Selling Wii for $200? is it worth it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

venox01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By venox01
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Hey guys! First of all, this is not the Wii U console, this was the last and latest version of Wii. I bought this with the super mario bros bundle. During the time, I also bought Just Dance 4 and 3 Black wiimotes (just to go along with the color of my wii console). I've only played it a couple times, mostly when families come over. I clean everything everytime, cuz I like things being New.

Now that I've had enough playing on this console, I am planning to sell it for $200 $170 along with the 3 wiimotes (4th came along with the console) and the Just Dance 4 game.

Here are the regular prices of the things I'll be selling

Black Wii Super Mario Bros Bundle (with Super Mario Bros. Game + Music CD + 1x Wii motion plus) - $200 (edited)

3x Wii Motion Plus - $87 ($39 each)

Just Dance 4 -$33

Total: $320

Selling all these for: $170 JUST GOT SOLD!!!

Since this wii is outdated (there is wii U now), I am willing to sell everything listed above for $170 or maybe lower than that.. I really need help with selling this thing guys, I am new to selling and I'm just not sure if this is a good deal.

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

considering i just got a wii u bundle with two games for 270 a few months ago.... your price seems high to me.

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

The soundtrack on its own though can fetch a nice price I believe. They are hard to come by if I'm not mistaken.

venox01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By venox01

@MuD3: well, my other option would be to sell all these for $150 instead of 200.. uh.. yeah, that is almost half the price of the total. what do you think? I'm not an expert on selling stuff, especially when I'm new to it :P

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

You should sell the controllers separately. They are motion plus and are built in. Sadly most of your money will probably be in the controllers.

TTUalumni13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 TTUalumni13
Member since 2013 • 842 Posts

It's high since you can buy almost all of that used for much less. You can certainly try posting it on Craigslist and see what kind of offers you get, I know in my area that would sell for about 100-130.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Way too expensive for a used Wii.

venox01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 venox01

I live in Canada btw.. I am currently selling this in craiglist for $170 CDN. I just hope somebody will be interested in this offer xD I'll get a piggy bank and put a tape on it saying "Savings for Wii U or new Console" :D

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

You are never going to sell it at that price. I think between $100 and $125 is realistically what you could get for it. And isn't that the cheap version of the Wii that does not include GameCube backwards compatibility; if so that will make it even harder to sell.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I'd say in the 80-120 dollar range

venox01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 venox01

ok ok.. I guess I got lucky lol, I just posted my craiglist ad yesterday, and just a minute ago, this dude called me and said he was interested in buying it for $170.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

@venox01: Just be careful to sell your stuff to the guy in a safe place, not somewhere where you are alone with the buyer.

venox01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 venox01

@hydralisk86 said:

@venox01: Just be careful to sell your stuff to the guy in a safe place, not somewhere where you are alone with the buyer.

yeah this is actually my first time selling stuff in person, I appreciate a lot for your tip. I actually asked him where he wants to meet me and he was like "anywhere you want".. so I guess I will tell him to meet me at the sky train station. I can't call him back because it was an nknown number, I'll have to wait for him to call me again.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

@venox01 said:

@hydralisk86 said:

yeah this is actually my first time selling stuff in person, I appreciate a lot for your tip. I actually asked him where he wants to meet me and he was like "anywhere you want".. so I guess I will tell him to meet me at the sky train station. I can't call him back because it was an nknown number, I'll have to wait for him to call me again.

i've never actually used craig's list before, but i have heard a story where the outcome of the trade would have turned out dangerous had not the person telling the story escaped alright. Yeah, a place where there is a lot of people is probably going to be the safest option.