Review | A Card based RPG from the studio that brought us Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest.

StuMiiPlays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By StuMiiPlays
Member since 2021 • 1 Posts

As a fan of the Final Fantasy and RPG genre, but I'm not a fan of board games, but this game had interested me in the way the cards are used throughout the game. I downloaded the demo and hear are my early review.

The cards become the board for the world that your explore and travel through and the characters, equipment and items are all played out using cards as one would expect in any card card with die and counters.

"If you're looking for a new take on the classic RPG formula, then this is the game gives you a fresh take, whilst crossing over with card and board based games."

With all that the game plays out like a standard RPG games; random monster encounters, grinding to level up stats, and a ongoing story quests and side quests to explore. The RPG element is what drew me to this game after seeing the trailer on the latest Nintendo Direct.

As short lived the demo version is, I did spend time my time grinding and levelling up, buying equipment upgrades and making sure I had enough potions to last forever. Once I did get to the end, I was gutted that, that's all their was. I wanted more, the tease of the true quest wanted me to play on, but I could not. I guess I'll have to wait and download the full version is released.

System: Nintendo Switch | Release date: 28/10/2021