So it seems SO FAR, Microsoft will be Nintendo's main rival, what do you think?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dencore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Dencore
Member since 2006 • 7094 Posts
First off I'd like to have you remember the keywords "so far" in my topic title.

Anyway how do you feel about this?

Do you like them as a main rival better then SONY or SEGA?
Do you think they are worthy to compete with Nintendo?

I honestly would much rather have them as SONY.

Mostly because I find them to have more "forbidden>
-ZeRoHouR-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 -ZeRoHouR-
Member since 2003 • 8089 Posts
So far, yes, you are right.  What you have to remember is that it's still early and for both the Wii and PS3, all of their main titles have not been released yet.  The PS3 could eventually pick up steam since if you look at the hardware of the PS3, it seems that Sony is looking more into a future resolution when Nintendo is looking for that "now" factor.  I hope and wish that the Wii can keep ahead of the game and not die off slowly like the Gamecube did.
Ryuku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Ryuku
Member since 2003 • 1166 Posts
hhahah so far eh ..
well i think .. so far Wii and PS3 can't do anything to the 360 yet .. its still farrr apart .. still too early to pass judgment
bofe1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 bofe1234
Member since 2005 • 3046 Posts

Actually i think microsoft kindof likes nintendo. a rep. for microsoft once said and im quoting him loosly "why go buy a ps3? go buy a 360 and wii instead" a NINTENDO rep later responded "no, and brushed the wii60 idea away"

i dont think they are too big of rivals. but as of now they are in first and nintendo is in second so i guess you could say rival. but once ps3 gets more units and more fanbase the #'s will most likely even out.

HawksNDoves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 HawksNDoves
Member since 2005 • 333 Posts
So far, yes, you are right.  What you have to remember is that it's still early and for both the Wii and PS3, all of their main titles have not been released yet.  The PS3 could eventually pick up steam since if you look at the hardware of the PS3, it seems that Sony is looking more into a future resolution when Nintendo is looking for that "now" factor.  I hope and wish that the Wii can keep ahead of the game and not die off slowly like the Gamecube did.-ZeRoHouR-
Yeah I hope Nintendo can keep the Wii going. However, I think Sony is Nintendo's main competition. It seems that most 360 owners buy a Wii... while most Sony Owners (because the PS3 is so much more) only get one system. I might be wrong... I have no facts to back this up... it's IMO.
euro96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 euro96
Member since 2005 • 499 Posts

I think once the PS3 launches here in Europe it will come on par with Wii by christmas and with Microsoft still ahead. I just hope the Wii keeps up with the pace and thus keeps its third party support.

bigcalkenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#7 bigcalkenobi
Member since 2006 • 1297 Posts
The real Competion iss currently between nintendo and MS. Sony might pickup when it is avalible to the whole world, the price drops and more titles are avalible, but the way it looks right now is tath by years end Nintendo and MS will be much closer in sales than right now and Sony will still be struggling to keep up. Sony will catch up eventually, but itll take a long time.
landedeagle365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 landedeagle365
Member since 2005 • 557 Posts
It is pretty early still... But the Wii has gotten off to a surprising and impressive start. Nintendo needs to be on their toes though: the PS3 could possibly make a comeback with the European launch, and the 360 is still far ahead in the race. Gathering even more 3rd party support, utilizing more Channels, and actually implementing online gaming would be a huge boost for Nintendo and could push them right along side of Microsoft in the next gen race.
Avatar image for The_Last_Jedi33
The_Last_Jedi33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 The_Last_Jedi33
Member since 2006 • 211 Posts
I think that the PS3 IS going to sell more, like when it launches in Europe, but I doubt that it will be enough to be TOUGH competition to the Wii, and it will NEVER come close to the 360. As for the Wii, I think that once the availability rises, then it will begin to sell even more, but again, I doubt that it will touch the 360. It was just the better timing.
jsrock_on54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 jsrock_on54
Member since 2003 • 627 Posts
Sony's only problem is it costs so much. if blu-ray takes off, the price will shrink & the ps3 could come up pretty quick. Nintendo could take #1 easily if they make smart games & good games, because its so much different than the other two. The graphics arent as good, but i dont think they are terrible.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
System wars
bofe1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 bofe1234
Member since 2005 • 3046 Posts

I think that the PS3 IS going to sell more, like when it launches in Europe, but I doubt that it will be enough to be TOUGH competition to the Wii, and it will NEVER come close to the 360. As for the Wii, I think that once the availability rises, then it will begin to sell even more, but again, I doubt that it will touch the 360. It was just the better timing.The_Last_Jedi33

You'd be surprise. ps3 will definetly come close to 360. in japan the 360 sells worse than a copy of grabbed by the gholies. it sells so badly its in last place. on the other hand ps3 sells extremely well in japan so over there the market will be higher. i think overall in about 2 years all the systems will be about equal. as of right now no one can tell but once everything is stable then it should even out.

Smogtoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 Smogtoe
Member since 2005 • 362 Posts
It sure is interesting seeing the sales situation with Sony in 3rd.  I'm predicting by Christmas, ......Nintendo # 1, Micro # 2, Sony # 3.  But hey just guesstamating!  Who knows....
ShakeNBake1491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ShakeNBake1491
Member since 2004 • 3055 Posts
System warsJaysonguy
wow that took a while