Sick and tired of all these SSBB controllers threads!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Exxelerator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Exxelerator
Member since 2005 • 826 Posts

Im tired of all these threads concerning smash controllers. What i am trying to say here is that no matter what the controllers are they are going to stay the same! Brawl is a sequel with a set of predefine controllers so at the most extreme cases maybe we will get and extra button and thats it. Also i want to say that if Nintendo uses the wiimote/nunchuk combination there are not going to be any problems as they easily have all the buttons of a gc controllers plus some more. Stick in your heads that brawl is not gonna use motion sensitive in the core gameplay, maybe in minigames and things like that but not in fights. To prove that controllers will stay the same here is a pic with a comparison of both controllers. Keep in mind this set of controls is jsut to show that the mote/nunchuck has all the buttons it needs. Maybe the Z and C buttons are reversed or the - and + are used also but it doesnt matter. CONTROL WILL STAY THE SAME!

BET8390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 BET8390
Member since 2006 • 4193 Posts

So Am I, but as I said before In professional levels of play the c-stick is needed for comboing. and no offense but I can tell how noob you are because you labeled the Z button as "Drop Item" Instead of "Grab." It just tells what you primarily use that button for :P

Exxelerator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Exxelerator

So Am I, but as I said before In professional levels of play the c-stick is needed for comboing. and no offense but I can tell how noob you are because you labeled the Z button as "Drop Item" Instead of "Grab." It just tells what you primarily use that button for :P

BET8390

grab/drop, the same thing, what the buttons do it doesnt matter. im just saying that a mote/nunchuk has all the buttons it needs.

mjgballin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mjgballin
Member since 2007 • 484 Posts

Im tired of all these threads concerning smash controllers. What i am trying to say here is that no matter what the controllers are they are going to stay the same! Brawl is a sequel with a set of predefine controllers so at the most extreme cases maybe we will get and extra button and thats it. Also i want to say that if Nintendo uses the wiimote/nunchuk combination there are not going to be any problems as they easily have all the buttons of a gc controllers plus some more. Stick in your heads that brawl is not gonna use motion sensitive in the core gameplay, maybe in minigames and things like that but not in fights. To prove that controllers will stay the same here is a pic with a comparison of both controllers. Keep in mind this set of controls is jsut to show that the mote/nunchuck has all the buttons it needs. Maybe the Z and C buttons are reversed or the - and + are used also but it doesnt matter. CONTROL WILL STAY THE SAME!

Exxelerator

By far the best config. i have seen. 

Avatar image for thegame27_basic
thegame27_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 thegame27_basic
Member since 2002 • 1980 Posts
I am just getting tired of all the Smash threads in general.  They are all the same thing and they clutter the boards.
Demon-Draco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Demon-Draco
Member since 2003 • 760 Posts
I could imagine playing with that set up. But the lack of C stick is worrisome. Has anyone suggested the Classic Controller?
Exxelerator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Exxelerator
Is the c stick really needed? I did all my smashes with the analog+A and i could play just fine. Also im no noob, i consider myself above the average gamer but no pro at all (i can wavedash and edgehog, u know the basic stuff) Plus i remember reading an article about smash and there is like some sort of debate saying the c-stick is for noobs or something like that. Its true that the c-stick allows u to do move that are impossible without it but they are not so imporant as L cancelling and other stuff. In my opinion is not necessary.
waza000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 waza000
Member since 2005 • 1906 Posts

"Sick and tired of all these SSBB controllers threads!"

SO SHUT UP WITH IT !!!

jfrancis04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jfrancis04
Member since 2006 • 531 Posts

Is the c stick really needed? I did all my smashes with the analog+A and i could play just fine. Also im no noob, i consider myself above the average gamer but no pro at all (i can wavedash and edgehog, u know the basic stuff) Plus i remember reading an article about smash and there is like some sort of debate saying the c-stick is for noobs or something like that. Plus u cant even charge smashes with the c-stick. In my opinion is not necessary.Exxelerator

Actually, all of the "pros" use the C-stick.  Pretty much any SSBM tournament allows the C-stick; it's actually considered the standard.  I used to think the same thing you did.  The C-stick is actually more useful for combos as well.

Pantallica183

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Pantallica183
Member since 2007 • 86 Posts

I could imagine playing with that set up. But the lack of C stick is worrisome. Has anyone suggested the Classic Controller?Demon-Draco

yes it has been mentioned, and it has also been suggested that it could possibly have 8 players (4 classic, 4 gcn controllers) 

Exxelerator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Exxelerator

[QUOTE="Exxelerator"]Is the c stick really needed? I did all my smashes with the analog+A and i could play just fine. Also im no noob, i consider myself above the average gamer but no pro at all (i can wavedash and edgehog, u know the basic stuff) Plus i remember reading an article about smash and there is like some sort of debate saying the c-stick is for noobs or something like that. Plus u cant even charge smashes with the c-stick. In my opinion is not necessary.jfrancis04

Actually, all of the "pros" use the C-stick. Pretty much any SSBM tournament allows the C-stick; it's actually considered the standard. I used to think the same thing you did. The C-stick is actually more useful for combos as well.

U are 100% right about that. I guess either Nintendo stick with cg controller or stick with the classic controllers. If they dont then those c-stick guys are screwed and need to work on a whole new controller scheme.  

Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts

[QUOTE="Demon-Draco"]I could imagine playing with that set up. But the lack of C stick is worrisome. Has anyone suggested the Classic Controller?Pantallica183

yes it has been mentioned, and it has also been suggested that it could possibly have 8 players (4 classic, 4 gcn controllers) 

Planned for 2007 Release MSRP: TBD Genre: Action Players: 1-4

Source:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/index.html

chaos12391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 chaos12391
Member since 2006 • 180 Posts
Who cares about the controler scheme. the won't come ot till christams time any way so why are talking about it now. Why are people talking about this 6 motnhs before the game is probally coming out. you guys clog up the forums when you have a whole page that you can argue on.    
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11938 Posts
It seems a little hypocritical that you are posting an SSBB thread saying that you don't like them.  Just don't bring them up or look at them.
Wintry_Flutist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Wintry_Flutist
Member since 2005 • 14834 Posts

Who cares about the controler scheme. the won't come ot till christams time any way so why are talking about it now. Why are people talking about this 6 motnhs before the game is probally coming out. you guys clog up the forums when you have a whole page that you can argue on.    chaos12391

Someone's mad about other people interest in Brawl. :?

Darkquestio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Darkquestio
Member since 2005 • 35 Posts

So i've been thinking what if the game uses the gc contol scheme and the game also came with a gc controller.sort of like Wii-play came with a Wiimote

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

I'm really tired of thoses tyhreads yet but I totally agree with threst. Great post.

Great control configuration btw. I suggest to add the minus button for taunt and button 1 for supersmash attacks.

omgadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 omgadam
Member since 2006 • 432 Posts
c-stick for me is solely used to downsmash with Samus as to not fast fall
BET8390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BET8390
Member since 2006 • 4193 Posts
[QUOTE="BET8390"]

Exxelerator

grab/drop, the same thing, what the buttons do it doesnt matter. im just saying that a mote/nunchuk has all the buttons it needs.

True. I can't get how dumb these people are, Nintendo Will not FORCE you to buy a GC or CC they will simply make the Wiimote and numchuku scheme as akward and suckish So that out of "free will" you'll buy a GC or CC :P J/K
hazbazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 hazbazz
Member since 2005 • 7709 Posts
By creating this thread you're really only contributing to the problem
big_mak123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 big_mak123
Member since 2006 • 268 Posts
You say your tired of all these ssbb controller threads yet you make one isn't that like going against what you said
Avatar image for couchpotatoe387
couchpotatoe387

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 couchpotatoe387
Member since 2006 • 130 Posts

BET8390

Maybe he just uses shield and A to grab. :P