"Unknown" jewel for the DS...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lutinpofin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 lutinpofin
Member since 2003 • 425 Posts

Do you know one jewel of a game that went under the radar for the DS? Is there one "not so popular" game that you think everyone should know about? Should try? Should BUY?

I tried most of the "popular" DS games, the ones who got good reviews and were featured and publicized a lot. Now I'm searching for another one, but I really don't know what to get.

If you have a game (any genre) that you really like for the DS and that most people are unaware of, please share.

I'm in the need for some portable fun... thanks.

Monowa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Monowa
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Glory Days 2 is a great game in my opinion and not that many people seem to have it.
It also seemed to get many good reviews.

SirSpudly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SirSpudly
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts

for racing fans

for puzzle fans

for platforming fans well..technically its unknown, it feels fresh every time ive touched it, probably because Nintendo stopped making it WAY too early it its life cycle for things like more Nintendogs.

DSfanatic5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 DSfanatic5
Member since 2005 • 936 Posts

There really isn't such thing as an "UNKNOWN" jewel for the DS, but there are a few games that the majority of DS owners will never play. Here's a few games that nobody I know has played, and I have trouble finding people offline that have played them.

1. Meteos (Perhaps my favorite puzzle game of all time)

2. Hotel Dusk (A very memorable adventure game with great visual style)

3. Electroplankton (An "internet only" purchase, not quite a game, but a relaxing diversion)

4. Phoenix Wright / Apollo Justice Series (For those who haven't tried, this is truly an addictive series, much like reading a good book)

DazzleKitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DazzleKitty
Member since 2005 • 70 Posts

This is really gonna depend on taste....there are some games that I LOVED but most gamers out there wouldn't touch them. Yeah, I can push someone to buy them, but they won't like them. Truthfully, I don't think anyone should buy these, because I know you'd all hate them.

Tamagotchi Connection: Corner Shop 2. If you love a game that has lots of minigames, this is a really good one. I could say those who like business sims may like it, but it's not really like that....it's just mini-game based. And really colorful!

Petz: Dogz 2. This game really reminds me of a simplified version of Animal Crossing mixed with minigames. Like, you play lots of minigames and win cool stuff for your dog's house (over 200 items) and the decorating part is what reminds me of AC. It's fun and relaxing. Though, I love the 'sequel' in Japan, Ochaken no Heya 2 so much more. Now THAT'S a game I love.

Petz: Dolphins. Not a virtual pet at all, though it may seem to be. Has a storyline and goes. Sadly, the 'petz' title will scare many off.

Hamsterz Life. For those who enjoyed Nintendogs, I feel this one is even better and more engaging. The Hamster talks to you and asks you questions. There are fun mini-games to play and really cute items to win, such as food, clothes, cages, wallpaper, and toys for your hammy. I think it's the best virtual pet game out there on the DS, really.

That's all I can think of for now.

travt-down

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 travt-down
Member since 2008 • 1549 Posts
Picross Puzzle Quest PW series Picross
tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 tylea002
Member since 2006 • 2351 Posts
There are loads, but due to my limited knowledge of DS games, I don't know many. However, I can say that Digimon World Dawn is my favourite game for DS, a like pokemon but a bit better game IMHO. That is realtively unknown, and awesome.
Lothenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lothenon
Member since 2003 • 1177 Posts
Hah. That's an easy one. Anno 1701 was never, I think, released outside of Europe, and it's among the top5-DS-games there are. Trust me. It's an almost flawless RTS-Game, the only really working one on the DS, and in no way worse than it's PC counterparts. Anno 1701: Dawn of Discovery is one of the best DS games yet, and hardly anyone knows about the game.
OniStrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 OniStrat
Member since 2003 • 1800 Posts

Viewtiful Joe DS! It's one of the best games on the DS that no one talks about. Check that game out, seriously! =)

EDIT: There's one more, although you'd have to import it if you'd like to play it. Taiko no Tatsujin DS, the best rythm game on the DS (it's as good as Ouendan, if not even better).

hugey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 hugey
Member since 2008 • 135 Posts

Puzzle quest Challenge of the Warlords

Hotel Dusk :D

Cassius128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Cassius128
Member since 2005 • 2670 Posts
Can't think of any that are out right now, I predict super dodge ball will be overlooked and largely ignored by ds fans.
hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
There are ppl who play a ssb-like game called Jump Ultimate Stars, where you battle it out with anime characters. I have it, but it's in Japanese, so you'll need to use a faq to play it.
Avatar image for deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 deactivated-62cbf5c22ef38
Member since 2004 • 16051 Posts

I will go with Hotel Dusk (thus it seems that more ppl that I though of know that one)

Also Dementium, it got a no so good review and it was put aside.. imo.. is a great horror game. Great atmosphere, may be hard for some bc of no easy checkpoint (kind of old school there) and the controls were done really nice (exc for the way you switch between weapons)

Elraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Elraptor
Member since 2004 • 30966 Posts
Please use the sticky. Thanks.