This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jag-T1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jag-T1000
Member since 2006 • 938 Posts

There was a purple 3DS on E3, so I I really would like to buy it. Any chances that they will sell it? I will sell my black 3DS and get the purple 3DS for sure.

There was also a red and orange one at E3. I'm hoping they release the purple first.

F0urTwenty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 F0urTwenty
Member since 2010 • 1842 Posts
If they had all those colors at launch(purple, orange, green, red, etc...) I would still get the black one :D.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

What color purple if it is dark I wouldn't mind.

The color I really want is Kiwi Green similar to the Gameboy Color.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

If it was available I would get this colour. Instead, I'll get aqua blue.

ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts

That purple once is nice, but not nice enough to get rid of my Aqua 3DS for.

AstralDrmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AstralDrmz
Member since 2009 • 784 Posts

That's like a 'Phantom Purple' scheme. It's beautiful.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
I like my blue. I think I would still get blue even if those other colors were out.
knightseason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 knightseason
Member since 2006 • 1260 Posts

I really wanted the red on. I was really sad when I heard it wasn't comming out :(

fred1712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 fred1712
Member since 2005 • 1220 Posts

Red or Orange would have been nice. But alas, I have to stick with black.

SnowyPaws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SnowyPaws
Member since 2011 • 232 Posts

Blue is my fav color hense why I got a blue 3ds, However if the usa ever gets that purple one then all i can say is looks like my hubby will be getting my old blue 3ds.

XNinjaPandaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 XNinjaPandaX
Member since 2011 • 45 Posts

Was that purple 3DS even released for regular pruchase in Japan?

AstralDrmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AstralDrmz

XNinjaPandaX
Nope. Black and Blue everywhere.
XNinjaPandaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 XNinjaPandaX
[QUOTE="XNinjaPandaX"]

AstralDrmz
Nope. Black and Blue everywhere.

So exactly why were purple and red showcased? Are they going to be future game-exclusive bundle packages?
tiki_tidalwave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tiki_tidalwave
Member since 2009 • 129 Posts

The purple 3DS is drop-dead gorgeous! I would definitely like to get ahold of one of those. Hopefully Nintendo will release these additional colors to consumers before too long. But, I'm sure it won't happen until next year. Bummer.

androflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 androflash
Member since 2005 • 1034 Posts

I want this color. I would buy two systems just because of how good it looks.

Mahuri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Mahuri
Member since 2005 • 1397 Posts

i Would still choose my aqua blue , but Red does sound tempting ;p

AstralDrmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AstralDrmz

My guess is them all being E3 showings for hype. Ironically out of all of them, I wanted blue the most. I have a black one.

Oh, and for all of you that didn't see last year's E3, there was a green one as well:

Also: I reaaaally wanted the copper one as well. I would buy an extra purple one if it were available, though.

pizzamanopenup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18 pizzamanopenup
Member since 2005 • 1350 Posts

God, it's going to be SO long before we can get our hands on systems that look like that. Remember, Nintendo showcased Wii consoles of all different colors before it came out. Only 3 of them to my knowledge (white, black, and red) have been made publicly available to date. It took them a solid 2 or 3 years before the black and red ones even came out, and the red one was a limited edition. Here's the thing...Nintendo has a bad habbit of showing off systems in colors they'll never make available. Bottom line: it's possible they release it in that color, but by no means guaranteed.

androflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 androflash
Member since 2005 • 1034 Posts

My guess is them all being E3 showings for hype. Ironically out of all of them, I wanted blue the most. I have a black one.

Oh, and for all of you that didn't see last year's E3, there was a green one as well:

Also: I reaaaally wanted the copper one as well. I would buy an extra purple one if it were available, though.

AstralDrmz

I think it was more than hype, they probably wanted to see the public's reaction to different colors. Purple, orange, and green make the 3DS look great, unfortunately, they are not 'common' colors for handhelds. Black and blue are standard colors, you can't go wrong with them. Besides, many people care too much about the color and won't buy a handheld just because the one they want is out of stock. So, there's no point in having all the colors of the rainbow, people will adjust to whatever they release (not to mention, new colors down the line always promote future sells).

I was surprised the red one didn't make it, though. Seemed to be one of the most popular ones in media before release.

SnowyPaws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SnowyPaws
Member since 2011 • 232 Posts

[QUOTE="AstralDrmz"]

androflash

I think it was more than hype, they probably wanted to see the public's reaction to different colors. Purple, orange, and green make the 3DS look great, unfortunately, they are not 'common' colors for handhelds. Black and blue are standard colors, you can't go wrong with them. Besides, many people care too much about the color and won't buy a handheld just because the one they want is out of stock. So, there's no point in having all the colors of the rainbow, people will adjust to whatever they release (not to mention, new colors down the line always promote future sells).

I was surprised the red one didn't make it, though. Seemed to be one of the most popular ones in media before release.

IMHO I think the reason they didn't release the red one yet is they plan to do a Mario bundle with it. In the past all the red ones were released as a mario bundle so im assuming they want to do the 3ds the same as the others of the past.

dsrules13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dsrules13
Member since 2010 • 1624 Posts

Red or Orange would have been nice. But alas, I have to stick with black.

fred1712

Same.

Leaky_Taps_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Leaky_Taps_Man
Member since 2010 • 319 Posts

I really don't get why Nintendo (and to a lesser extent Sony) release their consoles/handhelds with so little in the way of colour options. I remember back in the day of Gameboy Color when they had a fair few options at launch - admittedly most were hideous - but we had the option dammit. You know Nintendo will eventually release these colours for the 3DS so why not give the early adopters extra initiative to buy it and not get royally shafted as per usual.

darksongbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#23 darksongbird
Member since 2009 • 1237 Posts

I really don't get why Nintendo (and to a lesser extent Sony) release their consoles/handhelds with so little in the way of colour options. I remember back in the day of Gameboy Color when they had a fair few options at launch - admittedly most were hideous - but we had the option dammit. You know Nintendo will eventually release these colours for the 3DS so why not give the early adopters extra initiative to buy it and not get royally shafted as per usual.

Leaky_Taps_Man

I agree completely. The purple is the coolest color that I've seen so far but I wouldn't mind a red one.

XNinjaPandaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 XNinjaPandaX

I wonder if those were even operational, and on top of that given to high nintendo executives as rewards or something.

Avatar image for InsultToInjury_
InsultToInjury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 InsultToInjury_
Member since 2007 • 2219 Posts
The purple one is lovely but from day 1 of seeing official images and things of the 3DS last year I always had my heart set on the Aqua Blue as that was the one I seen first. Although if the purple and blue were released at the same time I'd have a hard time picking what colour to go for.
Mustangooos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Mustangooos
Member since 2010 • 167 Posts

Leaky_Taps_Man

Because they are a big company who want to continually makesales further down the line and this is the easiest way for them to do it, Actually quite clever...

Avatar image for MicrosoftISdumb
MicrosoftISdumb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 MicrosoftISdumb
Member since 2005 • 1959 Posts

Nintendo always does this. Before launch they show you a bunch of colors, then they don't release those colors out. If they do, its not for a couple of years.

The fact of the matter is that purple portable devices don't sell nearly as well as a black portable device. It costs Nintendo extra money to manufacture a specific color, so there is no reason to make a purple 3DS as of now. They want to pump these babies out ASAP, more colors would slow things down.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
Didn't they show off a load of different coloured Wii's at some point? That turned out well, all there is is black. I wouldn't get your hopes up for new colours
ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts
Didn't they show off a load of different coloured Wii's at some point? That turned out well, all there is is black. I wouldn't get your hopes up for new coloursbobbetybob
There's also red.
rubber-chicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rubber-chicken
Member since 2009 • 2081 Posts
I hate Nintendo because I'm gonna get one of the colors that are out now, and the next day they'll announce new colors. -_-
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#31 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

that looks like the non transparent version of the purple n64 lol , i wish i had a color besides gree nn64 lol i would love to find me either a see through orange or blue again or watermelon , those were awsome to look at if not the consoles the controllers , id so find me a light blue controller a grape and water melon controller as well as that jungle green one then all id need is a yellow and grey controller,