Resident Evil 5 on Wii...impossible for the console?

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Eloy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Eloy
Member since 2003 • 115 Posts

Looks like Capcom is thinking very well about the profits that Wii brought with the sales of RE 4 Wii edition and Chronicles Umbrella...they said that we should wait a bit to see something good coming, I´m totally sure that Capcom can create a port of RE 5 for Wii with better graphics than RE 4, so hopefully the lucky hit will be with us.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#2 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

i doubt it will be a re5 port. its most likely aremake, but it may be a spinoff if we are lucky.

Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

I dunno...it's up in the air with this game. It takes advantage of the other console's power to a high degree....it would be watered down dramatically if it ever came to the Wii.

I wouldn't mind a side story (if they could make one) from RE5, but I don't want watered down version of RE5 if you follow my drift. I want a new experience that's exclusive and built around the Wii controls.

I wouldn't even mind if Capcom made a game based on that cgi movie that just came out a few months ago. I think it was Leon and Claire (some girl, forgot who it is) and they were at an airport.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

For the sake of Biohazard 5, I pray for no wii version. I'm not interested in playing a version that will be like watered down gatorade just because some people want to feel included. Waste of Capcom's time and money when they could be doing something else worthwhile.

I hope the Wii gets an exclusive new (yes new capcom, I know you like to port) Biohazard built with the wii in mind. (also not on rails capcom, you've done that too) That way weget2 new games built for there respective systems in mind instead of a crap port that most people will bash when they finally get the message that it wasn't built with the wii in mind.

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
No. It can't be done.
piratedrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 piratedrunk
Member since 2003 • 341 Posts

I agree that even if it could be done it shouldn't. That style of art can't be done on the Wii so if they tried to do anything similar it would just look ugly in comparison. I would love to see a new game taking advantages of the Wii's strengths instead.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36047 Posts

the graphics would suggest that it is impossible however the fact that it is on two systems means the engine is modable I just dont know if it would be possible to do it on the wii

black_ice23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 black_ice23
Member since 2003 • 1288 Posts
are people still on this? i swear capcom fully said that RE5 aint happening on Wii how much more proof do you need, besides the Wii needs original ideas not watered down ports
zammaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 zammaro
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
well, lets all hope it will be on the wii soon...ps3 and xbox 360 do indeed have better graphics..but im sure they'll slightly change with the wii...it also gives the bran new engine..from the condiut.. to give it an opportunity to see how it goes with re-5...
maxgil2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 maxgil2
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts

From the demo looked like its possible on Wii , *maybe * this is where ppl assume its possible? ...will be getting the full game tomoro..will let you know then. But as Capcom stated no Wii version.

AsianGammer94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AsianGammer94
Member since 2008 • 197 Posts

Wii can't handle a Reident Evil 5 game

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
People are always saying the Wii cant handle RE5, but have no idea what that means. Its like saying the SNES cant handle Mario Galaxy. Obviously they couldn't just take RE5 and dump it on the Wii and say done like a port is normally done. However they could make a game called RE5, they could make it an over the shoulder action game, they can put a number of enemies on the screen of all racial backgrounds of course, they could make huge bosses who wear belts made of people, it could star Chris Redfield and Sheeva Alomar, and it could have Albert Wesker as the bad guy. Would it be as pretty as the 360 version? No. Could it have as many enemies on the screen? No. Could it have the same detail on the characters and in the environments? No. Would it have online Co-op? Not Likely. The point is they could put RE5 on any system they feel like, it would just have obvious differences from the version coming on Friday. Hell they could put RE5 on the GBA if they wanted. The real question is Would they bring RE5 to the Wii? and to that I respond, No. If we got the effort of a spinoff that was not a simple rails shooter I would be surprised, but I fully expect ports and remakes for the immediate future.
MasterC5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MasterC5
Member since 2006 • 2932 Posts

People are always saying the Wii cant handle RE5, but have no idea what that means. Its like saying the SNES cant handle Mario Galaxy. Obviously they couldn't just take RE5 and dump it on the Wii and say done like a port is normally done. However they could make a game called RE5, they could make it an over the shoulder action game, they can put a number of enemies on the screen of all racial backgrounds of course, they could make huge bosses who wear belts made of people, it could star Chris Redfield and Sheeva Alomar, and it could have Albert Wesker as the bad guy. Would it be as pretty as the 360 version? No. Could it have as many enemies on the screen? No. Could it have the same detail on the characters and in the environments? No. Would it have online Co-op? Not Likely. The point is they could put RE5 on any system they feel like, it would just have obvious differences from the version coming on Friday. Hell they could put RE5 on the GBA if they wanted. The real question is Would they bring RE5 to the Wii? and to that I respond, No. If we got the effort of a spinoff that was not a simple rails shooter I would be surprised, but I fully expect ports and remakes for the immediate future.Sepewrath
You don't understand do you? they would have to rebuild the game from the ground up it's not worth the effort.

blankshore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#14 blankshore
Member since 2008 • 1809 Posts

NOTHING is impossible with the power of Nintendo! :P

Dingerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Dingerious
Member since 2009 • 685 Posts

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]People are always saying the Wii cant handle RE5, but have no idea what that means. Its like saying the SNES cant handle Mario Galaxy. Obviously they couldn't just take RE5 and dump it on the Wii and say done like a port is normally done. However they could make a game called RE5, they could make it an over the shoulder action game, they can put a number of enemies on the screen of all racial backgrounds of course, they could make huge bosses who wear belts made of people, it could star Chris Redfield and Sheeva Alomar, and it could have Albert Wesker as the bad guy. Would it be as pretty as the 360 version? No. Could it have as many enemies on the screen? No. Could it have the same detail on the characters and in the environments? No. Would it have online Co-op? Not Likely. The point is they could put RE5 on any system they feel like, it would just have obvious differences from the version coming on Friday. Hell they could put RE5 on the GBA if they wanted. The real question is Would they bring RE5 to the Wii? and to that I respond, No. If we got the effort of a spinoff that was not a simple rails shooter I would be surprised, but I fully expect ports and remakes for the immediate future.MasterC5
You don't understand do you? they would have to rebuil;d the game from the ground up it's not worth the effort.

No they wouldn't. They already have an engine that works perfectly fine on Wii: the RE4 engine. Ground up? No. Hell no.

Oh, and I snickered at the "could mario galaxy be done on the SNES" comment:

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Sepewrath
People seem to have completely missed the point of my post well here is an example, Assassins Creed you know that game with the huge cities and tons of people in it that came out on the PS3/360, well it also came out on the DS. Its wasn't the same as its console bethern but the point is any game can be retooled for any console, however that doesnt mean that it will. Capcom will not bring RE5 to the Wii. And you cant just paste RE5 over RE4 because of the co-op and the way the game revolves around it.
maxgil2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 maxgil2

Well I didn't like the co-op thing with demo ..the ai is too dumb :P..eg. when you're dodging zombie & running away *SHE* decides to turn around & shoot then gets trap ..then HELP :? ..she even steals ammo & herbs. with a human player itd be great tho.

plus there's virtually no commmand @ all, you can't ask her to hide like you could with Ashley in RE4.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sepewrath
Why would you tell a person with guns who is perfectly capable of taking care of themselves to hide. Its not like defenseless Ashley here.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Rocky32189
No they wouldn't. They already have an engine that works perfectly fine on Wii: the RE4 engine. Ground up? No. Hell no.Dingerious
If they want it to run with the RE4 engine on the Wii they'd have to build it from the ground up to do so.
maxgil2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 maxgil2

Why would you tell a person with guns who is perfectly capable of taking care of themselves to hide. Its not like defenseless Ashley here.Sepewrath

hehehe true..if the ai were better I wouldn't hav to ask her to hide ;) its unecessary burden, with another human player on the same skills you won't be in the same trouble as you would with ai, ...there's virutally no command @ all for the ai except for calling her to come to you..(demo)

negatives things..with ai (demo)

steals/hogs ammo & herbs - then you hav get it all back

stands too close to explosive barrels

can't run or dodge properly - with urge to suddenly turn around & shoot & gets trapped

can't ask her to stay back..or just stop moving.

or maybe Im just too use to being the big he--man in RE4 :P

Just hope its better with the full game..I'll find out tomoro.

bananaxx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bananaxx2
Member since 2007 • 133 Posts

well if re4 make look the GC like e xbox why not and they are making dead space for wii so why not...but! i dont think capcom want to do that i mean they will earn alot! of money if they do that because they are alot of wii but! like i say i dont think they want...well im not waiting re5 for wii im waiting re5 for pc! hell yeahhhhh!!!!!!!! :P:lol:

and yes i know dead space belong to EA games but dead space have alot of graphics soooo RE5 could run on the wii with some downgrade on the graphics...

well the only thing ppl can do is wait...and wait...and wait...

Darkmagcite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Darkmagcite
Member since 2008 • 460 Posts
We'd be lucky if something like that was to happen. I'd love to see a game that is not quite the same as Chronicles or a Wiimake. Though, I guess it's still something to look forward to regardless. I guess I'm just optimistic. :)
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

In the spirit of being a kill joy since I enjoy it so much, Capcom's announcemnt is for another rail shooter for wii, Dark Side Chronicles. Enjoy, maybe This RE5 non sense can stop now

BrooklynHotBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BrooklynHotBoy
Member since 2003 • 818 Posts

RE5 is not coming to the wii. capcom already said so.

close thread

red_sovereign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 red_sovereign
Member since 2007 • 1936 Posts

NOTHING is impossible with the power of Nintendo! :P

blankshore
i wish more people had your optimism!
People seem to have completely missed the point of my post well here is an example, Assassins Creed you know that game with the huge cities and tons of people in it that came out on the PS3/360, well it also came out on the DS. Its wasn't the same as its console bethern but the point is any game can be retooled for any console, however that doesnt mean that it will. Capcom will not bring RE5 to the Wii. And you cant just paste RE5 over RE4 because of the co-op and the way the game revolves around it.Sepewrath
you argument is valid brother. also, that game sucked, but i totally enjoyed it, AND completed it (ds version that is)
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#27 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

its possible to run a slightly lesser graphic version just like they did with dead rising but it will or should nt be much more since it does look like only re4.5 graphically,

its capcom they dont want wii owners complaining aboiut the graphics etc etc, thats the real truth lol look at dead rising for example loads of people for uknown reasons were complaining about its graphics well guess what i ve play the game, and it doent look that awful even in comparision ,

since dead rising was near 360 launch it doesnt have that much polish to it to begin with like say madden 09 or wwe 09 , saints row 2 , these are definatelly games that would look in a way bad on wii because they need to down grade alot, unlike dead rising where as only few things are noticabel, 1 they baracaded some spots of the mall , ( thats the only downside any how not that those places were usful ,) theres still enough zombies to block your path lol, ya, re5 on wii would look like re4 pos lil better b ut its do able, that in fact, remember ps1 days where n64 was double the power

this gen is just like that but backwards , so in reality if they took the effort , they can put any game slated for xbox360 and ps3 on the wii to just have to cut back on graphics, and put on some motion controls or even use gc controller etc ,, eg dead space, its doable ,

those saying no its not, well you werent saying that when n64 had its software ported over to ps1 a much less technical platform

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#28 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Listen to the IGN podcast.
They know what it is, and what they said is not to get too excited. It's not BIG. It's something You could very well enjoy but nothing spectacular. k.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

In the spirit of being a kill joy since I enjoy it so much, Capcom's announcemnt is for another rail shooter for wii, Dark Side Chronicles. Enjoy, maybe This RE5 non sense can stop now

ActicEdge
Thought the announcement wasn't being made till Thursday?
manicfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30 manicfoot
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts

[QUOTE="Dingerious"]No they wouldn't. They already have an engine that works perfectly fine on Wii: the RE4 engine. Ground up? No. Hell no.Rocky32189
If they want it to run with the RE4 engine on the Wii they'd have to build it from the ground up to do so.

RE5 is running on a modded RE4 engine. It even uses the same animations in places. Also, remember that the RE4 engine didn't even max out the GamCube. Wii has over double the RAM as well as a faster CPU/GPU. If they optimised their engine for Wii they COULD port it if they wanted to and make it like RE4.5 - bigger environments, more enemies on the screen at once. That's pretty much what RE5 is.

Point is, RE5 makes way, WAYYYYY more sense than porting Dead Rising.

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts

People seem to have completely missed the point of my post well here is an example, Assassins Creed you know that game with the huge cities and tons of people in it that came out on the PS3/360, well it also came out on the DS. Its wasn't the same as its console bethern but the point is any game can be retooled for any console, however that doesnt mean that it will. Capcom will not bring RE5 to the Wii. And you cant just paste RE5 over RE4 because of the co-op and the way the game revolves around it.Sepewrath

The problem is if Capcom would retool RE5 to the Wii then it wouldn't be RE5 anymore so why bother?

I rather have a new RE game in the Wii instead of a retooled RE5 that doesn't even resembles the original version.

Having the same name is not like being the same game. Assassins Creed on the DS isn't close to the console versions.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

It would be like trying to run RE4 on the original playstation.

r_gam3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 r_gam3
Member since 2008 • 1185 Posts
UC2 confirmed, check out IGN.
Ganados0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 Ganados0
Member since 2008 • 1074 Posts

Were not missing anything special going by some reviews which describe it as RE4 without the imagination or variety that was put into it.

Eloy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Eloy

The trouble was that Capcom since the very beggining (gamecube years) promissed loyalty to Nintendo about Resident Evil series, and if you read the interview of the spoken person from capcom marketing...you´ll see what am I talking about...well in any case let´s wait hopefully something good is coming

Dingerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Dingerious

Oh god, are all of you complete morons?

MasterC5

It's not my fault that I have enough common sense to see what can and cannot work on Wii.

MasterC5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MasterC5

[QUOTE="Rocky32189"][QUOTE="Dingerious"]No they wouldn't. They already have an engine that works perfectly fine on Wii: the RE4 engine. Ground up? No. Hell no.manicfoot

RE5 is running on a modded RE4 engine. It even uses the same animations in places.

Your stupidity never ceases to amaze me. You post this every time there's a resi 5 thread, I then go on to tell you how wrong you are, but it never seems to get through to you.

RE5 is not running on a modded RE4 engine you dult! it is running on capcoms next gen engine, this is the same engine that lost planet and DMC4 run on. If you actually paid attention to the freaking animations in RE5 you would notice that are smoother annd more life like then the ones in RE4. The only reason you think they're the same is because the RE4 ones are similar but much stiffer. IT WOULD HAVE TO BE REBUILT FROME THE GROUND UP and the result would probably be as terrible as the wii dead rising game. Get over it

RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#38 RealKilla_789
Member since 2007 • 3669 Posts

yes

Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
The wii is capable of his own version of RE5. Capcom is just too lazy.
MasterC5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MasterC5

Were not missing anything special going by some reviews which describe it as RE4 without the imagination or variety that was put into it.

Ganados0
LOL, all the reviews are extremely positive so far.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Rocky32189

RE5 is running on a modded RE4 engine. It even uses the same animations in places. Also, remember that the RE4 engine didn't even max out the GamCube. Wii has over double the RAM as well as a faster CPU/GPU. If they optimised their engine for Wii they COULD port it if they wanted to and make it like RE4.5 - bigger environments, more enemies on the screen at once. That's pretty much what RE5 is.

Point is, RE5 makes way, WAYYYYY more sense than porting Dead Rising.

manicfoot

It means nothing that the Wii has double the RAM as the GC, especially since the PS3 and 360 have six times as much RAM as the Wii. And even that spec alone barely scratches the surface of how much more powerful the other consoles are, and RE5 is one of the best looking games on those consoles. And since when is RE5 running on the same engine as RE4? Source?

piratedrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 piratedrunk
Member since 2003 • 341 Posts

The wii is capable of his own version of RE5. Capcom is just too lazy.Rod90

Considering the sheer number of awesome games they have been coming out with lazy is not a term I would use to describe them. Quite frankly it would be silly to put RE5 on the wii. They made a game im sure they are very proud of and don't want to have to cheapen it by putting it on the wiiwith its reduced capabilities. They can support the wii by making a fresh game for it using the system's own unique capabilities and that would be awesome.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Sepewrath

[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]Why would you tell a person with guns who is perfectly capable of taking care of themselves to hide. Its not like defenseless Ashley here.maxgil2

hehehe true..if the ai were better I wouldn't hav to ask her to hide ;) its unecessary burden, with another human player on the same skills you won't be in the same trouble as you would with ai, ...there's virutally no command @ all for the ai except for calling her to come to you..(demo)

negatives things..with ai (demo)

steals/hogs ammo & herbs - then you hav get it all back

stands too close to explosive barrels

can't run or dodge properly - with urge to suddenly turn around & shoot & gets trapped

can't ask her to stay back..or just stop moving.

or maybe Im just too use to being the big he--man in RE4 :P

Just hope its better with the full game..I'll find out tomoro.

I never had those problems with the AI since she stays behind you, yeah she goes a little nuts on the ammo but I just usually tell her to pick up the ammo since I use mine much less. So that problem is solved, the problem I had was with playing with people online, thier morons for the most part. They pick up ammo for guns they dont have and dont pass it along, they run around and get themselves into pointless jams and when you do actually need their help they are nowhere to be found. The AI Sheeva was much more useful to me.
Dingerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Dingerious

Your stupidity never ceases to amaze me. You post this every time there's a resi 5 thread, I then go on to tell you how wrong you are, but it never seems to get through to you.

RE5 is not running on a modded RE4 engin you dult! it is running on capcoms next gen engine, this is the same engine that lost planet and DMC4 run on. If you actually paid attention to the freaking animations in RE5 you would notice that are smoother annd more life like then the ones in RE4. The only reason you think they're the same is because the RE4 ones are similar but much stiffer. IT WOULD HAVE TO BE REBUILT FROME THE GROUND UP and the result would probably be as terrible as the wii dead rising game. Get over it

MasterC5

I don't think you quite understand what "from the ground up" means.

MasterC5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MasterC5

[QUOTE="MasterC5"]

RE5 is not running on a modded RE4 engine you dult! it is running on capcoms next gen engine, this is the same engine that lost planet and DMC4 run on. If you actually paid attention to the freaking animations in RE5 you would notice that are smoother annd more life like then the ones in RE4. The only reason you think they're the same is because the RE4 ones are similar but much stiffer. IT WOULD HAVE TO BE REBUILT FROME THE GROUND UP and the result would probably be as terrible as the wii dead rising game. Get over it

Dingerious

It would have to be almost completely retooled to work on the wii. That is "from the ground up."

Dingerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Dingerious

[QUOTE="Dingerious"]

[QUOTE="MasterC5"]

MasterC5

It would have to be almost completely retooled to work on the wii. That is "from the ground up."

No, it wouldn't, and no, it's not.

Eloy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Eloy

Well now is official that RE5 is not gonna make it on Wii....but think that this port has more sense that Dead Rising port....well let´s hope that Dead Space will be an excellent one....thanks for the comments on this forum guys, see ya later.

voixco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 voixco
Member since 2008 • 128 Posts

Just for clarification, Resident Evil 5 doesn't use the RE4 engine. It uses the MT Framework engine, an engine developed for the 360, PS3, and PC. In addition to Resident Evil 5, it's been used in Dead Rising, Lost Planet, and Devil May Cry 4.

maxgil2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 maxgil2

Played the game on PS3...up to chapter 3...

Well so far there's nothing in the game that makes me WOW!!! ...I don't think this can be done on Wii. So far everything in the game says it can be done ..the graphics isn't that flash - wish the water looked better...

Whoever says the title screen can't run on Wii is BS, I didn't notice anything special??...graphics can be dumb down @ 1080p/720p it might not work but @ 480p Wii definitely will work. The co-op human thing might be an issue tho...but with ai as companion it will work. eg. the new chick -> ashley with guns that's all I notice so far.

THe inventory menu? nothing special - you can change weapon on the spot/realtime ,,,not sure why they say that can't be done on Wii?

My theory why its not on Wii : Its the same type of game as RE4 - with bigger areas..*so those that hav said its RE4.5* seems to be right. The most important one is the control - the Wii motion control on this game would be superior, it make the deciding factor actually ..* I never understood why ppl complain abt the controls* thank God for the RE4 control config because the default control config is useless *maybe Im used to RE4 controls*

Leon had better melee combos :D

Opinion may change as I progress further into the game

BUT so far it doesn't look impossible on Wii really, ...the Wii control would make this game even better ;)

Its a good game :)

That's my view of the game so far

wiifun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#50 wiifun
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
i dont think we will see re 5 wii soon.....