Someone told me the 3DS has huge third party support...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

I'm sorry if i sound really ignorant, but what does that mean?

knightseason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 knightseason
Member since 2006 • 1260 Posts

It means that a lot of developers other than ones owned by Nintendo (1st and 2nd party developers) are making games for the 3DS

BR0M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 BR0M
Member since 2005 • 1342 Posts

I'm sorry if i sound really ignorant, but what does that mean?

hydralisk86
It would refer to having a large number of developers investing a lot of time and interest in bringing quality games to the 3DS. First Party support would refer to Nintendo specifically developing a large number of games for the 3DS.
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hydralisk86

It means that a lot of developers other than ones owned by Nintendo (1st and 2nd party developers) are making games for the 3DS

knightseason

I see. And is it true that many other developers are making games for the 3DS?

knightseason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 knightseason

[QUOTE="knightseason"]

hydralisk86

Yes and as stated above it also means they will spend time and invest in each prodject and not just rush out half arsed games

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

[QUOTE="knightseason"]

hydralisk86

You question was answered but to clarify

1st party = games developed by nintendo

2nd party = games developed by a developer that nintendo owns or has contracted

3rd party = games completly out of nintendo's scope aka most games which is why having large 3rd party support is important.

To answer your question yes there are many developers making games for the 3DS and its basically guaranteed due to the success of the original DS.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hydralisk86

[QUOTE="hydralisk86"]

[QUOTE="knightseason"]

Gen007

3rd party = games completly out of nintendo's scope aka most games which is why having large 3rd party support is important.

To answer your question yes there are many developers making games for the 3DS and its basically guaranteed due to the success of the original DS.

Could you provide me with sources thatsay that the 3DS has many developers making games for it? Sorry, i just want to be sure so that i can decide if i want to buy the 3DS.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#8 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

Back when the 3DS was announced, like last year or whenever, the president of Nintendo Iwata (or else Reggie, I forget which), named a bunch of companies as ones that would come forward to support the 3DS and were starting to work on games for it.

They did name quite a few companies, of course I can't remember all of them. Since, new games by even more companies have been announced.

Details are sketchy for now, but it sounds like by the end of the year the 3DS will have a pretty decent-sized library.

If you want to see this for yourself, I would try searching for videos of the Nintendo speech event where they officially announced the 3DS.

knightseason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 knightseason

[QUOTE="Gen007"]

[QUOTE="hydralisk86"]

hydralisk86

Could you provide me with sources thatsay that the 3DS has many developers making games for it? Sorry, i just want to be sure so that i can decide if i want to buy the 3DS.

here is one for you

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hydralisk86

[QUOTE="hydralisk86"]

[QUOTE="Gen007"]

knightseason

here is one for you

OK, thanks, I read it, and there like 19 publishers. Does this surely guarantee lots and lots of good games? Is this more publishers than the original DS?

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
[QUOTE="hydralisk86"]

[QUOTE="Gen007"]

[QUOTE="hydralisk86"]

Just watch E3 2010 and you'll know.
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hydralisk86

[QUOTE="hydralisk86"]

[QUOTE="Gen007"]

Rod90

Just watch E3 2010 and you'll know.

I think i remember the video talking about how games like kid icarus, metroid, and mario are going to be on the 3dS. But, with those 20+ or so developers, will this guarantee lots and lots of good games, or does it just mean more crappy games? Like, those made from movies.

knightseason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 knightseason

OK, thanks, I read it, and there like 19 publishers. Does this surely guarantee lots and lots of good games? Is this more publishers than the original DS?

hydralisk86

You can never guarantee that any game will be "good" or "bad" as that is down to personal opinion, and that was only the publishers that were annouced at E3 there are probably more now and as time goes on maybe even more depending on how well the 3DS sells. Just look at this list as to the games that have been announced for it and maybe it will help you decide to get one or not.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts

Yes and as stated above it also means they will spend time and invest in each prodject and not just rush out half arsed games

knightseason
How do you figure that?
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hydralisk86

[QUOTE="hydralisk86"]

knightseason

You can never guarantee that any game will be "good" or "bad" as that is down to personal opinion, and that was only the publishers that were annouced at E3 there are probably more now and as time goes on maybe even more depending on how well the 3DS sells. Just look at this list as to the games that have been announced for it and maybe it will help you decide to get one or not.

I think Metroid was announced at E3 2010, but it wasn't listed. Will it be included? I think there might have been other games announced too, but not listed on the site you gave me.

knightseason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 knightseason

[QUOTE="knightseason"]

LordAndrew

How do you figure that?

Well most big companies do spend time and invest in each game to make them as good as possible or people will stop buying games made by then, but this doesn't mean they will be good or for some it doesn't mean they wont fell rushed.

What is the point in backing a console is your only going to do it half arsed?

knightseason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 knightseason

[QUOTE="knightseason"]

[QUOTE="hydralisk86"]

hydralisk86

I think Metroid was announced at E3 2010, but it wasn't listed. Will it be included? I think there might have been other games announced too, but not listed on the site you gave me.

Well I can't remember if Metroid was annouced at E3 or not, I also cannot see into the future, but seeing as Metriod is a popular series and has been on all Nintendo systems (but the N64) then you can almost guarantee it will be on the 3DS.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LordAndrew

Well most big companies do spend time and invest in each game to make them as good as possible or people will stop buying games made by then, but this doesn't mean they will be good or for some it doesn't mean they wont fell rushed.

knightseason
For some companies that's all they do. Have you seen Data Design Interactive's Wii "support"? Every one of their games is garbage.
knightseason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 knightseason

[QUOTE="knightseason"]

LordAndrew

For some companies that's all they do. Have you seen Data Design Interactive's Wii "support"? Every one of their games is garbage.

But if you look at the type of games they have made in the past you will are targeting, not just on Nintendo machines but all across the bored. Just for you here is a list of there games.

Looking at that list there you can tell that there targets are mostly children and every console has games like these on them, they can't all be great :P

and I wouldnt call them a "big" developer either :P

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LordAndrew
Big companies, maybe. But you didn't say that originally, and there's still no guarantee that they'll put that much effort into it. Even the 3DS launch lineup contains games that the developers clearly didn't put lot of effort put into.
knightseason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 knightseason

Big companies, maybe. But you didn't say that originally, and there's still no guarantee that they'll put that much effort into it. Even the 3DS launch lineup contains games that the developers clearly didn't put lot of effort put into. LordAndrew

I mentioned them when you fist asked me a question :)

And how many launch lineups are that good anyway :lol:

And the big developers do put effort into the games they make or (as I stated earlyer) people will stop buying games from them, and seeing as how much money goes into the development of games these days they dont want that to happen.

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

[QUOTE="Gen007"]

[QUOTE="hydralisk86"]

hydralisk86

Its not tha hard, Capcom, Konami, Hudson, and EA are all giving it good support near launch

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#23 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

are you serious theres already 150 games on this database so ya its getting decent support most of the big hitters will be from nintendo though aside from the good developers ,

with that said ya 3ds has huge support alot more then ngp does -ngp only has 18 games in this database compared to 3dses 150 plus games in this database