Should i buy a ds lite now or wait till E3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hiei101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Hiei101
Member since 2003 • 68 Posts

I'm really interested in buying a ds lite. I had an original fat one and fat psp, sold both got a slim psp hated it and sold it. I like the new lite ds but am not for sure if I should wait till E3 to see if a new version of the ds would be released. Is there even a whim of a new ds that will be released later in the year? I don't wanna buy one and in 9 days a new one is scheduled to be realeased. Also is there any place to find that ds lite bundle with zelda? I really like that gold color with the tri force on it. I'm looking for a ds lite thats not black, white, or pink, I'd like one that not everyone else has.

PS any good deals on ds lites, everywhere i see there 130

Thanks for any help!!!

Arctic_Fox73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Arctic_Fox73
Member since 2008 • 86 Posts

i say wait til E3.

If Nintendo mentions new hardware, wait til its out.

CoasterFanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 CoasterFanatic
Member since 2008 • 85 Posts
Wait till E3!
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

It depends how worried you're gonna be about it.

Look at it this way. Let's say that Nintendo is going to go against what everyone says and releases a new handheld (HIGHLY unlikely)

Well even if it's announced at E3 it's not going to release then, it would at earliest be a holiday release, that means you have another half year until you have a DS.

Not only that but what happens if it's not backwards compatible? Then if you want any GBA games you're still going to get the current model.

If it makes you feel better wait, I still think at the end of the day you'll get the DS that's out now.

nhlkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#5 nhlkiller
Member since 2004 • 1380 Posts
wait they probably wont announce a new handheld since the DS lite is selling so well but they might announce and update or seomthin
f15srcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 f15srcool
Member since 2005 • 2294 Posts

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

THREEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Hiei101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Hiei101
thanks for the responses. Think its called the mini but whatever the last gba was called i have that really small one so backwards compatible is not a big deal. And with the realease of the new guitar hero game and other features that use the gba slot it would seem dumb for them to get rid of it. I'm just going off what Nintendo has previously done. The orignial game boy had at least 3 designs and so did the gba, so i'm just worried that if i'd buy one now that nintendo would realease a new version (although i don't know what they could really improve on)
GSBTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GSBTS
Member since 2008 • 32 Posts
what's E3?
rustedMECH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rustedMECH
Member since 2006 • 910 Posts

what's E3?GSBTS

ha....

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
A bundle might be announced. I doubt any new hardware will show up, but you may indeed get a better deal post-E3. I'd wait it out.
JGram33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JGram33
Member since 2003 • 206 Posts
theres always a chance that a new one will be announced but theres also the chance that there might not be a new one, but if you've waited this long, wait until e3 to make sure, then buy one.
metswonin69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 metswonin69
Member since 2006 • 1083 Posts
I would be very suprised if a new handheld is not announced by Nintendo at E3. The DS has already been out for 3.5 years, by the time each the Game Boy Pocket, Color and Advance were 3.5 years old, there was already a new Nintendo handheld on the market. A redesign of the DS is possible, but there will probably a new completely unique handheld announced to realease for holday 2008. Nintendo seems to be hinting towards it considering the lack of first-party titles recently for the DS, along with the fact that there isn't nearly as much DS/Wii connectivity as was originally expected.
SiK99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#13 SiK99
Member since 2008 • 1673 Posts

I would wait. Even if there isn't a totally new model or upgrade, I think it would still be safe to expect some new colors announced. And as said above, if nothing is revealed that trips your trigger, then go out and buy one thats currently out.

Goodluck finding a Zelda bundle. Classifieds or Auction sites might be your only bet now and you'll pay a premium.

mapleleafs10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 mapleleafs10
Member since 2008 • 126 Posts

I would wait. Even if there isn't a totally new model or upgrade, I think it would still be safe to expect some new colors announced. And as said above, if nothing is revealed that trips your trigger, then go out and buy one thats currently out.

Goodluck finding a Zelda bundle. Classifieds or Auction sites might be your only bet now and you'll pay a premium.

SiK99

thats true, but in europe theres a new blood red coloured DS, and a lime green.

halfbreed11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 halfbreed11111
Member since 2007 • 578 Posts
wiat for the crono trigger ds (i know its not annouced yet but here hoping)
SiK99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SiK99
[QUOTE="SiK99"]

mapleleafs10

thats true, but in europe theres a new blood red coloured DS, and a lime green.

Thats why I expect something at E3. I'd say at least one new color(possibly two) and one recycled one(either from Europe or Japan).

GSBTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GSBTS

[QUOTE="GSBTS"]what's E3?rustedMECH

ha....

thanks alot... but i really don't know what it is

GSBTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GSBTS
never mind
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#19 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

But nothing's going to be released at E3. They just tell you that something is comming up and then there's more waiting until it finally comes out. So if something is announced, you still have several months to wait.

I would just go for it now

tekky14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tekky14
Member since 2007 • 212 Posts

wait till E3, its only9 more days, and then we can be sure.

I was planning to buy a fat ds and swap out the brighter screens and the the bad screen lite to my sister, because I can play GBA games on it without it looking stupid, and its also built like a tank, and goodbye to hinge issues.

anyway, its much safer to wait until E3.

anasazi23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 anasazi23
Member since 2003 • 37 Posts

You only live once that we know of. Buy a DS, enjoy it.

If a new one comes out, trade in the old one and some games to take the sting out of it.

There's always something new on the horizon.

Vickyteusz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 Vickyteusz
Member since 2008 • 60 Posts

Although DS lites are cuter and brighter and what ever else, I'd wait. I have had my bulky DS a lot longer than my brother has had his DS lite and alreayd his sound is broken. Switch it on silent and it plays full blast!

Whereas my DS has had cups of coffee poured on it, stood on, dropped and not once has broken. Only I have messed up the calibration x(

SoraX64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#23 SoraX64
Member since 2008 • 29221 Posts

I don't think Nintendo will unveil a new DS model at E3. And even if they did, it would not come out for a while, and it would be something small like shrinking it, enhancing battery life, making it brighter...etc...

If I were you, I would buy a DS Lite now so you don't miss out on all of the DS games that are out or are coming out (FF4 on my Birthday!). Don't get your hopes up for a new DS, just a remake...reasons below

1. Nintendo would not benefit from a new handheld. Why? Because it would have to be backwards compatable to work with DS games, meaning it would need two screens. That already makes it a DS Lite...DS stands for Dual Screens...so..

2. The DS Lite has been selling good, so Nintendo will most likely just continue to make games for it.

3. Nintendo is probably focusing on the main problem they have at the moment: the Wii's need for a hard drive. This is really important with Wii Ware recently being released. They already have enough on their hands trying to make enough Wiis while they solve this problem.

Please don't yell at me for my opinions...

But I think these are all legit reasons to buy a DS now, and even if you wait for E3 and they reveal a new DS Lite, you shouldn't wait just for a slight upgrade. (any smaller and it might become too fragile)

oh and I have a question...what is the minimum age to have a Gamespot Account? My 13 year old Cousin wants to join.

Thanks, and have fun with your DS!

Hiei101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Hiei101
again thanks for all the responses. i already had a bulky ds and sold it because i didn't like it, my little sister has a pink ds lite and i like it MUCH more. It makes sense that they wouldn't make an entirely new handheld just make a new version ds super lite lol or whatever it would be called. I'm going to town tomorrow to see what colors they have in stock at wal mart and gamestop. I might wait till e3 but i really want my own now! From the looks of it i'll either be getting a black or white one as i don't like the ones with 2 colors, unless the lime green one or a new color can be found around here but i doubt it. What other colors are really available besides white black pink and the 2 colored ones?
floppydiscs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 floppydiscs
Member since 2008 • 204 Posts

I don't think Nintendo will unveil a new DS model at E3. And even if they did, it would not come out for a while, and it would be something small like shrinking it, enhancing battery life, making it brighter...etc...

If I were you, I would buy a DS Lite now so you don't miss out on all of the DS games that are out or are coming out (FF4 on my Birthday!). Don't get your hopes up for a new DS, just a remake...reasons below

1. Nintendo would not benefit from a new handheld. Why? Because it would have to be backwards compatable to work with DS games, meaning it would need two screens. That already makes it a DS Lite...DS stands for Dual Screens...so..

2. The DS Lite has been selling good, so Nintendo will most likely just continue to make games for it.

3. Nintendo is probably focusing on the main problem they have at the moment: the Wii's need for a hard drive. This is really important with Wii Ware recently being released. They already have enough on their hands trying to make enough Wiis while they solve this problem.

Please don't yell at me for my opinions...

But I think these are all legit reasons to buy a DS now, and even if you wait for E3 and they reveal a new DS Lite, you shouldn't wait just for a slight upgrade. (any smaller and it might become too fragile)

oh and I have a question...what is the minimum age to have a Gamespot Account? My 13 year old Cousin wants to join.

Thanks, and have fun with your DS!

SoraX64

http://dssecret.ytmnd.com/

Look at #2 in the quote...Its true!

floppydiscs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 floppydiscs
Member since 2008 • 204 Posts

again thanks for all the responses. i already had a bulky ds and sold it because i didn't like it, my little sister has a pink ds lite and i like it MUCH more. It makes sense that they wouldn't make an entirely new handheld just make a new version ds super lite lol or whatever it would be called. I'm going to town tomorrow to see what colors they have in stock at wal mart and gamestop. I might wait till e3 but i really want my own now! From the looks of it i'll either be getting a black or white one as i don't like the ones with 2 colors, unless the lime green one or a new color can be found around here but i doubt it. What other colors are really available besides white black pink and the 2 colored ones?Hiei101

Um..Imported ones come in colors like sky blue, lime green, all red, silver & yellow pikachu.

joshstyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 joshstyle
Member since 2008 • 125 Posts
wait till E3 cause there arnt many nice games now
Duke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Duke
Member since 2002 • 39 Posts

I have heard through the grapevine that Nintendo is going to revamp the DS Lite by making it slimmer (taking out the old Gameboy Advance slot) and including inboard internal memory. Nothing major but definately an improvement. I could have sworn I read that on Gamespot a while back but don't quote me on that. :D

SiK99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SiK99

again thanks for all the responses. i already had a bulky ds and sold it because i didn't like it, my little sister has a pink ds lite and i like it MUCH more. It makes sense that they wouldn't make an entirely new handheld just make a new version ds super lite lol or whatever it would be called. I'm going to town tomorrow to see what colors they have in stock at wal mart and gamestop. I might wait till e3 but i really want my own now! From the looks of it i'll either be getting a black or white one as i don't like the ones with 2 colors, unless the lime green one or a new color can be found around here but i doubt it. What other colors are really available besides white black pink and the 2 colored ones?Hiei101

U.S. colors are Onyx, Polar White, Cobalt/Onyx, Crimson/Onyx, Metallic Rose, Coral Pink(not sure if its still on shelves), Then there are a couple limited editions like the Guitar Hero bundle, Zelda Phantom Hourglass bundle, and a Seatle Mariners DS. I still think the U.S. is getting a new color or two at E3 but if you like one of the current ones, then might as well splurge now. :P

Jdog30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jdog30
Member since 2008 • 4509 Posts
just buy a ds now, you don't want to have to wait posibbly a year if they do announce a new ds.
joeychew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 joeychew
Member since 2003 • 4580 Posts
better just wait since E3 is only 8 days away.
Burning-Sludge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Burning-Sludge
Member since 2008 • 4068 Posts

wait till E3 cause there arnt many nice games nowjoshstyle

This isn't the PSP forum. There are plenty of great games on the DS right now, and many of them go out of print. Since nothing actually gets released at E3 and Nintendo wouldn't release a completely new handheld console in only three years, I think it is a pretty safe bet to buy a DS lite NOW!!!

canderson85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 canderson85
Member since 2005 • 70 Posts
unless you REAALLLLLY want a lite, may as well wait, then again, ds has enough good titles already you wont be disapointed either way, unless they announce a price drop, that could be a bit annoying
PK-er1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PK-er1111
Member since 2005 • 609 Posts
I HIGHLY doubt that Nintendo plans to release a new DS. I'd buy now. Plus, if they do, and you're the only one with a DS Lite, then you'll have something that not everyone else has.
Nshadow23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 Nshadow23
Member since 2008 • 416 Posts
Wait till E3
Ultima_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ultima_5
Member since 2008 • 1614 Posts
I would wait til E3, nintendo will announce a new updated DS.... (ppl who say they wont dont know how much nintendo likes to milk its customers)
Bibiqum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Bibiqum
Member since 2006 • 162 Posts

I would wait til E3, nintendo will announce a new updated DS.... (ppl who say they wont dont know how much nintendo likes to milk its customers)Ultima_5

Erm, If nintendo milks their customers on the ds, they wont announce a new updated ds on E3, the ds lite stills sells to well and why hinder it by comming out with a new version. Better wait until the sales drops then announce a new one.

GamerJM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GamerJM
Member since 2007 • 1218 Posts
Get one now.
Arclight_Blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Arclight_Blue
Member since 2008 • 2830 Posts

what's E3?GSBTS

Electronic arts Expo Extravaganza!!!

as for the TC wait till E3

Junior_AIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 132

User Lists: 1

#40 Junior_AIN
Member since 2007 • 4703 Posts
The E3 is so close, that it's better wait.
Hiei101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Hiei101
well looks like i'll just wait till e3 then or after. i decided to just put dual exhaust on my pickup, so i'll be getting a ds in a couple weeks then when i get my next paycheck. Thanks for all the responses everyone.
Gaming4_Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Gaming4_Life
Member since 2007 • 775 Posts
I just got mine today!! :D Look at it this way. Even if ninty unloads a new one the earliest you'll get it is x-mas 08. Why not get a ds now? I don't even see why they would do that either look how well the ds is doing. The only reason they brought the dsl was because of a design flaw.
Proke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Proke
Member since 2008 • 94 Posts
My heart would break if they introduced the colours that haven't been implemented into North America...All red.. or Ice blue !!
Hiei101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Hiei101
well nintendo really disappointed me. Not even any new colors announced and not that many games. Still i went out and bought a white ds lite today with tactics a2. I figured there would be some great games coming out (chrono is the one that sticks out in my mind the most and GTA) but i still have an entire library of games i have yet to play. Hope they announce some new titles soon though.
SiK99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SiK99

well nintendo really disappointed me. Not even any new colors announced and not that many games. Still i went out and bought a white ds lite today with tactics a2. I figured there would be some great games coming out (chrono is the one that sticks out in my mind the most and GTA) but i still have an entire library of games i have yet to play. Hope they announce some new titles soon though.Hiei101

Well, you coulda always waited till E3 2009 :P