Skate It IGN review

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamer6464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 gamer6464
Member since 2006 • 2239 Posts

http://wii.ign.com/articles/932/932004p1.html

Score: 8.5

SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 SMR-Venom
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
Damn I was just about to post this :) Great score. 2 great reasons to own a Balannce Board this winter, who would have thought the highest scoring games this holiday season would come from 3rd Parties, especially Ubisoft :o
red_sovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 red_sovereign
Member since 2007 • 1936 Posts

wth was 1up thinking???

D

i dont even think they played it!

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 clicketyclick
Member since 2008 • 7136 Posts

Whoa, not expected. IGN was saying that Shaun White was the better balance-board using boarding game. But they also said that Skate it allows for more tricks and complex moves. And you're right, SMR: Ubisoft... quality... never thought they'd be in the same sentence! :P  

teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 teknic1200
Member since 2007 • 3191 Posts

i never understood all the disappointment at E3.

both these have been on my radar ever since (and now they have both been in my wii)

red_sovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 red_sovereign

both these have been on my radar ever since (and now they have both been in my wii)

teknic1200

how do you like skate it?

TAKE_IT_BACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TAKE_IT_BACK
Member since 2008 • 3850 Posts

Nice, seems like it has a lot of depth.

@red_sovereign: 1up has been giving some pretty shaky reviews lately. Castlevainia Judgement was a D- I believe:? 

Avatar image for deactivated-6312ae31bb1f8
deactivated-6312ae31bb1f8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-6312ae31bb1f8
Member since 2003 • 320 Posts

1up/EGM reviews are so uneven now that they've lost all my faith.  I still have a subscription but it's more for Seanbaby, previews and rumors more than the awful reviews.  On topic, these games taking full advantage of the balance board making me take notice.  Might have to pick up Wii Fit after all.

SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 SMR-Venom
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts

wth was 1up thinking???

D

red_sovereign

Lol look at the comments below. God, 1Up is not to be trusted.

TAKE_IT_BACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TAKE_IT_BACK

1up/EGM reviews are so uneven now that they've lost all my faith.  I still have a subscription but it's more for Seanbaby, previews and rumors more than the awful reviews.  On topic, these games taking full advantage of the balance board making me take notice.  Might have to pick up Wii Fit after all.

RenegadeSynapse

I liked the old EGM better, when they still did 3 reviews for each game. Nowadays, 1up is just all over the place. 

Avatar image for deactivated-6312ae31bb1f8
deactivated-6312ae31bb1f8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-6312ae31bb1f8
Member since 2003 • 320 Posts

Even with 3 reviews, I think they're getting a bit cozy with the scale giving A,B,C on two games this month (Wii Music and Banjo).  Going down the scale like that doesn't tell me much.  I know why they switched to this scale but that doesn't mean I have to like it. 

TAKE_IT_BACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TAKE_IT_BACK

Even with 3 reviews, I think they're getting a bit cozy with the scale giving A,B,C on two games this month (Wii Music and Banjo).  Going down the scale like that doesn't tell me much.  I know why they switched to this scale but that doesn't mean I have to like it. 

RenegadeSynapse

Yeah, I liked numbered scores a lot better. They seem a lot clearer to me. 

red_sovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 red_sovereign

@red_sovereign: 1up has been giving some pretty shaky reviews lately. Castlevainia Judgement was a D- I believe:? 

TAKE_IT_BACK

yea i didnt believe the score at all. i read the review of both and they dont even offer a worthy amount of information. they just eschew on the flaws and nothing else. i know both of these games are robust on advantageous features consumer/gamer could enjoy. but 1up fails to mention any of them. they phail as reviewers. not to mention the guy reviewing skate it doesnt have a single wii game in his collection. his opion isnt even meritable. such a worthless review!!!!!

TAKE_IT_BACK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TAKE_IT_BACK
[QUOTE="TAKE_IT_BACK"]

red_sovereign

yea i didnt believe the score at all. i read the review of both and they dont even offer a worthy amount of information. they just eschew on the flaws and nothing else. i know both of these games are robust on advantageous features consumer/gamer could enjoy. but 1up fails to mention any of them. they phail as reviewers. not to mention the guy reviewing skate it doesnt have a single wii game in his collection. his opion isnt even meritable. such a worthless review!!!!!

Thats another thing, those reviews are all too short. You really can't sum up a game in 6 paragraphs. Its pathetic really. 

red_sovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 red_sovereign
[QUOTE="red_sovereign"][QUOTE="TAKE_IT_BACK"]

TAKE_IT_BACK

Thats another thing, those reviews are all too short. You really can't sum up a game in 6 paragraphs. Its pathetic really. 

exactly. a game that takes months/years to develop and some jhonny nutsucker sums it up in 4 paragraphs:? you cant value bs like this! how about telling me about the ENTIRE game and not just what you think it does wrong!! this enrages me. theres no wonder ive never even visited their site, until that CV:J topic went up!

i rlly hope 1up doesnt consider their content profession. it isnt at all!

red_sovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 red_sovereign

IGN'S video review is up

my only disgruntlementw/ the game is lack of other npcs. i know the city is derelict and all but damn, throw someone in there.

alexh_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 alexh_99
Member since 2007 • 5378 Posts

IGN'S video review is up

my only disgruntlementw/ the game is lack of other npcs. i know the city is derelict and all but damn, throw someone in there.

red_sovereign

Thanks for that.

I might be getting wii fit for christmas. (well not me, but my dad might is thinking about it for the whole family) and if i do get it i will highly consider both this and shaun white snowboarding.

bradsmith55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bradsmith55
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Which game controls better with the balance board? Ign says the same thing for both: Fun, but a little less precise than the wii mote. They do say Skate It's board control can be more challenging.
red_sovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 red_sovereign

Which game controls better with the balance board? Ign says the same thing for both: Fun, but a little less precise than the wii mote. They do say Skate It's board control can be more challenging.bradsmith55

in short

skate it is more hardcore, given its control scheme and limited multiplayer aspiration

SW:Rt is more casual, and has an easier control scheme. board and all.

skate it = skate it is more equivalent to the hd consoles versions

SW:Rt >,< SW it a totally different game. they take the open world away, but we get the board:D

i skate so im predisposed to buying and supporting skate it

but SW looks so awesome. i love the visual

webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts
im surprised that the 2 holiday balance board titles are good....and the holiday sonic game i shall begin saving up for a balance board then
teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 teknic1200
[QUOTE="teknic1200"]

red_sovereign

I am loving it.  it is HARD no joke on that.  the first hour was punishment.

a lot of twiddling with the settings, and getting used to the BB (which is finiky itself, don't know how many times i'v had to recalibrate that thing in the last week.....)

you really need to learn how to use the board.  but the pay off delivers.

red_sovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 red_sovereign
[QUOTE="red_sovereign"][QUOTE="teknic1200"]

teknic1200

I am loving it.  it is HARD no joke on that.  the first hour was punishment.

a lot of twiddling with the settings, and getting used to the BB (which is finiky itself, don't know how many times i'v had to recalibrate that thing in the last week.....)

you really need to learn how to use the board.  but the pay off delivers.

how does the wii-mote function? i dont have the board and i wanted some wii-mote impression

Chojuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Chojuto
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
God I want this game so bad...
teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 teknic1200

wth was 1up thinking???

D

red_sovereign

i don't think they played it either,  if they did the reviewer lies in the review with this statement:

It worked better when I stepped off the board and then tapped a specific area to pull off the desired move. This isn't skateboarding -- it's crappy aerobics.1up reviewer

this statement is false, if you were to do this you would be greeted with a "do not step off of the balance board" message. 

teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 teknic1200

how does the wii-mote function? i dont have the board and i wanted some wii-mote impression

red_sovereign

i haven't actually tried wiimote or wiimote/chuck setups.  I want to force myself to learn the board first.

sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts
I didnt think it would do that good.