Since the 3ds has so many problems

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fadeetoblackk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 fadeetoblackk
Member since 2011 • 459 Posts

Like a black screen of death and really bad battery life

Do you think that the 3ds lite or whatever improvment they plan on will come out sooner then later? Because I for one am not going to bother with the 3ds until things change. I am more than happy with my dsi.

MajorPain10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MajorPain10
Member since 2007 • 524 Posts
I would say the most Nintendo is going to do is release a larger battery pack. The black screen of death is not console-crippling issue and does not hinder your device useless as with the 360 and PS3. Battery life will vary person to person so until one has it in their hands they will not know how it will affect them.
fadeetoblackk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 fadeetoblackk
Well me for example I know how I like my portable to be and I like a lot of standy time. To me the best is the ds lite and I am upset I sold it. I would not charge that thing for weeks.
YoBrandino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#4 YoBrandino
Member since 2003 • 1546 Posts
The black screen error, is sparadic and will be fixed. The battery life could be better, but its not like the device is unusable or anything. I've had no issues with error or any battery troubles. So, I really don't think it constitutes as "so many problems." Yeah, I was happy with my DSi too. But I leaps and bounds happier with the 3DS. The DSi doesn't even come close to comparing once you have actually spent some time and used the 3DS.
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
2 problems is "so many"? The Black screen of death is such a stupid name, it makes you turn the console off and on again, it's not like it actually kills your 3DS, and nobody knows what's causing it yet, if it's a conflicting bit of software or something that can easily be patched. As for the battery I've said time and time again, why would they alienate new customers by releasing a new console just to make up for battery when they could release a battery pack.
tutt3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 tutt3r
Member since 2005 • 2865 Posts

BSOD has already been "fixed" by nintendo in the latest update, but supposedly there is still the problem. another update should solve things quickly.

the battery is a problem, but soon I imagine new batteries will be available for people to purchase. dont think nintendo is in that much of a hurry to update things.

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

The black screen of death is fixable with a firmware update, while the ROD with the 360 wasnt really fixable by software revisions but rather hardware revisions. The battery really isnt a problem either, for me atleast. I can see myself playing this beauty alot, where ever I go, but luckly everywhere I go will have either a cigarette lighter shocket (such as in cars) or just a regular 2 or 3 prong electrical shocket. Also 3rd partys have already released battery expansion packs for the 3DS which extend the 3DS battery life considerably. Who here canhonestly say that they will be playing with their 3DS with all settings on max? Not that many people (unless they absolutely nothing about changing the settings, which I doubt many young people are like that). Its a known fact that max settings for a portable arent best. Things look just fine with low or medium brighness and sound not at max. As for the 3D, I've found that I can see the 3D perfectly with the 3D barely on (btw, it looks amazing). So more battery power right there

LaytonsCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LaytonsCat
Member since 2010 • 3652 Posts

The black screen of death is a non issue, theres about two users here that have reported it. And there are thrid party batteries if thats an issue for you

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9 dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts
The "black screen of death" is a rare problem that has been picked up by blogs and other websites because it makes for an eye-catching headline. The only substantial "problem" with the 3DS is the less than ideal battery life, but that can be easily remedied with a higher capacity battery either from Nintendo or an after-market vendor.
fadeetoblackk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 fadeetoblackk

haha FANBOYS UNITE!

but seriously guys relax I am just stating my opinion. I will admit it dose not have that many problems. What I should have said is that it dose not meet what I want in a hand held. I did not know the black screen thing was so rare and such an easy fix that is great to hear. I am well aware of 3rd party batteries but they make it larger but that would not bother me. What dose bother me is shelling out extra money Cwith something that should be included with the system. The 3d is also a bit annoying to me but the slider fixes that. I also love how Nintendo promised that every game will be fully functional in 2d as well as 3d. The other reason I am waiting out on one is because I heard that original ds games really are not great looking on it. I would just rather wait a few years for a price drop or a new version because nothing about the 3ds is screaming buy me! But I am sorry I offended you guys by saying many problems. It dosent have many but I dont think it came out as good as it could have been.

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

haha FANBOYS UNITE!

but seriously guys relax I am just stating my opinion. I will admit it dose not have that many problems. What I should have said is that it dose not meet what I want in a hand held. I did not know the black screen thing was so rare and such an easy fix that is great to hear. I am well aware of 3rd party batteries but they make it larger but that would not bother me. What dose bother me is shelling out extra money Cwith something that should be included with the system. The 3d is also a bit annoying to me but the slider fixes that. I also love how Nintendo promised that every game will be fully functional in 2d as well as 3d. The other reason I am waiting out on one is because I heard that original ds games really are not great looking on it. I would just rather wait a few years for a price drop or a new version because nothing about the 3ds is screaming buy me! But I am sorry I offended you guys by saying many problems. It dosent have many but I dont think it came out as good as it could have been.

fadeetoblackk

What did you serioulsy expect on the 3DS board? Most of the posters here have no clue what SW is

YoBrandino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 YoBrandino
[QUOTE="fadeetoblackk"]

haha FANBOYS UNITE!

Its not about fanboy-ism and its not about offending people. It was simply another person, in this case it was you, that is posting a topic to spread somewhat inaccurite info on something they have no first hand experience with. The statements were not a matter of opinion. But this isn't about attacking you either, those of us who replied were most likely just trying to get more accurate info to those who may have read the post. But I haven't found the shorter battery time to really be an issue for me yet, and it would be very rare for me to be in a circumstance that it would really become one. It is a shame that the DS games have a little of a blur to them on the 3DS, but they are still completely playable. The DS games may not look quite as nice as they did on my DSi, but they still pretty much look better than on my orginal DS 'phat' I feel.
hensothor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hensothor
Member since 2011 • 522 Posts
I don't think those kind of things are going to lead to a sooner 3DS Lite. For one, BSoD we don't even know what causes it, and it's a minor issue at this point. Bad battery life isn't something fixable quickly, they knew about that beforehand, why would that speed things up? If anything, the 3DS has less problems than the original DS and therefore will take longer.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
[QUOTE="Cruse34"]

[QUOTE="fadeetoblackk"]

haha FANBOYS UNITE!

What did you serioulsy expect on the 3DS board? Most of the posters here have no clue what SW is

Because going to SW makes a better person...
Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

[QUOTE="Cruse34"]

[QUOTE="fadeetoblackk"]

haha FANBOYS UNITE!

Rod90

Because going to SW makes a better person...

I ment that many people here wouldn't be used to the talk of it

Coolwhip9001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Coolwhip9001
Member since 2011 • 52 Posts
I think Nintendo is already hard at work on the 3DSlite. They wanted to get the 3DS out as soon as possible, because loads of 3D devices are coming out (smartphones etc). Now they have it out, they can fix all the errors they made because of rushing the product. By the time PSP2 comes out they can choose to release the lite version.
loveless9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 loveless9
Member since 2011 • 167 Posts
The battery life is sort of a deal breaker for me. I don't care much about the black screen of death, if I bought one and it had that problem I would just trade it in or send it back to Nintendo.
BlueCash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BlueCash
Member since 2006 • 518 Posts

I have a feeling it will be a year or two before we see a 3ds lite. I would trade my current 3ds for it if the price is right. Those issues you mentioned are overrated. If not for the internet I would not even know about this "black screen of death" as I have not had one problem. As for the battery life I find myself charging it at least once a day because I have been playing it nonstop but I like the cradle which allows you to simply drop it in while doing other things.

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts
I don't understand why its labeled 'black screen of death', from what I've read its a very small issue that does not render your systems useless. More like an inconvenience that will be fixed with a firmware update.
Ilikemyname420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ilikemyname420
Member since 2007 • 5147 Posts

It's been known to crash once in a blue moon.....that's hardly a huge problem. And the battery life isn't exactly horrible considering it's essentially powering 2 top screens and while playing in 3D still lasts as long as my DSi on full brightness.

The crashes will be fixed with an update at some point, and if you're worried about battery life (although if you use the DSi really don't see how it's a huge difference) pick up an external battery pack.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#21 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

Like a black screen of death and really bad battery life

Do you think that the 3ds lite or whatever improvment they plan on will come out sooner then later? Because I for one am not going to bother with the 3ds until things change. I am more than happy with my dsi.

fadeetoblackk
We should expect a remodel at 2011 E3....& the new system should be out in 2012. Hopefully Nintendo can get their house together.
AstralDrmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AstralDrmz
Member since 2009 • 784 Posts

Two problems that I'm not experienceing are 'so many problems'. Wonder what you thought of the XB360...

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Coolyfett
Hopefully at E3 Nintendo will announce a new system. Then maybe the sales for it will pick up. The problems the 3DS suffer from are pretty MASSIVE & really need to be addressed. They really owe these gamers a heartfelt apology for the issues. Its just sad you know.
Ilikemyname420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ilikemyname420
Member since 2007 • 5147 Posts
Hopefully at E3 Nintendo will announce a new system. Then maybe the sales for it will pick up. The problems the 3DS suffer from are pretty MASSIVE & really need to be addressed. They really owe these gamers a heartfelt apology for the issues. Its just sad you know.Coolyfett
Unfortunately you'll have to explain what these MASSIVE problems are to those of us who actually bought the system and have no idea what you are referring to.
dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dzimm

For the record, Nintendo says there are no widespread problems with the 3DS. While some people have contacted Nintendo concerning various issues, Nintendo is reporting that the rate is far below that of past hardware launches.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Coolyfett

BSOD has already been "fixed" by nintendo in the latest update, but supposedly there is still the problem. another update should solve things quickly.

the battery is a problem, but soon I imagine new batteries will be available for people to purchase. dont think nintendo is in that much of a hurry to update things.

tutt3r
Its interest there is no urgency to fix issues on a system that cost 250$. That says so much about the firm. Hopefully they can create the new 3DS with urgency so gamers will finally get their moneys worth. Its the responsible thing to do.
YoBrandino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 YoBrandino
Hopefully at E3 Nintendo will announce a new system. Then maybe the sales for it will pick up. The problems the 3DS suffer from are pretty MASSIVE & really need to be addressed. They really owe these gamers a heartfelt apology for the issues. Its just sad you know.Coolyfett
OMG! My 3DS has MASSIVE issues?!?!? Please, Coolyfett, please tell me what they are. I've been playing it all this time and had no idea that I was dealing with all these MASSIVE issues? Tell me! Tell me! I'm sorry worried now, oh noes! /sarcasm Heatfelt apology? Seriously? I think I owe them a huge thank you for creating this wonderful system. The 3DS is awesome. Did you really have some bad experience or did you just not have any experience?
dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dzimm
It's best to ignore him. He's just here to wind people up.
HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

I never got the black screen thing and I don't plan on it either.

Avatar image for r_a_i_d_e_r_s19
r_a_i_d_e_r_s19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 r_a_i_d_e_r_s19
Member since 2009 • 448 Posts

the 3ds is perfectly fine to me, all i want them to do is release a seperate better battery that we can buy for a reasonable price. haha.

fadeetoblackk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 fadeetoblackk

[QUOTE="fadeetoblackk"]

haha FANBOYS UNITE!

YoBrandino

Its not about fanboy-ism and its not about offending people. It was simply another person, in this case it was you, that is posting a topic to spread somewhat inaccurite info on something they have no first hand experience with. The statements were not a matter of opinion. But this isn't about attacking you either, those of us who replied were most likely just trying to get more accurate info to those who may have read the post. But I haven't found the shorter battery time to really be an issue for me yet, and it would be very rare for me to be in a circumstance that it would really become one. It is a shame that the DS games have a little of a blur to them on the 3DS, but they are still completely playable. The DS games may not look quite as nice as they did on my DSi, but they still pretty much look better than on my orginal DS 'phat' I feel.

Okay I feel you. I was not aware of how little the problems occured. The battery would be a deal breaker for me and I know it. And the blur from playing ds games would REALLY bother me just because im picky. But from what pointed out the 3ds dosent seem half bad and if one of my friends got one I would want to spend some time with it. BTW nice picture I **** love that show =D

fadeetoblackk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 fadeetoblackk
I think Nintendo is already hard at work on the 3DSlite. They wanted to get the 3DS out as soon as possible, because loads of 3D devices are coming out (smartphones etc). Now they have it out, they can fix all the errors they made because of rushing the product. By the time PSP2 comes out they can choose to release the lite version.Coolwhip9001
that is exactly what I was thinking
fadeetoblackk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 fadeetoblackk

It's been known to crash once in a blue moon.....that's hardly a huge problem. And the battery life isn't exactly horrible considering it's essentially powering 2 top screens and while playing in 3D still lasts as long as my DSi on full brightness.

The crashes will be fixed with an update at some point, and if you're worried about battery life (although if you use the DSi really don't see how it's a huge difference) pick up an external battery pack.

Ilikemyname420

Well I pull a little more juice out of my dsi but now that I think about it 3 hours is not as short as I think especially since I never get to play for more than an hour at a time haha. OKAY GUYS IM CHANGING MY MIND. I did not buy one so I have hardly been able to test it. When I tried it at bestbuy playing that hang glider game it just made my eyes feel funny and made me slightly dizzy. And once the 3d is off the graphics do not seem significantly better then ds so I am just going to REALLY wait on a upgrade. But yeah, there are hardly any problems. Sorry to make you guys raggeeee

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dzimm

When I tried it at bestbuy playing that hang glider game it just made my eyes feel funny and made me slightly dizzy. And once the 3d is off the graphics do not seem significantly better then ds so I am just going to REALLY wait on a upgrade.fadeetoblackk

The 3D effect does take a little getting used to, and playing in-store where the console is bolted to a table and you have to hunch over to get a good angle on the screen really isn't the best case scenario. I had a similar experience as you with an in-store demo, but I've had no problems over the past few days, and viewing 3D is as comfortable as viewing 2D for me.

i have to disagree with your assessment that 3DS graphics are not significantly better than the DS. Fact: the DS could not run a game like Pilotwings Resort with its large, open, detailed game world. The closest game I can think of is Starfox Command which had a large play area, but the landscape was mostly flat and featureless, and there were restrictions on where the player could go.

Frankly, you're dreaming if you think Nintendo is going to come out with a new 3DS with improved graphics capabilities. It would make zero business sense to alienate the millions of customers who will be buying the 3DS during the coming year. On the hardware side of things, there's really no where else to take the design, so it's unlikely we're going to see a substantial overhaul like the DS Lite or the addition of new features like the DSi. The system has 2D and 3D cameras, motion detection, a microphone, 3D display, local and internet connectivity, touchscreen ... what else could they add that would make sense for a handheld system? New software features can be added at any time through a system update, and the battery life could be improved with the release of a new battery, so there's no pressing need at the moment for Nintendo to rush a revised 3DS to the market.

fadeetoblackk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 fadeetoblackk

Okay i guess your right about handling the open world thing. It just did not jump out to me as omg this is so amazing. It is improved. I am not expecting a brand new system they just always seem to shrink and improve there systems. The phat ds then the ds lite, an insane improvement. So I realize there not going to be in a rush but if in two and a half years the price or the old drops or there is a brand new one, then I will be ready to spend the money of a console on a handheld. I am a BIG nintendo fan but so far the ngp looks excellent and I might invest in that first. The problem is its sony so if I am complaining about money now the ngp will have me in tears. Im ready for like a 350 price tag if not more