RUMOR - Details on 'Acid Ghost' , a supposed Wii U game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#1 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9728 Posts

- being developed by one of Kuju Entertainment's teams
- originally intended to be published by Konami for the Xbox 360/PS3
- game features a dark sense of humor
- takes place on a cruise ship
- play as an invisible evil spirit that haunts and terrorizes passengers on the ship
- use the Wii U controller to pick up random objects, grab people's body parts, draw on the walls with blood, turn on and off lights in rooms, mess with passengers tv's, radio's, and laptops, and mess with their food when they aren't looking
- walk into a woman's room while she is sleeping and move her bed into a kitchen
- cover a kid's bed in spiders
- you're rewarded for how much you traumatize the ship passengers
- Each passenger has an individualized personality and characteristics
- online mode
- Kuji made a new demo of the game with Wii U controller ideas to show to Nintendo

Also Eminem is promoting it.

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=177349

What do you think about this game?

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#2 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

It sounds really cool. I'm interested I liked what Kuju did with Battalion Wars 1 and 2 and I would like to see this game.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
You forgot the part about how Eminem is suppose to be the spokesperson for this game lol.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
- use the Wii U controller to grab people's body partsGameboyTroy
i'm SO seeing where this is going.
GamerEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 GamerEye
Member since 2011 • 1607 Posts

Nice.

hotdiddykong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hotdiddykong
Member since 2007 • 2099 Posts

Wait, this rumor about the supposed Rated M Wii U game? It got more details? Nice....

Peanut04_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 Peanut04_basic
Member since 2002 • 724 Posts
That actually sounds like it has the potential to be a lot of fun, but odd. If it gets released, I doubt it will get a release outside of Japan. It just sounds too niche.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

That actually sounds like it has the potential to be a lot of fun, but odd. If it gets released, I doubt it will get a release outside of Japan. It just sounds too niche. Peanut04_basic
Why would a western developer make a Japan Only game? I think if they do make the game it would be released in the West.

Kuju Entertainment is located in the United Kingdom.

Peanut04_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Peanut04_basic
Member since 2002 • 724 Posts

[QUOTE="Peanut04_basic"]That actually sounds like it has the potential to be a lot of fun, but odd. If it gets released, I doubt it will get a release outside of Japan. It just sounds too niche. Nintendo_Ownes7

Why would a western developer make a Japan Only game? I think if they do make the game it would be released in the West.

Kuju Entertainment is located in the United Kingdom.

I just read the game description. I didn't really look at who was making it, thanks for the correction. I'll keep an eye on it, who knows, it may turn out real well.
GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9728 Posts

Your next round Acid Ghost details, plus concept art!

This concept art is going to make or break this rumor. I know someone is going to scour every corner of the net to find where this art originated, if it's part of someone's portfolio out there. As we wait for that to happen, let's hit up the next round of rumored info.

- features a level-up system and skill tree system
- the more powerful you become, the more powers you gain
- stay away from mirrors, glass, and certain light sources that reveal your image
- meter that shows how visible your spirit is to the human eye, depending on the type of light you are standing in
- if a human sees you, you must restart
- you can 'design' nightmares on the Wii U controller, tailored to each person's fears
- this includes choosing locations, scenarios, and other things
- Nightmares don't have to take place on the cruise ship.
- You can create "accidents" for chefs in the cruise ship's kitchen by playing with knives, blenders, or shoving people into ovens.
- Ability to set objects and people on fire.
- Design hallucinations and put them in people's heads.
- Design monsters and creatures to place into people's nightmares and hallucinations.
- You can cause trouble on the cruise ship that will get passengers divorced, fired by their boss, force them into a situation of adultery, or pin/frame them for a crime they didn't commit.
- You can choose to do good deeds, such as stopping a burglary or save a kid from drowning
- 7 different endings depending on how you choose to play the game

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=177431

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sepewrath
Shouldn't seeing the ghost be an even greater scare :P
Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

That wouldnt be good, they might call the Ghost Busters!:o

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
I like the concept of the game, sounds a lot like Geist/Ghost Trick. However, scaring people just for the sake of scaring people wouldn't stay interesting for long. I would hope there's a lot more to it than that. And as with all other rumors, I'll believe it when I see it.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

The screenshots posted for this game are fake.

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

I like the concept of the game, sounds a lot like Geist/Ghost Trick. However, scaring people just for the sake of scaring people wouldn't stay interesting for long.meetroid8
That's the first thing that came to my mind when reading the description. I really can't see this game being that interesting for that long. At least with Geist it had a nice change of pace between the ghost sections with the shooting sections.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BrunoBRS
Shouldn't seeing the ghost be an even greater scare :P Sepewrath
no, you have to mine their psyche until they beg for death, for their insanity has twisted their vision of the world beyond what a human would tolerate. scaring is too easy :D
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Sepewrath
But scaring can lead to a heart attack or panicked dashes that lead to a comical death i.e. slipping on a banana peel and landing in a deep fryer lol.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#18 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Being on GameSpot for over 6 years, this is honestly the weirdest rumour I've ever seen.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BrunoBRS
But scaring can lead to a heart attack or panicked dashes that lead to a comical death i.e. slipping on a banana peel and landing in a deep fryer lol. Sepewrath
but that's a short term entertainment that wears out quickly. driving someone to the brink of reason is much better :D
22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts
[QUOTE="GameboyTroy"] - use the Wii U controller to grab people's body partsBrunoBRS
i'm SO seeing where this is going.

No matter what types of gameplay variety this game will offer it would probably turn into a groping simulator for most people, myself included xD.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Sepewrath
[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]But scaring can lead to a heart attack or panicked dashes that lead to a comical death i.e. slipping on a banana peel and landing in a deep fryer lol. BrunoBRS
but that's a short term entertainment that wears out quickly. driving someone to the brink of reason is much better :D

I don't know about that, face plants into some kind of death trap can be funny for a good amount of time lol.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BrunoBRS
[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"][QUOTE="Sepewrath"]But scaring can lead to a heart attack or panicked dashes that lead to a comical death i.e. slipping on a banana peel and landing in a deep fryer lol. Sepewrath

I don't know about that, face plants into some kind of death trap can be funny for a good amount of time lol.

but you don't want them dead.
Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#23 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

That actually sounds really cool an unique.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#24 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
I love the idea but I bet it will be toned down just like Manhunt 2 on the Wii was. Apparently you're allowed to kill in video games but you're not allowed to murder. Figure that one out.
Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#25 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts
Hmm... that's actually a pretty cool idea. It'd be nice to play as the bad guy and simply scare people for a change. Reminds me of an older game called 'Downtown' or something. And it'd be a hundred times cooler if it ends with Dean and Sam Winchester killing the character in the end, because it does sound like a Supernatural episode name :lol:
Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#26 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Hmm... that's actually a pretty cool idea. It'd be nice to play as the bad guy and simply scare people for a change. Reminds me of an older game called 'Downtown' or something. And it'd be a hundred times cooler if it ends with Dean and Sam Winchester killing the character in the end, because it does sound like a Supernatural episode name :lol:Spinnerweb

That woul.d be possibly the greatest plot twist of all time.

Spinnerweb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#27 Spinnerweb
Member since 2009 • 2995 Posts

[QUOTE="Spinnerweb"]Hmm... that's actually a pretty cool idea. It'd be nice to play as the bad guy and simply scare people for a change. Reminds me of an older game called 'Downtown' or something. And it'd be a hundred times cooler if it ends with Dean and Sam Winchester killing the character in the end, because it does sound like a Supernatural episode name :lol:turtlethetaffer

That woul.d be possibly the greatest plot twist of all time.

Oh but it would be. I mean, that's what we all want, innit? :D