So Who Thinks There's No More Games For The Wii?

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Ok, there seems to be a slew (that means a large number) of topics that pretty much ask if Nintendo is going to close up shop and stop releasing games (after Kart). People are wondering if they should keep their Wii or I don't know, maybe send an Email out there encouraging them to make at least one more game before they stop?

I of course think there will continue to be games made for the Wii and it's actually frightening that users that are at least well versed in the industry to come here don't all share the same opinion.

So I decided to make a poll, I sincerely hope this is as lopsided as I think it'll be.

For the people who think there wont be any more games please, by all means, explain why you think that is going to happen.

For those of you who think that there will still be games made you don't need to respond since you'd only need to put "Duh, of course" (but feel free because it's always nice to have a discussion)

RandyAU93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 RandyAU93
Member since 2002 • 357 Posts

Huuuh?!? They make the hottest console on the planet and you're writing their death certificate?!? Have I missed something?

Besides, hopefully No More Heroes and Zack/Wiki indicate that the 3rd-party developers realize what they can really do with the Wii instead of shoveling stuff onto it. So with revitalized third parties and Nintendo still playing around, I would say the future looks very bright for the Wii.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Jaysonguy

Huuuh?!? They make the hottest console on the planet and you're writing their death certificate?!? Have I missed something?

Besides, hopefully No More Heroes and Zack/Wiki indicate that the 3rd-party developers realize what they can really do with the Wii instead of shoveling stuff onto it. So with revitalized third parties and Nintendo still playing around, I would say the future looks very bright for the Wii.

RandyAU93

You're gonna want to reread that post I think

creepy_mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 creepy_mike
Member since 2007 • 1092 Posts

Huuuh?!? They make the hottest console on the planet and you're writing their death certificate?!? Have I missed something?RandyAU93

Missed something? Why yes, you seem to have missed his entire post. :P

RandyAU93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 RandyAU93
Member since 2002 • 357 Posts

*smacks forehead and shouts "D'oh!"*

Niff_T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Niff_T
Member since 2007 • 6052 Posts
Are you serious???
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Cyber-
Member since 2007 • 4026 Posts

Lol is this another misconception we can add to the Wii bin?

You have to be crazy to think they are not already making 2010 titles. Hell they are already making the next Zelda game.

Seriously with how good first party games sell there is no way they would stop.

First party titles are not of concern. I know those are coming in full force all year, what i am worried about is third party support. But as big surprises like Fatal Frame 4 (I guess Nintendo is helping with htis project personally) I remain optomistic.

BTW anyone who says there are no games for their wii is crazy, there is both no More Heroes and Endless Ocean.

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts
Yes well this is actually funnier than people thinking MS only have like 5 games coming out this year, its more of a case that Nintendo and MS have not shown their hand yet where as Sony are still laying last years cards down ever so slowly. I don't expect news for a while, but I can see Nintendo hitting us with some info mid year that will make many of us salivate and a select few hyperventilate (must not hype myself too much on seeing early next Zelda footage lol it may not happen).
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jaysonguy
This is just a thread about Nintendo, no third party.
blueydwlf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 blueydwlf
Member since 2007 • 385 Posts
LOL Wierd considering that not more than a week ago Shiggy said there are plans for the next Mario and Zelda.
TDLlama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TDLlama
Member since 2006 • 2779 Posts
As far as I'm concerned, there aren't many games I'm interested in post-Brawl. Obviously, Nintendo isn't going to stop making games since there's at least a half-dozen franchises they can bring back like Star Fox and F-Zero.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jaysonguy

As far as I'm concerned, there aren't many games I'm interested in post-Brawl. TDLlama

So you know Nintendo's lineup for the rest of the lifespan of the Wii?

How do you know what you'll want when you have no idea what it is? (unless you have that list and then by all means share)

Jazunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jazunn
Member since 2007 • 666 Posts
I am calling this the post-Brawl syndrome. Some Wii fans are SO HYPED UP about Brawl tha they think it is the only game left for the Wii. They think once it gets released video gaming will be perfect and no other games need to be released ever, hence they do not think they need to stay informed about whats comming up...
Papo_2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Papo_2_
Member since 2007 • 37 Posts
if what u want to say is that u think that nintendo won't do any more games i think ur rong
TDLlama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TDLlama

[QUOTE="TDLlama"]As far as I'm concerned, there aren't many games I'm interested in post-Brawl. Jaysonguy

How do you know what you'll want when you have no idea what it is? (unless you have that list and then by all means share)

I know I want Brawl and maybe want Disaster: Day of Crisis, but until Nintendo starts announcing games, I see nothing I want at the moment. You obviously misunderstood me... if Nintendo were to say a new F-Zero game will be coming out in late '08, it'll be on my short list of most wanted games. I could care less about Mario Kart or Animal Crossing, but that's just me.

By the way, I'm voting yes.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jaysonguy

So far we have only one vote that says there wont be any new games

Sadly that person never explained their stance so we don't know if they really think that way or they just messed up their vote.

fraz1776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 fraz1776
Member since 2006 • 2269 Posts

Where did these rumors star? I can't understand why some people seem to think that nintendo are going to stop making games for what will no doubt become their best selling home console ever.

I'm sure Nintendo have a lot of stuff up their proverbial sleeves, we just need bigger and better 3rd party support. IMO

Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts

One year and we got: Zelda TP, Super Paper Mario, Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy.

The 2008 has just begun with No More Heroes and will continue with SMBB. What comes after? No idea, but I'm sure it will be good.

_Cab0ose87_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 _Cab0ose87_
Member since 2006 • 1002 Posts

LOL NO! Of course i don't think there isn't going to be any more games coming out for the Wii after Brawl.

I can't stop laughing at how CRAZY people are getting over Brawl... I mean FFS its SMASH BROS! do you people honestly think that some shallow fighting game that is JUST adding now what other games and fighters have had for years, is going to be THE BEST game on Wii for the rest of its life? Damn, that's pretty effing depressing... seriously come on this is getting rediculous.

BTW jasonguy im not directing this rant at your post.

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Cyber-

[QUOTE="TDLlama"]As far as I'm concerned, there aren't many games I'm interested in post-Brawl. Jaysonguy

If you dont want to talk about third parties there is no point to even talk about "wii" related issues. As far as I am concerned you wont get a better first party experience than what we will see on Wii.

What has and seems like will still be a problem is third party support. Its something that needs to be addressed.

BTW everytime someone says that Brawl is the only game coming out this year or for the rest of the Wii as some people are going to those extremes a kitten dies. No but seriously, WTF. What is wrong with Nintendo fans? If you honestly think that is the ony game good this year (and you may go for the MK Wii and some other big name game) why did you even buy a Wii? I dont understand why people would ignore all the other games and then complain that all they have is Brawl and MK Wii. How about you guys look into Project 0 (i think thats Fatal Frame 4), King's Story, RS 2, and many more less popular titles that look so promising.

_Cab0ose87_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 _Cab0ose87_
Member since 2006 • 1002 Posts
[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="TDLlama"]As far as I'm concerned, there aren't many games I'm interested in post-Brawl. Cyber-

If you dont want to talk about third parties there is no point to even talk about "wii" related issues. As far as I am concerned you wont get a better first party experience than what we will see on Wii.

What has and seems like will still be a problem is third party support. Its something that needs to be addressed.

BTW everytime someone says that Brawl is the only game coming out this year or for the rest of the Wii as some people are going to those extremes a kitten dies. No but seriously, WTF. What is wrong with Nintendo fans? If you honestly think that is the ony game good this year (and you may go for the MK Wii and some other big name game) why did you even buy a Wii? I dont understand why people would ignore all the other games and then complain that all they have is Brawl and MK Wii. How about you guys look into Project 0 (i think thats Fatal Frame 4), King's Story, RS 2, and many more less popular titles that look so promising.

THANK YOU! Sadly Nintendophiles are rather oblivious to the fact that Nintendo consoles have terrible 3rd party support and would rather just bury their head in some sand then face this fact. If you even TRY explaining this to them, they shout nonsense like "YOU SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT AN XBOX THEN WAAH WAAH"...

naelgilani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 naelgilani
Member since 2003 • 45 Posts

I am calling this the post-Brawl syndrome. Some Wii fans are SO HYPED UP about Brawl tha they think it is the only game left for the Wii.Jazunn

Def agree with that. People seem to be in a daze about Brawl and cant wait for it to come out, me being one of them :D. But there is something after Brawl, there has to be. It would be stupid on Nintendo's part to just stop. I'm sure they have something in development and behind the proverbial curtain and are just waiting for people get all over the hype. But once the game has been released and people get back to normal Nintendo will reveal what is behind the curtain and it will be like BAM almost like a slap across our faces and we will all be like WOW.

TDLlama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TDLlama

[QUOTE="Jazunn"]I am calling this the post-Brawl syndrome. Some Wii fans are SO HYPED UP about Brawl tha they think it is the only game left for the Wii.naelgilani

Def agree with that. People seem to be in a daze about Brawl and cant wait for it to come out, me being one of them :D. But there is something after Brawl, there has to be. It would be stupid on Nintendo's part to just stop. I'm sure they have something in development and behind the proverbial curtain and are just waiting for people get all over the hype. But once the game has been released and people get back to normal Nintendo will reveal what is behind the curtain and it will be like BAM almost like a slap across our faces and we will all be like WOW.

You've gotta be right... Nintendo always breaks out something big every few years... the problem is they haven't really managed to wow me with announcements recently. That doesn't mean they're out of ideas or not working on the next blockbuster game.

KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts

Yes well this is actually funnier than people thinking MS only have like 5 games coming out this year, its more of a case that Nintendo and MS have not shown their hand yet where as Sony are still laying last years cards down ever so slowly. I don't expect news for a while, but I can see Nintendo hitting us with some info mid year that will make many of us salivate and a select few hyperventilate (must not hype myself too much on seeing early next Zelda footage lol it may not happen).csliney

Except Sony has all the Aces.

chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

You should ask that message to the idiots who buy a Nintendo console for only the NIntendo games or the people who want more shooters, sandbox and sports games.

I buy a NIntendo console for both 1st and 3rd party games. My wishlist has more 3rd party games than 1st party. Only my N64 had more 1st party than 3rd party games. My NES, SNES and GameCube had more 3rd party games than 1st party.

I can name all my 3rd party games that I'm looking in 2008: Okami (never played the PS2 game), Monster Hunter 3, Tales of Symphonia: Knight of Ratastok, Fragile, Baroque, Mushroom Men, Spore, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Crystal Bearers, No More Heroes (not released in Canada yet and I begin to take an interest on it), Fatal Frame IV, Opoona and Blast Works.

Here's my 1st party list: SSBB and Mario Kart. That's it.

Let's see the wiiware titles that I'm looking in 2008:
3rd party: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles The young king and the Promise Land, Bomberman, Star Soldier R, Gravitonix, Platcheen, Eternity's Child

1st party: Dr.Mario

As for the VC, I'm at 12 1st party games and 9 3rd party games. Soon, it will be 12-11.

RichyRulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RichyRulez
Member since 2005 • 212 Posts
Isn't the Wii quite new? Only over a year now no? I don't see why they wouldn't I have both a 360 and a Wii, but I like my 360 more, as I see its library is better right now. Although do keep in mind that the 360 has been out for longer. I'm not a fan boy, but I think that the Wii has a lot of potential but just isn't using it to make enough great games.
chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

[QUOTE="csliney"]Yes well this is actually funnier than people thinking MS only have like 5 games coming out this year, its more of a case that Nintendo and MS have not shown their hand yet where as Sony are still laying last years cards down ever so slowly. I don't expect news for a while, but I can see Nintendo hitting us with some info mid year that will make many of us salivate and a select few hyperventilate (must not hype myself too much on seeing early next Zelda footage lol it may not happen).KH-mixerX

Sony can keep their overrated like Gran Turismo and rehashed like DMC4 aces if you're asking me. The only games I might buy if I get a PS3 are Pain on PSN and the next project of Team ICO. I never be a Metal Gear Solid fan and I'm glad MGS4 is the last game. As for Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy is crap now. FF6 all the way. I don't like at all what Square-Enix is doing to Final Fantasy 13.

I'll use the PS3 as a Blu-Ray driver like many people do.

Johnny-Torque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Johnny-Torque
Member since 2003 • 92 Posts
People are stupid to think Nintendo would stop making games, unlike Sega, Nintendo's systems do well.
BMX-boy131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BMX-boy131
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I hope this is not true ! I was hoping for a new legend of Zelda game!!How do I find out if this is true?

ag1052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ag1052
Member since 2006 • 5725 Posts

I hope this is not true ! I was hoping for a new legend of Zelda game!!How do I find out if this is true?

BMX-boy131
did you just read the title or did you actually read the thread posts?
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Cyber-

Ya this thread would have more meaning if you were talking about third party games.

There are already several games confirmed to come out. MK Wii being one of the big ones and also Animal Crossing (rumored an MMO).

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Jaysonguy

Ya this thread would have more meaning if you were talking about third party games.

There are already several games confirmed to come out. MK Wii being one of the big ones and also Animal Crossing (rumored an MMO).

Cyber-

Two things

1. In oder to have discussions about other things sometimes you have to first find a common ground

2. I'm talking about games not yet announced. What we know is there but do people think they'll be making more games BESIDES those.

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts

There is no doubt that Nintendo has a slew of new games coming. What are they? That's anyone's guess because the big N is just so secretive with everything. Nintendo is always cooking up several things at once. Personally, I've been waiting for a Pikmin 3 announcement for the longest time.

And for people who say there's nothing interesting after Brawl, you never know what will surprise you. I never thought I would have any fun at all with Wii Sports, but now I couldn't see owning a Wii without it.

KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#35 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts
[QUOTE="KH-mixerX"]

[QUOTE="csliney"]Yes well this is actually funnier than people thinking MS only have like 5 games coming out this year, its more of a case that Nintendo and MS have not shown their hand yet where as Sony are still laying last years cards down ever so slowly. I don't expect news for a while, but I can see Nintendo hitting us with some info mid year that will make many of us salivate and a select few hyperventilate (must not hype myself too much on seeing early next Zelda footage lol it may not happen).chris3116

Sony can keep their overrated like Gran Turismo and rehashed like DMC4 aces if you're asking me. The only games I might buy if I get a PS3 are Pain on PSN and the next project of Team ICO. I never be a Metal Gear Solid fan and I'm glad MGS4 is the last game. As for Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy is crap now. FF6 all the way. I don't like at all what Square-Enix is doing to Final Fantasy 13.

I'll use the PS3 as a Blu-Ray driver like many people do.

Alright, suit yourself. Your loss.

lenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lenson
Member since 2006 • 2531 Posts

Nintendo has a way of being real secretive. They may have half a dozen projects in the works that may not even be announced until they are near done. Plus third party developers need more time to finish up whatever they are doing right now on other systems before they can start on wii. If I remember correctly a lot of developers wrote the wii off in the begginning as a soon to die fad only to turn out wrong and then make statements about how they would love to develop for the wii. But before they can do that they must fulfill their obligations to projects already started. As far as titles go by the end of the year we will probably see a few dozen first rate titles spring up out of nowhere. I think the predictions many in the industry are making about Nintendo making an announcement about some really big wii game this E3 is quit likely. Who knows maybe they will finally officially announce pikmin 3 or animal crossing. I personally loved f zero and would love to see another.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#37 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
lol, who in the right mind would think nintendo would stop making games after Mario Kart wii?

Im willing to bet nintendo has 2-5 more franchises in the works for the Wii.
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Cyber-
[QUOTE="Cyber-"]

Jaysonguy

Two things

1. In oder to have discussions about other things sometimes you have to first find a common ground

2. I'm talking about games not yet announced. What we know is there but do people think they'll be making more games BESIDES those.

"Ok, there seems to be a slew (that means a large number) of topics that pretty much ask if Nintendo is going to close up shop and stop releasing games (after Kart)." I dont know why you would say this then??? Closing up shop, no games after MK Wii. What you initially said sounds like NIntendo would cease making First Party games which would make about as much sense as MS ceasing to make computors.

If I misunderstood what you said its because of that phrase.

I think there may be some crazy thing Nintendo is cooking up other then the barage of proven titles. Possibly a new hardcore series and possibly a new series that appeals to hardcores and non gamers alike (similar to Wii Fit and Wii Sports).

yuku_2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 yuku_2000
Member since 2006 • 175 Posts

Nintendo will stop making the games we all love like mario, zelda, etc.. and start making more causal friendlier games. Which most games like that end up being temporary fun until we realize how actually weak those game was. I mean wii fit sounds and looks cool but i don't most of us bought the wii for things such as that.

Unfortunately that's were it looks like Nintendo and good games are headed.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Jaysonguy

Nintendo will stop making the games we all love like mario, zelda, etc.. and start making more causal friendlier games.

yuku_2000

You missed the press release from Nintendo that said they feel the "novice" market is saturated with enough software and they're going to focus on their core gamers.

Also you missed where Nintendo is taking some of their DS support and moving them to the Wii development teams so they can fulfill that promise

forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts
I hope we see some more JRPG styled games. Fire Emblem is nice, but I want to see more, Tales of Symphonia looks to be promising but that's about the only one I know of. I know there are a couple others but I want to see something new and promising like Eternal Sonata was.
dirtymurdy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dirtymurdy123
Member since 2007 • 169 Posts
yea and once the headset comes out then the games will start rolling in behind it
yuku_2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 yuku_2000

So what i mean Big corporation always promise things that in the end, the consumer always ends up screwed and disappointed.

Also i would like to see a link where they say that plz.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Jaysonguy

yuku_2000

Check out the news area on Gamespot, they reported both of them.

Also thank you for thinking I made that up, awesome.

yuku_2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 yuku_2000
[QUOTE="yuku_2000"]

Jaysonguy

Check out the news area on Gamespot, they reported both of them.

Also thank you for thinking I made that up, awesome.

Hey some people say some B.S. things just to look smarter, thinking because it sounds good enough they can get away with it.

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

I think people are concerned because they are comparing this gen to the past 2 gens.

If we follow that format, we usually see 1 Mario game, 1 (or 2) Zelda games, 1 Super Smash Bros game, 1 Mario Kart game, 1 Animal Crossing, one of each of the Mario sports games, etc, etc.

Then we got Metroid Prime for the Gamecube, but the Prime series is over.

So, that said, we've already seen Mario, Zelda, (soon to be) Smash, (soon to be) Kart, Stikers, and so on, within the first year and a half.

That leaves...3 and a half years of...who knows?

I think people are just worried because of that ^^^ fact, and the fact that such a small amount of information has been released so far about future games. They're just worried because, if Nintendo follows past trends, we won't see much in terms of "classic" series coming back.

Of course, I think that logic is stupid.

By the way, I can't believe 8 people voted "no". That cracks me up.

dirtymurdy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dirtymurdy123

yea and the headset would be cool, too. would sell more games

i only quicked replyed cause im lazy

Jagazaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Jagazaar
Member since 2007 • 1023 Posts
Pessimists and Wii haters. And morons. Nintendo's finally back on top of the market, they'd be stupid not to do their damnedest to keep that position. Besides which, I highly doubt they'd try to rest on their laurels after what happened with the N64.
Jagazaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Jagazaar
Member since 2007 • 1023 Posts

I hope we see some more JRPG styled games. Fire Emblem is nice, but I want to see more, Tales of Symphonia looks to be promising but that's about the only one I know of. I know there are a couple others but I want to see something new and promising like Eternal Sonata was.forgot_it

Baroque by ATLUS looks interesting. Great JRPG company too, their Shin Megami Tensei series (and its countless spinoffs) is HIGHLY recommended.

http://au.gamespot.com/wii/rpg/baroque/index.html?tag=result;title;1

dirtymurdy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 dirtymurdy123
exactley and the guy that talks about the headsets a genious. y would they have a headset come out without games that r compatible with it?