Sands of Destruction (AKA World Destruction) US announcement and NEW screens

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

http://ds.ign.com/articles/937/937556p1.html

December 10, 2008 - SEGA of America, Inc. announced today that the exclusive Nintendo DS™ title, Sands of Destruction™, will be releasing in North America. Critically acclaimed in Japan and gaining recognition through the television anime World Destruction: Sekai Bokumetsu no Rokuni™, gamers will experience an action-packed story featuring a unique range of characters, a gorgeous artistic atmosphere and an intense RPG battle system.

"We are very excited to bring this original RPG to the U.S.," states Yoichi Shimosato, producer of Sands of Destruction. "Our very talented team is eager to showcase the unique world and gameplay experience of Sands of Destruction and they firmly believe we have created an RPG world that can be enjoyed by everyone."

In Sands of Destruction, a race of powerful beastmen known as the Ferals rule over the human population with tyranny and prejudice. A group of warriors, the World Annihilation Front, believe their only option for ending the corruption of the Ferals is to end the world as they know it. This intense game puts gamers in control of an intriguing cast of characters including the crusading Morte Ashera as well as Kyrie Illunis, who unknowingly holds the key to global destruction. Gamers will explore a fantastic world, traveling across oceans of sand, battling colossal enemy monsters and unraveling the mystery of the creation of the world.

"SEGA is excited to be bringing this innovative, engaging IP to Nintendo DS," states Sean Ratcliffe, Vice President of Marketing for SEGA of America, Inc. "With the incredible talent and vision of the development team, Sands of Destruction promises to deliver the next epic RPG experience to gamers everywhere."

Featuring an all-star team of Japanese RPG developers, Sands of Destruction utilizes the upper and lower DS screens for its dynamic battle system, including major boss battles where elite monsters take up both DS screens. Mixing traditional turn-based tactics with fighting game mechanics to create an intense gameplay experience, Sands of Destruction also features an innovative "Quip system" where characters utter inspiring battle commands that enhance abilities and boost attributes to give them various advantages during battle. As the story unfolds new battle commands will be discovered and gamers will be able to customize the different commands to each character.

Sands of Destruction will be released in fall 2009, exclusively for Nintendo DS™.

http://ds.ign.com/dor/objects/14235197/sands-of-destruction/images/world-destruction-screens-20080530050013449.html?page=mediaFull

Sands of Destruction PictureSands of Destruction Picture

EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
I almost forget the DS is region free sometimes, that's cool, if it's good I'll import it :)
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ASK_Story
I almost forget the DS is region free sometimes, that's cool, if it's good I'll import it :)EuroMafia
No, it's coming out for the US! That's why the title is changed. Read the article again. No need to import.
WAIW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#4 WAIW
Member since 2008 • 5000 Posts
Awesome, I didn't know if this was World Destruction or not, thanks for the heads up :)
EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
[QUOTE="EuroMafia"]I almost forget the DS is region free sometimes, that's cool, if it's good I'll import it :)ASK_Story
No, it's coming out for the US! That's why the title is changed. Read the article again. No need to import.

No, you didn't get it, I live in Europe so I can import from the US now that it'll be in English.
terrieralex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#6 terrieralex
Member since 2008 • 45 Posts
pretty...
FallofAthens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FallofAthens
Member since 2008 • 2026 Posts
Never heard of the series until now. Looks pretty interesting.
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ASK_Story
Never heard of the series until now. Looks pretty interesting. FallofAthens
That's because it's a new original IP.
FallofAthens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FallofAthens
Member since 2008 • 2026 Posts

[QUOTE="FallofAthens"]Never heard of the series until now. Looks pretty interesting. ASK_Story

Well, I meant I never heard of the Anime it's based off of. Sorry.

ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ASK_Story

[QUOTE="ASK_Story"][QUOTE="FallofAthens"]Never heard of the series until now. Looks pretty interesting. FallofAthens

Well, I meant I never heard of the Anime it's based off of. Sorry.

Actually, the anime is based off the game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_Destruction_episodes

SirSpudly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 SirSpudly
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

I remember that game wiping the floor against kitn on opening week in September.

I do wish it well.

canary7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 canary7
Member since 2004 • 6277 Posts
I want it.
Ingenemployee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ingenemployee
Member since 2007 • 2307 Posts

looks interesting, whats the combat like?

EDIT: nevermind, read some the post

Avatar image for Nomoreblasphemy
Nomoreblasphemy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Nomoreblasphemy
Member since 2008 • 198 Posts
They did a good job with working around constraints. This game graphically looks amazing. Devs should makes works of art like this more often.
Avatar image for Nomoreblasphemy
Nomoreblasphemy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Nomoreblasphemy
Member since 2008 • 198 Posts
By the looks of it, the combat is turn based, enemies on the left, heroes on the right.
-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts

Sweet. have the JPN version but ts extremely text heavy, really want to understand the story.

SirSpudly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 SirSpudly
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

Sweet. have the JPN version but ts extremely text heavy, really want to understand the story.

-Oath

Silly Oath, text is for kids!

Import games that have good technical value or detailed tutorial, that way you can actually enjoy your product.

piratedrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 piratedrunk
Member since 2003 • 341 Posts
I think this thread needs a bump because I haven't been this excited for a new game in years for any system let alone ds.
-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -Oath
[QUOTE="-Oath"]

SirSpudly

Import games that have good technical value or detailed tutorial, that way you can actually enjoy your product.

Im a good 20 hous in now and Ive progressed through the story a bit aswell. This game is DIFFICULT! It gets painfully hard after awhile.

ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ShuichiChamp24
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts
Hopefully it's better than the anime, cause that was just boring as hell. Game looks good though.
Avatar image for Master-Thief-09
Master-Thief-09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#21 Master-Thief-09
Member since 2009 • 2534 Posts
Those screenshots look grainy. One more RPG for DS... as if it's lacking any. :P
piratedrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 piratedrunk

[QUOTE="SirSpudly"][QUOTE="-Oath"]

-Oath

Im a good 20 hous in now and Ive progressed through the story a bit aswell. This game is DIFFICULT! It gets painfully hard after awhile.

I've heard Sega is considering lowering the encounter rate for the North American version of the game so that could help smooth it out a bit.

meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#23 meiaman
Member since 2006 • 3300 Posts
[QUOTE="SirSpudly"][QUOTE="-Oath"]

-Oath

Great, i really love hard rpgs, judging the book by the cape, i think i this will be on my top 5 easily. Take that "FF IV is too hrad!!!11!1!" complainers, go learn how to play and we will talk later. :P
piratedrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 piratedrunk

[QUOTE="-Oath"][QUOTE="SirSpudly"]

meiaman

Great, i really love hard rpgs, judging the book by the cape, i think i this will be on my top 5 easily. Take that "FF IV is too hrad!!!11!1!" complainers, go learn how to play and we will talk later. :P

I agree with you in that I love a good challenge.. but when that challenge is getting through super frequent random battles i'd rather not haha. Hopefully they make them less frequent but more challenging during the actual battles.

pppjjj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 pppjjj
Member since 2004 • 1094 Posts

[QUOTE="meiaman"][QUOTE="-Oath"]

piratedrunk

I agree with you in that I love a good challenge.. but when that challenge is getting through super frequent random battles i'd rather not haha. Hopefully they make them less frequent but more challenging during the actual battles.

I agree also, some Jrpgs have been getting a little on the easy side lately.

meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 meiaman

[QUOTE="meiaman"][QUOTE="-Oath"]

piratedrunk

Yeah, high random encounter rate is very annoying, i like hard games with hard bosses and enemies, but faking the difficulty by placing enemies every two steps is just irritating.
-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 -Oath

[QUOTE="piratedrunk"]

[QUOTE="meiaman"] Great, i really love hard rpgs, judging the book by the cape, i think i this will be on my top 5 easily. Take that "FF IV is too hrad!!!11!1!" complainers, go learn how to play and we will talk later. :Pmeiaman

Yeah, high random encounter rate is very annoying, i like hard games with hard bosses and enemies, but faking the difficulty by placing enemies every two steps is just irritating.

Well its not that there's alot of encounters, its more along the lines of you get to the new area and enimies can kill you in 3 hits opposed to the 11 the old enemies did. Its pretty rediculous...

But in othe news, Im playing 7th Dragon now (from the makers of Etrian Odyssey) and this game is freakin brilliant. The 2.5D graphics are the best Ive seen in a long time and the overall art/menu/enviorment style is beautiful. Probably the best RPG Ive played in a while.... AND its easier than Etrian Odyssey.

piratedrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 piratedrunk

Oh my mistake I had heard there were heaps of enounters and that was the only realy complaint i heard about the game. But if the overall difficulty is just high then sweet.

Grim_Heaper94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 Grim_Heaper94
Member since 2009 • 4574 Posts
I've been waiting for this game it looks fun.
B4ULoveShine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 B4ULoveShine
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

This game will NOT come with a pre-order bonus. >_>

meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 meiaman

[QUOTE="meiaman"][QUOTE="piratedrunk"] Yeah, high random encounter rate is very annoying, i like hard games with hard bosses and enemies, but faking the difficulty by placing enemies every two steps is just irritating.-Oath

Well its not that there's alot of encounters, its more along the lines of you get to the new area and enimies can kill you in 3 hits opposed to the 11 the old enemies did. Its pretty rediculous...

But in othe news, Im playing 7th Dragon now (from the makers of Etrian Odyssey) and this game is freakin brilliant. The 2.5D graphics are the best Ive seen in a long time and the overall art/menu/enviorment style is beautiful. Probably the best RPG Ive played in a while.... AND its easier than Etrian Odyssey.

Haha, well, Etrian Odyssey was kinda hard at the start, but a resourceful player can get around the difficulty easily, so if ol' good oath is saying that this game can be easier than EO, i must see it with my own eyes.

Oh my mistake I had heard there were heaps of enounters and that was the only realy complaint i heard about the game. But if the overall difficulty is just high then sweet.

piratedrunk
NOOO! You gave me fake info, give me my monnies back!!!11!1!. =P
piratedrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 piratedrunk

You heard it here first!

piratedrunk - spreader of lies!