This topic is locked from further discussion.

ComradeCrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ComradeCrash
Member since 2005 • 2519 Posts

So I saw the Beyonce's commerical of this game and I am interested. I have watched gameplay videos and read some reviews. However for some weird reason I am still don't get this game. I think its because I never played any of the Wario Ware games, and all the reviews compare this game to it. I like music games like DDR.

So is this game like DDR...but with touch controls?

Maledizione

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Maledizione
Member since 2008 • 896 Posts

Based on the commercials, I think it's a game composed entirely of quick time events.

msuspartan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 msuspartan11
Member since 2009 • 572 Posts
It's an incredible lame game. Play the demo if you have a DS. Nothing special at all.
awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

It's okay, but not worth the money. I played the demo.

I doubt the game is much better.

SirRiffAlot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SirRiffAlot
Member since 2008 • 256 Posts

The game is basically like the iPhone game Tap tap. You tap in time to the beat of the song that you're playing, every now and again you'll be expected to tap, hold, and then flick. You can tap anywhere on the screen, just as long as you tap to the rhythm. There are an assortment of mini games, each with a different song. Every time you beat a mini-game you get a medal depending on how well you did and you unlock another mini game. You'll be given the option to go back and try to perfect a mini game you got a gold medal on, if you do manage to get a perfect on a song, you'll unlock the song to listen to without having to the mini game over. If you can, wait until the games cheaper. It's alright but not worth $40.

DaViD_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DaViD_99
Member since 2007 • 2496 Posts
Everyone here is incredibly wrong. It is nothing like tap tap, except they are both rhythm games. Go watch or read review of it please. Too lazy to write couple paragraphs. Its from the creator of Wario Ware series. I personally loved the demo, but don't have the game.
Ruhdezee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Ruhdezee
Member since 2007 • 975 Posts

this game is great it starts off easy and simple but it ends up getting hard and it never stops being fun. there is also so much replay value.... i definetley reccomend it

darksongbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#8 darksongbird
Member since 2009 • 1237 Posts

Watch a trailer or two here. It shows a variety of games. It looks alright to me, BUT they did say that the difficulty increases and it almost becomes unforgivable at times so I was put of by that.

I don't want a very hard game that stresses me. I'd rather have something fun and just right of a challenge.

Waffle_Fish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9 Waffle_Fish
Member since 2008 • 2074 Posts
Its nothing like DDR but it is a very fun rhythm game. I highly recommend it, it is one of the funnest games I have played on the DS in a while
Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#10 Yoweeh
Member since 2008 • 3025 Posts

So I saw the Beyonce's commerical of this game and I am interested. I have watched gameplay videos and read some reviews. However for some weird reason I am still don't get this game. I think its because I never played any of the Wario Ware games, and all the reviews compare this game to it. I like music games like DDR.

ComradeCrash
I have it; It's fun and addicting. It's long enough to keep you entertained for a long while, though all of the games are short. Yes, you could say it's like DDR. It's a rhythm game where you have to have the speakers on to actually play the game. In other words, the music is a big factor. It's wonderful and well worth the money.
Avatar image for TalesofRaGnArOk
TalesofRaGnArOk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 TalesofRaGnArOk
Member since 2007 • 3189 Posts

The commercials make the game seem really lame, but the actual game itself is really fun and intuitive; its not unlike wario ware in the sense that there are mini-events (usually 1 minute long, most warioware events are only like 5 seconds), and its a lot harder, but its focused entirely on the music; it'll probably turn out as a sleeper as usual. I don't know what demo everyone else was playing, but the game is great.

guitarist4292

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 guitarist4292
Member since 2006 • 503 Posts

It's sort of like a rythm based wario-ware, but with really simple controls.

Being a musician with a good sense of rythm, I think the game is phenomenal. It's not like other rythm games in any sense other than you need some kind of rythmic talent to do well. The music is catchy, if not a bit odd, and while not all of the mini-games are totally awesome, none of them suck either.

Anyway, I LOVE it, but like I said, I've been a musician most of my life. I don't really know how it would appeal to people who aren't musically inclined. I'm not saying there's a difference, but if ther is I wouldn't know.

If you have enough rythm to play a guitar hero game, I would highly reccomend buying it. It's got a ton of games, they're all fun, and the replay value is through the roof with unlockable toys and even bonus games for getting high ranks in the normal games.

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 riariases
Member since 2007 • 2335 Posts

The game is basically like the iPhone game Tap tap. You tap in time to the beat of the song that you're playing, every now and again you'll be expected to tap, hold, and then flick. You can tap anywhere on the screen, just as long as you tap to the rhythm. There are an assortment of mini games, each with a different song. Every time you beat a mini-game you get a medal depending on how well you did and you unlock another mini game. You'll be given the option to go back and try to perfect a mini game you got a gold medal on, if you do manage to get a perfect on a song, you'll unlock the song to listen to without having to the mini game over. If you can, wait until the games cheaper. It's alright but not worth $40.

SirRiffAlot
Do you even own the game? [QUOTE="ComradeCrash"]

Alot of people are saying they played the demo and the game seemed okay but not worth $40. Seriously, find a friend who owns it and try it out. You'll be running to a game store so quick... okay, so its not that amazing but it is a great game. Every mini-game is composed of tapping and flicking to the beat, thus called "Rythm" Heaven. Its extremelly challenging, even for a person like me. I've been playing the KeyBoard since I was five, picked up the Violin at the age of 8, started the Acoustic Guitar at 9(rythm guitaring) and can now play half the library of Jimi Hendrix songs on my Electric Guitar which I started at 12. That was a bit of a rant but what i'm saying is no matter how musically inclined you are, the game WILL be hard. But after practice it will become like third nature, especially when the "Remix" level mixes 4 mini-games into one.
Gerardo1963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gerardo1963
Member since 2003 • 345 Posts

Wow some of u guys need to do more research! And besides thats your alls opinion anyway! My girlfriend bought the game for her DS and she really likes it! Try it out! You cant go and listen to peoples opinions cuz thats there own opinion not your u know? But in my girls opinion, its a really good game! Worth the money!:D

KurodaMurasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KurodaMurasaki
Member since 2008 • 1670 Posts

The game is pretty fun, but hard. It's really simple, but you of course have to tap/flick to the rhythm. I really like it, but it can be unforgiving at times. Still you get a lot of satisfaction once you finish a song. There's over 50 songs.

jjtiebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 jjtiebuckle
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts
I just watched the commercial and wow.. looks nothing like Elite Beat Agents so I may skip this one..
KurodaMurasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KurodaMurasaki

I just watched the commercial and wow.. looks nothing like Elite Beat Agents so I may skip this one..jjtiebuckle

Why does it have to be Elite Beat Agents to be good?

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TriniPlayer
Member since 2009 • 7722 Posts

[QUOTE="jjtiebuckle"]I just watched the commercial and wow.. looks nothing like Elite Beat Agents so I may skip this one..KurodaMurasaki

Exactly
jjtiebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jjtiebuckle
[QUOTE="KurodaMurasaki"]

[QUOTE="jjtiebuckle"]I just watched the commercial and wow.. looks nothing like Elite Beat Agents so I may skip this one..TriniPlayer

Exactly

Elite Beat Agents used the formula of tapping the correct buttons at the correct time, like DDR. This game uses no buttons = no challenge, just timing/ memorization.
KurodaMurasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KurodaMurasaki

[QUOTE="TriniPlayer"][QUOTE="KurodaMurasaki"]

jjtiebuckle

Exactly

Elite Beat Agents used the formula of tapping the correct buttons at the correct time, like DDR. This game uses no buttons = no challenge, just timing/ memorization.

What?? This game is much harder than DDR or Elite Beat Agents.

TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TriniPlayer
Well i can't say if Ryhthm Heaven is hard or not cause i didn't buy it yet but from what i heard,its very challenging.
riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 riariases

jjtiebuckle

Exactly

You obviously have no idea whatsoever. It may sound like its just tapping and flicking to the beat but things get mixed up so much that I gaurantee it will take atleast 15 tries to get a gold medal for someone as ignorant as you.

kamakun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kamakun
Member since 2006 • 3352 Posts

jjtiebuckle

Exactly

Please keep empty assumptions out of this. You have obviously not played the game and therefore your claims and arguments are meaningless. I have both this and EBA. While this game doesn't require tapping buttons, it gets more challenging than Jumpin' Jack Flash at times. Additionally, it offers more variety. EBA offers about 2 handfuls of songs, but this offers roughly 50, not including the Rhythm Toys and the Endless Games

dr_doongy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dr_doongy
Member since 2008 • 625 Posts

this game is ridiculous. i love it.

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 riariases

this game is ridiculous. i love it.

dr_doongy
Kind of funny how everyone who actually OWNS the game loves it and the people who don't even know what they're talking about(jjtie, like most times) ... ... ... well... don't know what they're talking about.
nolan-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nolan-
Member since 2002 • 7050 Posts
Didn't realize it was Beyonce. Thought it was just some random chick. This changes everything! I now have even less interest in this game.
TriniPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TriniPlayer
Didn't realize it was Beyonce. Thought it was just some random chick. This changes everything! I now have even less interest in this game.nolan-
The game is good considering if you have it or not
floppydiscs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 floppydiscs
Member since 2008 • 204 Posts

Watch a trailer or two here. It shows a variety of games. It looks alright to me, BUT they did say that the difficulty increases and it almost becomes unforgivable at times so I was put of by that.

I don't want a very hard game that stresses me. I'd rather have something fun and just right of a challenge.

darksongbird

Its a great game, if you try to pass a level 3 times and fail all 3 times you can auto-unlock the next one...

red_sovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 red_sovereign
Member since 2007 • 1936 Posts
d/l the demo, got hyped, purchased the game, and realized games like this should be dsiware basically i lost 30 bucks. maybe ill sell it back and buy contact
EvolutionKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 EvolutionKing
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I like it a lot. Challenging, but fun.
GoreObsessed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GoreObsessed
Member since 2004 • 8883 Posts
Its an awsome game..
Pyro767

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 Pyro767
Member since 2009 • 2305 Posts
This game is awesome. I have it and I love it. It is not like DDR with touch controls, but the controls are so simple that anyone can understand them. It's just tap, release, and flick. That's all you need to know. Read my review http://www.gamespot.com/ds/puzzle/rhythmtengokugold/player_review.html?id=654360&tag=contributions;review1
atlanta_guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 atlanta_guy
Member since 2009 • 363 Posts

I bought this game. I played it. I tried to like it. I really did try to enjoy it but I just couldn't get into it. I can see where alot of people would enjoy it but it was not my cup of tea. I traded it in at Gamestop.

jjtiebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jjtiebuckle
Kind of funny how everyone who actually OWNS the game loves it and the people who don't even know what they're talking about(jjtie, like most times) ... ... ... well... don't know what they're talking about.riariases
The haters are malicious.. I love it! I'll check this out in a year or two when it's about 10$. Until then, don't wait up for my opinion!
wiifan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 wiifan99
Member since 2009 • 401 Posts
The game was pretty fun when I played the demo.
pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#36 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

It is a very fun game with surprising variety. It also has a really high level of challenge so be prepared for some frustration.

SiK99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#37 SiK99
Member since 2008 • 1673 Posts
[QUOTE="jjtiebuckle"] I'll check this out in a year or two when it's about 10$. Until then, don't wait up for my opinion!

Not many games published by Nintendo get down to $10....especially the non-touch generations games. I've found this game to be just as addicting as EBA is.
riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 riariases
[QUOTE="riariases"] Kind of funny how everyone who actually OWNS the game loves it and the people who don't even know what they're talking about(jjtie, like most times) ... ... ... well... don't know what they're talking about.jjtiebuckle
The haters are malicious.. I love it! I'll check this out in a year or two when it's about 10$. Until then, don't wait up for my opinion!

I doubt it will ever become a $10.00 game. It was originally suppose to be $30.00 but the fact the Beyonce Knowles and some other celebrity(check the Wii Channel) endorsed the title, the price went up %25. And the only reason I stated your name was because every time I ever came across you in a forum, you didn't even know what you were saying (like now).