Shin Megami Tensei 4: anybody excited?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts
I had no idea before I bought Soul Hackers that it was going to be a remake of an older game, a much older game, but hey I'm loving it, except the part where I got stuck on Snappy (that evil ****!)... anyhow, this game has me totally pumped for Shin Megami Tensei 4, a modern SMT game made for just the 3DS, coming out in just a couple months. Anyhow, trailer if you haven't seen it already, CLICK HERE. The art and game design looks great. I've read it's supposed to be over 50 hours long. I've read the game will be over 50 hours long. The choices gamers make in the game will have consequences in both the character and the game's world. It will feature fully voice dialog. Fusing demons is said to be made much simpler. It comes out in Japan later this may, hope to hear good things about it then. Anybody else excited for this? Or heard any good news about what to expect from it?
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I've been excited for SMT4 the moment it was announced that the 3DS would have a new SMT game. SMT is my favorite franchise, so I'm naturally stoked for it. The limited edition is going to be nice.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

more excited about SMT4 than NSLU :p

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

Super excited. This game will be better than anything ever put on the Vita.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 yokofox33

Zen_Light

Persona 4 is probably my favorite game ever, but I'm hoping SMT4 is even better than that. It's gonna be awesome regardless.

Avatar image for TheBlackKnight3
TheBlackKnight3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 TheBlackKnight3
Member since 2008 • 1586 Posts

Yep. My favorite series, probably tied with Fire Emblem. Can't wait, good thing Soul Hackers is here to tide my anticipation.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
I've had it preordered since the announcement.
moltenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 moltenix
Member since 2008 • 2487 Posts

I've never played a SMT game before. Would someone care to enlighten me? Is it similar to any other series'?

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
So far this year it is my most anticipated game out of every single platform. Handheld and console. Good thing we won't have to wait so long for it either!
Sim_genius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 Sim_genius
Member since 2005 • 9562 Posts

I've never played a SMT game before. Would someone care to enlighten me? Is it similar to any other series'?

moltenix

SMTIV is the continuation of the core SMT games where you are a survivor in a post-apocalyptic world :o.

I am excited for the game ever since it was annouced like some users have said. I preordered it from Amazon as GameStop doesn't ship where I live and apparently you get this DLC outfit when you preorder from Amazon:

smtivdlcamazonfront.jpg

I am also impressed with all the other tidbits we get: a strategy & design book, a Music Collection CD, and Slipcase. So yeah thanks Atlus :o :P

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

Yes, but on the other hand I might get burned out on SMT by then. I just finished Persona 4, now I'm finishing Strange Journey, and I haven't even started Soul Hackers.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

[QUOTE="moltenix"]

Sim_genius

SMTIV is the continuation of the core SMT games where you are a survivor in a post-apocalyptic world :o.

I am excited for the game ever since it was annouced like some users have said. I preordered it from Amazon as GameStop doesn't ship where I live and apparently you get this DLC outfit when you preorder from Amazon:

smtivdlcamazonfront.jpg

I am also impressed with all the other tidbits we get: a strategy & design book, a Music Collection CD, and Slipcase. So yeah thanks Atlus :o :P

That's better looking DLC than the outfit GameStop gives you, but I'm eyeing their limited edition which is a first since I never do... http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/shin-megami-tensei-iv-limited-edition-box-set/108909 ...strangely they don't have a listing for a $40 version which is weird, I wonder if the price is a mistake, Persona 3 when I got it wasn't a limited edition in just came with an art book and soundtrack, and Persona 4 came with a soundtrack, and Soul Hackers came with a soundtrack with the pre-order copies, that was $40 though, this is $50 and if this is the only version they're selling for pre-order I wonder if it should be $40 instead, as an incentive for pre-ordering, I won't like it if Atlus goes down this road of pricey limited editions, perks should be used as incentives for early adopters ugh, maybe it's not a mistake, amazon lists it as $50 too, oh well I guess if there's any game I'd do this for it'd be this one
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 yokofox33

The first run of SMT4 will be the limited edition, hence the 50 dollar price point. The limited edition is the same everywhere, but obviously the DLC is different. I'm sure once the limited editions are done the game alone will cost 40 bucks.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
I'm excited. Hope it's not teeth grindingly difficult.
Moloch121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Moloch121
Member since 2008 • 677 Posts

[QUOTE="Zen_Light"]

yokofox33

Persona 4 is probably my favorite game ever, but I'm hoping SMT4 is even better than that. It's gonna be awesome regardless.

The main Shin Megami Tensei games are a lot darker and more mature. Fantastic rpgs I'm getting both the digital and physical copy for the bonuses.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Legolas_Katarn
[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

[QUOTE="Zen_Light"]

Moloch121

The main Shin Megami Tensei games are a lot darker and more mature. Fantastic rpgs I'm getting both the digital and physical copy for the bonuses.

Persona has gotten less dark. Persona 3 was darker than 4 and 2 was darker than 3.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Zen_Light

All this.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Legolas_Katarn

[QUOTE="Zen_Light"]

Bigboi500

All this.

....Because nothing is worse then when great games come out
scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#19 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

The only SMT game I've played is Persona 4, which I loved. I'm pretty hyped.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
Yeah Nocturne was a fantastic game. Kinda bummed that it will lose its original Japanese dub(main girl was voiced by an actress I like), I can get by.
Moloch121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Moloch121
Member since 2008 • 677 Posts
[QUOTE="Moloch121"][QUOTE="yokofox33"]

Legolas_Katarn

Persona has gotten less dark. Persona 3 was darker than 4 and 2 was darker than 3.

Well I was referring to Megaten main series as being darker and mature.
Avatar image for deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
deactivated-5afcc99c5544f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
Member since 2012 • 1917 Posts

You get the huge box, 200 page strategy guide/ art book, soundtrack, and the highly anticipated game for $50, which is a steal.

In the meantime, check out this games:

lHwFf.jpg

Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan

Fire Emblem Awakening US Boxart

Code of Princess

NA-OverclockedCover