RE5 how come not on Wii?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

coolmat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 coolmat1
Member since 2005 • 31 Posts

Why has Capcom left nintendo with the Resident Evil series?:cry:

I'd love to kill zombies on the Wii, tell me it will happen...please!

LOLhahaDEAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2 LOLhahaDEAD
Member since 2006 • 4431 Posts
It WILL happen. Wii doesn't get RE5, but it does get Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles. You're little behind on the times there, buddy.
Goten_king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#3 Goten_king
Member since 2004 • 4327 Posts
Graphically the wii can't handle a port from 360/PS3. So they are making a ground up/remake title taking full advantage of wiimote controls. Its tentatively called Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, WE have no info on this otehr than its supposed to be the events after UC breaks apart.. i think.. try wikipedia'ing it to see.
thisisjosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#4 thisisjosh
Member since 2005 • 2845 Posts
too bad. i mean, seriously, we all know that umbrella chronicles won't come near the quality of RE5, but that's really only my speculation. who knows, i might be dead wrong.
hairyassapeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 hairyassapeman
Member since 2006 • 39 Posts
Honestly I'm glad RE5 won't be for Wii. The Wii's controls suck for shooters and similar games.  I'd much rather play a game like that on the 360 or PS3.   To me the Wii is great for those quirky party games, and some sports games, but man I hate playing shooters on the Wii...
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
One time they said they wanted it in High Def then they simply said Wii couldn`t handle several other things. But after seeing how they butchered Resi 4 to work on the PS2 I`m surprised they care so much. Although Umbrella Chronicles is coming to Wii, if its any good has yet to be seen. But I`ll have a 360 for RE5 anyway, its must have for any fan or anyone that loved RE4.
coolmat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 coolmat1

Do you have any infos on the Umbrella Chronicles?  Release date, etc.

Knowing this made my day!  Beware zombies!

LOLhahaDEAD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8 LOLhahaDEAD
Member since 2006 • 4431 Posts

Do you have any infos on the Umbrella Chronicles?  Release date, etc.

Knowing this made my day!  Beware zombies!

coolmat1
Try Wikipedia, dude.
ice_radon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 ice_radon
Member since 2002 • 70464 Posts
Graphically the wii can't handle a port from 360/PS3. So they are making a ground up/remake title taking full advantage of wiimote controls. Its tentatively called Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, WE have no info on this otehr than its supposed to be the events after UC breaks apart.. i think.. try wikipedia'ing it to see. Goten_king
Yeah, graphical department as well as what they are limited to do in game with the limited hardware compared to the very close 360 and Wii. But I think it might also have to do with the PS3 and 360 having totally traditional controllers and the Wii having a crazy new controller. Plus I dont think that the new controller would be that great for RE5 considering it has been built from the ground up for the 360 and PS3 for the most part. And online. Nintendo still doesnt even have a strong online plan where as Microsofts XBL is rock solid and PS3 Network is starting to look better. And me personally, having all the consoles, I would prolly get the game for my 360 first and second would easily go to the PS3 and third would be the Wii.
coolmat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 coolmat1
Why is there no information on Gamespot if the release date for Umbrella Chronicles is set to summer 2007 according to wikipedia?
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
Honestly I'm glad RE5 won't be for Wii. The Wii's controls suck for shooters and similar games.  I'd much rather play a game like that on the 360 or PS3.   To me the Wii is great for those quirky party games, and some sports games, but man I hate playing shooters on the Wii...hairyassapeman
How many shooters have you played on the Wii might I ask? Also if they felt like it they could use the GC or Classic controller if they could find a working scheme with the wiimote. Also the game is not a remake, as it is new content kind of a side story you can say but not a remake. P.S-dont trust Wikpedia for release dates.
-DarkestHour-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 -DarkestHour-
Member since 2007 • 270 Posts
but man I hate playing shooters on the Wii...hairyassapeman

There are only what.... 3 released yet?
Give it some time. Pretty soon they are going to have one that will kick everyones ass. Using the Wii-mote can give a shooter such a great experience. It's just that the games released thus far haven't set a good example. It will come.
kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kidrock17xp
Member since 2004 • 2966 Posts
[QUOTE="tomarlyn"]One time they said they wanted it in High Def then they simply said Wii couldn`t handle several other things. But after seeing how they butchered Resi 4 to work on the PS2 I`m surprised they care so much. Although Umbrella Chronicles is coming to Wii, if its any good has yet to be seen. But I`ll have a 360 for RE5 anyway, its must have for any fan or anyone that loved RE4.

I heard RE5 will be more like the RE games before 4 and REUC will be like RE4
STi25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 STi25
Member since 2006 • 158 Posts
don't worry, there's good games coming out for the Wii.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts
too bad. i mean, seriously, we all know that umbrella chronicles won't come near the quality of RE5, but that's really only my speculation. who knows, i might be dead wrong.thisisjosh
I think you might be dead right on this one... I'm not looking forward to the Wii RE that much, actually. It doesn't sound very good. I'd be hyped for a RE5 for the Wii. Wouldn't be as graphically amazing as the other versions, but the controls would rule. I'd much rather get RE5.
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
[QUOTE="kidrock17xp"][QUOTE="tomarlyn"]One time they said they wanted it in High Def then they simply said Wii couldn`t handle several other things. But after seeing how they butchered Resi 4 to work on the PS2 I`m surprised they care so much. Although Umbrella Chronicles is coming to Wii, if its any good has yet to be seen. But I`ll have a 360 for RE5 anyway, its must have for any fan or anyone that loved RE4.

I heard RE5 will be more like the RE games before 4 and REUC will be like RE4

Either way its all good :) I`d like to see something that combines traditional gameplay with the new approach, like RE4 was originally meant to do.
clownofpoetry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 clownofpoetry
Member since 2004 • 501 Posts
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles is coming to the Wii. It's better than nothing. It would be nice to see RE5 on the Wii though. Silent Hill 5 would be cool too.
Flamepheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Flamepheonix
Member since 2006 • 384 Posts
[QUOTE="thisisjosh"]too bad. i mean, seriously, we all know that umbrella chronicles won't come near the quality of RE5, but that's really only my speculation. who knows, i might be dead wrong.Litchie
I think you might be dead right on this one... I'm not looking forward to the Wii RE that much, actually. It doesn't sound very good. I'd be hyped for a RE5 for the Wii. Wouldn't be as graphically amazing as the other versions, but the controls would rule. I'd much rather get RE5.

How does umbrella chronicles not sound very good? when we know nothing about it except for when in the timeline it is set
coolmat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 coolmat1
Does anyone have any clue on what's coming for Umbrella Chronicles?  I think we should start somewhat of a petition to get RE5 on Wii.  We have nothing to lose.
elmoXPXP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 elmoXPXP
Member since 2003 • 1493 Posts

The Wii should not have any multiplatform ports whatsoever.  Look at all the ports on the system. They all suck.

Only the Wii exclusive games are good, and only ever will be good for this system.

Wii is getting Umbrella Chronicles anyway, and Xbox 360 and PS3 aren't getting that.

FireEmblem24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FireEmblem24
Member since 2007 • 1097 Posts
[QUOTE="hairyassapeman"]Honestly I'm glad RE5 won't be for Wii. The Wii's controls suck for shooters and similar games. I'd much rather play a game like that on the 360 or PS3. To me the Wii is great for those quirky party games, and some sports games, but man I hate playing shooters on the Wii...Sepewrath
How many shooters have you played on the Wii might I ask? Also if they felt like it they could use the GC or Classic controller if they could find a working scheme with the wiimote. Also the game is not a remake, as it is new content kind of a side story you can say but not a remake. P.S-dont trust Wikpedia for release dates.

Wii shooter controls arnt too great yet, but in time they will be. Red Steel especially, but Far Cry as well, at some points had a glimmer of hope for what the controls could be. Its too bad those games were rushed and too damn buggy/horibble to look at.

As for RE5, i hate to say it, but the wii cant handle the graphics, no way. But wi will get RE:UC for our zombie killing pleasure.
Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

Honestly I'm glad RE5 won't be for Wii. The Wii's controls suck for shooters and similar games.  I'd much rather play a game like that on the 360 or PS3.   To me the Wii is great for those quirky party games, and some sports games, but man I hate playing shooters on the Wii...hairyassapeman

Except RE5 is going to control similar to RE4 and probably be paced the same way as well.  SO really, controlling RE5 or Umbrella chronicles won't be any different than controlling Link in Twilight Princess.  It should be no problem running around, doding enemies while controlling your bow (or gun in the case of RE) with the wiimote. 

I mean, think about RE4.  How difficult would that exact same game been to shoot with the wiimote instead of a joystick?  Frankly, I think it would have been easier.  RE is not a FPSer.  There is no reason the Wii shouldn't controller better (in my opinion) than the 360 or PS3 version.

The only reason Capcom isn't putting RE5 on the Wii is because the difference in graphics.  But since Capcom ports every RE game EVER...I am confident RE5 wills how up on the Wii eventually.  It will just take more time for them to redo the graphics.

AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AlmightyDerek
Member since 2002 • 4144 Posts
The PS3 and XBOX360 got a HD version of Sonic, while the Wii got an exclusive built from the ground up Sonic game.  The Wii game turned out way better.  The same thing could happen for Resident Evil.  I don't know why everyone seems so worried anyway.  We barely know anything about either game to decide which ones better..As long as Capcom gives us a good game, with a well thought out control scheme thats all I care about.
santanablu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 santanablu3
Member since 2007 • 1467 Posts

They are kind of stupid not continuing the resident evil siries on the wii.but hey they are coming out with resident evil chronicals.i hope that game is good.but if you notice the picture for the game it looks like they are taking it back to part one all over again.

thisisjosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#25 thisisjosh
Member since 2005 • 2845 Posts
[QUOTE="Litchie"][QUOTE="thisisjosh"]too bad. i mean, seriously, we all know that umbrella chronicles won't come near the quality of RE5, but that's really only my speculation. who knows, i might be dead wrong.Flamepheonix

How does umbrella chronicles not sound very good? when we know nothing about it except for when in the timeline it is set

which to me, already makes it not sound as good as an all new RE game.