Should The DSi have had a built in Rumble Pack?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ta11on

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 ta11on
Member since 2007 • 784 Posts

Many older games can use the rumble pack, but it really isn't much of a big deal to most people. If the addition of a built-in rumble pack didn't change ithe DSi's appearance or size would you have liked it added?

Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#2 Yoweeh
Member since 2008 • 3025 Posts

Uhh... the only DS game I'm aware that uses a rumble pack is that crappy Star Fox game from a billion years ago.

To answer your question, no.

BanjoMumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 232

#3 BanjoMumbo
Member since 2009 • 512 Posts

Uhh... the only DS game I'm aware that uses a rumble pack is that crappy Star Fox game from a billion years ago.

Yoweeh

No, portable consoles should not have the rumble pack unless that's part of the game, or it's a necessary peripheral for a specific game. Like Warioware Twisted on the Gameboy Advance.

korino55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 korino55
Member since 2008 • 587 Posts

I personally don't think rumbling does much. I don't think many companies would put it to good use, either.

I do see where you're coming from, though. Select games have the potential to be that much better with a little buzz here and there.

ACL0V3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 ACL0V3R
Member since 2008 • 2273 Posts

Yoweeh

Uhhh I believe Metroid Prime Hunters used it...

Schultz38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Schultz38
Member since 2009 • 745 Posts

[QUOTE="Yoweeh"]

ACL0V3R

Uhhh I believe Metroid Prime Hunters used it...

And Pokemon Pinball.

As for the question, I guess it would be alright. But the system would be much bulkier.

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TriniPlayer
Member since 2009 • 7722 Posts

I just need to know something really quick,does the rumble pack has anything to do with vibrating or something like that?

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

Metriod Prime: Hunters, Super Princess Peach, Magnetica, Starfox (I believe so), and Mario & Luigi Partners in Time all use it. (I still have my box for my free rumble pack when I got Metriod, and it says that on there).

Anyway, no I wouldn't want it. It would just add more weight to it, and make it bigger (If it was a built in, or add-on). Also, if you are saying you want an add-on, I definitely wouldn't pay for it (And I don't see how it could work).

mangocrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mangocrazy
Member since 2009 • 87 Posts
No, DSi should not have a rumble pack. Not only would it be adding on weight, it is just pointless. I mean all it does is vibrate.
bisonfan2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bisonfan2010
Member since 2009 • 630 Posts

If it is implemented I forsee many unnessary scratches on the touch screen from the stylus in the near future.;)

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
well, yes, since there was a rumble pak for the other DS's... but since i cant think of anything other than metroid prime pinball to include it, i'd say no. it didnt get enough support to be worth the extra price. just like buying the DS headset.
metalkitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 metalkitten
Member since 2004 • 9249 Posts
no thanks
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
Yes, it should. Hotel Dusk, Elite Beat Agents, Metroid Prime Pinball, Diddy Kong Racing all used the rumble pack.
bisonfan2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bisonfan2010
Member since 2009 • 630 Posts

Yes, it should. Hotel Dusk, Elite Beat Agents, Metroid Prime Pinball, Diddy Kong Racing all used the rumble pack.Rod90

I could see it now. one day billy got a rumble pack for the ds and was going to play Metroid Prime. Dum dee dum dee dum. "Yay, Metroid Prime!", billy exclaimed. He turns it on and as soon as he loads his save spot he is in an intense battle with a hunter! Dun dun duuuunnn. Then right as he turn to aim he gets shot (in the game) and the rumble pack rumbles while billy is turning samus and here goes billy. "oh NO!!!! stupid rumble pack! I messed up and now i scratched my screeen."

And thats the end of my story.

ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts

As for the question, I guess it would be alright. But the system would be much bulkier.

Schultz38

I'm pretty sure the micro-motor itself was the same kind they fit in cell phones.

world-ender-49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 343

#16 world-ender-49
Member since 2009 • 9302 Posts
The only games in my collection that can use it are Partners in Time, Metroid Prime Hunters and Tombraider unerworld and i have a lot of DS games so i don't think it would have been economicaly justifiable for nintendo to chnged the design to have a built in rumble pack.
ZookGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 ZookGuy
Member since 2008 • 2340 Posts
If it didn't change the system for the worse... I don't see why not.
Schultz38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Schultz38
Member since 2009 • 745 Posts

[QUOTE="Schultz38"]

ThePlothole

I'm pretty sure the micro-motor itself was the same kind they fit in cell phones.

Good point, but a cell phone vibrator is not the same as a game rumbler. I don't think the cell phone vibrate is what they want.