Pokemon Platinum "best pokemon game?"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SoulReaperSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 SoulReaperSam
Member since 2009 • 62 Posts
i have spoken to a few people and they say platinum is the best so far, but arent they just all the same just different pokemon? they all seem pretty much the same, most of the storyline is the same, what do you lot think?
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

when you factor out the nostalgia that the 1st and 2nd gen games have...yeah.

Platinum is arguably the best.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

...Not a chance.:|

nZiFFLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nZiFFLe
Member since 2009 • 1481 Posts

i enjoyed G/S/C far more than D/P/PL.

CcJj09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CcJj09
Member since 2007 • 15268 Posts

Its fun, but I still enjoy Gold alot more.

nelfer320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 nelfer320
Member since 2004 • 2867 Posts

nZiFFLe
I second that.
SoulReaperSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SoulReaperSam
is it me or has pokemon got boring?
swordking148

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 swordking148
Member since 2006 • 62 Posts
g/s/c were the best pokemon games i mean come on playing jhoto and kanto to get 16 badges that was awesome. pokemon should have kept the formula in r/s/e and in dm/pr/plat. but pokemon Platinum is one of the best ones out there
toney213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 toney213
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
u can catch every single Pokemon in there including palkia and dialga and giritina and shamin with out ranger idk about arcues and there is 600 pokemon 600!!!
GANGSTASAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 GANGSTASAN
Member since 2006 • 2249 Posts
[QUOTE="nZiFFLe"]

nelfer320
I second that.

I third that
magitekk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 magitekk
Member since 2009 • 3959 Posts

I like gold/silver better, but maybe that's only because it's the one I've played the least (the one I haven't gotten bored of)

halfbreed11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 halfbreed11111
Member since 2007 • 578 Posts
[QUOTE="nelfer320"][QUOTE="nZiFFLe"]

GANGSTASAN
I second that.

I third that

i fourth that
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Shinobishyguy

...Not a chance.:|

VGobbsesser

Anything to back up that statement other than nostalgia :roll:

meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14 meiaman
Member since 2006 • 3300 Posts

Well, its a bit off-topic but megaman games are pretty much all the same, but megaman 7 is my favorite.

For the megaman x, megaman X1 is my favorite, followed shortly by megaman X3.

Even if its "pretty much the same" you will still enjoy ones more than others.

In my opinion, gold/silver/crystal was the best ones because of:

-Better music.

-Team rocket was cooler than any galatic goon.

-Rival was a bad guy, not some weirdo rushing everywhere.

-Lots of cameos from the previously games (red/blue/yellow).

-You could buy fire/elec/water stone. (scaveging for them since ruby/sapphire is somewhat a pain).

-Pokegear was better than any of the recently gadgets (radio owns).

-Unowns mistery was intriguing.

-The game seems to had a more serious look than any of the other games. (maybe it just me...)

-After you beat the main storyline you still have more 8 gym badges to collect and plenty of stuff to do.

-Random encounter rate wasn't so high that could make you angry if you run out of repels.

In my opinion what pokemon platinum/diamond/pearl need to be one of the top pkmn games:

-A badass rival.

-Better music.

-Intriguing underground organizations, Mafia, hidden secrets in the towns, shady characters that knows more than they seems to.

-Intriguing ruins with more interactivity (like the puzzle mini-game in the unown caves in g/s/c).

-smarter opponent AI, enemy pokemons has better moves.

-Maybe 3d battles? (like dragon quest monsters)

-Some random cameos from previously games and other regions.

-Maybe change the starter set type?

-Darker and scarier caves, enemies in dark places have suspicious looks and atitudes (not just some random picknicker boy/girl, who the hell in sanity do picknicks inside caves?)

-Those TV stuff... seriously, you have to break into people's house to watch it, not that its that interesting, but why didn't simply put a portable TV like firered/leafgreen?

----------

Maybe its a bit blogworthy... but whatever, thats what i believe pokemon platinum/diamond/pearl needed to become a great pokemon game.

XBD247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 XBD247
Member since 2006 • 322 Posts

I apologize if this is alittle off topic, but I have only played the original pokemon games, and only for alittle bit,I have never owned one. But I am familiar with the original cast, which seem to have left the series? Are all of the original (more enjoyable, aka nostalgic kinda) pokemon all gone for good? (bsides pikachu which seems to stay forever) I am getting the DSi and will probably get this to finally see what an entire game is like, but all of the newer pokemon look bland to me, are there any originals left?

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shinobishyguy

I apologize if this is alittle off topic, but I have only played the original pokemon games, and only for alittle bit,I have never owned one. But I am familiar with the original cast, which seem to have left the series? Are all of the original (more enjoyable, aka nostalgic kinda) pokemon all gone for good? (bsides pikachu which seems to stay forever) I am getting the DSi and will probably get this to finally see what an entire game is like, but all of the newer pokemon look bland to me, are there any originals left?

XBD247
The sinnoh pokedex in platinum has plenty of 1st and 2nd gen pokemon. Hell right now in my party the only 4th gen pokemon I have is torterra (my starter)
meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#17 meiaman
Member since 2006 • 3300 Posts

XBD247
You can catch a good number of old pokemons, also you can transfer old ones from firered/leafgreen (remakes of red and green(blue for USA)).
XBD247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 XBD247
Member since 2006 • 322 Posts

Thanks for the response, so there are some still left, thats cool. Are the original starters still available? Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle? Still looking forward to see what the fuss is all about come April 5th.

kirbyfalco55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kirbyfalco55
Member since 2008 • 214 Posts

Red, blue, and yellow were the best. G/s/c were great, but the original was the best. I remember doing the infinite master ball and rare candy cheats, and I loved the music and being able to play them on the N64.

Lucho_21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lucho_21
Member since 2006 • 239 Posts

pokemon yellow was my favorite back in those days. Now i feeling right the same way, but
I still enjoy these new pokemon.

zobi123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#21 zobi123
Member since 2008 • 344 Posts

platinum is a really fun game its arguably the best pokemon game cause of the features and online play grafics music, ect, ect.

XBebop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 XBebop
Member since 2003 • 1414 Posts

My only problem with Pokemon is the speed of the battles. They need to add in a turbo button so I can get through those in seconds, not minutes.

3kratos3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 3kratos3
Member since 2006 • 674 Posts

Can you catch squirtle, charmander or bulbasauer in platnium? If you can i will buy this game tomorrow! Blastoise FTW!

superluigi96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 superluigi96
Member since 2007 • 504 Posts

Can you catch squirtle, charmander or bulbasauer in platnium? If you can i will buy this game tomorrow! Blastoise FTW!

3kratos3

I think you're still going to have to transfer those from FireRed/LeafGreen.

3kratos3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 3kratos3
Member since 2006 • 674 Posts

Can you get Mewtwo in PL?

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Shinobishyguy

My only problem with Pokemon is the speed of the battles. They need to add in a turbo button so I can get through those in seconds, not minutes.

XBebop
Platinum actually has slightly faster battles compared to Diamond/pearl...where there was a lot of lag between attack animations and such.
SoulReaperSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SoulReaperSam

Well, its a bit off-topic but megaman games are pretty much all the same, but megaman 7 is my favorite.

For the megaman x, megaman X1 is my favorite, followed shortly by megaman X3.

Even if its "pretty much the same" you will still enjoy ones more than others.

In my opinion, gold/silver/crystal was the best ones because of:

-Better music.

-Team rocket was cooler than any galatic goon.

-Rival was a bad guy, not some weirdo rushing everywhere.

-Lots of cameos from the previously games (red/blue/yellow).

-You could buy fire/elec/water stone. (scaveging for them since ruby/sapphire is somewhat a pain).

-Pokegear was better than any of the recently gadgets (radio owns).

-Unowns mistery was intriguing.

-The game seems to had a more serious look than any of the other games. (maybe it just me...)

-After you beat the main storyline you still have more 8 gym badges to collect and plenty of stuff to do.

-Random encounter rate wasn't so high that could make you angry if you run out of repels.

In my opinion what pokemon platinum/diamond/pearl need to be one of the top pkmn games:

-A badass rival.

-Better music.

-Intriguing underground organizations, Mafia, hidden secrets in the towns, shady characters that knows more than they seems to.

-Intriguing ruins with more interactivity (like the puzzle mini-game in the unown caves in g/s/c).

-smarter opponent AI, enemy pokemons has better moves.

-Maybe 3d battles? (like dragon quest monsters)

-Some random cameos from previously games and other regions.

-Maybe change the starter set type?

-Darker and scarier caves, enemies in dark places have suspicious looks and atitudes (not just some random picknicker boy/girl, who the hell in sanity do picknicks inside caves?)

-Those TV stuff... seriously, you have to break into people's house to watch it, not that its that interesting, but why didn't simply put a portable TV like firered/leafgreen?

----------

Maybe its a bit blogworthy... but whatever, thats what i believe pokemon platinum/diamond/pearl needed to become a great pokemon game.

meiaman
DUDE!! you totally powned it! and i gotta say i actually agree with about 100% you said, apart from it looks better in my opinion! thats it!
Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts

I liked Blue/Red and Silver/Gold more than any of the newer Pokemon games. One probable reason is that Pokemon was still new at the time and the same game formula hadn't already been rehashed so many times. Another thing I recall is likeing the music much, much better. Sometimes, I still think about the peppy little tune that plays between the hometown and Pewter City. The older games (especially the 1st) had cooler Pokemon in general. A lot of the newer Pokemon are obviously nothing more than altered versions of previous ones (like the new butterfly/moth pokemon).

Avatar image for BabycakesOMGLOL
BabycakesOMGLOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BabycakesOMGLOL
Member since 2009 • 258 Posts

Can you get Mewtwo in PL?

3kratos3
-_- yes, he is a randomly generated pokemon while going through the forest of 'in your dreams'.