Possible Okami Sequal! :DDD 'Okamiden'

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

Okamiden

OMG!! I hope it's true!

Summary:

Capcom recently talked about a sequal that will "blow your mind."

Capcom just filed a trade for "Okamiden"

Okamiden may be short for Okami Gaiden

It is possible that Okamiden has something do with, Okami Wii coming out in Japan in October. (hopefully not)

Here you go if you are interested in the "Blow You Mind"thing. Apparently, if it is Okamiden, we won't find out anything for awhile.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
No, no, no, no. Won't happen.
AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 AmayaPapaya

No, no, no, no. Won't happen.OreoMilkshake

Crazier things have happened.

LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts
Interesting. If it's actually a game I hope it's on another console though. Didn't care too much for the Wiiport controls. I preferred the PS2 controls actually and would love to see a heavy artistic game like this in HD.
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

Hmm I hope its true

SoraX64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 SoraX64
Member since 2008 • 29221 Posts
No, no, no, no. Won't happen.OreoMilkshake
And who are you to make that statement? It could be. You never know.
ceruxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ceruxx
Member since 2007 • 1292 Posts

Remember that Capcom didn't release Okami on Wii.

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts
capcom always said a sequel would be pending the sales of the first okami.Perhaps the sales finally met their spectations.It would something really big to have a related game from the rich Okami universe, one of the best new ips of the last decade.
DevilDude3232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DevilDude3232
Member since 2009 • 339 Posts

I just hope it releases on PS3 for two reasons. One, the controls. I have the wii version and ps2 version and the wii controls are pretty bad. A lot of times they are unresponsive and don't work well. The ps2 controls are great and would be the same for the ps3. Another is the graphics. This game is beautiful as it is but in HD it would be fantastic.

Although if it is for wii, I just hope it has wii motion +.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
[QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"]No, no, no, no. Won't happen.SoraX64
And who are you to make that statement? It could be. You never know.

There's no logical point. Poor sales, dead developer. And no that's not a double negative.
tom95b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tom95b
Member since 2008 • 4999 Posts

I sure hope this is true, I love Okami.

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#12 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
I laugh at the "I hope this comes out on PS3/360!". When a PS3/360 game comes out, people want it for Wii. When a Wii game comes out, people want it for 360/PS3. It's so funny! :lol: Boy if this game is an Okami sequel then there really is a God! A gaming God!
tom95b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tom95b

I love Capcom if this is real.

ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ShuichiChamp24
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts

I enjoyed playing Okami, a sequel would be welcomed by me.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
unless they completely ruin the story, we wont get a new okami. it's probably just the name for the japanese version.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

It better not happen

What was a great game last gen was ported over to the Wii as shovelware for a quick cash grab

The game was given to either lazy or novice devs who destroyed it's art style and broke the controls

Okami was best left for the last generation. People who have only played the current gen version have not experienced the true version and if another was ever made it would veer so far away from the original concept that it would be unrecognizable in every possible way except it's name.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#17 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
I don't know. All the plots tied in at the end of Okami, and I don't really think a sequel need be made. I'm not against the idea of an Okami sequel, but I think it would be better to just leave a game like this one to be one-of-a-kind.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if it's announced but I wouldn't get excited just yet. It will not be developed by Clover so the game will probably be very different, and possibly bad. And it's almost guaranteed to be exclusive to PS3 and 360 so if you're just a Wii owner, you'll be out of luck.
pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#19 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

I refuse to get excited about that possible sequel, but if they do confirm it one day I will be very happy.

tom95b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tom95b

I don't know. All the plots tied in at the end of Okami, and I don't really think a sequel need be made. I'm not against the idea of an Okami sequel, but I think it would be better to just leave a game like this one to be one-of-a-kind.wiifan001

I agree with you that the the story ended, but maybe Gaiden stands for side story.

SonicBalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#21 SonicBalla
Member since 2006 • 2610 Posts

The First ones overrated -_-

tom95b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tom95b

The First ones overrated -_-

SonicBalla

The first one was awesome and deserves to sell more!:x

Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

I've yet to even play the first...

would be nice if it did though.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BrunoBRS

It better not happen

What was a great game last gen was ported over to the Wii as shovelware for a quick cash grab

The game was given to either lazy or novice devs who destroyed it's art style and broke the controls

Okami was best left for the last generation. People who have only played the current gen version have not experienced the true version and if another was ever made it would veer so far away from the original concept that it would be unrecognizable in every possible way except it's name.

Jaysonguy

i completely disagree. i couldnt stand the PS2 controls and loved the wii controls. i find the "watery", more contrasted graphics to be way better than the sharper, less contrasted PS2 graphics (that can, unfortunately, still be seen on the cutscenes). okami was made for the wii but was released too soon, on the PS2.

but like i said before, a sequel wouldnt fit the story unless they ruined it.

Avatar image for nintendofreak_2
nintendofreak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#25 nintendofreak_2
Member since 2005 • 25896 Posts

Hopefully it'll fix those trash controls from the port, if it's real.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

It better not happen

BrunoBRS

i completely disagree. i couldnt stand the PS2 controls and loved the wii controls. i find the "watery", more contrasted graphics to be way better than the sharper, less contrasted PS2 graphics (that can, unfortunately, still be seen on the cutscenes). okami was made for the wii but was released too soon, on the PS2.

Okami wasn't made for the Wii, it was a broken port

The original was a work of art, it had perosnality

Look at the textures like it's painted on real paper, look at the way that each color diffuses as it reaches the borders just like paint bleeds into paper.

Now look at how awful it looks on the Wii

There's no texture, there's no gentle diffusion of colors. There's flat and barren area mixed with sharp lines

They killed it

As far as the controls they all worked last gen, the Wii version can't say that

AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AmayaPapaya

For those of you saying, the plot came to an end or whatever, if this game excists, It may be called Okami GAIDEN. As in, "Side Story." Most likely, it won't have a lot to do with the previousplot, and there may even be a new Protagonist.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

It better not happen

Jaysonguy

Look at the textures like it's painted on real paper, look at the way that each color diffuses as it reaches the borders just like paint bleeds into paper.

There's no texture, there's no gentle diffusion of colors. There's flat and barren area mixed with sharp lines

They killed it

cant people have the right for an opinion? i didnt like the PS2 version. good thing i gave a second chance on the wii, i liked it way better. and i think the wii graphics look better.

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

I would like to see the game in all the consoles

RetroNinja21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 RetroNinja21
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="wiifan001"]I don't know. All the plots tied in at the end of Okami, and I don't really think a sequel need be made. I'm not against the idea of an Okami sequel, but I think it would be better to just leave a game like this one to be one-of-a-kind.tom95b

I agree with you that the the story ended, but maybe Gaiden stands for side story.

I have to agree, but then again, It would be REALLY fun to play at your peak with all those SUPER AWESOME [spoiler] powers that you saw ''yourself'' use at the twin demons. And it would be nice to see [SPOILER AGAIN] the plain that you go to with waka at the end of the game...
intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts
Okamiden is coming, and staying on Nintendo side.But its coming for DS to reach the expanded audience.
DeeDeeDee-er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DeeDeeDee-er
Member since 2006 • 1067 Posts

I would like to see the game in all the consoles

JuarN18
Well of course I'd like to be greedy and hog a new Okami and laugh at all the other consoles, it would be the smart move to release it for all 3. Would definitely help with sales.
tom95b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 tom95b

I think Okami would work great on the DS. But still, I want a new console Okami. But the DS game will keep me busy:P

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts
Okamiden is a sequel to Okami not a remake.
Cesar_Barba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Cesar_Barba
Member since 2003 • 3665 Posts

cant people have the right for an opinion? i didnt like the PS2 version. good thing i gave a second chance on the wii, i liked it way better. and i think the wii graphics look better.

BrunoBRS

No!!! How dare you have an opinion?:x

Hell, that is what I said my self, I like the Wii version more than I do the PS2 version specially for the fact that the controllers suit me so much better than they did on PS2. Okami was really meant to be on Wii all along. So who cares if the graphics don't have a paper look to it, I thought it was all about the game.

Burning-Sludge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Burning-Sludge
Member since 2008 • 4068 Posts

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

It better not happen

Jaysonguy

They killed it

I would believe you more if the picture of the PS2 version and the picture of the Wii version were of the same thing.

youkoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 youkoa
it had better be true
DeeDeeDee-er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DeeDeeDee-er
Member since 2006 • 1067 Posts

YES! IT'S TRUE! For DS obviously, not Wii, but who cares. And that little puppy Ammy is adorable. Finally a sequel to one of my favorite games ever.

monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 monty_4256
Member since 2004 • 8577 Posts
it's on ds
monty_4256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 monty_4256
Member since 2004 • 8577 Posts

[QUOTE="Jaysonguy"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]i completely disagree. i couldnt stand the PS2 controls and loved the wii controls. i find the "watery", more contrasted graphics to be way better than the sharper, less contrasted PS2 graphics (that can, unfortunately, still be seen on the cutscenes). okami was made for the wii but was released too soon, on the PS2.

Burning-Sludge

They killed it

I would believe you more if the picture of the PS2 version and the picture of the Wii version were of the same thing.

if you look closely, the paper texture is there, it's just not a obvious as it was in the ps2 version

Orochi_Luver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Orochi_Luver

Its been confirmed: Okamiden IS going to be for the nintendo Ds! I'm going to say that I'm happy about it, better Okami DS than no Okami at all... ^^

I bet If I reserve it they give you a celestial Stylus! :P

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BrunoBRS

Its been confirmed: Okamiden IS going to be for the nintendo Ds! I'm going to say that I'm happy about it, better Okami DS than no Okami at all... ^^

I bet If I reserve it they give you a celestial Stylus! :P

Orochi_Luver
well... we all knew this a month ago, that's why people stopped posting on the thread. please do not revive old threads for no reason ;)