Should we be able to win wii points?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mr_Apple_Soup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Mr_Apple_Soup
Member since 2006 • 3580 Posts
I think that there should be ways to earn wii points in games (kinda like acheivment points).  Since it supposed to be bought, they dont have to make it easy.  Things like beat a game 100% and you get 200 Wii points.  Things like that would work because firstly it isnt easy, secondly its not a huge amount and thirdly its like nintendo is giving back to you.  Plus i need some wii points.
greenneil4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 greenneil4
Member since 2005 • 2041 Posts
Yeah that is a cool idea I agree with you
TreyoftheDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 TreyoftheDead
Member since 2007 • 7982 Posts
I agree. There should be some other way of earning Wii Points and yes, it should be difficult. However, I doubt Nintendo will create alternative ways to get them. They are really making a killing with them. When you buy a Wii Points card at a store you pay 20 bucks per card and when you purchase points off of the Wii Shop Channel you at least have to spend $10.

I just don't see Nintendo giving points out without getting money in return.
katamari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 katamari
Member since 2004 • 1317 Posts
Now that is an awesome idea!!:D Nintendo are you reading this?!
BeErBOnG29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 BeErBOnG29
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts
Yeah it's a great idea in the consumer's mind, but not very profitable for Nintendo. So basically, it will never happen.
Loco4siempre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Loco4siempre
Member since 2005 • 78 Posts
Yeah it's a great idea in the consumer's mind, but not very profitable for Nintendo. So basically, it will never happen.BeErBOnG29
I think that there should be ways to earn wii points in games (kinda like acheivment points). Since it supposed to be bought, they dont have to make it easy. Things like beat a game 100% and you get 200 Wii points. Things like that would work because firstly it isnt easy, secondly its not a huge amount and thirdly its like nintendo is giving back to you. Plus i need some wii points.Mr_Apple_Soup
That idea is uber cool!
alpax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 alpax
Member since 2006 • 696 Posts
I was hoping that the Wii Shop Channel will give you a benefit of getting $50 worth of points (like 5500 for $50), but its just strictly there for people that do not want to go through the hassle of punching in their billing info all the time.

hecklemonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hecklemonkey
Member since 2007 • 279 Posts
I would like to see them start bundling codes with retail games that allow you to download specific VC games. Like, wouldn't it be cool if you could go buy or pre-order MP3 and get a free code to download Super Metroid? When it's released, of course.
GumbieuK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 GumbieuK
Member since 2005 • 581 Posts
Nice idea, i agree 100%.
Avatar image for AdvancedFighter
AdvancedFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AdvancedFighter
Member since 2007 • 111 Posts

YES  that would be awsome like you type in the game code that you bought and you get x amount of points on the certain game that would be awsome

old_school24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 old_school24
Member since 2005 • 578 Posts
we should but its not gonna happen
DS_Lightning21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DS_Lightning21
Member since 2007 • 741 Posts

Yeah.  I think Nintendo should release a Quiz Channel that consists of endless multiple choice questions (4 choices), and each correct answer earns you 1 Wii Point.  After seeing the Everybody Votes Channel, I just thought it would be a great idea.  Fun for the whole family too!

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts
No.
They're already mkaing you pay to play the games, how smart is it to give back some of that money?

This is why Nintendo is still in business, they don't do things like this.
bgres077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#14 bgres077
Member since 2005 • 12694 Posts
I don't see it happening.
azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 azzezino
Member since 2002 • 4570 Posts
Those are all GREAT ideas. You guys should have schools, boats & streets named after you!!!!!!
wii_rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 wii_rule
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
yeah, but knowing the nintendo company they would make he game cost more, and then it would be work just to get wii points and by that time it would have been easier too have just buy them
big_mak123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 big_mak123
Member since 2006 • 268 Posts
haha ur sig is funny i guess ur not a person who can count huh
nosedive51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nosedive51
Member since 2005 • 1142 Posts
How cheap and lazy are people? Now they want rewarded for playing video games? Come on!
Warfust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#19 Warfust
Member since 2005 • 3046 Posts
I would like to see them start bundling codes with retail games that allow you to download specific VC games. Like, wouldn't it be cool if you could go buy or pre-order MP3 and get a free code to download Super Metroid? When it's released, of course.hecklemonkey
Now THAT would rock!!
AdvancedFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AdvancedFighter
1 wii point seems kinda low cause most of the shop channel stuff is 500 and over (dur da Dur)

Yeah.  I think Nintendo should release a Quiz Channel that consists of endless multiple choice questions (4 choices), and each correct answer earns you 1 Wii Point.  After seeing the Everybody Votes Channel, I just thought it would be a great idea.  Fun for the whole family too!

DS_Lightning21
DS_Lightning21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DS_Lightning21

[QUOTE="AdvancedFighter"]1 wii point seems kinda low cause most of the shop channel stuff is 500 and over (dur da Dur)

DS_Lightning21

Well, Nintendo isn't just going to spoon-feed us free VC games.  We would have to work for it.  1 Point per correct answer is very reasonable, especially if the transition between each question is quick.  You'll be surprised how many points you would be able to win in a day, especially if you have it set up during a party.  We'll be spending more time on the quizzes than we would on a party-game of Monopoly (and completely forget that we would be winning Wii Points on the way).

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
Definitely.
lacrocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lacrocol
Member since 2004 • 88 Posts
achievment points were one of the stupidest and best things to come to gaming in a long time.  i wish i could get them on my wii too.
blender715

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 blender715
Member since 2006 • 59 Posts

Yeah, I think achievement points are a good idea, and I dont see why Nintendo hasn't picked that up.

These are all great ideas, but my favorite is if you order a game or something (say MP3) and get a free Virtual Console game with it (say Super Metroid). That's like even more incentive to buy the game. That would be very cool.

thelamborn60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 thelamborn60
Member since 2005 • 787 Posts

Yeah, I think achievement points are a good idea, and I dont see why Nintendo hasn't picked that up.

These are all great ideas, but my favorite is if you order a game or something (say MP3) and get a free Virtual Console game with it (say Super Metroid). That's like even more incentive to buy the game. That would be very cool.

blender715
That idea seems like something nintendo might due, but winning wii points will never happen sadly.
blender715

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 blender715
Member since 2006 • 59 Posts
We can only hope for free Virtual Console games inside real games.
Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts
i agree
soulsdeparting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 soulsdeparting
Member since 2006 • 1537 Posts
and after they give away the wii points, they can just give us free wii games too! no lets not stop there and let nintendo give us free consoles as well! its genius! and it wont cost nintendo any money at all!
WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts
and after they give away the wii points, they can just give us free wii games too! no lets not stop there and let nintendo give us free consoles as well! its genius! and it wont cost nintendo any money at all!soulsdeparting

..... That will not happen even if they were doin bad lol. The way they are gettin a lot of good sales on games and VC games, they will not stop the hustle and have u pay up, so I think this won't happen RIGHt now, but maybe in the future something like this might come true.

lightningbugx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lightningbugx
Member since 2005 • 627 Posts
My though on this subject is that you should get Wii Points for registering the purchase of a new Wii game.  You spent $50 for a game, why not get 100 Wii points?
Gamez_Hunter99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#31 Gamez_Hunter99
Member since 2007 • 595 Posts
I think that there should be ways to earn wii points in games (kinda like acheivment points).  Since it supposed to be bought, they dont have to make it easy.  Things like beat a game 100% and you get 200 Wii points.  Things like that would work because firstly it isnt easy, secondly its not a huge amount and thirdly its like nintendo is giving back to you.  Plus i need some wii points.Mr_Apple_Soup

It would be a good idea. It will give you reasons to complete games. 
magrappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 magrappy
Member since 2003 • 1835 Posts
No, weak idea, i hate being rewarded for playing a game longer then its fun for me.
coltonnaslund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33 coltonnaslund
Member since 2005 • 3793 Posts
I think you should get 100 points every prediction you get right on the Everybody votes channel
kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kidrock17xp
Member since 2004 • 2966 Posts
I think you should get 100 points every prediction you get right on the Everybody votes channelcoltonnaslund
that would be kinda silly, i've gotten every prediction right, so far it's all been basic common sense.
kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 kidrock17xp
my buddy suggested this to me once and I thought it was a good idea. Say you buy MP3, in there you'd get a code or whatever to download like another metroid game that was on the VC or something like that, or like when you buy super paper mario, you'd get a discount on getting the original paper mario for 64.
DEWMAN08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36 DEWMAN08
Member since 2006 • 2145 Posts

Microsoft already did that, too bad people had to pay for online though. I think that the Wii will have good online multiplayer soon, and users wont have to pay. I would rather not pay for online than win stupid prizes.

kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kidrock17xp

I would rather not pay for online than win stupid prizes.

DEWMAN08
agreed
AdvancedFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AdvancedFighter
[QUOTE="DS_Lightning21"]

[QUOTE="AdvancedFighter"]1 wii point seems kinda low cause most of the shop channel stuff is 500 and over (dur da Dur)

DS_Lightning21

Well, Nintendo isn't just going to spoon-feed us free VC games.  We would have to work for it.  1 Point per correct answer is very reasonable, especially if the transition between each question is quick.  You'll be surprised how many points you would be able to win in a day, especially if you have it set up during a party.  We'll be spending more time on the quizzes than we would on a party-game of Monopoly (and completely forget that we would be winning Wii Points on the way).

hey buddy im not gonna sit on my butt all day answering childish questions..... think of it in my point of view (well at least we could get 10 points per quest ;-]) or wii can have a achivement thing for each game like 360....
DS_Lightning21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DS_Lightning21
[QUOTE="DS_Lightning21"][QUOTE="DS_Lightning21"]

AdvancedFighter

hey buddy im not gonna sit on my butt all day answering childish questions..... think of it in my point of view (well at least we could get 10 points per quest ;-]) or wii can have a achivement thing for each game like 360....

Who said the questions would be childish?  They could range throughout all sorts of general knowledge from pop culture to rocket science.  It's good for the brain.  Besides, no one would be forcing you to "sit on your butt all day".  It all depends on how badly you want to EARN those VC games, or if you just feel like testing your general knowledge.

nosedive51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 nosedive51
Member since 2005 • 1142 Posts
[QUOTE="DEWMAN08"]

I would rather not pay for online than win stupid prizes.

kidrock17xp
agreed

If you think people pay for Live for 'winning stupid prizes' your horrible wrong. Maybe you should try using something before you make comments. I'd much rather pay for a good service then get a half 'butt 'service for free.