapa2

Gameplay >>>> Graphics.

But this is a downgrade from the last Sonic Wii game. This better be running at 60 fps, because Sonic and the Secret Rings looked better than this but only ran at 30 fps.

wiretoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 wiretoss

[QUOTE="wiretoss"]"Scans scans scans." That much is obvious. People are getting so upset because whether or not it's a scan, it looks like crap compared to Secret Rings. m_machine024

I really think the scan quality makes the screens worse than people think... we can barely see the 3D shape of Sonic through his blue fur on the first pic. You think in motion it's gonna end up the same? People should wait to see the game in motion before assuming the worse. I mean there's no special FXs visible in motion going on thoses like motion blur, etc.

Plus the draw distance seem to be good.

I have said in other posts that I'm sure it won't end up looking like this. The only way I can see those scans being that bad though is if they were using a scanner from the 90's. =/
toadster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 toadster101

[QUOTE="yowvapa2"]I just do not get why the younger generation of gamers prejudged the game because of its graphics, while not knowing how it plays. I am smart and will not prejudge the game just by magazine scans regardless of quality and only video footage will determine what I think of Sonic Unleashed.Willy105

Gameplay >>>> Graphics.

But this is a downgrade from the last Sonic Wii game. This better be running at 60 fps, because Sonic and the Secret Rings looked better than this but only ran at 30 fps.

QFT

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Willy105

THEY'RE SCANS, THEY'RE MUCH BETTER THAN THAT!N-One

Forget about the quality of the picture, focus on what is ON the picture! This game is not up to standards graphically for a Wii game!

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="N-One"]THEY'RE SCANS, THEY'RE MUCH BETTER THAN THAT!Willy105

Forget about the quality of the picture, focus on what is ON the picture! This game is not up to standards graphically for a Wii game!

I already explained about the scans

If you choose to ignore it then so be it

Be upset and angry over something that's not true

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
These are scans I have the issue of Nintendo Power they look great they just look horrible when you scan them.
Avatar image for remmbermytitans
remmbermytitans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#95 remmbermytitans
Member since 2005 • 7214 Posts
If those are the official in-game graphics from the Wii, why is there no heads-up display?GabuEx

Heads-up display? Heads-up display.... :shock: HUD! That makes sense!
aidanquinn3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 aidanquinn3
Member since 2007 • 118 Posts
looks like all the others
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

Those SCANS look really bad, but I have optimism that the game will not look that bad finally

Superstrokey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Superstrokey
Member since 2005 • 832 Posts
Looks fine to me...
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#99 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

[QUOTE="N-One"]THEY'RE SCANS, THEY'RE MUCH BETTER THAN THAT!Willy105

what are you talking about it looks pretty much like the conduit!

stkr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#100 stkr
Member since 2006 • 6118 Posts
I don't see what the issue is. The game isn't even complete yet. The Wii isn't even a graphical powerhouse and majority of the games on the system look less than average anyway.