Serious Mario Kart Wii online warning! Please keep this alive!

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

davros878

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 0

#1 davros878
Member since 2008 • 134 Posts

This is an urgent message coming from my gaming online profile Jomg. There is a suspected cheater on Mario Kart wii that you must stay clear of if you value your ranking. Here are the clues. The Mii Daisy-Chan has a 9000+ ranking with a crown and three stars. Normally, when your high ranking, you get pretty lame items, especially when your losing. But Daisy-Chan, even when she was winning big-time, got an inhuman amount of stars. When ever she finishes one star she immeadietly activates another. I don't know how she is doing it, but you must not fight against her, even fighting with her is a risk! Stand up against cheating!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#2 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Uh thanks?...Though I doubt very much I'll ever see this person.
blankshore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#3 blankshore
Member since 2008 • 1809 Posts

Thanks I hate cheaters. Don't they usually kick you off after a bit, though? One time I was losing really bad so I just started going the wrong way on the course (intentionally) to screw them up. Got kicked off after like 20 secs.

shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 shoryuken_
Member since 2009 • 3420 Posts

i saw this guy hacking in brawl..the match started with me and 3 other warios, all three had their final smash on (super wario) for the entire match

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#5 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

That is so lame. What is the point in playing a game where you put no effort into winning?

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts

That is so lame. What is the point in playing a game where you put no effort into winning?

Pierst179
Unfortunately some poeple have fun by ruining the fun for everyone else, its the biggest problem with online gaming(among the many) and there is probably no end in sight.
AjaxNeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

#7 AjaxNeron
Member since 2009 • 2318 Posts

Great, Mario Kart hackers now. :(

Avatar image for RatchetJunkie20
RatchetJunkie20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RatchetJunkie20
Member since 2007 • 966 Posts

AjaxNeron

There's always been hackers in Mario Kart Wii.

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#9 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts

[QUOTE="AjaxNeron"]

RatchetJunkie20

Not when I used to play :( What happened to Mario Kart online?!
greenarcher02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 greenarcher02
Member since 2009 • 988 Posts

i never knew consoles have cheats (only cheat i know is not having a legitimate copy).... it's the reason i got tired of korean MMORPG's and moved to console gaming... but anyway, i don't go online that much so i doubt i'll see that person...... but thanks anyway....

gronk-bonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 gronk-bonk
Member since 2008 • 1951 Posts

it happens alot when i play mario kart, but u have to cope. i managed to keep my rating in the 9800-9900 range.

AjaxNeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

#12 AjaxNeron
Member since 2009 • 2318 Posts

[QUOTE="RatchetJunkie20"]

[QUOTE="AjaxNeron"]

Kenny789

Yeah, when I went online there were no hackers.

Arkk_Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Arkk_Angel
Member since 2003 • 787 Posts
Hackers suck, but I consider them a hazard and try to race faster and better!
kieran-o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 kieran-o
Member since 2009 • 48 Posts

Whenever i'm on there aren't any hackers. I always seem to do pretty well.

Avatar image for RatchetJunkie20
RatchetJunkie20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RatchetJunkie20
Member since 2007 • 966 Posts

Eh, I get the hackers occaisionally. It sucks when I do get them. I think "can't you at least try to win legitimately?!"

CoralMark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CoralMark
Member since 2008 • 481 Posts

[QUOTE="AjaxNeron"]

RatchetJunkie20

My experience as well. Thing is ... there's so many people playing at any time that the likelihood of seeing one is quite low IME.

And, they do seem to be kicked off from time to time.

Also ... all you need to do is after the race, quit. Then log back to online racing and it's extremely unlikely you'll run into them ever again.

-

Yes, it does suck that they exist ... but as you only have to finish that single race before you leave that group - how big a problem is it really? Also, coming in second [to someone with 9000+ points] is only going to take your points down a little. It's not like you have to play hours with the same group ...

donaldo1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 donaldo1989
Member since 2005 • 6489 Posts
only experienced hackers twice and I've had mario kart wii since launch so its not too big a problem like some nintendo games. cough metroid hunters. the cheaters I faced were in bullet bill form all the way though. Like the poster said above, just quit. But I will never understand cheaters, where is the fun. They might as well just switch their console off and press L every 15 seconds
neji122793

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 neji122793
Member since 2007 • 831 Posts

cheaters made me stop playing MK online.

One time my group had 5 hackers :( lost many point's that round.

1-Up_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 1-Up_Gamer
Member since 2009 • 483 Posts

I faced against someone like that a while ago on N64 Bowser's Castle.

It was a Disco Mii, and all he would do was hang around the track and use stars over and over again to torment everyone in the race, including me. You would know he was going after you when you heard the Mii's devious laughter, then you would be sent barreling over. But even after getting hit by him several times, I think I still got through the race better than he did. However, the game showed that he won first place. :evil:

Other weird moments were when some people would fall off the ledge and reappear farther out on the track than usual, but I guess that's more of a glitch. And another time was just last night when I saw the image of someone's Donkey Kong for a spilt second after he fell over.

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

Other weird moments were when some people would fall off the ledge and reappear farther out on the track than usual, but I guess that's more of a glitch. And another time was just last night when I saw the image of someone's Donkey Kong for a spilt second after he fell over.

1-Up_Gamer

That's lag.

teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 teknic1200
Member since 2007 • 3191 Posts
[QUOTE="RatchetJunkie20"]

[QUOTE="AjaxNeron"]

Kenny789

the hackers hit mario kart in August last year. by october the game was full of them and you'd see them every few races. it made me stop playing the game. TC, having 9999 does not effect the items you get. items are given out based on your position in the race. that said infinite stars is indeed a hack.
TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts

Pierst179
I agree, whats the point of hacking into a game? To always win the race, what does that really gain you?
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#23 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

I hate hackers that do that and should be banned from playing it online because its wrong.

teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 teknic1200
[QUOTE="Pierst179"]

TheColbert
I agree, whats the point of hacking into a game? To always win the race, what does that really gain you?

they do it to make other people angry. "i hack for lolz" sad isn't it. finding joy in making others miserable..
boardn720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 boardn720
Member since 2008 • 5310 Posts

If this is the first time you have experienced this you must not be playing online very much! I stopped playing MKWii online about 5-6 months ago just because of this very reason. Since then I've seen several threads on this issue. It is a shame when you have to cheat to win on a game that is so fun even if you come in last.

cronomagus36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#26 cronomagus36
Member since 2009 • 12663 Posts

*Sigh* I hate people that do this! It takes all the fun out of playing online!:evil:

wiidskirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 wiidskirby
Member since 2008 • 1317 Posts

If this is the first time you have experienced this you must not be playing online very much! I stopped playing MKWii online about 5-6 months ago just because of this very reason. Since then I've seen several threads on this issue. It is a shame when you have to cheat to win on a game that is so fun even if you come in last.

boardn720

I agree with you...for the most part.

The whole "it's even fun if you come in last" doesn't usually apply. It's always "Okay, I'm doing well, about to win...Darn blue shell...stupid lightning...**** red shell...*** starman...oh, last place........****!"

But cheaters make the game a lot less fun.

GamerJM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GamerJM
Member since 2007 • 1218 Posts
Ohhh, dang hackers. Guess MKWii has finally been hit by them :(. It's sad; MKWii's probably the least lagged-filled, glitch-filled, idiot-filled online game I've played, and I own a 360 (with Live).
sman3579

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29 sman3579
Member since 2008 • 21174 Posts

Cheaters, or a better word is hackers,are just people who hack in the games they suck at because they have no true skill to beat the other players on their own.

hoop210

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hoop210
Member since 2009 • 2049 Posts

all you need to do is after the race, quit. Then log back to online racing and it's extremely unlikely you'll run into them ever again.

-

Yes, it does suck that they exist ... but as you only have to finish that single race before you leave that group - how big a problem is it really? Also, coming in second [to someone with 9000+ points] is only going to take your points down a little. It's not like you have to play hours with the same group ...

tim duncan
----yeah, hnI got MKW bck in ovembr, there were a lot of cheaters...the they died down and I didn't see any for like a month nd a half...Latelythey have been around.... I actually got to race 2FAST4Ucouple of weeks ago...This person had a vr rating of 1 and unlimited evrything...I also was tormented by "Death" and some one else that had vr of 35000??... crazy.. I love playing MKW oline and wont stop until probablyMKW2 comes out...But yeah, whenveer you see one, if you don't want to play, just "quit rce" ftr thegame and start over with new players... Some times it's fun to just follow the cheater and see what they do for a couple of races... Eitehr way, anyone out there want to race??...I've had as high as 8700 vr... 4554-3569-5065 please add!!!
teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 teknic1200
ExciteBots fwiw, no hackers and it's a better game
SoraX64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#32 SoraX64
Member since 2008 • 29221 Posts

Other cheaters that I have seen are Devil, Poe, and 2HOT4U.

There was another one who's name I can't quite remember but she, like Devil, showed up with 35k points.

She would throw items like crazy but not win, so most people in the race ended up getting a lot of points. She would lose 2500 points and go back down to 9999. Before the next race, she would go back to 35k.

Lots of blue shells/bombs. The hackers I've seen like to continuously use bombs on you so that you can't leave the spot you are in. They can use items while in Bullet Bill form, and can warp around the track in Bullet Bill form.

Luigi12901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#33 Luigi12901
Member since 2009 • 1243 Posts

I had one a while back who spammed Bullet Bills on me. Seriously, she would just pull behind me and hit the Bullet Bill! After it ended, she would pull back behind me and do it again, ad nauseum. I believe her user name was Spongebob... :evil:

Jamisonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jamisonia
Member since 2009 • 896 Posts
I realized when I saw people who had finished tournaments ungodly fast. One tournament where the first place winner beat the challenge in 25 seconds. I don't know of one course in any Mario Kart that you could three laps in 25 seconds. I stopped participating on tournaments b/c of this. I hadn't noticed it in regular races.... yet. But I don't play all that much.
davros878

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#35 davros878
Member since 2008 • 134 Posts

wow! i had no idea this would be taken seriously. I'm glad knowing there are other people who actuallycare. Thanks everyone!

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts
we all care, i felt like shoveling my gc controller inside cheaters mouths (breaking teeth included) if they were within my sight range.However, and fortunately out of the millions playing it, it happens not as often as making it unberable, perhaps once a day or less. Of course, its annoying but thankfully not that extended.But sure its bound to happen in one of the most popular online games in the world.
Blue_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Blue_Panda
Member since 2006 • 1293 Posts

after reading this im imaginging the WOW episode of South Park.

A HACKER ON MARIO KART WII?? BUT MY CHILDREN ARE PLAYING IT RIGHT NOW AT HOME!!!

...Blue_Panda, its too late. Your children have already....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

nolan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38 nolan-
Member since 2002 • 7050 Posts
Perhaps Nintendo could look into fixing these major exploits? It's not like MKDS with snaking. That's pretty much built into the core gameplay.
teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 teknic1200
[QUOTE="nolan-"]Perhaps Nintendo could look into fixing these major exploits? It's not like MKDS with snaking. That's pretty much built into the core gameplay.

they aren't using exploits. they're using something third party to literally add code to the game, hence hacking. it's annoying. there was a while where nintendo could tell who was hacking and lock their wii out of the game. hackers have gotten around this now. TC just realize it's not new, and it's actually widespread in the game. wait until someone has infinite blue shells and they launch them the entire race..
nolan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40 nolan-
Member since 2002 • 7050 Posts
[QUOTE="teknic1200"][QUOTE="nolan-"]Perhaps Nintendo could look into fixing these major exploits? It's not like MKDS with snaking. That's pretty much built into the core gameplay.

they aren't using exploits. they're using something third party to literally add code to the game, hence hacking. it's annoying. there was a while where nintendo could tell who was hacking and lock their wii out of the game. hackers have gotten around this now. TC just realize it's not new, and it's actually widespread in the game. wait until someone has infinite blue shells and they launch them the entire race..

Still could be branded an exploit, albeit a very serious one. So hackers have gotten around certain security measures. Won't be long till Nintendo improves their security measures and catches people again. They have every right to shut down this third party utility and put a stop to all this.
J-man45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#41 J-man45
Member since 2008 • 11043 Posts

I have raced with maybe, one hacker before in my entire time of Mario Kart Wii online. (And I have played it quite a lot)

RunnersNation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 RunnersNation
Member since 2009 • 735 Posts

Thanks for the warning!

I've never experienced hackers in MK Online and hopefully I never do. I've played MMORPGs with tons of hackers everywhere using auto-looting and botting. It really just kind of ruins the game, like, what's the point?

boardn720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 boardn720
Member since 2008 • 5310 Posts

I think the reason some people see more hackers is the VR. If you VR is high you would be more likely to link up with a hacker because they usually have high VR. I've seen plenty of hackers with all types of unlimited power ups and my VR jumps between 7800-8800. I've also found that sometimes when you do beat one of these hacks my VR jumps significantly :)and if I get 2nd my points increase is still pretty good. The best thing to do is save a good power-up until the very end and smash those cheaters :lol: I look at it as a challenge :D

its_a_username

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 its_a_username
Member since 2009 • 598 Posts

too bad i dont own mario kart

wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#45 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

I was addicted to Mario Kart Wii for about 9 months then I finally quit like everyone else because of hackers especially people using the blue shell hack the blue shell attacking you over and over again on the battle stages it's the cheapest weapon in the game. I lost a lot of my points I just wish it had a boot button just boot out the hackers Nintendo should ban them from using the service. I don't see the point in hacking it just proves they don't know what to play the game properly.

Guardian705

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Guardian705
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I believe I have also gone up against '2FAST4U'. I also went up against someone called 'Kari Byron' tonight. Beware. Does ANYONE know how to stop hackers? My sister said that they get a special cord, hook it up to their computer and the Wii, then enter cheat codes. It is totally unfair; when Kari first joined my group, she raced like everyone else, then activated her cheats. She used EVERY destructive item, her most favored being red shells; and ALWAYS got first place! After the second race she targeted me, because I was always in the top three, and proceeded to try and annihilate me. My advice: keep racing. If you can't beat them or stop them, you will at least have the satisfaction of knowing you have annoyed them. :D
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#47 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I've came across one guy on Mario Kart DS online that Cheated and we were all kicked out of the Game. (it was so unfair too. I was right at the finishline.)

Then I tested myself with a guy that had his sticker that said "I hack". I thought he was bluffing and sure enough he used lightning first chance he got.

I would hate to come across these guys on Mario Kart Wii. Thanks for telling me.

Pixel-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 Pixel-Pirate
Member since 2009 • 10771 Posts

Pierst179

Theres plenty of fun. I have fun going on rampages in GTA without worrying about ammo or dying.

However it isn't okay to do it in multiplayer because you're ruining other peoples fun. If it's single player, go ahead.

Oddly enough I have heard many hacker stories but never met a hacker in Mario Kart. And I played alot for awhile.

GamerStevo66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 GamerStevo66
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Ah, theres lots of cheaters! There was a friendly cheater once though. He made himself have 13000 points. He kept making him self huge and was using stars all the time. We really had a laugh when he knocked us of the edge. However, when we were near finishing, he let everyone pass! And everyone got huge points because he lost 2000 and something points. Not all cheaters are bad.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#50 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

i was playing gta iv the other day on race and some one always drives backwards on purpose ,

this is a big problem , i agree but microsoft nor nintendo will do nothing about it regardless of how many complaints come in ,,

i sure sony wont either, this is whyi liked local play better, that way you know what every one i actually doing !