-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

I noticed that this game is a long running series that I think is exclusive to Nintendo. I have never played a FE game in my life and I just bought FE Warriors. SO, I did not know that this game is not actually a true FE game lol, at least not in the traditional gameplay sense. I actually didn't know that FE Warriors was a Dynasty Warriors type game when I ordered it. I just actually found out that the series are a tactical RPG type game. I think that's awesome! I love those kind of games but, barely have any in my collection. I remember all the hours I put into Advance Wars, FF Tactics, FF Tactics Advance, etc. and I knew that I had to give the games a chance. Now, since my first FE is not an "actual FE game", which game should I start with? There are a ton of FE games and I am years late to the party. Does FE have one giant continuous story or is every game a different story with different sets of characters like the Final Fantasy series?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

ive never played a FE game either. i am not a big RPG guy.

But i also want to try one one day. So i may not be much help but...

i think you should buy one of the modern ones. like from the gamecube/wii/and switch.

unless you have a 3DS. awkening and fates is highly recomended on 3DS.

so if you dont have a 3DS or gamecube or wii. then you have to wait till next year to play the switch one.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

Most of the Fire Emblem games are their own self-contained story. The only exception that I can think of is that Radiant Dawn on the Wii is a direct sequel to Path of Radiance on the Gamecube. I liked Radiant Dawn, but it is absolutely the worst place to start. I'd recommend Awakening as a good starting point.

sirkibble2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 sirkibble2
Member since 2005 • 981 Posts

@-paranorman-: Any of them. I guess the most recent ones on the 3DS since they're the most accessible. I would say the first one released on the GBA but, y'know, not as easy to access.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5249 Posts

Had you tried the mobile spin-off Fire Emblem Heroes? While free-to-play, it will get you an idea what the main games are like.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

Try Fire Emblem Awakening. It's probably the best one.

Coming from a JRPG fan, Fire Emblem Awakening is the first Fire Emblem I ever played and I loved it. After that, I played Fire Emblem Birthright which wasn't so good and got bored of it.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts

Fire Emblem on the GBA is my personal favorite and a very good FE to start with. If you want something newer the 3DS games are good.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

Some of the games connect like Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn but the stories still generally stand well on their own. Either of the GBA titles, Path of Radiance, or Awakening would be good ones to start with. The Switch game comes out in Spring 2019 if you'd also just rather wait and see how that is.

Since you are a big SRPG fan I'd recommend Disgaea series if you haven't played them. Those are all separate aside from D2, and post game content. 5 Complete is currently on Switch with remake of the first game coming soon to Switch/PS4.