So i showed my mom the new punch out wii trailer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 legend26
Member since 2007 • 16010 Posts

I was just sitting on my computer watching the punch out trailer over and over again with excitement (THANK YOU nintendo!!!!)

and then my mom comes up to me and says "whats that music it sounds familier?"

then she sees the trailer and says "OMG they are making a new punch out?!" then she goes on to tell me how she played punch out on the NES with my older brother when he was little. now she cant wait for it

and then i thought "see this nintendo! this is a bridge game for the hardcore and casual"

she also asked if they will have mike tyson >_>

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts

I was just sitting on my computer watching the punch out trailer over and over again with excitement (THANK YOU nintendo!!!!)

then she sees the trailer and says "OMG they are making a new punch out?!" then she goes on to tell me how she played punch out on the NES with my older brother when he was little. now she cant wait for it

and then i thought "see this nintendo! this is a bridge game for the hardcore and casual"

legend26

Your mom rocks, end of story.

My parents game too actually, my dad more than me:?, he loves horror and action, like Resident Evil and Splinter Cell. And my mom used to play Zelda while she was pregnant for me :P

legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 legend26
[QUOTE="legend26"]

-Oath

Your mom rocks, end of story.

My parents game too actually, my dad more than me:?, he loves horror and action, like Resident Evil and Splinter Cell. And my mom used to play Zelda while she was pregnant for me :P

gaming parents ftw

Avatar image for garrett_duffman
garrett_duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 garrett_duffman
Member since 2004 • 10684 Posts
sega master system for the win, thats all i ever played with my mom
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

My mom complains "Games are to fast now!" :lol:
she sees sonic now and says "ITS TOO FAST".

but thats cool. I love these little stories about parents and gaming.

legend26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 legend26

My mom complains "Games are to fast now!" :lol:
she sees sonic now and says "ITS TOO FAST".

but thats cool. I love these little stories about parents and gaming.

Haziqonfire

has she SEEN sonic unleashed lol!?

:lol:

freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts

Whenever I mention games my parents always go on about the Atari 2600 and the Commodore 64 and how they used to have the original Pong and everything. My mum hardly games anymore, but my dad occasionally does. If it wasnt for his love of Doom and Wolfenstein I wouldnt be the gamer I am today.

livinitup01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 livinitup01
Member since 2004 • 1245 Posts
Yeah, my mom's all over Pac-Man and Tetris. When I had a Super Nintendo back in the day my mom bought Tetris for it. She was playing it when I got home from school and she said she'd been playing it on and off all day. I was shocked. Both my parents love Wii Sports and my dad, the non-gamer, likes playing Wii Sports Golf with me while my mom loves Boxing (so competitive). I'm really glad the Wii has casual games, if they didn't I'd be playing alone this gen. Thanks Nintendo for getting my fam into gaming. It's fun.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
my dad plays wii sports all day when he visits my house. he got so good, he beat me in every sports.
NintendoGamer3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 NintendoGamer3
Member since 2008 • 2848 Posts
Lucky.. :( My parents arn't gamers. My dad can't see the tv cause he's half blind. And my mom thinks half the games I play/want are violent.... So I'll probably will be playing Mario Kart for the rest of my life.. >.> I hate my life.
Fatkiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Fatkiwi
Member since 2008 • 132 Posts

Whenever I mention games my parents always go on about the Atari 2600 and the Commodore 64 and how they used to have the original Pong and everything. My mum hardly games anymore, but my dad occasionally does. If it wasnt for his love of Doom and Wolfenstein I wouldnt be the gamer I am today.

freek666

Woah.

Are you like my twin brother or something?

The only thing my mom plays is Spider Solitaire, and I grew up playing Doom and Wolfenstein with my dad.

Cesar_Barba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Cesar_Barba
Member since 2003 • 3665 Posts

legend26
LOL, Nintendo could not get rid of Tyson fast enough after that alleged rape, there is no way in the world now that Mike likes to eat human ears.
BTW, I too must have seen that trailer like 10 times today, too me it's even bigger news than Snake in Brawl.
freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 freek666
[QUOTE="freek666"]

Fatkiwi

Woah.

The only thing my mom plays is Spider Solitaire, and I grew up playing Doom and Wolfenstein with my dad.

Maybe! :o

Or maybe... I am you.

WOAH!

Cesar_Barba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Cesar_Barba
Member since 2003 • 3665 Posts
[QUOTE="Fatkiwi"][QUOTE="freek666"]

freek666

Woah.

Or maybe... I am you.

WOAH!

We seem to have a doppelganger problem in out hands here.
deimos113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deimos113
Member since 2007 • 516 Posts
Hah, my mum hates fast games with a burining passion. If something happens thats too quick for her she fumbles the controller and stamps out the room yelling at me to win it for her.
lost_cheeto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lost_cheeto
Member since 2007 • 272 Posts
your all so lucky with gamer parents. my parents think games are a stupid waste of time. when i got my wii i thought hey bowling or something with my dad would be pretty cool. um no. i tried showing him the wii and hes like that is the dumbest thing ive ever seen. oh well.
freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 freek666
[QUOTE="freek666"][QUOTE="Fatkiwi"][QUOTE="freek666"]

Cesar_Barba

Woah.

Or maybe... I am you.

WOAH!

We seem to have a doppelganger problem in out hands here.

Are you proposing a death match of ancient roman gladiatorial preportions?

*readies trident and net*

KingBowser91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KingBowser91
Member since 2007 • 2638 Posts

Lol I remeber that I and my father where playing Super Mario ALL Stars,Yoshi's Island and Kirby's Funpack all day long.

Good Times.

blood_dragonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 blood_dragonx
Member since 2007 • 191 Posts

legend26

man, your mother is the coolest

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

When ever I was little my mom always was playing the NES, SNES, or Genesis because all she did was play Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic 2, Tetris, Dr. Mario, and games like Jepardy and Wheel of Fortune.

My Dad plays games aswell he plays Nascar games, other Racing Games, he also used to play GTAIII he didn't do the missions I beat the game and then I just make a copy of my game save and he plays that and just does whatever he wants in that copy. Which mainly involves Stealing Cars to drive them off of Ramps.

TAKE_IT_BACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TAKE_IT_BACK
Member since 2008 • 3850 Posts
Lucky you. My mom practically hates games.
mariojak1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 mariojak1984
Member since 2008 • 40 Posts
I know you guys have these great stories, but while my parents did play games, they don't usually remember much about them and don't care for them. but my mom made a huge improvement. The other day, she tried to help me with WarioLand: Shake It! I'm so proud of her! :cry: :P
XDXDXDXDXDXDXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 XDXDXDXDXDXDXD
Member since 2007 • 2399 Posts
My dad played Super Mario Bros and stuff. My mom never played any games. Shes never even touched my wii to play even wii sports. At least my dad was a gamer back then. Now he just plays Wii Sports a few times.
doctores143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#24 doctores143
Member since 2007 • 3016 Posts

legend26

I wish my mom was like that. One time I showed here the mario galaxy trailer and she goes "thats nice dear":(

king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#25 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts
That's a really great story. The only thing that worries me about the new Punch Out is how well it will be compared to newer games.
MadSomeone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#26 MadSomeone
Member since 2008 • 98 Posts
my mum was a mario fangirl! Yay for gaming mums!
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
That's a really great story. The only thing that worries me about the new Punch Out is how well it will be compared to newer games.king23_
I don't really have a problem with that Next Level Games proved they were great with Sports games. They made Mario Strikers Charged and now they are making Punch Out.
koopa_shell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 koopa_shell
Member since 2008 • 15001 Posts
My mom used to playSpyro with me on my Playstation when I was little. My dad also likes playing Galaga and Mario Baseball with my little brother but thats it.