Resident Evil style you like?

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 umcommon
Member since 2007 • 2503 Posts

Just out of curriosity is Capcom really giving Wii owners what they really want?

It seems like Capcom just keeps pooping all over the Wii with horribly weak efforts (except Monster Hunter 3 which looks amazing). We all know that the Wii had by far the best controls for RE:4 and that was heavily reflected by the critics and consumers alike. To me it's mind boggling that capcom refuses to satisfy a market with a fairly high demand for another RE game with RE:4 gameplay, instead of getting this we are left with half.... efforts that consist of cheap rail shooters and 6 year old ports. I don't know about all of you but this is just making me more and more sick.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

The "original style" Resident Evil franchise is done better elsewhere.

The Wii cannot compete in graphics, controls, sound, or AI

That means if given the choice everyone who has more then a Wii will pick up the software somewhere else

The Wii needs to be used to it's strengths and make a product that cannot re replicated anywhere else. The Chronicles games do that

umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 umcommon

That means if given the choice everyone who has more then a Wii will pick up the software somewhere else

The Wii needs to be used to it's strengths and make a product that cannot re replicated anywhere else. The Chronicles games do that

Jaysonguy
-graphics I'll give you that, but everyone who bought a Wii in the first place knew it wasn't HD anyway -sound is a matter of effort by the dev (besides how many people play video games in 5.1) -Wii has a lot of games with good AI, plus how hard is it to give a zombie personality Controls?! Are you serious? RE:4's controls were by far superior on the Wii. I guess it's a matter of opinion though at least for me dual analogs made the game clunky.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

umcommon

-graphics I'll give you that, but everyone who bought a Wii in the first place knew it wasn't HD anyway -sound is a matter of effort by the dev (besides how many people play video games in 5.1) -Wii has a lot of games with good AI, plus how hard is it to give a zombie personality Controls?! Are you serious? RE:4's controls were by far superior on the Wii. I guess it's a matter of opinion though at least for me dual analogs made the game clunky.

Sound is better elsewhere, it's not up to the devs it's up to what the Wii supports
AI is better elsewhere, the Wii cannot handle the AI programming done elsewhere
The controls are better elsewhere. They're more precise elsewhere when it comes to moving.

The only thing that the Wii wins at is the ability to point at what you want dead.

So Capcom takes that one and only strength and makes a game around it

People do not want watered down software

umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 umcommon

[QUOTE="umcommon"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

Sound is better elsewhere, it's not up to the devs it's up to what the Wii supports
The controls are better elsewhere. They're more precise elsewhere when it comes to moving.

The only thing that the Wii wins at is the ability to point at what you want dead.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

AI for RE:4 supported the purpose of the game just fine, and Wii can do better on top of that. Again controls? Were are you getting the more precise? Moving with the left stick (nunchuck in Wii's case) is the same on every controler... are you saying the stick on the nunchuck is inferior too? Are you saying RE:4 on Wii was inferior to GC and PS2?

I consider RE:4 a heck of a lot less watered down than a rail shooter and 6 year old ports with pre-rendered backrounds and remapped buttons.

Cesar_Barba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Cesar_Barba
Member since 2003 • 3665 Posts

Jaysonguy

You assume too much, therefor you are wrong there.

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts

I like them all

RE 1-3 sty1e
RE 4-5 sty1y
and the UC sty1e

The only thing I actually need is quality.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Cesar_Barba

Yeah, interesting story, sit down will you?

It's a fable called "How games sell better elsewhere"

Once upon a time there was a man called John Madden, he liked football so much he made a game about it. They made the game for many many years and all the boys and girls shouted with glee when it launched. Then when it was launched in 2006 something very peculiar happened, on the Wii it only sold slightly over 470k copies while on the other consoles it sold over 2.3 million.

Well someone thought there might be some mistake. I mean did everyone know Madden was on all three consoles? So they advertised more and the Wii's userbase grew and that launch week a miracle happened. Madden in 2007 sold over 800k and everyone cheered, that is until they saw that the other consoles had sold over 3.3 million

The next year Madden decided that along with watered down graphics, sounds, and AI it would also give the Wii version a few special features and sadly, it only sold slightly over 700k while elsewhere it sold over 3.7 million

The great thing about this story is that it's a Mad Libs story

Replace Madden with anything

Wii's Rock Band 2 = Not even half a million
Rock Band 2 elsewhere = Over 2 million

Need for Speed Carbon = Not even half a million
Need for Speed Elsewhere = Over 2 million

Even so so games

Spider Man WOS = 130k
Spider Man WOS elsewhere = over 400k

So I will repeat what I said...

If given the choice users will pick up the software somewhere else

Cesar_Barba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Cesar_Barba

[QUOTE="Cesar_Barba"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

(some story that has nothing to do with my point)

Allow me to point out what I meant, you used the word "EVERYONE" which is incorrect. I don't care if a version of another console sold millions more on system D or I, it doesn't matter, I just meant that not "EVERYONE"

You see, I had the choice of getting the oh so superior great version of the next gen console for games like, Guitar Hero 3, Guitar Hero World Tour, Sonic Unleashed, Raving Rabbits, Call Of Duty World at War for my 'superior' consoles, yet, all those games I purchased for my Wii. I guess I'm not a part of 'everyone'.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="Cesar_Barba"]You assume too much, therefor you are wrong there.

Cesar_Barba

Allow me to point out what I meant, you used the word "EVERYONE" which is incorrect. I don't care if a version of another console sold millions more on system D or I, it doesn't matter, I just meant that not "EVERYONE"

Yeah and as I explained in my story you're wrong

Also next time I take time out of my day to write a story I expect it copied lol

Avatar image for lukefartedagain
lukefartedagain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 lukefartedagain
Member since 2004 • 132 Posts

Once upon a time there was a man called John Madden, he liked football so much he made a game about it. They made the game for many many years and all the boys and girls shouted with glee when it launched. Then when it was launched in 2006 something very peculiar happened, on the Wii it only sold slightly over 470k copies while on the other consoles it sold over 2.3 million.

Well someone thought there might be some mistake. I mean did everyone know Madden was on all three consoles? So they advertised more and the Wii's userbase grew and that launch week a miracle happened. Madden in 2007 sold over 800k and everyone cheered, that is until they saw that the other consoles had sold over 3.3 million

The next year Madden decided that along with watered down graphics, sounds, and AI it would also give the Wii version a few special features and sadly, it only sold slightly over 700k while elsewhere it sold over 3.7 million

Even so so games

Spider Man WOS = 130k

Jaysonguy

So you agree that there are clearly still HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of people that would buy it on Wii. I'm not a doctor, but I'm pretty sure hundreds of thousands is better than zero. Sure, more people will buy multi-system games for the other consoles. But sales are sales and there is still a large group of people (larger install base than the other systems) that will buy some of the product. On the actual topic, I would like a new third person game with RE4 type controls.

Cesar_Barba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Cesar_Barba

[QUOTE="Cesar_Barba"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

Yeah and as I explained in my story you're wrong

Also next time I take time out of my day to write a story I expect it copied lol

Do you really want me to make a huge quote. I read it and all, sure, but it was a little on the large side and having something like that multiple times makes a mess of the forum's look. Also, I edited my original post explaining how I have all the consoled, yet I bought many multi-platform games for Wii instead of their 'superior'. I know of a few other people that have the same as well.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

[QUOTE="Cesar_Barba"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

Even so so games

Spider Man WOS = 130k

Not trying to intrude on you guys debate or anything, but you do realise that most of those games had built a strong fanbase before the Wii versions came out in whatever years they came out in right? Especially Madden. Take Madden for example, Madden had a major following back in the day but once Playstation got a hold of it, it became a "If you didn't have it on Playstation, you were'nt playing it on the right system" game, thus the reason for the lesser Wii sales, because if people would've been playing it on the Wii and it built up a fanbase on it like the Playstation had before Playstation came out, then they released a Playstation version, the sales would be reversed. Same goes for most of the other titles that were mentioned. I do see what you are saying about if users were given the choice to pick up the software elsewhere, but by saying that, you are speaking for ALL people that have multiple New systems and by that logic, you are wrong because I would prefer to pick it up on the Wii. My choice and I'm entitled to it. I have nothing else to say on this matter.

Anyway, on topic, I personally enjoy the CLa$$ic Resident Evil $tyle gameplay of Resident Evil 1, 2 & unfortunately 3 (While UC was fun - Resident Evil: Dead Aim was not, so I do see what Jaysonguy is saying about the Wii being strong in those areas) the best.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jaysonguy

Not trying to intrude on you guys debate or anything

nini200

Nah, anytime you see a conversation hop in

I butt into so many conversations I've been known to wear my pants on my head :P

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

[QUOTE="nini200"]

Jaysonguy

I butt into so many conversations I've been known to wear my pants on my head :P

Thanks and HA!!! So I've seen. HAA!!! You do make good valid points ever now and then though. Especially when it's about anybody bashing MLB Power Pros. Everytime somebody mentions something they think is wrong with MLB Power Pros, I await your response because I know they are coming. And that cat in your Avatar is mezmerizing, I can't look away from that thing.

alphamale1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 alphamale1989
Member since 2008 • 3134 Posts
I'm going to have to say RE4 style. The controls work so well, I loved playing that game!
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#17 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

Thanks and HA!!! So I've seen. HAA!!! You do make good valid points ever now and then though. Especially when it's about anybody bashing MLB Power Pros. Everytime somebody mentions something they think is wrong with MLB Power Pros, I await your response because I know they are coming.

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="nini200"]

I really would like to be as controversial and popular as you and somehow come up with crazy topics and posts and such :P Anyways, on-rail shooters are claimed dead, which is why the wii is bringing that genre back. On-rail shooters FTW! except in RE's case where it's still better to have a RE4 style.
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

Classic.

I had fun with RE4, but I was ultimately disappointed in the end. I'd like traditional RE game - there was really no other game like it (although there were several inspired by the games).

bestibomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bestibomber
Member since 2009 • 659 Posts
[QUOTE="umcommon"]

Just out of curriosity is Capcom really giving Wii owners what they really want?

It seems like Capcom just keeps pooping all over the Wii with horribly weak efforts (except Monster Hunter 3 which looks amazing). We all know that the Wii had by far the best controls for RE:4 and that was heavily reflected by the critics and consumers alike. To me it's mind boggling that capcom refuses to satisfy a market with a fairly high demand for another RE game with RE:4 gameplay, instead of getting this we are left with half.... efforts that consist of cheap rail shooters and 6 year old ports. I don't know about all of you but this is just making me more and more sick.

First one.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#20 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Rail shooter. Why would I want a 'me too' version on the Wii?
Mike1978Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Mike1978Smith
Member since 2005 • 2012 Posts

[QUOTE="Cesar_Barba"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

Even so so games

Spider Man WOS = 130k

Those are direct ports. Meaning the Wii version is a watered down version ofthe exact same game that is better on the other systems.

What I think a lot of RE fans are wanting for the Wii is another RE4:Wii type of game that is EXCLUSIVE to the Wii, not found on other systems. Like a side story about what happens between 4 and 5 or perhaps a story about a simultaneous outbreak in another part of the world that takes place during the same time as 5.

We're not looking for something to compete with RE5, we're looking for something COMPLIMENTARY that is exclusive to the Wii. It's like when Nintendo releases a Zelda on a console, and then releases another Zelda on a handheld. The handheld can't match the power of the console, but it still provides a completely enjoyable experience and sells just fine.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jaysonguy

Why would I want a 'me too' version on the Wii? Haziqonfire

Since we're friends and all can I steal that line?

I think that perfectly describes the situation Wii owners are presently facing

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]Why would I want a 'me too' version on the Wii? Jaysonguy

Since we're friends and all can I steal that line?

I think that perfectly describes the situation Wii owners are presently facing

Yes, steal away.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
I want an adaptation of RE Zero.
lil_speedy_rvd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lil_speedy_rvd
Member since 2003 • 527 Posts

[QUOTE="umcommon"][QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

Jaysonguy

Jasonguy is right, instead of Making the same type of games on the Wii then they do on other consoles, Devs should use the strengths of the wii and build a game around that.

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts

Jaysonguy
1. Graphics are not as good on Wii. That is a fact. However, I just don't care. I don't need RE5 graphics to be happy, i'm more than happy with the visuals of RE4. 2. The controls are infinitely better on Wii. Motion Controls and IR pointing say hello. 3. As with graphics, Audio is not as high quality as on the Wii. Also as with graphics, I don't give a darn, the gameplay is what matters. 4. AI shouldn't matter at all because the enemies should be mindless zombies with less than half of their brain cells functioning! They aren't supposed to be smart, they're supposed to be really hard to kill and scary as heck. And how could the people owning more than one console pick the game up elsewhere if its Wii exclusive? I rest my case.
fluffy_kins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 fluffy_kins
Member since 2006 • 2553 Posts

I would like a game in the style of REmake.

I dont mind the awkward camera angles/controls, but I guess everyone else did :|

snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 snover2009
Member since 2008 • 1730 Posts

Umbrella Chronicles only disappointed me.

RE4 was the best game I ever played.

From the current status of the poll, it looks like people prefer the RE4 style of gameplay, which is what UC should have been in the first place.

If I want to play a on-rails shooter, I would just go to the arcade.

snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 snover2009

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="umcommon"] -graphics I'll give you that, but everyone who bought a Wii in the first place knew it wasn't HD anyway -sound is a matter of effort by the dev (besides how many people play video games in 5.1) -Wii has a lot of games with good AI, plus how hard is it to give a zombie personality Controls?! Are you serious? RE:4's controls were by far superior on the Wii. I guess it's a matter of opinion though at least for me dual analogs made the game clunky.lil_speedy_rvd

Jasonguy is right, instead of Making the same type of games on the Wii then they do on other consoles, Devs should use the strengths of the wii and build a game around that.

Why, in UC, you have NO CONTROL over your own movement, now that is lame.

As long as I can move my character with the analog stick, it'll be fine by me.

If the rereleased UC the same way except that it had standard FPS controls, then I would be good.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

I actually really enjoyed RE:UC and i'd gladly play a sequel to it any day. I also prefer that style to the RE:4 style because i enjoy co-op with my father and friends.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11514 Posts

The best Resident Evil has ever been is in the style of the very first game. It used to be a survival horror back in the day. I know, go figure.

The first resident evil provided two seperate ways to play through (jill=normal and Chris Redfield=hard) There were subtle differences that changed the game pretty significantly. Ammo was also quite scarce and you had limited saves meaning you had to really plan out what you do next. This also means that dying is more significant. It is one of the most well designed games to this day. You really felt like you had to SURVIVE. that is something that is missing from Resident Evil 4 and 5. The old Resident Evil also was perfect for speed runs (my record is 1hour and 20 minutes)

P.S. That is what I love so much about the first Pikmin game. It was a survival game where you had limited days to complete your ultimate goal and this made planning and conserving your Pikmin troops very important. (I beat the New Play Control version in 23 days)

umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 umcommon

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="umcommon"] -graphics I'll give you that, but everyone who bought a Wii in the first place knew it wasn't HD anyway -sound is a matter of effort by the dev (besides how many people play video games in 5.1) -Wii has a lot of games with good AI, plus how hard is it to give a zombie personality Controls?! Are you serious? RE:4's controls were by far superior on the Wii. I guess it's a matter of opinion though at least for me dual analogs made the game clunky.lil_speedy_rvd

How is he right? All he is doing is blasting his incredibly opinionated answer, and basically telling everyone else thier OPINION is wrong. I for one loved RE:4 on Wii mainly because it's controls were so incredible. RE:4 Wii had superior gameplay compared to anything possible with dual analog sticks. RE:4 brought out Wii's strengths with awesome gameplay. Rail shooters are just a cheap way for devs to make a quick buck, no offense to the genre but Wii is capable of much more than just that.

Avatar image for DaMattGuy-360XL
DaMattGuy-360XL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DaMattGuy-360XL
Member since 2009 • 108 Posts
Hey mister number crunching genius Jasonguy, you forgot one big factor on why so few copies of a game were sold: HOW MANY PEOPLE ACTUALLY HAVE A WII! Did you also miss the part where several million Wii consoles were sold to therapy and treatment centers who have no interest in a Wii game whatsoever if it's not therapeutic? Did you know that if all the people who could afford all 3 next gen consoles had actually managed to snag a Wii, EVERY SINGLE GAME would have at least 35% better sales for the Wii? Ranting over, my favorite Resident Evil setup is easily #4 on the Wii (Umbrella Chronicles was fun, but the rail system made me angry). Every single other RE game's controls annoyed the snot outta me (some I simply refuse to finish playing because "I" could not react fast enough).
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
i dislike re 4 gameplay it ruined the whole survival out of survival horror i would love a new resident evil game thats a non port or on rails but capcom just seems to care less about costumers and just money
Shayde_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Shayde_Shadow
Member since 2009 • 213 Posts

I reckon that rail-shooting is the best style for RE. I think that 1/2/3 and 4/5 styles are great, but the rail shooting makes the most of the Wii. I personally think that UC was a work of genius, and a brilliant idea. Take RE, a well known and well loved franchise. Thentake the near dead genre ofOn-Rails.The outcome takes Resident Evil in a whole new direction, and revives theOn-Rails genre on home consoles. It's not like the Wii is floodedwith the Rail Shooter games. Ipersonally can't wait for Darkside Chronicles :)!

Ganados0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 Ganados0
Member since 2008 • 1074 Posts

Despite boasts of sophisticated AI and crap surrounding the next gen consoles wii can do any Resident Evil we want perfectly. It has the graphics requirement (full 3D worlds, shadow and lighting, particle effects etc) it has the best control options (Wii remote and nunchukand two possible pads), it has a sufficient CPU for processing enemy and ally AI - which has not significentlyadvanced at all this generation despite claims, and we have got access to the best the series has to offer through full backwards compatability to the Gamecube.

The original type of gameplay has been done to death, RE4 style is the way forward and there's lots of potential in it for example the next game could do away with the merchant and force the player to hunt for guns and ammunition. It's that simple but it's something that should be optional or you can set your own challenges like not upgrading any gun or only sticking to the guns you find.

On rails is good for one thing, after so long REmake, Zero and so on do get tiresome with the constant backtracking and puzzles on repeated playthroughs, on rails presents the same story in a very cinematic way though I would prefer they didn't omit characters and skip over stuff.

srdjan311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 srdjan311
Member since 2007 • 1247 Posts

I prefer the Re4 control scheme, i hope that's what capcom does with the port

riou7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#38 riou7  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 10842 Posts

Similar to RE4

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#39 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
The Wii cannot compete in graphics, controls, sound, or AIJaysonguy
AI has nothing to do with software limitations.
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

online&offline coop modes of re5 are pretty sick , better to have a good buddy thena lame "ashley" imo lol

Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Pices
Member since 2005 • 3910 Posts
Graphics : SMG, MP 3, RE remake, SSBB, The Conduit, Twilight Princess Controls : MP 3, Medal Of Honor Heroes 2, The Conduit, MadWorld Sound : RE remake, SSBB, Twilight Princess AI : SSBB, The Conduit, Madworld
Ganados0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 Ganados0
Member since 2008 • 1074 Posts

All of RE5's enemies were copied and pasted from previous Resis. Sheva was exactly like your partner in Zero she onlyshoots in a enemies direction she doesnt shoot barrels, take headshots, limbs or projectiles they throw at you.

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#43 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

not if a real person controls her thats exactly the point

snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 snover2009

The Wii cannot compete in graphics, controls, sound, or AIJaysonguy

Graphics, you are right.

Controls, the Wii blows away the competition. IR pointer > analog stic for camera controls.

The sound on all consoles are the same. I know, I played both the Wii and Xbox360 versons of World at War.

Far Cry had the best AI and that is an old game with like almost non-existant system requirements. So no, the other consoles don't have enemies with better AI just because they have slightly more power.

Darkmagcite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Darkmagcite
Member since 2008 • 460 Posts
I really enjoy the style that was seen in Resident Evil 4. I enjoy the style in Umbrella Chronicles and am looking forward to the sequel, but I still have the RE4/5 style preference.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jaysonguy

Hey mister number crunching genius Jasonguy, you forgot one big factor on why so few copies of a game were sold: HOW MANY PEOPLE ACTUALLY HAVE A WII! Did you also miss the part where several million Wii consoles were sold to therapy and treatment centers who have no interest in a Wii game whatsoever if it's not therapeutic? Did you know that if all the people who could afford all 3 next gen consoles had actually managed to snag a Wii, EVERY SINGLE GAME would have at least 35% better sales for the Wii? DaMattGuy-360XL

At first I was just going to dismiss that "several million" buy you took the time to compliment me so at the very least I can dismiss this entire post with some explanations.

1. Several million? Ok in reality it's much lower probably not even over 1 million but hey I'm being nice. I'm going to give you 5 million Wii's are used in therapy.

That leaves us only 43 million Wii's

So who actually has a Wii? Many many people, so yeah you're wrong there

2. That line "3 next gen consoles also got a Wii" is wrong, 35% cannot happen because as you see the Wii is half of all consoles right now so if they pick up a Wii and games what number would they go up? I'll give you a hint, it's NOT 35%

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]The Wii cannot compete in graphics, controls, sound, or AIBlack_Knight_00
AI has nothing to do with software limitations.

Again, nice

OK, so in response to your post you are wrong

I'll make this very simple

AI is programmed
What runs programs? Hardware
The better the hardware the better the programming the better the AI

Have a nice day

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]The Wii cannot compete in graphics, controls, sound, or AIsnover2009

Graphics, you are right.

Controls, the Wii blows away the competition. IR pointer > analog stic for camera controls.

The sound on all consoles are the same. I know, I played both the Wii and Xbox360 versons of World at War.

Far Cry had the best AI and that is an old game with like almost non-existant system requirements. So no, the other consoles don't have enemies with better AI just because they have slightly more power.

Graphics, we got that settled, awesome

Controls for precision movement is done better on a controller.

The sound is most certainly not the same. The Wii does not offer the same sound selections that are done elsewhere. Ask the Wii to do 5.1 sound and the Wii will answer "How about stereo? We hear that's popular"

It takes power to make good AI. Something like the AI Director cannot even run of the Wii.

snover2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 snover2009

[QUOTE="snover2009"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]The Wii cannot compete in graphics, controls, sound, or AIJaysonguy

Graphics, you are right.

The sound is most certainly not the same. The Wii does not offer the same sound selections that are done elsewhere. Ask the Wii to do 5.1 sound and the Wii will answer "How about stereo? We hear that's popular"

It takes power to make good AI. Something like the AI Director cannot even run of the Wii.

We agree on Graphics, excellent.

When I use the Wii Remote in an FPS, I kill stuff faster, because it is a breaze to line up shots. When I use a controller with an analog stick, it takes too muck time to line up a shot.

I heard no difference in soundbetween Wii and Xbox360 when I played a multiplat game on both consoles. Sound selection, maybe, but it pretty much sounds the same.

I already mentrioned Far Cry, groundbreaking AI. It is an 5-6 old game, whick means that all other games should have better AI, but that is not the case. I played next gen games where the AI doesn't compare to that of Far Cry. This means that Hardware is not an issue.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="snover2009"]

Graphics, you are right.

snover2009

We agree on Graphics, excellent.

When I use the Wii Remote in an FPS, I kill stuff faster, because it is a breaze to line up shots. When I use a controller with an analog stick, it takes too muck time to line up a shot.

I heard no difference in soundbetween Wii and Xbox360 when I played a multiplat game on both consoles. Sound selection, maybe, but it pretty much sounds the same.

I already mentrioned Far Cry, groundbreaking AI. It is an 5-6 old game, whick means that all other games should have better AI, but that is not the case. I played next gen games where the AI doesn't compare to that of Far Cry. This means that Hardware is not an issue.

Yes, now we're seeing eye to eye about the controls. You're praising them for being able to line up shots. I agree with that

Where we disagree is that I say they should take the strongest part, which you agree is the combat, and build around that.
You on the other hand want them to build around other things and then also add that combat you prefer

The sound is more then a choice. In a horror game especially sounds matter and with the ability to make the atmosphere that much more defined with 5 points of sound you can't argue a dev not wanting to do that. Hearing something more from 5 points in the room beats something either on the left or right of you.

The AI for Far Cry is good, it's been bested many times over since last gen though. If any AI were able to be run on the Wii then we wouldn't see games like Red Steel have criminally stupid AI. They'd take the AI from Far Cry last gen and tweak it a little. We're not seeing that.

Each console has had better AI. Unless you're thinking that AI has never changed and we're just seeing the same AI since the start of these games in the 80's