LucidDreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LucidDreamer
Member since 2016 • 7 Posts

I had the fat DS as a kid and played Mario kart and liked it. Since then, i've fell off the Nintendo wagon and want to get back on it. The only Nintendo systems i have right now are a DS lite and a Wii mini. I never play any of them. I barely play many video games anymore, because i am often too lazy to go to my tv, hook them up, and turn on the console, so i am now looking for a new hand held system. I was thinking of getting a New 3ds XL for my birthday next week, but im unsure on where to start with all of this. I am not necessarily a Nintendo fan, so i don't know what games i should get and stuff to help ease me back into Nintendo. I would like to become a Nintendo fan though. Their like the only video game manufacture that never ceases to surprise people. I need a break from all of this play station and Xbox stuff lol, Can anyone recommend me any good 3ds games that wouldn't require me having to play the previous games in the series in order to understand what's going on, such as zelda and what not? I would really appreciate it. It'd be nice to be able to chill out with my new 3ds xl and play a good game.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@luciddreamer: The N3DS would be the console to look at then. Since you dont game much dont forget Nintendo sells the N3DS XL used for $170. You also picked a good time cause Nintendo just released some Nintendo Selects for $19.99. As for a game to test the water, i recommend checking out Kirby Triple Deluxe from Best Buy brand new for $23.99. If you have a gamers club account with them, you get it for less then $19.99.

linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 linkyshinks
Member since 2006 • 1332 Posts

No, save your money for an NX which will have a handheld unit that will allow for compatiblity, albeit possibly without 3D (no loss gimmick).

Cheddarchet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 105

#4 Cheddarchet
Member since 2006 • 375 Posts

The New 3DS isn't a bad idea, particularly as they're planning to expand the virtual console selections for it soon (they're adding SNES games). You should have access to quite a few legacy titles you missed along with anything on the DS or 3DS. Are there any particular genres you most like to play?

TheNDefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By TheNDefender
Member since 2016 • 299 Posts

If you get a New 3DS XL, it won't come with a charger. So, I would pick up the charger first and then grab the system. As for games, I would suggest these:

Pokemon X or Y

Ocarina of Time 3D/Majora's Mask 3D (I 100% both and they are both really awesome)

Super Mario 3D Land (It's easy and short, but if you want a fun pseudo-3D Mario experience then get this)

Paper Mario Sticker Star (only get this if you have never heard of or played the previous 3 Paper Marios, I don't recommend it for Paper Mario fans, but I do for newcomers)

Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon

Kirby Triple Deluxe

Mario and Luigi Dream Team

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (you can get it for $19.99 via Nintendo Selects)

Star Fox 64 3D

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS

Those were a few games that I had that I really enjoyed on my old and new 3DS. I might get Rhythm Heaven Megamix or Metroid Prime: Federation Force whenever those come out, and I will definitely get Kirby Planet Robobot and Pokemon Sun and Moon whenever those come out. This year is probably the last big year for the 3DS, so I would get one before the year ends.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Other than collector´s value in the case of limited edition 3DSXL units I wouldn´t spend my money purchasing the "old" 3DS, I would purchase the new one, since I got mine at launch I haven´t touched my older 3DS XL, actually, it became my daughter´s handheld.